PDA

View Full Version : Tony George kills pressdog..the luster is gone from Indycar racing

bugeyedgomer
15th July 2013, 18:12
Cue the Circus Music ... One Last Time

I was standing in the middle of the Hy-Vee grocery store near pressdog WORLD headquarters tonight when I thought ..."Geez, I still have to do race notes" and then sighed a sigh that's usually connected with having to get your tires rotated or keeping a dental appointment or spending a weekend with your politically opposite relatives.

And it shocked me ... but not really. Because I knew, standing there by the asparagus, the notes were fini.

When I founded this blog in May 2005 I said "I'll do it as long as it remains fun."

For reasons that have much more to do more with changes in me than in IndyCar -- reasons that would be completely self-indulgent to get into here -- I've reached the point where race notes are more drudgery than delight.

For about a year or so now, cranking out the notes hasn't been noticeably fun and has burned a lot of creative fuel that I could and should have put into my day job.

pressdog.com: Cue the Circus Music ... One Last Time (http://pressdog.typepad.com/dogblog/2013/07/cue-the-circus-music-one-last-time.html)

Jag_Warrior
15th July 2013, 18:23
That's sad to hear. Well, will the last person out the door please shot off the lights?

bugeyedgomer
15th July 2013, 18:26
know the feeling p-dog and share it but sure will miss those hyperactive circus clowns

Posted by: Anne P

Any of you know who Anne P might be? I think I do

bugeyedgomer
15th July 2013, 18:32
paddocktalk.com closed its forems and stopped tweeting about TOney's disaster over two years ago

Mekola
17th July 2013, 21:23
Sad news.

djarumdudley
23rd July 2013, 17:30
Really is, pressdog was one of the last places to get a positive a slant on Indycar.