PDA

View Full Version : Mikkelsens pacenote system?

2nd-driver
29th August 2013, 17:20
Hello 2 all,

in the german "Rallye-Magazin" forum we discuss about the pacenote system of Mikkelsen.
One reason of the nostart of Mikkelsen in the "Deutschland-Rallye" were published as: Nobody knows his pacenote system, to replace his codriver.
One answer in the forum was: What about the gravel crew - they have to understand the pacenotes?

Now my question: Who know the special pacenote system of Mikkelsen? How does it look like? What is so special about it?

Now is published: An irish codriver will guide Mikkelsen thru the Rally of Australia.
So i mean: The pacenotesystem cannot be so strange.

Who knows more?
Greetings from Germany...2nd-driver

tommeke_B
29th August 2013, 17:29
Mikkelsen is driving with English pacenotes since he worked with Markkula. Most pacenote systems are quite easy to understand (at least for the people who know something about it), so that should not be a big issue. Many use similar systems with own "touches" and some variations. I think there was some "pacenote-topic" here a few years ago, maybe someone knows??? :)

Hartusvuori
29th August 2013, 17:54
Remember that Markkula's back pain was diagnosed while the recce was on. That gave no time to make any replacements. Had it been diagnosed right after Finland, situation for Germany would've been completely different.