PDA

View Full Version : Next year's Calendar(for 2014 and when the time comes 2015)

Eli
5th July 2013, 14:26
any guesses anyone?

Franky
5th July 2013, 15:38
Take it easy now. You started that topic already in another thread.

If there is news, then people post it in the News and Rumours thread. And at the moment there's nothing else to do with this subject than wait for the official news from FIA.

Eli
5th July 2013, 15:54
ok then, how do i delete this one?

BleAivano
27th September 2013, 16:25
official now. from becs twitter.

https://twitter.com/Becsywecsy/status/3 ... 2288274433 (https://twitter.com/Becsywecsy/status/383597532288274433)

A FONDO
27th September 2013, 17:01
so what was rumoured is what has happened.

kinda boring :D

sindroms
27th September 2013, 17:04

https://twitter.com/Becsywecsy/status/3 ... 2288274433 (https://twitter.com/Becsywecsy/status/383597532288274433)

What does mean remark "multi-country event" regarding to Poland event?

br21
27th September 2013, 17:16
Rumors say that one leg of Rally Poland may be held in Lithuania.

Mintexmemory
27th September 2013, 17:18

What does mean remark "multi-country event" regarding to Poland event?

I haven't seen the tweet (blocked at work) but "multi-country event" means the whole of the rally won't be in Poland, Like the Swedish rally has Norwegian stages. Czech Republic or Ukraine? Anyone got a clue?

Mintexmemory
27th September 2013, 17:20
Thanks but will the rally be based in the Lakes as last time in WRC? If so Lithuania makes sense.

sindroms
27th September 2013, 17:30
Thanks but will the rally be based in the Lakes as last time in WRC? If so Lithuania makes sense.

Julian Porter ?@The_Rally_Guru
So next years WRC Rally Poland will spend a day in Lithuania also.

Eli
27th September 2013, 18:09
so we'll wait for the 2015 calendar to be more intresting and prehaps more events from the past back...

BleAivano
27th September 2013, 18:15
Why can't they have Argentina and Mexico after each other rather then putting Portugal
in between them? If you have first Mexico then you could have Argentina two weeks later
which means that teams that ship all of the cars and equipment directly to Argentina.

Bow they have to ship it to Mexico then back to Europe then back again to Americas then for
the fourth time ship all the equipment across the Atlantic.

For example Mexico at March 9th, Argentina at March 23rd, Portugal April 27th
then the rest of the rallies as listed.

makinen_fan
27th September 2013, 18:38
Are you sure the equipment comes back to Europe after Mexico? I don't think so

tommeke_B
27th September 2013, 19:24
Most of it comes back to Europe yes. I think only the recce cars don't come back (seperate recce cars for the 3 events out of Europe).

stefanvv
27th September 2013, 19:59
Are you sure the equipment comes back to Europe after Mexico? I don't think so
VW this year didn't at least (well most of the equipment anyway, the service I think).

AndyRAC
27th September 2013, 20:46
As we expected really. Not particularly exciting, still far too many dry, dusty events back to back. Another 1 or 2 Tarmac events are needed for a true World Championship.

To think, 10-15 years ago there would be no NZ, Acropolis, Safari, Sanremo or Corsica............ And we wonder why the sport struggles..... It's not rocket science.

br21
27th September 2013, 20:50

Yes, the HQ will be again located in Mikolajki. Around 150 kms from there to Lithuanian border but of course with shitty roads. But then also some more kms to some nice Lithuanian stages.

A FONDO
27th September 2013, 20:57
As we expected really. Not particularly exciting, still far too many dry, dusty events back to back. Another 1 or 2 Tarmac events are needed for a true World Championship.
I agree very much.

To think, 10-15 years ago there would be no NZ, Acropolis, Safari, Sanremo or Corsica............ And we wonder why the sport struggles..... It's not rocket science.
Come on, do you really think the sport is dying because of the places? It is because FIA is greedy and corrupted by manufacturers and hardware suppliers so we cant see proper drama among many drivers.

makinen_fan
27th September 2013, 22:03
VW this year didn't at least (well most of the equipment anyway, the service I think).

Still according to their published article on logistics, a lot of equipment is shipped in containers from Germany to Mexico then Argentina and finally Australia. It wouldn't be possible to ship it from Mexico to Argentina in two weeks as the original post I answered suggested. Also bare in mind that all these stuff have to clear customs and travel to ports via road, which will certainly take more than a week to disassemble everything in Mexico and built it up again in Argentina.

Kielder
27th September 2013, 23:59
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BVMl4mECAAA-qxE.jpg:large

Rallyper
12th August 2014, 12:10
So what news is there to say about 2015 calendar? When Will it be decided?

Franky
12th August 2014, 12:44
So what news is there to say about 2015 calendar? When Will it be decided?

Based on the Ciesla interview in the Motorsport Monday, no big changes but no concrete information either. Have to wait for the WMSC which is on the 11th September.

Eli
12th August 2014, 12:57
so again no greece, no corsica, no nothing?, great just great.

rallyfiend
12th August 2014, 13:00
Apparently there's a chance Greece won't be on ERC calender either next year.

The same problem for WRC occurred with ERC this year....

A little bit of stability for a couple of years wouldn't hurt the WRC. Give the event organisers some kind of future to build and grow after a couple of years of unknown.

stefanvv
12th August 2014, 13:54
I really miss Corsica & San Remo, hope they'll be back soon.

Eli
12th August 2014, 15:15
I really miss Corsica & San Remo, hope they'll be back soon.

hope so too, also miss Japan & Cyprus

Franky
12th August 2014, 19:37
hope so too, also miss Japan & Cyprus

Do you miss every country that has hosted a WRC event?

Juha_Koo
12th August 2014, 20:52
How can one miss Japan? Maybe back in circa 2007 it was a nice gravel rally but the latest editions, using same sections always being terribly rutted... No sense...

Eli
12th August 2014, 21:06
Do you miss every country that has hosted a WRC event?

nope only these raliies:)

amilk
12th August 2014, 21:29
Acropolis missing realy , a rally with caracter even the latest editions
Hope they bring back

Eli
12th August 2014, 21:42
Hope they bring back

well you heard what they said, they even dropped it from the ERC,Greece is in a really bad situation.

N.O.T
12th August 2014, 22:40
so Eli you do not miss safari ?

N.O.T
13th August 2014, 01:48
Hope they bring back

this picture is from one of the Olympic pools which was built for the Olympic games back in 2004...

http://i.imgur.com/6taLr0O.jpg

You honestly believe that this joke of a country with jokes with ears for citizens deserve a WRC round just because it is a classic ? Let them rot... they deserve nothing.

sollitt
13th August 2014, 04:14
Good for you N.O.T.
However I recall that some years ago I was in Beijing on business. The place was in a dreadful state. Hotels, departments stores and cafes were all filthy and the service dreadful.
When I left the city I had a four hour wait for my flight so I wandered outside the airport terminal to find somewhere to relax in the sun.
There was a large decorative garden (perhaps 3 or 4 acres) at the entrance. The grass was at least waist high. The gardens were overgrown or dead and in the middle was a pool about the size of the one in your picture with a fountain in the middle. Rather than being full of water with flowing display there was only rubbish, weeds and the odd dead rat.
It occurred to me at the time that there were a billion of these people. Couldn't they find one or two to tidy this mess up?

And some people believe China deserves a WRC round?

makinen_fan
13th August 2014, 09:17
And some people believe China deserves a WRC round?

The difference is China have money to pay for a WRC round, but Greece does not. I want Acropolis to be back in the WRC as well, but unfortunately money talks not history and heritage

Rallyper
13th August 2014, 09:25
Maybe China should use money to tidy up first?

rallyfiend
13th August 2014, 10:50
Maybe China should use money to tidy up first?

I'd be willing to take a huge bet there's a lot more incidents of 'swimming pools' in Greece, than there are of 'ornamental gardens' in China.

Having visited the Olympic Village when spectating at Acropolis 2008 service park, I can TOTALLY believe that....

Eli
13th August 2014, 11:38
so Eli you do not miss safari ?

thankx for reminding me that one, i knew i forgot something

amilk
13th August 2014, 15:13
this picture is from one of the Olympic pools which was built for the Olympic games back in 2004...

http://i.imgur.com/6taLr0O.jpg

You honestly believe that this joke of a country with jokes with ears for citizens deserve a WRC round just because it is a classic ? Let them rot... they deserve nothing.

Yeah old story about organiser, promoter, FIA, money.. we discussed many times here but don't mix the things. I just poorly see the rally itself which is a good one (was 10 times there since mid 90's) and promote the sport on a better way than some other rounds. Also like the peoples and the country. Of course you see more the big picture as insider...

Anyway - you was able to manage to come out to find a maybe better life in England. Now you turn back and spit to them...... (luckily my english not good enough to explain my thoughts about this)

N.O.T
13th August 2014, 15:28
Anyway - you was able to manage to come out to find a maybe better life in England. Now you turn back and spit to them...... (luckily my english not good enough to explain my thoughts about this)

I was always spitting on them and always will no matter where i am... nothing good came out this country and nothing will.

N.O.T
13th August 2014, 15:31
Yeah old story about organiser, promoter, FIA, money.. we discussed many times here but don't mix the things. I just poorly see the rally itself which is a good one (was 10 times there since mid 90's) and promote the sport on a better way than some other rounds. Also like the peoples and the country. Of course you see more the big picture as insider...

Acropolis was successful all these years for the wrong reasons... to put it lightly.

Now that the Europeans woke up and realised the nature of the people living in there the situation changed... and naturally the rally as well.

macebig
14th August 2014, 22:09
Oh come on now.Europeans ans especially FIA are no angels.Everything happens for money and as Greece lacks the funds to pay a few millions to FIA Acropolis will be out.

GigiGalliNo1
15th August 2014, 03:05
I can tell you stories about Chinese rallies.... and no way, i mean NO way will a China round come to the WRC unless the FIA have an office and full team to organise it.

The Chinese rally championships doesn't have a calendar until a week before the first round, no set in dates for rallies... and the few men - i mean 4-5 men who organise the rallies in China, suck money out of the cities who host, sponsors etc and keep it for them selves... then the military who like to patrol the stages and won't let media or fans to spectator points.... ohhhh... don't get me started.

rallyfiend
15th August 2014, 12:53
Oh come on now.Europeans ans especially FIA are no angels.Everything happens for money and as Greece lacks the funds to pay a few millions to FIA Acropolis will be out.

So, an event that doesn't pay their bills to Eurosport, FIA, WRC Promoter etc should just be allowed to stay on the calendar?
Or get a special 'poor country' discount rate?

macebig
15th August 2014, 15:00
No nothing from that.Of course the bills should be paid.But losing quality events to events with more money will not help the sport.

Eli
29th August 2014, 22:20
http://sport360.com/article/rally/25034/al-attiyah-lobbies-bring-jordan-back-wrc-fold

EightGear
29th August 2014, 22:33
http://sport360.com/article/rally/25034/al-attiyah-lobbies-bring-jordan-back-wrc-fold
OT, but Loeb looks like 70 in that picture.

Doon
30th August 2014, 09:40
Not going to happen with the troubles in that area......well I hope not, and which round would they sacrafice? Jordan hardly pulls in crowds and definately is not a big car market target!!

Frostmourne
30th August 2014, 11:15
Well, I hope yes. In 2011 there were problems due to the ongoing conflict in Syria as the frigates supposed to dock there then they go to Jordan. I still see this is not an issue. They still can dock in Israel and come to Jordan.

I dont know why forum users complain about lack of spectators in Jordan Rally. Yes indeed, the numbers not like you see in Europe, so what? Are you afraid of the image that "oh no, not enough numbers of spectators are appearing in the video/pic footage, this will reflect bad on our beloved sport", well if FIA does not care about that, all they care about is the money.

If they care about their fans, at least they will give us something proper to watch, better coverage better service!!

That link about Al-Attayiah lobbying to get Jordan Rally back is somehow 2 weeks old, as I posted it in the news section, but it was written in arabic and in local newspapers, local newspaper also mentioned that they might move the rally from Dead Sea area to Aqaba south of Jordan, in Wadi Rum. Beside the link said Loeb won twice, well, Ogier won 2011 not Loeb.

Well, Jordan rally proved to be an exciting event in the 2008,2010 and 2011. 3 different drivers winning that event, alot of drama, and the record of 0.2 sec win margin.

Motorsportfun
30th August 2014, 18:26
But if the proposal of changing location from Amman to Aqaba will be approved, then the conflict area wont be so close. And in few km there are three borders for 4 countries! Big occasion for a multi-country event!

rallyfiend
1st September 2014, 02:55
But if the proposal of changing location from Amman to Aqaba will be approved, then the conflict area wont be so close. And in few km there are three borders for 4 countries! Big occasion for a multi-country event!

I think the days of multi-country events are over. Lithuania was a big disgrace and won't happen again, and I'd be surprised if Sweden continues with the Norway stages for much longer.

Motorsportfun
1st September 2014, 03:08
I think the days of multi-country events are over. Lithuania was a big disgrace and won't happen again, and I'd be surprised if Sweden continues with the Norway stages for much longer.

IMHO Jordan is different. Stages are purposely made-for-WRC (remember the Army building it around Amman?), so it would fit extremely well. Furthermore, Aqaba and Eilat are a new tourism destination, with lots of developements around the town-city. For example: Abu Dhabi's Al Maabar company is putting a $10 billion real estate investment there. And, after all, I don't think different local media would write any BS around it, if there's really nothing on the table.

We'll see how it develops in Jordan, Nasser is right in having a round in the region, IMHO it would also be a boost new sponsorships for the sport (i.e.: Abu Dhabi-Citroen team).

Eli
3rd September 2014, 12:35
http://www.rallye-magazin.de/rallyes/wm/nachrichten/news-detail/d/2014/09/03/wm-laeufe-unter-chef-beobachtung/index.html

Eli
10th September 2014, 22:05

KiwiWRCfan
12th September 2014, 13:24
FIA has issued 2015 Calendar. Same 13 events as 2014 but in slightly different order. 3 Events subject to promoters agreement

garais22
12th September 2014, 15:00
Poland together with Lithuania in 2015??

Eli
12th September 2014, 15:12
Poland together with Lithuania in 2015??

nahh they won't make the same mistake twice right?!!!

Jack4688`
13th September 2014, 10:07
Finally they've realised twinning Mexico and Argentina makes sense instead of travelling from Europe to North America to Europe to South America then back to Europe! Now they just need to bring back New Zealand in an August date before the crews head to Australia

rallyfiend
13th September 2014, 12:08
Finally they've realised twinning Mexico and Argentina makes sense instead of travelling from Europe to North America to Europe to South America then back to Europe! Now they just need to bring back New Zealand in an August date before the crews head to Australia

It doesn't make any difference.

The cars always fly.

Whether they go one after the other or there's another event in Europe doesn't matter. They have second set of equipment (except cars) that go from one long haul event to another.

Adding NZ would just add another expensive set of airfares for all the staff and the cars.

J4MIE
16th September 2014, 13:53
Shame Jordan wasn't included, it's an event I would really like to go to :)

Eli
1st February 2015, 14:34
is there a plan for rally australia to come back to perth?

AndyRAC
1st February 2015, 15:46
I'm sure the WA government pulled their backing - so Perth couldn't continue. A shame, the current event isn't a patch on Perth. In fact, Rally NZ should be the round from down under.

This is what happens when regional assemblies/ tourist boards, etc back events; when they've had enough they drop their backing. I wish the sport could attract proper big money sponsors - then we wouldn't need the current backers.

Eli
26th February 2015, 12:08
http://www.maxrally.com/2015/02/26/wrc-ready-to-fulfil-far-eastern-promise
yeah i know the thread isn't updated, but for 2016 onwards asia might be back in the calendar

tommeke_B
26th February 2015, 12:15
That makes a comeback of NZ more unlikely... :(

Sulland
26th February 2015, 12:30
Is there no chance to get a round in North America ? (US or Canada)

They have embraced Rallycross, so maybe they are ready for The Original?
Huge potential for the sport if the US should take off!

Eli
26th February 2015, 13:36

why? they can always try and switch with australia, and to my opinion if australia isn't held in perth then the round should go to NZ

rallyfiend
26th February 2015, 14:17

From all the comments about NZ from WRC Promoter anyway, I don't think it was ever likely.