PDA

View Full Version : Kimi at Ferrari

Eau Rouge
20th August 2013, 17:05
Hi all. Just joined as the season is back from holidays and been reading for a few weeks and interested to join in.

Want to start about asking opinions on Kimi's possible move to Ferrari.

(cant add a link due to being a new boy)

Personally I think its better to go with another option. Kimi is great but hes had his time there. At Lotus he was under no real pressure so has driven amazingly and is still doing a great job. Not to say he wouldnt if he was under pressure.
The pressures (i think) are totally different at Ferrari and expectations are high. Hes a cool customer but how will he fair against Alonso as number 1? Be great to see but probably better to try a young gun.

Also how many drivers have returned to an old team and done well? Not many I think? Sure a lot of Kimi fans will disagree but interested in opinions.

pino
20th August 2013, 17:20
Actually I believe most of Kimi fans would agree with you. Me as tifoso, would love to have him back at Ferrari, but won't happen ;)

Btw welcome to the forums :wave:

Eau Rouge
20th August 2013, 17:46
Thanks Pino.

I do think however its best to remove Massa. I think its not good for a team to have someone for as long as he has been there. They need to take a chance on an up and coming star. Also Massa is a good driver but not that great. Ok he almost won the WDC but didnt. He would actually do ok at Lotus!!!

Parabolica
20th August 2013, 19:13
This Tifoso does not wish to see Raikkonen at the Scuderia again.

He does not have a Ferrari style soul.

Eau Rouge
20th August 2013, 21:20

He does not have a Ferrari style soul.

Ferrari need good drivers. If he wins (or she, the wolfe lady) the tifosi will be happy. No matter if they have 'Ferrari Soul' or not. But i do agree about Kimi not being welcome but im sure if he started winning they would all love him. Maybe more this time round.

tfp
20th August 2013, 23:43
The way Ferrari have performed so far this season it would probably beneficial for him to stay with lotus. Why is there loads of stuff in the media about him moving, as if it HAS to happen?

he seems pretty happy at lotus and the car is Improving (just waiting for grosjeans first win to confirm this )

i can't see any reason for him to move. Personally I'd rather see di resta or the hulk in massa's seat. Massa should be picked up maybe by cater ham or marussia, I'd expect he can pass on some good knowledge and perhaps even get them a points finish.

Koz
21st August 2013, 07:03
i can't see any reason for him to move. Personally I'd rather see di resta or the hulk in massa's seat. Massa should be picked up maybe by cater ham or marussia, I'd expect he can pass on some good knowledge and perhaps even get them a points finish.
Yea, the Lotus has been a decent car for two years now. Very close, if not on par with the Ferrari, but at the end of the day if he was really racing for 5 million last year it is only a fifth of what Ferrari paid him NOT to race for a year. This is probably the biggest factor for a move.

If Massa loses his seat at Ferrari his F1 career is over. A driver will not get any of the new teams into the points, let's not start on that fantasy.

Mark
21st August 2013, 10:52
It's strange really how his WDC at Ferrari went under the radar so much. As he wasn't really lauded for being WDC, mostly because Hamilton and McLaren threw it away rather than Kimi winning it. But I still think he doesn't get the credit he deserves.

airshifter
21st August 2013, 11:18
I'm thinking Kimi is one of the few drivers that Alonso wouldn't rattle. But to be honest I'd rather see him stay at Lotus. His Facebook page has been hinting that he has interest in going back to Ferrari.

I don't think Ferrari deserve to have Kimi back. They are unhappy with anyone that doesn't praise a car, even if the car isn't where it should be. They should change their ways, and focus on a car that the drivers would always be happy with and more importantly, always be competitive in.

I was hoping Felipe could pull it together finally this year, but it hasn't happened. Sadly I think his days in F1 are over. Another driver that will not be noticed much in retirement partly due to never really being able to compete at his highest level.

Rudy Tamasz
21st August 2013, 15:19
Another driver that will not be noticed much in retirement partly due to never really being able to compete at his highest level.

He came within an inch from becoming a WDC. If that's not competitiveness at the highest level, I don't know what it is.

Never been a fan of his, BTW, just for the sake of fairness.

pantealex
21st August 2013, 15:52
Lotus has no money. They haven´t pay his salory, that is the main reason why Kimi is leaving.
Would you continue working if 60% of your money is missing ?

Firstgear
21st August 2013, 16:29
If money is Kimi's only concern at Lotus, he should stay there. He has enough money, his happiness is more important. He should approach Lotus and ask for a percentage ownership of the team instead of the millions he is owed. I believe that this is what the NHL's Mario Lemieux and the Pittsburg Penguins did years ago in troubled times.

Eau Rouge
21st August 2013, 16:30
What with the big rule change next year better to stay put for Kimi. But suppose if your not getting paid its another story...

TMorel
21st August 2013, 19:28
I think no matter how much is already in the bank, being paid what you are owed is also about pride and respect, I don't think anyone could really begrudge Kimi wanting out if they are not paying him. I do like firstgears suggestion tho, Team Kimi :)

Eau Rouge
21st August 2013, 19:55
If money is Kimi's only concern at Lotus, he should stay there. He has enough money, his happiness is more important. He should approach Lotus and ask for a percentage ownership of the team instead of the millions he is owed. I believe that this is what the NHL's Mario Lemieux and the Pittsburg Penguins did years ago in troubled times.

Disagree!!!! He has enough money?? How do you know? Also these guys are risking their lives. A percentage maybe but saying he has enough money is rubbish. Maybe Nadal should play for free too? He's rich

Mia 01
21st August 2013, 20:36
For sure Ferrari needs Kimi but he doesn´t need them as I belive. And Alonso, he dosen´t need Kimi. Personally I would be glad if he choose to drive for them next year but then there is the engine matter and their poor windtunnel.

Parabolica
21st August 2013, 21:18
Why do Ferrari need him?

What is different from 2009?

webberf1
21st August 2013, 21:24
Lol, wtf is with all the constant Ferrari rumours. Newsflash guys: it's not going to happen.

Firstgear
21st August 2013, 21:38
Disagree!!!! He has enough money?? How do you know? Also these guys are risking their lives. A percentage maybe but saying he has enough money is rubbish. Maybe Nadal should play for free too? He's richI don't know. I just assume that he's not stupid enough to have spent all he has earned. From where I assume he's at financially, he should be more concerned about happiness than the accumulation of more money. He seems happy at Lotus. He didn't seem happy in his last year or so at Ferrari. Also, I didn't say he should drive for free. I was trying to say that he should find a way to stay at Lotus that is acceptable to both parties involved, giving the Mario scenario as an example. What does "risking his life" have to do with anything? Fire fighters, farmers and pan handlers (among others) all risk their lives at their chosen occupation. I don't understand how it enters the equation.

airshifter
22nd August 2013, 04:20
He came within an inch from becoming a WDC. If that's not competitiveness at the highest level, I don't know what it is.

Never been a fan of his, BTW, just for the sake of fairness.

In better times Felipe had great days. I was speaking of his recent past, and with Alonso on the team he would always be the number two driver. Given that same circumstance, I don't think the team/Alonso would support Felipe and let him take that chance at the title.

And to think, the person that really snatched that title from him was Vettel.

Ranger
22nd August 2013, 05:08
Why do Ferrari need him?

What is different from 2009?

Indeed, he was in less than inspiring form last time he was at Ferrari.

Given that they already have Alonso, if I was Ferrari I would sign Hulkenberg and save about $20 million a year.

zako85
22nd August 2013, 08:16
By the way, Ferrari certainly has a backup plan just in case of Raikkonen does not sign up. Keeping Massa for another year could be an option, but I suspect it's their option of last resort. Who else are they talking to? Hulkenberg, Kobayashi, or maybe Villeneuve?

Ranger
22nd August 2013, 14:16
Who else are they talking to? ...Villeneuve?

Well... maybe they like to talk about the football scores on the weekend?

longisland
22nd August 2013, 14:50
IMHO, even though salary may not be the reason for a driver like Kimi but that doesn't mean he will put up with defaults from the team assuming there is any truth to it. As for Lotus' financial standing, I'm sure Kimi & Co would have a pretty good idea what's happening. Kimi will leave if the team's finance is not secured even if they can pay him becuse it means they won't have enough cash for the development of the remaining season & the new season. The best possible scenario will be Kimi heading to Mclaren & Button to Ferrari. Red Bull will only seriously consider Kimi if they lose the constructor championship this season.

Mark
22nd August 2013, 15:16
Don't know if the salary thing has any basis, but it's commendable that Kimi is continuing to drive for Lotus at all if that's the case. While the honourable thing is to see out the season, he would be a fool if he continued working for someone who doesn't pay him what he's owed.

555-04Q2
22nd August 2013, 15:46
Don't know if the salary thing has any basis, but it's commendable that Kimi is continuing to drive for Lotus at all if that's the case. While the honourable thing is to see out the season, he would be a fool if he continued working for someone who doesn't pay him what he's owed.

I'd drive one of those cars for free and pay my own air tickets and hotel fees to each race if needed! :D

truefan72
22nd August 2013, 16:15
I'd drive one of those cars for free and pay my own air tickets and hotel fees to each race if needed! :D

and IO do think kimi is not struggling for money
so, if he stays, its because he likes the situation and feels comfortable with the car and its progress

Id he goes, he will then certainly ask for a salary commiserate to his level
At lotus, he is enjoying the proverbial "home town discount"
And who knows how the season goes, he might actually win the championship, or finish a strong 2nd
which all bode well for his future at Lotus

I believe, the only team he will move to would be Ferrari, as they are realistically the only ones who have the slot and the money to pay him his open market rate

GravettFan99
23rd August 2013, 01:58
I believe he will stay at Lotus. He likes the relaxed and laid-back atmosphere at Lotus, and has no pressure from anyone there. He's been consistent, always performs, the team's got his back, so I'm sure he's not going back to Ferrari. His time there was and is done. I honestly think that he's staying at Lotus next season. :)

Kimi1111
23rd August 2013, 03:31
Kimi came back for 1 major reason. To win a championship the 'right way' not by 1 point. He will never accomplish that under Lotus. Now that RB is back in the running delaying their original choice me thinks they (Dr Hemet) is re-evaluating the possibility of changing his mind about Kimi. Horner and Seb want him so it would only be logical to bring him on board before Scuderia does.

23rd August 2013, 04:22
?ng h? bác [/url]--bán d?t--------------

steveaki13
23rd August 2013, 20:32
I cant see it. I mean Ferrari is all wrapped up in Ferrari. I dont honestly see Kimi being interested in all out Ferrari business again.

I think Lotus is a better fit.

Eau Rouge
23rd August 2013, 22:48
I cant see it. I mean Ferrari is all wrapped up in Ferrari. I dont honestly see Kimi being interested in all out Ferrari business again.

I think Lotus is a better fit.

couldnt agree more!!! I could try but waste of time!

Roamy
23rd August 2013, 23:40
i think button goes to ferrari then mclaren and red bull sort out kimi

Robinho
24th August 2013, 01:23
Stranger things have happened before

Garry Walker
25th August 2013, 19:26

He does not have a Ferrari style soul. Yeah, he is honest and doesn't do politics, so he won't suit well there indeed.

Indeed, he was in less than inspiring form last time he was at Ferrari.
Why was that? Only because Ferrari people were idiots and didn't listen to him and based the team around Massa for various reasons. Once Massa was injured KR was much better only because Ferrari finally listened to him.

ioan
25th August 2013, 20:21
Why was that? Only because Ferrari people were idiots and didn't listen to him ...

Because Kimi actually talks?! :rotflmao:

gabryere
25th August 2013, 22:16
I hope to be back in the ferrari :)

N. Jones
26th August 2013, 02:44
Man, I just can't see this happening. Kimi is so nonchalant about everything and he is so talented that I can never see him as being a #2 behind Vettel or Alonso.

kfzmeister
26th August 2013, 05:32
Read today that Ricciardo was mentioned by Webber as replacement and James Allen hinted that it seemed "for shure" that Ferrari would retain Massa for another year.

airshifter
26th August 2013, 06:18
Just food for thought... from Kimi's Facebook page after the race today....

#Raikkonen (https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/raikkonen): Lotus Ferrari Mclaren Red Bull wants me

Mia 01
28th August 2013, 11:37
Just food for thought... from Kimi's Facebook page after the race today....

#Raikkonen (https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/raikkonen): Lotus Ferrari Mclaren Red Bull wants me

Sure. The question is on what terms they want him on. I´m a bit worried about Kimi lately.

Malbec
28th August 2013, 17:34
Given that they already have Alonso,

Surely Ferrari are tapping Kimi up in case they don't have Alonso next year or for 2015?

555-04Q2
28th August 2013, 18:07
Doubt that very much. Kimi was far too relaxed for the Ferrari top brass. It's Renault or Red Bull as far as I'm concerned.

anfield5
28th August 2013, 20:49
Not being a huge fan of Kimi (fan of his abilities, not his persona) I don't really mind where he ends up. My best guess, judging from reading and listening to many stories and rumors etc, is that he will stay at Renault more than likely alongside Grosjean.

Lisa Statham
31st August 2013, 14:56
I don't think he'll move to Ferrari. I was discussing it with my dad the other day, if he goes over to Red Bull theres a huge chance he'll be second to Vettel (for obvious reasons.) I don't think Kimi is the type of driver who would like to be put second. He's a good fit with Lotus at the moment.

Big Ben
4th September 2013, 10:00
I've been thinking again... even though I do my best to avoid it...and I wonder why isn't McLaren trying to sign Kimi. I don't know if it is a good move for the Finn but McLaren's lineup seems to be the weakest of the top teams.