PDA

View Full Version : Wimbledon '13

veeten
24th June 2013, 18:10
Nadal. :eek: Sent out in the first round. Looks like Murray will have a possible win. ;)

donKey jote
24th June 2013, 19:16
:( :dozey:

steveaki13
24th June 2013, 21:35
Not a massive Tennis fan but even I know thats a shock

Mark
25th June 2013, 16:07
Nadal. :eek: Sent out in the first round. Looks like Murray will have a possible win. ;)

LOL. We're a long way from that being a prospect yet.

BleAivano
26th June 2013, 00:31
Nadal out .... http://coolchaser-static.coolchaser.com/images/themes/t/421936-i277.photobucket.com-albums-kk43-Madhatburner-PartySmileyFace.gif

Lets go Federer show them who the real master is.

CaptainRaiden
26th June 2013, 20:04
Federer has no chance as long as Djokovic is still there, UNLESS Roger has figured Novak's game out.

Anyway, I foresee a Murray-Djokovic final with Djokovic eeking out a victory.

Brown, Jon Brow
26th June 2013, 20:43
Federer out now as well! And Tsonga withdraws through injury.

Looking more and more like a Murray v Djokovic final.

Robinho
27th June 2013, 06:37
Nadal out .... http://coolchaser-static.coolchaser.com/images/themes/t/421936-i277.photobucket.com-albums-kk43-Madhatburner-PartySmileyFace.gif

Lets go Federer show them who the real master is.

Yeah...how's that working out for you ;)

Robinho
27th June 2013, 06:38
if Murray and Djokovic fail to reach the final then it will be classed as a failure for both, I can't see Ferrer having enough to topple either of them on grass, and although there are a lot of very good guys left, IF Murray and Novak play to their strengths they SHOULD be able to handle everyone left in the draw

Ranger
27th June 2013, 11:15
Looking more and more like a Murray v Djokovic final.

Careful, you might jinx both of them!

That was quite an interesting first few days.

veeten
28th June 2013, 19:18
Murray looking good... 6-2, 6-4 :D

veeten
28th June 2013, 20:06
6-2, 6-4, 7-5. Sorry, but I don't see anyone in that draw beating Andy. Not a one.

BleAivano
1st July 2013, 16:01
Sabine Lisicki managed with "Mission impossible", that is to defeat Serena Williams. :D

Dave B
2nd July 2013, 19:38
Good news: I just threw a tennis ball for my dog and now I'm Britain's #12 seed :D

Sarah
4th July 2013, 00:44
Come on Andy !!!!

samreddevilz
4th July 2013, 08:06
a crazy Wimbledon this year really.... !! Murray slightly escapes yesterday. It will be craziest if the Final is between Janowicz & Del Potro.....

Brown, Jon Brow
7th July 2013, 09:52
Murray or Djokovic?

Knock-on
7th July 2013, 12:30
Well, it's going to be Very hot.

N4D13
7th July 2013, 15:22
I don't like Murray much - for all I care, he has -10 charm points. But, as a Nadal fan, right now I support anyone who plays against Nole, so go Andy!

And he's not looking bad at all now. One set up on Djokovic right now...

Corvettian
7th July 2013, 15:40
It's the first all-Scottish Wimbledon final: Andy Murray v. Jock Ovic...!
*awaits confused replies from non-British forum members* :laugh:

N4D13
7th July 2013, 15:54
I have to say I love the British crowd. While they obviously cheer for Murray, they still respect Djokovic and cheer for him when he pulls off good points. Let's only see whether they'll boo him if he loses his drive like Vettel at Silverstone... :p

Seriously, though, I wish people were like this in many other countries. Having a bit of respect for the rivals in Davis Cup matches would be a great thing IMHO. ;)

steveaki13
7th July 2013, 15:57
Solid start but both are so good that either could win in straight sets from now or it could end 3-2

Corvettian
7th July 2013, 16:55
I have to say I love the British crowd. While they obviously cheer for Murray, they still respect Djokovic and cheer for him when he pulls off good points. Let's only see whether they'll boo him if he loses his drive like Vettel at Silverstone... :p

Seriously, though, I wish people were like this in many other countries. Having a bit of respect for the rivals in Davis Cup matches would be a great thing IMHO. ;)
That's the indefatigable British sense of fair play, my dear fellow.

Corvettian
7th July 2013, 17:10
Ooh! Murray has broken Jock's serve to go up 5 - 4 in the third set! :hot:

veeten
7th July 2013, 17:13
Finish it, Andy!!! :D

N4D13
7th July 2013, 17:17
OMG, Nole has just saved three championship points. And I had my message ready for when Murray won it - now I've had to delete it and I'll need to rewrite it later!

veeten
7th July 2013, 17:22
just won't go away, will he? :D

N4D13
7th July 2013, 17:23
Well, that was an extremely intense final game. Now I can say it: today Andy is a Brit, not a Scot. :D Well played, Andy!

veeten
7th July 2013, 17:24
There it is!!! :D

Corvettian
7th July 2013, 17:24
Well done, Andy Murray! The first British man to win at Wimbledon for 77 years! :champion:

veeten
7th July 2013, 17:26
bet that Dario will give 'im a call, "well done, Andy". :D

Brown, Jon Brow
7th July 2013, 17:49
Some good tennis was played today. It was a lot closer than 3-0 suggests, but Murray just seemed to want it more.

D-Type
7th July 2013, 17:56
Phew! He did it! :champion:

But, full marks to Djokovic - even in the final game, he still didn't give up. :up:

steveaki13
7th July 2013, 22:58
Wow. Great win for Andy Murray.

That is some history right there. Amazing

J4MIE
8th July 2013, 00:39
The Scot done good ;)

henners88
8th July 2013, 07:50
Well done to Murray. The first British man since Fred Perry to win the tournament (Hopefully Andy is ok with the Brit reference these days lol). I'll have to watch it on iPlayer as I didn't watch it live. :)

steveaki13
8th July 2013, 22:27
Well done to Murray. The first British man since Fred Perry to win the tournament (Hopefully Andy is ok with the Brit reference these days lol). I'll have to watch it on iPlayer as I didn't watch it live. :)

He is a Brit. He won remember.

henners88
9th July 2013, 10:38
Has anyone else noticed nearly every major newspaper in Britain has forgotten Virginia Wade won the singles title at Wimbledon in 1977? I keep reading articles on Murray and they keep repeating that we've waited 77 years for a British win at the championship with no emphasis on it being for a men's singles title. Its fantastic we've broken that spell for a man but kind of annoying our journalists all seem to be making such a silly mistake. I played tennis at county level when I was a teen and loved my tennis history. I watched the 1998 men's singles final and could at one point name every winner of the last 30 or so years. Why are most British sports journalists covering this story missing this basic piece of knowledge. A friend of mine mentioned all this on a social networking site in Sunday night and I've reached the same conclusion after a bit of a read.

Dave B
14th July 2013, 18:34
Has anyone else noticed nearly every major newspaper in Britain has forgotten Virginia Wade won the singles title at Wimbledon in 1977? I keep reading articles on Murray and they keep repeating that we've waited 77 years for a British win at the championship with no emphasis on it being for a men's singles title. Its fantastic we've broken that spell for a man but kind of annoying our journalists all seem to be making such a silly mistake. I played tennis at county level when I was a teen and loved my tennis history. I watched the 1998 men's singles final and could at one point name every winner of the last 30 or so years. Why are most British sports journalists covering this story missing this basic piece of knowledge. A friend of mine mentioned all this on a social networking site in Sunday night and I've reached the same conclusion after a bit of a read.
For most of the media women's sport simply doesn't exist. Unless of course the player is sexy, in which case their achievments don't matter so long as the redtops can print loads of pictures of them in skimpy outfits :s