PDA

View Full Version : Donks of the Race - Hungary

steveaki13
28th July 2013, 15:06
Not many today. Stewards for some muddled decisions.

N4D13
28th July 2013, 15:09
Anyone responsible for the only DNFs we had. Drivers did quite a good job today.

I'd still like to mention Grosjean, though - really great pace and everything but made two wrongly judged passes. The second one earned him a penalty and the first one could mean a grid drop or, at the very least, a reprimand from the stewards. He was brilliant most of the race, as he usually is, but he can't stop having these really poor moments race after race.

Koz
28th July 2013, 15:11
Stewards.

Vettel for whining at the end.

Garry Walker
28th July 2013, 15:13
Crybaby for bitching over his radio.

Stewards for giving Grosjean a stupid penalty.

Koz
28th July 2013, 15:14
I'll add Vettel's race engineer, too.

ShiftingGears
28th July 2013, 15:18
I'll add Vettel's race engineer, too.

For the Charlie comment? I thought it was a pretty good way of managing Vettel's temperament/ego, to be honest.

Koz
28th July 2013, 15:20
For the Charlie comment? I thought it was a pretty good way of managing Vettel's temperament/ego, to be honest.

Unless he was serious...

vhatever
28th July 2013, 15:22
Stewards.

Vettel for whining at the end.

What about? I didn't hear it? Buttons blatant cheating bull**** or kimi's borderline cheating bull****? both?

A FONDO
28th July 2013, 15:23
Rosberg for being nowhere all weekend
the indians for ruining Sutil's race ONCE AGAIN
the stewards for Grojan's penalty
Vettel for whining like a baby

Brown, Jon Brow
28th July 2013, 15:33
What about? I didn't hear it? Buttons blatant cheating bull**** or kimi's borderline cheating bull****? both?

That 'cheating' is what intelligent people call racing.

ShiftingGears
28th July 2013, 15:34
Unless he was serious...

I'm sure they would've looked into it until it was apparent that it was clearly not worth investigating. My point is that it would've been the right thing to say to Vettel regardless of what RBR actually decided to do.

Anyway, no particular donkeys, although that was an extremely rough penalty on Grosjean, and I did not like it. It was a great move, unfortunately Grosjean continually gives the stewards opportunities to penalise him.

vhatever
28th July 2013, 15:38

Button blatnatly violated the rules. That's not "smart". It's typical FIA bull**** to cover it up, though. if button had done that to hammy it would have been a completely different decision, however.

Brown, Jon Brow
28th July 2013, 15:43
Button blatnatly violated the rules. That's not "smart". It's typical FIA bull**** to cover it up, though. if button had done that to hammy it would have been a completely different decision, however.

Vettel drove into the back of him. Button drove a good race.

Brown, Jon Brow
28th July 2013, 15:45
The biggest donkeys were the Caterham drivers. Move over when there is a blue flag FFS!

vhatever
28th July 2013, 15:56
Vettel drove into the back of him. Button drove a good race.

I'm sure you think he did because he let hamilton pass him without even bothering to try to cover him at all, while ruining Vettel's race. I'm sure that's all it takes to qualify for a good drive in your world, the actual rules be damned.

Brown, Jon Brow
28th July 2013, 15:59
I'm sure you think he did because he let hamilton pass him without even bothering to try to cover him at all, while ruining Vettel's race. I'm sure that's all it takes to qualify for a good drive in your world, the actual rules be damned.

Button tried to go around Hamilton at turn two so I really doubt he let him through. It's more a case of Vettel not being able to overtake again. And that's either because RedBull set the car up for ultimate lap pace instead of straight-line speed or because Vettel can't pass.

vhatever
28th July 2013, 16:02
Button tried to go around Hamilton at turn two so I really doubt he let him through. It's more a case of Vettel not being able to overtake again. And that's either because RedBull set the car up for ultimate lap pace instead of straight-line speed or because Vettel can't pass.

They didn't even show it on British broadcast. Why do you think they didn't show it? it was more timid than your average back marker yielding.

Why do you think they didn't show a replay of Button's blocking and resultant race incident on vettel?

Brown, Jon Brow
28th July 2013, 16:04
They didn't even show it on British broadcast. Why do you think they didn't show it? it was more timid than your average back marker yielding.

Why do you think they didn't show a replay of Button's blocking and resultant race incident on vettel?

Yes they did. Sky Sports showed a replay of both incidents. The FOM world feed didn't show them but Sky Sports did.

vhatever
28th July 2013, 16:16
Yes they did. Sky Sports showed a replay of both incidents. The FOM world feed didn't show them but Sky Sports did.

No, they did not. Maybe after the race. I didn't watch. Never happened during the race, your bogus claims not withstanding.

A FONDO
28th July 2013, 16:18
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/q71/s720x720/561787_10151546875216659_1262374243_n.jpg

:laugh:

Brown, Jon Brow
28th July 2013, 16:18
No, they did not. Maybe after the race. I didn't watch. Never happened during the race, your bogus claims not withstanding.

They most certainly did. 100% during the race. You must have been in your alternative reality.

vhatever
28th July 2013, 16:19
They most certainly did. 100% during the race. You must have been in your alternative reality.

What is the point in blatantly lying about it? I guess the answers to the questions i posed to you are too painful for you to come up with an hhonest response to, so just lie about everything?

Brown, Jon Brow
28th July 2013, 16:22
What is the point in blatantly lying about it? I guess the answers to the questions i posed to you are too painful for you to come up with an hhonest response to, so just lie about everything?

Where did you watch the race? On Sky Sports F1 in the UK they left the world feed to show an on-board replay of Hamilton passing Button and then Button trying to re-pass him.

vhatever
28th July 2013, 16:25

Where did you watch the race? On Sky Sports F1 in the UK they left the world feed to show an on-board replay of Hamilton passing Button and then Button trying to re-pass him.

I was watching sky sports feed, and at no point did they show the Hamilton passing Button. And they never showed a replay of the wing damaging incident in button/vettel.

i know you think this forum is full of brits who will lie through their teeth for you, but seriously get a grip man.

Brown, Jon Brow
28th July 2013, 16:27
I was watching sky sports feed, and at no point did they show the Hamilton passing Button. And they never showed a replay of the wing damaging incident in button/vettel.

i know you think this forum is full of brits who will lie through their teeth for you, but seriously get a grip man.

I didn't see a replay of Vettel crashing into Button but that was shown live. But they really did show a replay of Hamilton on Button so just admit you either had a different feed or missed it.

I'd really appreciate it if you didn't accuse me of being a liar.

Ari33
28th July 2013, 16:33

You must have missed it. He isn't lying and no grip getting is required, they didn't show it (Hamilton-button pass) live but did show a replay.

vhatever
28th July 2013, 16:35
I didn't see a replay of Vettel crashing into Button but that was shown live. But they really did show a replay of Hamilton on Button so just admit you either had a different feed or missed it.

I'd really appreciate it if you didn't accuse me of being a liar.

Well, if you don't want to have your lies pointed out to you, stop making them. your own words:

Lie.

vhatever
28th July 2013, 16:37
You must have missed it. He isn't lying and no grip getting is required, they didn't show it (Hamilton-button pass) live but did show a replay.

I missed maybe 1 minute of the race to get something to drink and that was at least 15 minutes after both the incidents in question. Not buying it.

Brown, Jon Brow
28th July 2013, 16:41

Well, if you don't want to your lies to be pointed out to you, stop making them. your own words:

I never claimed that they showed a replay of Vettel and Button during the race. They have done afterwards, but we weren't discussing if it was shown during the race back then.

Button versus Hamilton was show about 10 laps after it had happened.

vhatever
28th July 2013, 16:45
I never claimed that they showed a replay of Vettel and Button during the race. They have done afterwards, but we weren't discussing if it was shown during the race back then.

Button versus Hamilton was show about 10 laps after it had happened.

Why would they show it 10 laps after it happened? They never do that unless it's a penalty involving incident. What a tangled web you weave.

Brown, Jon Brow
28th July 2013, 16:50
Why would they show it 10 laps after it happened? They never do that unless it's a penalty involving incident. What a tangled web you weave.

Ask the director not me. Sky Sports probably decided to cut away from the footage to show it because the world-feed didn't show it. Why is this even relevant?

Tazio
28th July 2013, 16:53
:bigcry: Why don't you just give the boss some credit and move on. Are you that damn prejudiced against Afro/Anglo/Grenadian type bro drivers, because you are starting to sound like a broken record?

http://i.imgur.com/lUjNFdb.gif

vhatever
28th July 2013, 16:56
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/q71/s720x720/561787_10151546875216659_1262374243_n.jpg

I guess it only works for British and Spanish drivers?

longisland
28th July 2013, 16:56
Force India. They've been struggling since the tire compound change. Ferrari is falling behind RBR & Lotus. Button defended well with older tires.

vhatever
28th July 2013, 16:57
:bigcry: Why don't you just give the boss some credit and move on. Are you that damn prejudiced against Afro/Anglo/Grenadian type bro drivers, because you are starting to sound like a broken record?

Credit for what? winning in the best f1 car this season, with 7 out of 10 podiums, and with a journeyman teammate who has won twice as many races already in that same car?

Tazio
28th July 2013, 17:10
Credit for driving a fine race today without having to ad lame-ass caveats, generally trying to deminish a fine drive by The Boss! Why can't you let the members that this pleases enjoy it for a while instead of having to be the douchbag member of the F1 forum. You bum me out scro!

vhatever
28th July 2013, 17:32
You bum me out scro!

The truth is a bummer when your hero is a zero.

Whyzars
28th July 2013, 17:41
The biggest donkeys were the Caterham drivers. Move over when there is a blue flag FFS!

You're right on the mark. This track highlights the preformance differences because of the passing difficulties.

I think it might be time for teams that are on zero points at the half way point of the season to get some support.

Maybe adjustments to tyre rules for the race weekend or lifting of testing bans in second half of the season. Just a thought...

airshifter
28th July 2013, 19:45
The stewards for the penalty on RoGro. I find it hard to believe that all 4 tires made it off the track, at least not by any angle I've seen. Vettel for whining about Kimi not making it easy for him to pass. And the commentators on NBC for continually saying that Felipe got into Nico.... it seemed to me that Massa had nowhere to go and Nico moved into him. At the very worst, racing incident, but IMO Nico's fault.

wedge
28th July 2013, 20:09
Crybaby for bitching over his radio.

Stewards for giving Grosjean a stupid penalty.

Not sure if people paid attention to the podium interview but Seb replied that it was a "heat of the moment" remark which has to be commended for. Not many would admit to that, certainly not Senna who enjoyed bitching on Schumi.

RoGro needlessly barging/veering into Button cost him the podium, he technicaly broke the rules passing Massa and to cap it all is given a 20 second penalty that has no bearing on the final result as he was 21s ahead of Button. Perhaps the rules need re-thinking.

The Black Knight
28th July 2013, 20:39
Romain Grosjean for the Button incident is the donkey of the race. I know he didn't deserve a penalty for the Massa overtake but he did for what happened to Button. The boy got lucky for his post race penalty that was imposed. He has nothing to complain about and, to be honest, another spacial awareness incident, just suggest to me, yet again, that he should not be on the grid. He is a hazard and could end up killing someone.

truefan72
28th July 2013, 20:47
the marshals, plain and simple

for being overly harsh on grosjean
and turning a blind eye to everyone else for similar if not worse offenses

DexDexter
28th July 2013, 21:43
The stewards are the donkey for penalizing Grosjean. He is a marked man.

TheFamousEccles
29th July 2013, 01:03
Me, for falling asleep on the couch at about the half-way point of the race, only to wake at the closing credits :rolleyes:

However, bonus points for not spilling the glass of shiraz I was holding...

Jag_Warrior
29th July 2013, 06:38
Yeah, I'm also casting my vote for the stewards. The call on Grosjean was gutless. Ray Charles could have done better... and he's blind and dead!

It was also funny that Vettel admitted that Kimi just laughed at him when he whined that Kimi had taken him to the grass. If Vettel could speak Finnish he might have heard a "grow a pair and shut up" along with that laugh. I like Vettel. But he is a little b... brat sometimes.

webberf1
29th July 2013, 06:48

I totally respect your right to say whatever you want, but does the little troll really have to be validated by having his trolling replied to?

pino
29th July 2013, 07:19
I totally respect your right to say whatever you want, but does the little troll really have to be validated by having his trolling replied to?

How about you posting something about the race, instead of talking about trolls ? I believe I have told you before I am not comfortable with off-topic and personal comments...

Garry Walker
29th July 2013, 10:16
Not sure if people paid attention to the podium interview but Seb replied that it was a "heat of the moment" remark which has to be commended for. Not many would admit to that, certainly not Senna who enjoyed bitching on Schumi.
He was asked about it and everyone knew he had acted like a fool, what other excuse did he have?

The Black Knight
29th July 2013, 11:17
The stewards are the donkey for penalizing Grosjean. He is a marked man.

He deserved a penalty for the incident with Button. I like the guy but he has no spacial awareness whatsoever.

wedge
29th July 2013, 15:27
He was asked about it and everyone knew he had acted like a fool, what other excuse did he have?

Well, it's not an excuse.

Is it not human nature to make heat of the moment remarks and aren't drivers guilty of such actions?

When one admits to a heat of the moment remark is that not like admitting that one in hindsight made a foolish/regrettable comment? So is it not better to admit to being a fool than to remain as one? eg. cf. Schumi/Jerez/1997 thought that he did no wrong and became flustered because the world saw that he did.

Coulthard Fan
29th July 2013, 17:11
Kimi Riakkonen for not showing any emotion on the podium!

tfp
29th July 2013, 19:06
Force India for ruining another race for both their drivers.

zako85
30th July 2013, 00:11
Force India definitely will not beat McLaren to 5th position in WCC. They may have had a small advantage due to their car running nicer on early spec Pirelli tires, but the team and car failures have made way too many mistakes and did not capitalize on that advantage. Now McLaren is just a few points away and Force India already admitted that the new spec Pirelli tires will hurt them more.

P3ws
30th July 2013, 19:37
Kimi Riakkonen for not showing any emotion on the podium!

"- yeah, yeah, yeah, You donīt have to keep reminding me all the time."

Bezza
31st July 2013, 08:11
I missed maybe 1 minute of the race to get something to drink and that was at least 15 minutes after both the incidents in question. Not buying it.

vhatever...Jon Brown is correct, they DID show the replay on the Sky Sports F1 feed. I saw it myself. It was a good pass from Hamilton up the inside into Turn 1, caught Button napping, who then tried to recover round the outside into Turn 2 but Hamilton defended well.

You have an alterior motive here, please though - stop accusing somebody of lying when they clearly are telling the truth.

kfzmeister
31st July 2013, 18:28

I watched the same feed, and quite a while after it happened did they show the replay of Hamilton taking Button on the inside into turn 1. He used his DRS down the straight. Btw, i'm German :D

JayPeeDee
31st July 2013, 23:30
He deserved a penalty for the incident with Button. I like the guy but he has no spacial awareness whatsoever.

Surely though, Button already knows Grosjean has a history of making mistakes so why place himself at risk by continuing to fight the corner when he's a dead-cert to lose it? He could have backed out sooner TBH. Not that I'm saying Button's in any way at fault for the collision, merely that he increased the risk by 'playing the game'.

JayPeeDee
31st July 2013, 23:36
I watched the same feed, and quite a while after it happened did they show the replay of Hamilton taking Button on the inside into turn 1. He used his DRS down the straight. Btw, i'm German :D

Did anyone miss the footage of Vettel breezing past Button, the second time he passed him? All this hype about Jenson allowing Lewis to pass unheeded and holding Vettel up yet Seb pulled pretty much the same maneuver (as Hamilton) on lap 37...

truefan72
1st August 2013, 00:40
Did anyone miss the footage of Vettel breezing past Button, the second time he passed him? All this hype about Jenson allowing Lewis to pass unheeded and holding Vettel up yet Seb pulled pretty much the same maneuver (as Hamilton) on lap 37...

welcome to the forum
2 solid post to kick things off :up:

The Black Knight
1st August 2013, 09:57
Surely though, Button already knows Grosjean has a history of making mistakes so why place himself at risk by continuing to fight the corner when he's a dead-cert to lose it? He could have backed out sooner TBH. Not that I'm saying Button's in any way at fault for the collision, merely that he increased the risk by 'playing the game'.

Erm, there was plenty of room for Grosjean on the circuit. I think that even Jenson could not have been expected to account for what Grosjean did there and Jenson I would regard as one of the smarter drivers on the grid in that regard. To be honest, Grosjean had the position, all he had to do was take the corner. Jenson had already given it up. Jenson could have fought him more but he didn't. Grosjean's fault 100% and, really, as I said, I like Grosjean but I think that spacial awareness he's lack really makes him unfit to be a F1 driver by today's high standards.

Robinho
1st August 2013, 11:19
I'm not sure how you can back off when you are in a braking zone, you should be slowing as quickly as possible, so short of getting off the circuit JB really had no other option

Sent from North Korea using the dark network

Brown, Jon Brow
1st August 2013, 11:34
Grosjean seemed to be expecting Buttons car to vanish or drive off the track. Jenson is probably regarded as being the fairest driver to race against by F1 drivers.