PDA

View Full Version : FGP Malaysian GP Results

N. Jones
9th April 2007, 19:29
http://www.profacil.net/FGP/

N. Jones
9th April 2007, 19:34
Where am I? Where else, near the bottom, tied for 67th! Damn you teejay!
It looks like the Robert Kubica Experiment has gone horribly wrong. If he is going to do anything he must beat Nick Heidfeld's Beard...

And c'mon Williams! Give Nico a reliable machine! I am putting my hopes on him!!

muskie
9th April 2007, 20:04
Tied for 6th place but the first 5 have already had their bonus GPs.

So far my main competition comes from Glass racing and My 2 Cents...Great minds think alike?

sonic_roadhog
9th April 2007, 20:59
Damn and blast, tied for 60th overall! If only Nico had got to the flag!

race aficionado
9th April 2007, 21:18
cool site.
thanks Mr. Jones. :)

race

:s mokin:

andreag
9th April 2007, 21:38
So far my main competition comes from Glass racing and My 2 Cents...Great minds think alike?
Well, the difference will come from which of the third drivers will be able to drive and score: de la Rosa, Piquet Jr. or Montagny.

N. Jones
9th April 2007, 21:45
That's if they drive!

Shifter
10th April 2007, 04:43
I'm kicking myself for taking Kovy instead of Hamilton. Gaah! They were the same price!

truefan72
10th April 2007, 09:20
tied overall for 36th,...I can live with that

BTW thans for the great looking website N. Jones :)

N. Jones
10th April 2007, 12:32
I have been thinking, would the ranks spread out a little if the points for engines went back to the old 10-6-4-3-2-1 system? There are only six engines mfg's in F1 and I wonder if that would be an easy, small way to separate the Hamilton/Kovalianen teams...

Thoughts??

Oh - you all can thank andreag for the wonderful website.

93VTEC
10th April 2007, 14:56
I'm kicking myself for taking Kovy instead of Hamilton. Gaah! They were the same price!

I am in the same boat. But I also picked HONDA!!! If they don't do something, I am doomed.

aryan
10th April 2007, 15:43
Thanks N. Jones & andreag.

A solid top 10 finish for me, now it would be wonderful if I could hold on to this position until the end.

Breeze
10th April 2007, 17:41
I have been thinking, would the ranks spread out a little if the points for engines went back to the old 10-6-4-3-2-1 system? There are only six engines mfg's in F1 and I wonder if that would be an easy, small way to separate the Hamilton/Kovalianen teams...

Thoughts??

Oh - you all can thank andreag for the wonderful website.
Well I'd be OK with that, but then I have Hamilton :D There is quite a logjam in the top half, but at this point mixing up the points between drivers will only push the HK teams down further.

Are you paying Pole Position points for driver, engine and chassis? Some change there could mix it up a tad.

BeansBeansBeans
10th April 2007, 18:01
I'm normally awful at this sort of thing, but thanks to Heidfeld and Hamilton I'm in 2nd place. I'm hoping for a strong top 10 finish.

ChickenMcNugget
10th April 2007, 18:16
Hmm... joint 23rd in the standings out of 80 teams. :\ Could be rather better. I'm within that posy of Ferrari-BMW Hamilton-Kubica outfits, and on Malaysian GP form it looks like I'll be actually going in reverse down the rankings for much of this season...

muskie
10th April 2007, 23:40
K-L racing scored more points then me last race with equal points scored for chassis and engine but K-L had Kovalainin for a driver and I had Hamilton.
K-l scored
10 for engine
06 for chassis
01 for Kov
17 total
CANDU scored
06 for engine
10 for chassis
08 for Hamilton
01 for fastest lap
25 total

The FGP results give K-L 28 pts and CANDU 27pts.

The other results look skewed as well, or am I wrong?

N. Jones
11th April 2007, 02:55
Got it - I fixed it and the "repairs" will be up soon....
Strange as this time I went through it super-s-l-o-w. I guess I will have to triple check my addition!

muskie
11th April 2007, 15:25
Checked the Oz results and many of them seem incorrect as well.

The Oz results
26 pts eXtreme f1 should be 24
25 pts Bez's Babes should be 24
24 pts CANDU 1 should be 25

I have not checked any scores lower then mine, why go looking for trouble?

N. Jones
11th April 2007, 15:59
I have Malaysia fixed. Just need to upload it.

What's this now about OZ??? Cripes.... :( :(

N. Jones
11th April 2007, 16:23
eXtreme F1 is correct - 10 for Raikkonen, 6 for Hamilton, 0 for Vettel, 1 for Super Aguri, 6 for BMW, 2 for Raikkonen's taking pole position, and 1 for Raikkonen setting the fastest lap of the race = 26.

Bez's Babes is correct - 10 for Raikkonen, 6 for Hamilton, 0 for Piquet Jr, 0 for Spyker, 6 for BMW, 2 for Raikkonen's taking pole position, 1 for Raikkonen's fastest lap of the race = 25.

Your team is correct - 6 for Hamilton, 0 for Davidson, 0 for Piquet Jr, 8 for McLaren, 10 for Ferrari = 24.

andreag
11th April 2007, 19:01
It's already updated, and the results are checked.

N. Jones
11th April 2007, 21:29
So muskie - are you done nitpicking your competitors now? :D

muskie
11th April 2007, 23:53
Sorry bout that I should not do math after midnight shifts.

muskie

muskie
11th April 2007, 23:58
eXtreme F1 is correct - 10 for Raikkonen, 6 for Hamilton, 0 for Vettel, 1 for Super Aguri, 6 for BMW, 2 for Raikkonen's taking pole position, and 1 for Raikkonen setting the fastest lap of the race = 26.

Bez's Babes is correct - 10 for Raikkonen, 6 for Hamilton, 0 for Piquet Jr, 0 for Spyker, 6 for BMW, 2 for Raikkonen's taking pole position, 1 for Raikkonen's fastest lap of the race = 25.

Your team is correct - 6 for Hamilton, 0 for Davidson, 0 for Piquet Jr, 8 for McLaren, 10 for Ferrari = 24.

Hey wait a minute BMW gets 5 points for 4th not 6 points,,,yes??
maybe midnights still.
muskie

andreag
12th April 2007, 00:40
I thought that, but after watching how N. Jones calculate, according to the rules, the points to chassis and engine are only applicable to the first of each. So this is what happen in Australia:

CHASSIS:

1.- Ferrari: 10 points.
2.- McLaren: 8 points.
3.- McLaren: nothing as points to this chassis were given.
4.- BMW: 6 points (as is the next, he receive 6 points; the second McLaren doesn't count).
5.- Renault: 5 points (same as with BMW).
6.- Ferrari: nothing, as points to this chassis were given.
7.- Williams: 4 points.
8.- Toyota: 3 points.
9.- Toyota: nothing as points to this chassis were given.
10.- Renault: nothing as points to this chassis were given.
11.- Honda: 2 points.
12.- Super Aguri: 1 point.

ENGINE:

2.- Mercedes: 8 points.
3.- Mercedes: nothing as points to this engine were given.
4.- BMW: 6 points (as is the next, he receive 6 points; the second Mercedes doesn't count).
5.- Renault: 5 points (same as with BMW).
6.- Ferrari: nothing as points to this engine were given.
7.- Toyota: 4 points (as Williams use Toyota engines).
8.- Toyota: nothing as points to this engine were given.
9.- Toyota: nothing as points to this engine were given.
10.- Renault: nothing as points to this engine were given.
11.- Honda: 3 points.
12.- Super Aguri: nothing as points to this engine (Honda) were given.
and so on, because there's no other engine with no points.

I thought it should be as muskie thinks:

CHASSIS:

2.- McLaren: 8 points.
3.- McLaren: nothing as points to the chassis were given.
4.- BMW: 5 points (as 5 are the points to the fourth place).
5.- Renault: 4 points (same as with BMW).
6.- Ferrari: nothing, as points to this chassis were given.
7.- Williams: 2 points.
8.- Toyota: 1 point.

ENGINE:

2.- Mercedes: 8 points.
3.- Mercedes: nothing as points to this engine were given.
4.- BMW: 5 points (as is the next, he receive 6 points; the second Mercedes doesn't count).
5.- Renault: 4 points (same as with BMW).
6.- Ferrari: nothing as points to this engine were given.
7.- Toyota: 2 points (as Williams use Toyota engines).
8.- Toyota: nothing as points to this engine were given.

But I realized that doing it in this way, the differences between players were growing easily, as there were less chances to score points; while doing it as N. Jones did it, keep the players closer (Honda score points for Chassis and Engine, even when they have finished after the eighth position).

In this way, if Ferrari, Toro Rosso, and Spiker finished in the first 6 positions, Ferrari engine would receive 10 points, and the engine whose car finish 7th will receive 8 points.

I have prepared a program to automatically calculate the points for every player just by entering the race results; using one system or the other it's the same, as the results can be published only 5 minutes after the end of the race. I think the way N. Jones used to assign points is good, but if the players prefer the other, there's no problem to change it.

N. Jones
12th April 2007, 03:53
Correct andreag. These rules are the same as the ones Arrows has been using for years. I know it is a little confusing (it was the first two years I was in it) at first but once you see it written out above my post it will make more sense.

muskie
12th April 2007, 14:15
I see now....I don't like it but I see it.

My thinking is 4th is 4th regardless of who came in the first 3 positions.

That being said, I do appreciate N. Jones efforts (Thanks to all who make the forum function) (hey "forum over function") and I can go with the flow.

I plan on winning this year.

muskie

aryan
12th April 2007, 15:57
I have prepared a program to automatically calculate the points for every player just by entering the race results;

I was going to offer to do the same, but I guess there is no need anymore.

andreag, N. Jones, thank you again. I know it will be difficult initialy as it is the first time we are doing it without Arrows, but I think now that you have set up the infrastructure and the necessary tools, it should be much quicker and easier from now on.

N. Jones
12th April 2007, 19:25
:D We will soon find out!

johnny shell
23rd April 2007, 14:17
bahrain is up in case anyone missed it.

if I had only picked BMW instead of honda!!!!!

who'd have known????