PDA

View Full Version : Greetings!

Corvettian
24th June 2013, 22:04
Hello, I've just joined the forum. Despite my name, I like more than just GT / endurance racing. I've been a motorsport fan since the mid-1980s, when I saw Ayrton Senna win in Formula 1 for the first time; I immediately became a Senna fan and a Lotus fan! Unfortunately both were gone within 9 years, but now Lotus is back and I'm rooting for them again.
I'm really looking forward to exchanging news and views with the rest of you!

steveaki13
24th June 2013, 22:56
:wave: Welcome

Glad to have you aboard the board. We are always happy for new members.

Tell us a bit about yourself.

Also I assume as you said your a GT/Enduro fan you followed the Le Mans 24. If so feel free to head to the GT/Sports Car section and give us your views.

Enjoy your stay. :)

Corvettian
24th June 2013, 23:17
Thank you! :) I'll get to know my way around the board over the next couple of days, and I'll certainly visit the GT / Sports Car section. :s mokin: I'll also update my profile with more info, once I've worked out how to insert a line break...

Corvettian
24th June 2013, 23:49
Also I assume as you said your a GT/Enduro fan you followed the Le Mans 24.
I wasn't able to watch the Le Mans 24, because the satellite TV system on the ship where I work is out of action! Also, my company blocks most live radio / TV sites on the ship's internet, so I couldn't even follow the race that way. In the end, I followed it as closely as possible via the Le Mans site live timing board and whatever other online sources that were still available to me.

Starter
25th June 2013, 01:27
Welcome aboard. Hope you enjoy your time spent on these forums. Feel free to jump into any thread anywhere.

Mark
25th June 2013, 09:39
Hello! Good to have some real life members in here :D

airshifter
25th June 2013, 11:42
Anyone with a brain can see that a monkey could drive that car and win a race! And my driver has NEVER done anything even close to cheating, or a bad move on track. The new tires suck! V6 engine sounds will suck and destroy all our lives! Everyone that doesn't like my team and/or driver SUCKS!

Just preparing you for the reality of the F1 forum, and at times Chit Chat! :)

Welcome to the nuthouse Corvettain. Learn to ignore, or use the ignore feature where appropriate.

Corvettian
25th June 2013, 12:59
Thanks, airshifter. :) Don't worry, I what motorsport forums are like; I used to use the BBC "606" forum, where I was treated like some sort of lowlife because I occasionally started non-Formula 1 threads! However, that just inspired me to write more and more threads about GT racing, NASCAR etc.! :D

Donney
25th June 2013, 19:25
Welcome :beer:

Corvettian
25th June 2013, 21:41
Thanks, airshifter. :) Don't worry, I what motorsport forums are like; I used to use the BBC "606" forum, where I was treated like some sort of lowlife because I occasionally started non-Formula 1 threads! However, that just inspired me to write more and more threads about GT racing, NASCAR etc.! :D
"...I know what motorsport forums are like..." Just re-read my own reply and noticed this mistake, although I'm sure you knew what I meant! :laugh:

rikdegraaff
26th June 2013, 07:54
Welcome Corvettian,

As you know, I've just introduced myself too :p
So here a welcome message back.

airshifter
26th June 2013, 11:36
"...I know what motorsport forums are like..." Just re-read my own reply and noticed this mistake, although I'm sure you knew what I meant! :laugh:

Great catch, even though we did know what you intended. You'll find that often when lacking a real debate, the grammar and/or spelling police pop up in the forums! :laugh:

Jag_Warrior
26th June 2013, 18:20
Welcome aboard. Glad to see another Senna and Lotus fan here. Cool screen name too. :up:

Corvettian
26th June 2013, 19:17
Thanks, Jag_Warrior. I like your name, too! :up:
What do you think about the "new" Lotus team? I wasn't sure about following it at first, since technically it used to be a different team (and a former rival of Team Lotus), but I've come to like it.

Jag_Warrior
27th June 2013, 09:42
At first I was pulling for the Lotus/Caterham team, since it seemed the true owner of the team name had passed it on to Fernandes' group. But now that that battle is over (and Caterham is/was kind of a joke... missing the punchline), I'm pulling for the boys in black & gold. If Raikkonen leaves for Red Bull or where ever, that could knock them down a big step. So I hope he decides to stay for a awhile. Along with the progress that Mercedes is making, I'm really pleased with how F1 is developing these days.