PDA

View Full Version : What pairings would you like to see in which Teams?

Knock-on
12th June 2013, 23:42
Inspired by the senseless Vettel 5 years thread.

I would love to see Fred or Lewy move to RB and put some manners on Seb. Would make my decade!

Rollo
13th June 2013, 00:15
If I was Grand Poobah and Lord High Everything Else, then I would like to see the following driver (and numbers changes :D ) and I've not worked out the rest:

Ferrari: 27 Alonso -28 Kobayashi
Mercedes: 658 Rosberg - 722 Hamilton
Red Bull: 98 Vettel - 99 Ricciardo
McLaren: 7 Button - 8 Chilton
Lotus: 11 Räikkönen -12 Vergne
Force India: 26 Di Resta - 50 Kovalainen
Toro Rosso: 88 Leimer - 89 Coletti

dj_bytedisaster
13th June 2013, 04:13
Inspired by the senseless Vettel 5 years thread.

I would love to see Fred or Lewy move to RB and put some manners on Seb. Would make my decade!

There's nothing wrong with Vettel's manners, but maybe yours could use a bit more fine-tuning, considering the mental diarrhea you let loose in the Vettel 5-year thread. I'm not so sure if Gary will take kindly to your trying to steal his job as the resident rabid Vettel hater.

AndyL
13th June 2013, 11:12
Who wouldn't want to see round 2 of Alonso v Hamilton?

henners88
13th June 2013, 11:58
I'm not so sure if Gary will take kindly to your trying to steal his job as the resident rabid Vettel hater.
Would you agree your obsession with Gary is comparable with his obsession of hating your boy? Gary is hardly ever here, yet you mention him daily and one has to consider that he posts the way he does because it gets up the noses of people like you ;)

pino
13th June 2013, 12:20
There's nothing wrong with Vettel's manners, but maybe yours could use a bit more fine-tuning, considering the mental diarrhea you let loose in the Vettel 5-year thread. I'm not so sure if Gary will take kindly to your trying to steal his job as the resident rabid Vettel hater.

What this has to do with the topic ? You don't like a thread ? fine, stay off it instead of starting fights...thank you very much !

dj_bytedisaster
13th June 2013, 13:02
What this has to do with the topic ? You don't like a thread ? fine, stay off it instead of starting fights...thank you very much !

So, posting something that 50% consists of obscenities is ok, but calling the poster upon it, isn't? Maybe you should entertain the idea of giving up on this moderator malarkey...

pino
13th June 2013, 14:25
How about you stop taking everything and everyone too damn serious and start to enjoy this place for what it is : a Motorsport forum where people comes to discuss Motorsport and having fun at the same time. I am tired of the negativity you bring in here :blackeye:

Now back to the topic which btw its a nice one :up:

pino
13th June 2013, 14:29
Now I would love to see two young talents on Ferrari : Bottas and Valsecchi ? :D

skory
13th June 2013, 15:03
Who wouldn't want to see round 2 of Alonso v Hamilton?

I would like to see such team

Knock-on
13th June 2013, 16:43
Do you know what, I think that Alonso and Lewis would work well the 2nd time around.

Knock-on
13th June 2013, 17:03
DJ. I appreciate that English isn't your first language so you may not understand the term "putting the manners" on someone. It means putting them in their place.

It is my opinion that Fred or Lewis would beat Seb in equal machinery. If you disagree then that's your opinion but I fail to see what is so obscene about my post :confused:

I suggest you take a chill pill, grow up and try to moderate your own behaviour instead on relying on Pino to do so.

dj_bytedisaster
13th June 2013, 19:08
It is my opinion that Fred or Lewis would beat Seb in equal machinery. If you disagree then that's your opinion but I fail to see what is so obscene about my post :confused:

You might want to re-read your post in the other thread, where you suggest that Alonso would butt eff Vettel in equal machinery. I think that qualifies as obscene, doesn't it. If you think that others would beat him in equal machinery then please say so, the need for obscene references eludes my understanding. And besides - the discussion is academic. Vettel drives a Red Bull, Hamilton and Alonso do not, so all this 'Alonso and Hamilton would beat him' is a waste of time. Both of them consciously chose other teams and have to beat him in their machinery.

Without being a Vettel fan, I'm thoroughly sick of the endless 'he only wins because of the car'. You don't get a seat in one of the best cars in the field by being mediocre. Both Hamilton and Vettel were signed up by McLaren and Red Bull as children (Ham was 13, Vettel was 11) and they ended up in F1, not because they have such nice names. They ended up where they did by being bloody good drivers. Alonso didn't win his Ferrari drive in the lottery either. They signed him because he's good.

henners88
13th June 2013, 19:15
You might want to re-read your post in the other thread, where you suggest that Alonso would butt eff Vettel in equal machinery. I think that qualifies as obscene, doesn't it. .
I wouldn't pursue that too much if I were you. I reported you for repeatedly using back passage terminology not so long ago and you were asked politely. Don't now pretend to be offended by a one off ;)

As Samuel L Jackson said in Pulp Fiction, 'just chill' :)

dj_bytedisaster
13th June 2013, 19:28
Don't now pretend to be offended by a one off ;)

That's exactly why I'm miffed about it ;) Some get reported for it, others use it themselves. And beside, I doubt I used that exact wording ;)

Knock-on
13th June 2013, 19:28
This thread is about hypothetical driver pairings. If you don't want to discuss that, be insulting or feign faux outrage then go somewhere else but for me, this conversation in this thread between us is finished right here!

henners88
13th June 2013, 19:33
I think the ultimate would be either Alonso/Vettel or Hamilton/Alonso or Vettel/Hamilton. Considering how close they are in talent it would be amazing to see them in identical cars. Managing the fallout might be another story though. :)

dj_bytedisaster
13th June 2013, 20:01
I think the ultimate would be either Alonso/Vettel or Hamilton/Alonso or Vettel/Hamilton. Considering how close they are in talent it would be amazing to see them in identical cars. Managing the fallout might be another story though. :)

I think after 2007 pretty much everyone got the fax that two WDC's or WDC candidates in a team doesn't work. It didn't work with Mansell/Piquet at Williams and it certainly didn't work with Senna/Prost and Hamilton/Alonso at McLaren. Ferrari have burnt themselves with Prost/Mansell, too. It simply doesn't work, so it will never be more than a fantasy. The ideal team setup has been proven to be a clear #1 and a reliable #2, who can be depended on to bring home points and is able to step up if something happens to the #1. Schumacher/Barrichello was the ideal combination in that regard (and my opinion).

henners88
13th June 2013, 20:02
What about the three year partnership of WDC's Jenson Button and Lewis Hamilton? Worked and they are still friends after the switch.

dj_bytedisaster
13th June 2013, 20:21
What about the three year partnership of WDC's Jenson Button and Lewis Hamilton? Worked and they are still friends after the switch.

That's because IMHO, Button isn't a WDC candidate. He got a championship in 2009, but for all the people saying that Vettel only wins because of the car, in Button's case it was actually true. Button is the sort of driver you'd want for a #2. He's ultra-reliable and rarely makes mistakes. I'd be hard pressed to think of any other driver, who's profited so often from other people's mistakes just by not making mistakes himself. He's a slightly faster version of Heidfeld. Give him any car and he puts it exactly where it's performance allows. Then in the race he'll make up 2,3 positions from people, who make mistakes or tactical errors.
By that talent he numerically out-scored Lewis over the time they were together at McLaren, but in reality he never posed a danger to Lewis. He doesn't seem to be the sort of guy, who can push the team and therefore he wouldn't be perceived as a threat really. He also seems to lack the ruthlessness required to be a clear #1.
I think the ideal car for him would be the Force India. A solid machine that he can safely put 8th on the grid then pick up a few positions by sheer race intelligence.

steveaki13
13th June 2013, 20:43
Ferrari: Alonso / Vettel
Mercedes: Hamilton / Rosberg
Red Bull: Raikkonen / Vergne
Mclaren : Button / Perez
Lotus: Bottas / Kovalainen

Firstgear
13th June 2013, 20:56
I think the ultimate would be either Alonso/Vettel or Hamilton/Alonso or Vettel/Hamilton. Considering how close they are in talent it would be amazing to see them in identical cars. Managing the fallout might be another story though. :) Maybe Ferrari needs to get their way with the 3 car team thing - then they can sign all three of those guys.

dj_bytedisaster
13th June 2013, 21:04
My ideal grid (including ideal manufacturers) would be:

Williams-Honda: Robert Wickens/Suzie Wolff
McLaren-Honda: Lewis Hamilton/Sergio Perez
Ferrari: Fernando Alonso/Davide Valsecchi
Mercedes: Sebastian Vettel/Nico Rosberg
Sauber-Mercedes: Nico Hülkenberg/Cyndie Allemann
Lotus-Renault: Jules Bianchi/Kamui Kobayashi
Force-India-Mercedes: Adrian Sutil/Jaime Algersuari
Red Bull-Infiniti (rebadged Renaults): Kimi Räikkönen/Marco Andretti
Toro Rosso-Renault: Jean-Eric Vergne/Callan O'Keeffe
Caterham-Renault: Charles Pic/Timo Glock
Marussia-Ferrari: Vitali Petrov/Alexander Rossi

Big Ben
14th June 2013, 07:38
Vettel and Grosjean at Marussia

Knock-on
14th June 2013, 12:38
:laugh:

Alonso and Lewis in the Catering Vans would be a hoot

SGWilko
14th June 2013, 12:43
Do you know what, I think that Alonso and Lewis would work well the 2nd time around.

Just not at McLaren......

AndyL
14th June 2013, 12:48
Just not at McLaren......

To make it a totally fair fight you'd want a "neutral ground" team - Red Bull, Force India, Williams or Sauber.

Knock-on
14th June 2013, 14:07
It would be magic. The two purest racers going head to head over a season with no team orders. It doesn't matter where they finish in the standings apart from who would come out on top.

wedge
14th June 2013, 15:47
Vettel with either Alonso/Hamilton in a non-RBR team and without Helmut Marko cheerleading and sucking him off all the time.

jens
20th June 2013, 11:17
First of all about general discussion "problems" or misunderstandings we have had in various topics. It would be useful to use "soft" or "gentle" language, because with a strict and non-flexible approach it is easy to get into a mess. For example something like "Driver A will destroy Driver B" will almost certainly get a reaction - you can take it into account and shouldn't be surprised later. If I was interesting in getting involved in the debate, I would immediately think something along the lines of "hey, hang on... how can you be so sure about it? Why are you claiming something so strict if there is not enough evidence for it?" And so we can have a snowball effect of getting a thread derailed.

Especially as it is an international forum, it is certainly wise for everyone think before posting, so that we actually get understood in the way we want to get understood. By the way, I didn't know the meaning of the expression of "putting manners on" either. So learning something new every day. :)

As for the topic... Well, I am not bothered of dreaming about specific line-ups all through the grid any more. Only one thing I'd like to see. Some new drivers in the places of Webber and Massa for next year.