PDA

View Full Version : When is former site coming back and why is this?

Rallyper
10th September 2013, 09:32
Iīll give the moderators or whoever to explain this situation which have come up on the site. Only a few members seems to have found this site which I believe is an older version or what?

Rallyper
10th September 2013, 09:34
For example Pickems Australia has slept in by 44 members only done pickems...

Hartusvuori
10th September 2013, 09:46
They had a message in FB that forum was comprehensively hacked yesterday. I don't know if this is permanent solution or what.

Rallyper
10th September 2013, 10:51
OK, Iīm not having FB. This solution seems a bit old to me.

I noticed during the weekend that the former site changed its MMI, before it went out. I thought it was my own settings that had changed, because of many chilldren was visiting us....

Wouldnīt it be good spreading this site on FB? (Those who have FB, that is)

BleAivano
10th September 2013, 11:51
Iīll give the moderators or whoever to explain this situation which have come up on the site. Only a few members seems to have found this site which I believe is an older version or what?

Read this: viewtopic.php?f=93&t=159794 (http://94.23.4.31/viewtopic.php?f=93&t=159794)

Rallyper
10th September 2013, 12:04
OK, did read and found out whatīs the problem. However finding this forum wasnīt spot on directly. Searching for the old forum didnīt redirect me to this one. Maybe itīs not technical possible. I do believe many rallying fans out there finding themselves alone in the rallying universe without our beloved motorsportforums...

makinen_fan
11th September 2013, 08:14
at least for me it redirected here that's how I found it

Mintexmemory
11th September 2013, 12:28
Keep looking for updates and we have temporary Pickems patch up

Mark
11th September 2013, 12:47
Basically someone was out to screw me/us over and they succeeded ;)

noel157
11th September 2013, 23:54
This is an old version? I thought it was a forum upgrade ......no wonder I can't do my pickems.......

Mark
12th September 2013, 08:36
This is an old version? I thought it was a forum upgrade ......no wonder I can't do my pickems.......

No it's not an old version. It's many years newer than what we had but it's phpbb instead of vbulletin.

noel157
12th September 2013, 09:51

No it's not an old version. It's many years newer than what we had but it's phpbb instead of vbulletin.

Hey Mark, just glad we have a forum at all, after your problems. Thanks.

andyone
12th September 2013, 11:03
Sorry for all rally funs. But who would wan t to do that.. What can i do on rally without Motorsport forum. Nice work mark and good luck

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

Mirek
12th September 2013, 13:02
Would it be possible in the future to see again the list of active topics under rallying subforum like it used to be in the past?

Leon
12th September 2013, 13:07
also the previous and next thread of the one we are viewing at the end of the page

makinen_fan
12th September 2013, 13:30
Also the Like button was something nice to have.

Kielder
12th September 2013, 13:39

Like.

Would it be possible in the future to see again the list of active topics under rallying subforum like it used to be in the past?

Like x2. I asked the same on the thread "What's happened? Why has the forum changed?": http://www.motorsportforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=93&t=159794

dimviii
12th September 2013, 14:32

Like.

Like x2. I asked the same on the thread "What's happened? Why has the forum changed?": http://www.motorsportforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=93&t=159794

+1

gorganl2000
12th September 2013, 18:30
i'm glad that at least the site back up
hopefully you guys can get it back to where you want it

its a great site for rally information and discussions

keep up the good work Mark and everyone associated

Mark
12th September 2013, 19:04
i'm glad that at least the site back up
hopefully you guys can get it back to where you want it

its a great site for rally information and discussions

keep up the good work Mark and everyone associated

Thanks. It's appreciated. :)

tfp
13th September 2013, 21:39
We could always go back to the old way before we had the "like" button, +1!

Good luck in getting things sorted mark!

Rallyper
13th September 2013, 21:40
Good work, Mark. But please if itīs technically possible - letīs have the like button back.

tfp
14th September 2013, 09:54
Good work, Mark. But please if itīs technically possible - letīs have the like button back.

+1 ;)

A FONDO
15th September 2013, 21:31
The Like button saves many many posts of the type "I agree with you" , "thank you for sharing this", quote +1, etcetra

btw good job with the data import, my old ignore list is still working flawless :bounce:

Barreis
16th September 2013, 00:06
Without like button is better... :colour:

Formaldehyde
16th September 2013, 00:42
Is it possible to access this new forum platform on mobile? I used the "ForumRunner" app to read the old forum (don't remember how exactly I stumbled upon it), but it's not working anymore with the phpBB platform. Has anyone managed to access this forum on a mobile device?

dimviii
16th September 2013, 13:06
The Like button saves many many posts of the type "I agree with you" , "thank you for sharing this", quote +1, etcetra

btw good job with the data import, my old ignore list is still working flawless :bounce:

+1

tommeke_B
16th September 2013, 13:51
Is there any possibility that the new lay-out will come back? I appreciate that you do all effort to get it online, and to keep it online, but it would be great if the forum would be more user-friendly again. :) Somehow the previous version was easier to read and navigate through IMO.

Mark
16th September 2013, 16:30
Is it possible to access this new forum platform on mobile? I used the "ForumRunner" app to read the old forum (don't remember how exactly I stumbled upon it), but it's not working anymore with the phpBB platform. Has anyone managed to access this forum on a mobile device?

Forum Runner access is on my list. However you can use Tapatalk in the meantime.

Mark
16th September 2013, 16:30
Is there any possibility that the new lay-out will come back? I appreciate that you do all effort to get it online, and to keep it online, but it would be great if the forum would be more user-friendly again. :) Somehow the previous version was easier to read and navigate through IMO.

Personally I find the complete opposite. This layout is cleaner just my opinion of course.

Franky
16th September 2013, 17:57

Personally I find the complete opposite. This layout is cleaner just my opinion of course.

I think it's more down to the habits and what you expect to see. For example, when the initial switch to phpBB happened I got confused, couldn't recognize the forum at first.

dimviii
16th September 2013, 18:08

?ark imho the only better thing at this layout is that it is very fast.

Mirek
16th September 2013, 18:17
Yes, it's really very fast. On the other hand I miss the option to display active topics in the section and the option to display video in the post. The like button was good to save many useless posts such as +1 or agree as was already pointed out.

makinen_fan
16th September 2013, 18:24
Also the ability to include large images was good. Mark is there scope to bring some of these features back or is it inherent limitations of phpBB?

dimviii
16th September 2013, 18:52
Also the ability to include large images was good. Mark is there scope to bring some of these features back or is it inherent limitations of phpBB?
+1 i tried to post plenty of fantastic photos,but couldnt at this layout.Images too big. :(

Mark
16th September 2013, 18:54
That was something I chose. If you want bigger then suggest a sensible maximum keeping in mind the style we have is a fixed width.

ik1911
16th September 2013, 19:02
This car and this livery!

http://sites.studioline.net/ghnkiqv8zba ... ia-st.html (http://sites.studioline.net/ghnkiqv8zbaa/concorso-eleganza-castello-miramare-trieste-11.12.may-2013/41-49/76-lancia-st.html)

sorry wrong place!

makinen_fan
16th September 2013, 19:10
That was something I chose. If you want bigger then suggest a sensible maximum keeping in mind the style we have is a fixed width.

Some other forums use automatic image resize to a certain width that the admin chooses to be the best for the layout. For the forum here seems to not be wide enough to accommodate decently sized images (approx 1200px +).
By doing a quick search I came up with something like this:
https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/mod/ ... e_resizer/ (https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/mod/reimg_image_resizer/)

Will it possible to implement something along these lines?

Mark
16th September 2013, 19:17
I'm not able to look at it at this exact moment but I'll look at the mod later in the week. Cheers.

Gregor-y
17th September 2013, 17:41
I really agree with this. I could see restricting the size if the images were being hosted by the forum, but otherwise a display size with a 'view full size' option would be great.