PDA

View Full Version : Jeep recall

Wade91
18th June 2013, 22:12
looks like Chrysler has finally given in
Chrysler caves, recalls 2.7 million Jeeps (http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2013/06/18/chrysler-changes-mind-recalls-jeeps-government-sought/2434955/)

my Jeep looks just like the one in the pic in the article except mine is a different shade of red

henners88
19th June 2013, 08:27
Except yours is undoubtedly covered in dents from you jumping all over it.

Wade91
19th June 2013, 08:29
Except yours is undoubtedly covered in dents from you jumping all over it.
why would i do that with my own car? lol

henners88
19th June 2013, 08:46
why would i do that with my own car? lol
Quite. Why would you do it to your neighbours cars? Its one of life's many mysteries. ;)

Wade91
19th June 2013, 08:55
Quite. Why would you do it to your neighbours cars? Its one of life's many mysteries. ;)

i'm retired from that lol

henners88
19th June 2013, 09:02
Glad to hear it. When you retire from shoplifting you should try armed robbery or perhaps train robbery. At least with the latter you get to steal something with the added fun of jumping off a train. A natural progression and combination of the two. Don't take that too seriously please :)

Mark
19th June 2013, 12:21
Glad to hear it. When you retire from shoplifting you should try armed robbery or perhaps train robbery. At least with the latter you get to steal something with the added fun of jumping off a train. A natural progression and combination of the two. Don't take that too seriously please :)

Would you get to run along the top of the train while it's moving? Perhaps with someone else chasing you who then doesn't see the tunnel approaching?

henners88
19th June 2013, 13:13
I like your thinking Mark, this quite get rather exciting indeed :)

Gregor-y
19th June 2013, 16:12
Who buys a Jeep not expecting it to roll over and burst into flames?

SGWilko
19th June 2013, 16:33
Would you get to run along the top of the train while it's moving? Perhaps with someone else chasing you who then doesn't see the tunnel approaching?

And the last thing that came to your mind - quite literally - would be the pursuer followed by the tunnel.... :)

SGWilko
19th June 2013, 16:33
Who buys a Jeep not expecting it to roll over and burst into flames?

Who buys a Jeep for that matter?

SGWilko
19th June 2013, 16:34

Early retirement - I'm well jell........

schmenke
19th June 2013, 19:49

I've owned two in my lifetime :mark:

race aficionado
19th June 2013, 20:01
I had a loyal Land Rover Santana (way back in the 70's)

. . . . but if you meant Jeep, as in the brand . . . never mind . . . .

Wade91
19th June 2013, 20:34

not many people in England i don't imagine... i know you guys prefer cars more along the lines of this :p

http://i42.tinypic.com/al3n89.jpg

henners88
19th June 2013, 20:43
I've got several of those. It's rare you see anything other than these types of cars on Britain's roads. Much like you'd never see a European car like a BMW in the States. I bet you guys don't even know what an Audi is.

driveace
19th June 2013, 22:24
Well i was in Vancouver last week and outside a BMW dealership too Loads of BMW,s including the Mini ,and also lots of second hand Audi,s about
My hire car from Doller USA was a VW Jetta ! The handbook said printed in Mexico ,so probably the car was built there too

Rollo
20th June 2013, 00:30
My hire car from Doller USA was a VW Jetta ! The handbook said printed in Mexico ,so probably the car was built there too

North American Jettas* are built in Puebla, Mexico.

*I feel as thought the plural of Jetta should be Jettae.

henners88
20th June 2013, 07:02
Well i was in Vancouver last week and outside a BMW dealership too Loads of BMW,s including the Mini ,and also lots of second hand Audi,s about
I hope you didn't think my post was anything but sarcastic driveace :)

SGWilko
20th June 2013, 07:06
I thought cars in USA were actually steam powered, and burning dollar bills were used as the heat source.

Or is it just large capacity petrol cars still, with a fuel tank just big enough to get from one garage to the next?

:laugh:

keysersoze
20th June 2013, 13:49

Like Schmenke, I've also owned two Jeeps, a '98 Cherokee which I later traded for an '05 Grand Cherokee. Both were great vehicles. Now I own a POS Ford Explorer Sport.

Rudy Tamasz
21st June 2013, 07:51
not many people in England i don't imagine... i know you guys prefer cars more along the lines of this :p

You have too good an opinion of us Euros. We still use these cars:

http://www.autostead.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/bmw-1950-isetta-one-door-mini-family-car.jpg

SGWilko
21st June 2013, 09:52

Gee whizz, that's uglier'n my missus! :laugh:

donKey jote
21st June 2013, 18:58
Gee whizz, that's uglier'n my missus! :laugh:

It needs a paper bag, like Billy's missus :andrea: