PDA

View Full Version : Hamilton suggested he needed to regain his team's confidence

bontebempo
13th June 2013, 17:31
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/2287937

Why does he need this? Does he want the team to constantly tell him he's great? I like Lewis as a racer, think he's great for the sport but hope he's not turning into a Montoya? A winey bitch.

Keyser Soze
13th June 2013, 17:39
A winey bitch? Yep!

Knock-on
13th June 2013, 17:55
I can't seem to access that page but have read his weekly column and the response from Toto.

I took it to mean that Lewis feels he needs to up his game. He's coming to terms with brakes that handle differently and wants to do better for the team.

Can't see that as whining???

bontebempo
13th June 2013, 18:21
Can't see that as whining???[/QUOTE]

yes its whining. Most F1 drivers are but he's a pass master 1st, whiney bitch second.

Knock-on
13th June 2013, 18:32
Ok, if that's your opinion then fine. Personally, there was a lot if interesting snippets in Toto and Lewis's articles such as the brake insight and that Rosberg has really upped his performance this year.

If all you see is whiney bitch then great :rolleyes:

vhatever
13th June 2013, 18:50
He couldn't do crap in the fastest car last season, who would think he'd do any better this season with the fastest car?

Koz
13th June 2013, 20:18
He couldn't do crap in the fastest car last season, who would think he'd do any better this season with the fastest car?

It really is quite hard to "do crap" in the fastest car when it breaks down. Or being taken out by Madonado, Crasjean and Hulk.

Now, if none of this happened, where would he be in the championship standings... Oh, I do wonder...

dj_bytedisaster
13th June 2013, 20:30

You don't watch F1 too often, do you? While I agree that the McLaren was the best car for a major part of last season, Lewis lost a huge amount of points because the McLaren was not a very reliable car. In these days of ultra-reliability that's the worst thing that can happen. Then they had several pit-stop blunders, which cost positions, too. Add to that the two races when he was nerfed off by Maldonado and Grosjean. Theoretically Lewis should have had the WDC in the bag by Suzuka last year, but mainly due to his teams ineptitude he wasn't even in contention. That surely played a role in his decision to switch, too.
I would have agreed with you, had you spoken about 2011, but there was nothing wrong with Lewis' driving in 2012.

webberf1
13th June 2013, 20:59
Again, why would any moron actually care whether a driver is whiny, arrogant, stupid, rude, or whatever. As Valentino Rossi once said, "These are the races", you're here to watch what they do best: race. If you want personal goss, go read a women's magazine.
Also, 99.99% of the time the personality of the person who makes these comments is far s**tter than that of their subject.

dj_bytedisaster
13th June 2013, 21:16
I certainly don't want to imagine a life where you get a darn mic shoved under your nose everywhere you go and afterwards everybody thinks he's Sigmund Freud and analyzes every word you say. Sure the millions of bucks make up for it to a degree, but sometimes a simple man's life is exactly that - a lot more simple :D

bontebempo
13th June 2013, 21:42
Again, why would any moron actually care whether a driver is whiny, arrogant, stupid, rude, or whatever. As Valentino Rossi once said, "These are the races", you're here to watch what they do best: race. If you want personal goss, go read a women's magazine.
Also, 99.99% of the time the personality of the person who makes these comments is far s**tter than that of their subject.

Yeah but this is a forum. Its all about Gossip and sharing news. If you want to be a troll and start naming people for starting a topic about whats going on right now in F1 maybe YOU should go read a womens magazine.

kfzmeister
13th June 2013, 23:09
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/2287937

Why does he need this? Does he want the team to constantly tell him he's great? I like Lewis as a racer, think he's great for the sport but hope he's not turning into a Montoya? A winey bitch.

He doesn't feel like he's performing so far to his standards and we all know he's better than what the Mercedes has allowed him to show. He simply is stating that. Clearly he believes that Mercedes made an investment by bringing him onboard and he feels that he can do better.

As stated before, he's had some difficulties in adapting to the Brembos and the car is designed around them. They made the switch to his preferred Carbon Industries, but it takes some re-engineering and time.

Not sure how that compares to Montoya. :confused:

dj_bytedisaster
13th June 2013, 23:43
Not sure how that compares to Montoya. :confused:

It doesn't compare. It's simply a fanboy of whoever badmouthing a driver he doesn't like. Since that has become standard lately, we just have to live with it.

vhatever
14th June 2013, 00:03
It doesn't compare. It's simply a fanboy of whoever badmouthing a driver he doesn't like. Since that has become standard lately, we just have to live with it.

No I think it's more pushback for the hilarity of lewy who came into formula and branded himself, along with the British trash media, the next Senna when he was infinitely closer to the next Montoya.

You don't watch F1 too often, do you? While I agree that the McLaren was the best car for a major part of last season,

I'm, just giving Knock-on a taste of the same medicine he's been shoveling on here. Now you've spoiled it. use your head next time.

vhatever
14th June 2013, 00:06
You don't watch F1 too often, do you? While I agree that the McLaren was the best car for a major part of last season,

I'm, just giving Knock-on a taste of the same medicine he's been shoveling on here. Now you've spoiled it. use your head next time.

dj_bytedisaster
14th June 2013, 00:21
No I think it's more pushback for the hilarity of lewy who came into formula and branded himself, along with the British trash media, the next Senna when he was infinitely closer to the next Montoya.

Sorry, but I disagree. Lewis is one of the best drivers of his generation. He never branded himself the next Senna - the rabid media did, but I cannot remember any instance where Lewis said that he's the best thing ever. Except for 2011, when he completely lost his marbles, I think he coped fairly well with the media hype that's surrounding him.

vhatever
14th June 2013, 02:39
Sorry, but I disagree. Lewis is one of the best drivers of his generation. He never branded himself the next Senna - the rabid media did, but I cannot remember any instance where Lewis said that he's the best thing ever. Except for 2011, when he completely lost his marbles, I think he coped fairly well with the media hype that's surrounding him.

Just like montoya was one of the best of his generation. Uh huh. yep.

Knock-on
14th June 2013, 02:50
DJ, you're barking up the wrong tree with our old friend. Eventually he will disappear into his fantasy world of being tea boy at Benetton, argueing legal arguments his limited intelligence cannot understand and threatening people behind a keyboard who he's too scared to meet in person.

Poor little bunny who surfaces every now and again and gets kicks by being a prick I'm afraid. It's all quite sad but he seems happy in his delusional world :laugh:

dj_bytedisaster
14th June 2013, 03:47
Just like montoya was one of the best of his generation. Uh huh. yep.

WTF has Montoya to do with this? Aren't we talking about Lewis?

dj_bytedisaster
14th June 2013, 03:49
Eventually he will disappear into his fantasy world of being tea boy at Benetton

Wow, that cup of tea would arrive REALLY late :rotflmao:

Knock-on
14th June 2013, 04:10
Oh, he's a bit dillusional about it really :laugh: Wait until he starts hit vitriol concerning British Motorsport fans; it's hilarious!

Like I said, the blokes a dick but he can't stop coming back and trolling. It's all rather pathetic and the sooner he buys himself a blow job and forgets about us, the better for everyone :D

Now, it's 11:00 and in off to bed.

steveaki13
14th June 2013, 07:34
Charming discussion on this thread.

Anyway. I believe that he just wants to deliver what the team want. Which is Lewis winning races and improving Mercedes.

Its taken him a while to find his feet, but I think he feels its now timet to start moving forward.

henners88
14th June 2013, 07:56
Back on topic and reading the article, its clear Lewis isn't whining at all. He's stating the team may have lost confidence in him over the last few races and he feels he needs to up his game. Its just a driver acknowledging he needs to do better and we can't grumble at that. Toto is reassuring in his interview by suggesting Mercedes picked Lewis as an investment and they are committed to helping him around his settling in problems. Its a new environment and a car designed with totally different philosophies than he's used to. The advantage he has next season is the fact the car will have more input with his needs taken into consideration. They didn't know Lewis was joining them until three quarters of the way through last season and development was already well under way. Lewis will find his groove, but it will take time. When Mercedes have two drivers firing on all cylinders I think they will be a force to be reckoned with. It can only be exciting and hopefully we'll see the likes of Vettel, Alonso, Hamilton and Rosberg fighting it out properly by the end of this season. :)

The Black Knight
14th June 2013, 11:10
Back on topic and reading the article, its clear Lewis isn't whining at all. He's stating the team may have lost confidence in him over the last few races and he feels he needs to up his game. Its just a driver acknowledging he needs to do better and we can't grumble at that. Toto is reassuring in his interview by suggesting Mercedes picked Lewis as an investment and they are committed to helping him around his settling in problems. Its a new environment and a car designed with totally different philosophies than he's used to. The advantage he has next season is the fact the car will have more input with his needs taken into consideration. They didn't know Lewis was joining them until three quarters of the way through last season and development was already well under way. Lewis will find his groove, but it will take time. When Mercedes have two drivers firing on all cylinders I think they will be a force to be reckoned with. It can only be exciting and hopefully we'll see the likes of Vettel, Alonso, Hamilton and Rosberg fighting it out properly by the end of this season. :)

Exactly. There are many examples over the years of drivers struggling once they come to a new team. It can take a while for a driver to find their groove. I was really impressed with how Lewis did in a circuit like Canada, especially a one this is so hard on braking considering he is having issues with that exact thing. Still, he has been very mature about it and taken it in his stride. He knows he needs to improve and is working on it. He still conclusively kicked Nico's ass this weekend though, which is something I don't ever remember Schumacher managing. We have two of the best drivers of their generation driving the same car on the grid. How often does that happen? Very rarely and I'm really going to enjoy watching it develop.

SGWilko
14th June 2013, 12:33

I don't think the McLaren had a toilet facility anyway. Sometimes you do let slip your education level.......

SGWilko
14th June 2013, 12:35
No I think it's more pushback for the hilarity of lewy who came into formula .

Formula what - milk? Are we talking SMA here.......

SGWilko
14th June 2013, 12:37
he will disappear into his fantasy world of being tea boy at Benetton

Vhatever you think of him, I reckon he was in charge of car stickers that time when the lettering on the rear wing spelled Bentteton.... ;)

Knock-on
14th June 2013, 14:08
:laugh:

wedge
14th June 2013, 15:41

You mean like winning the Canadian GP whilst team mate Button was nowhere and moaning about his car, coming from the back of the grid in Barcelona and still finished ahead of Button; or how about leading in Singapore and Abu Dhabi and having to retire from the lead due to mechanical failure.

And what's to say Merc have the fastest car? Quali alone is only part of the package.

Whatever, vhatever,

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/3794454784/h25B110EB/

Ranger
14th June 2013, 17:35
You mean like winning the Canadian GP whilst team mate Button was nowhere and moaning about his car, coming from the back of the grid in Barcelona and still finished ahead of Button; or how about leading in Singapore and Abu Dhabi and having to retire from the lead due to mechanical failure.

And what's to say Merc have the fastest car? Quali alone is only part of the package.

Whatever, vhatever,

You missed him being taken out of the lead in Brazil.

The more I think of it, McLaren's 2012 was very much like their 2005 season.

bontebempo
14th June 2013, 18:38
Oh, he's a bit dillusional about it really :laugh: Wait until he starts hit vitriol concerning British Motorsport fans; it's hilarious!

Like I said, the blokes a dick but he can't stop coming back and trolling. It's all rather pathetic and the sooner he buys himself a blow job and forgets about us, the better for everyone :D

To be fair I think your a bit of a dick. All you do is insult people. I think your a sad loser who spends 80% of his time masturbating about your mother and using your cat to finish off.

bontebempo
14th June 2013, 18:55

you were bullied at school hey?

pino
14th June 2013, 19:17
Just let you know that due to rude language and disgusting insults, a member has just been permanently banned, so for your sake, do watch your language and quit personal comments/insults !

henners88
14th June 2013, 19:56
Can we ask who was banned? :)

steveaki13
14th June 2013, 20:06
Can we ask who was banned? :)

I too would like to know, as it may affect how some people approach their own behaviour

Knock-on
14th June 2013, 20:11
@Henners. I think that would take too long to write :D

@Pino. Point taken ;)

truefan72
14th June 2013, 22:19
yeah, call me curious
who was it?

Tazio
15th June 2013, 04:57
:s ailor: Spill the beans Pino :champion:

Koz
15th June 2013, 06:20
:s ailor: Spill the beans Pino :champion:

:vader: Not you? :bomb:

pino
15th June 2013, 06:28
Sorry guys but I never discuss/reveal my actions in public, can only say that isn't a big loss and he's not who you think.

Please back to the topic now :)

henners88
15th June 2013, 08:18
Fair enough Pino, I just hope it's not DJ. I disagree with him more often than not, but he is keeping the F1 forum alive at the moment. :)

Tazio
15th June 2013, 10:04
:vader: Not you? :bomb: Not this time dude :p

vhatever
15th June 2013, 18:42

Whatever, vhatever,

Ya, only lewy ever has car/team problems. They should make a rule against that. How unfair.

Dave B
15th June 2013, 19:25
I don't think the McLaren had a toilet facility anyway. Sometimes you do let slip your education level.......
Although there was an urban legend about Johnny Herbert taking a number two in his Benetton, back in the day. Maybe our friend worked there at the time, and had to clear it out. Perhaps that's why he's so bitter :laugh:

Koz
15th June 2013, 19:35
Ya, only lewy ever has car/team problems. They should make a rule against that. How unfair.

Yes, so do tell us. How many times did other drivers retire from 1st position because of mechanical failure last season?

Shame, it seems the wrong person was banned.

SGWilko
15th June 2013, 20:09
Although there was an urban legend about Johnny Herbert taking a number two in his Benetton, back in the day. Maybe our friend worked there at the time, and had to clear it out. Perhaps that's why he's so bitter :laugh:

You sure it wasn't just a clump of dirt from his accident at Silverstone many moons ago? I remember reading an article once that Johnny would get out of bed in the morning and bits of grass had come out of his wounds......

Alfa Fan
15th June 2013, 21:54
Sorry guys but I never discuss/reveal my actions in public, can only say that isn't a big loss and he's not who you think.

Please back to the topic now :)

I'm not involved in this forum much so doesn't affect me, but wow, talk about transparency....

steveaki13
15th June 2013, 22:06
As for Lewis I think its a case of trying to live up to the expectations of the team. Surely though if the team is looking long term it wouldnt be judging Lewis on 6 or 7 races.

"Off topic lines removed by Moderator"

pino
15th June 2013, 22:16
Guys if you want to discuss about that ban, please do use Feedback Forum. Now please no more off-topic thank you !

steveaki13
15th June 2013, 22:22
Guys if you want to discuss about that ban, please do use Feedback Forum. Now please no more off-topic thank you !

Noted.

Tazio
15th June 2013, 23:49

sorribro :cool: :D

Jag_Warrior
16th June 2013, 06:31

See, that's what happens when I start traveling again, working too many hours and miss too many races. Lewis was in the freakin' Red Bull last year and I didn't even know it! Man, that's why I can't have nice things. I don't pay attention like I should.

BTW, I would take it as whining if a driver said that the team needed to change to regain his confidence. In my world, if the driver (employee) said he needed to do better to regain the team's confidence, we call that self-deprecation. But hey, my world is probably different. The sky is blue and the sun rises in the east every morning. Where the sky is purple and the sun rises in the west, ol' Lewis is a whine bag of the first order. Word!

Jag_Warrior
16th June 2013, 06:35

Ross Brawn. I knew it was you! You banned Ross Brawn. We haven't even had the hearing yet, man! Where's the justice around this place???

mason riley
16th June 2013, 09:06
Hamilton sux! tbh.

steveaki13
16th June 2013, 09:27
Hamilton sux! tbh.

welcome. Tell us more. :rolleyes:

Jag_Warrior
16th June 2013, 21:16
See, who says we're not attracting more intelligent new posters these days? Heck, the newbies we've gotten this year are obviously members of MENSA.

SGWilko
17th June 2013, 08:04
Heck, the newbies we've gotten this year are obviously members of MENSA.

Yeah, Sparks and Mensa!