PDA

View Full Version : Advice for Deutschland

Bowman
9th April 2007, 00:23
Hi all, I registered here with the intent of getting some advice for Rallye Deutschalnd this summer. I guess a brief introduction would be nice, I live in Nova Scotia, Canada at the moment, Melbourne last year, South Africa the States and another part of Canada at other times. I've always been interested in motor sport and last year I had the chance to go to Phillip Island for the Moto GP (2005) but I missed the F1, shame, I'll go to Montreal this year to make up for it. Anyway, to the point. I'm just wondering very general things like (provide links please if you have the info but don't feel like typing it out :P)

1) Gold, silver or bronze rally pass? The only difference I notice is the circus maximus event, whether or not you get access, seats or standing room. I don't even know what the circus maximus is. Is it worth the extra 10 or 20 euro?

2) Should I make arrangements for a car or is there other transport to the stages like bus that is easier than going by car? I'd like to make it to as many stages as possible of course. The only reason I worry is because of possible traffic jams like at monte carlo a couple years ago.

3) I'll probably be staying in Trier, as close to service park as possible, any advice on hotels or whether other types of accomidation is better would be great as well.

4) Finally, any general info regarding things to bring to the stages that first timers forget.

My dad and I will land in Frankfurt on thursday and be around for Friday, Saturday and Sunday, I wanted to go to the Nurburgring but couldn't fit it in. Thanks for any help!

J4MIE
9th April 2007, 19:15
1) Not sure about tickets but read all the info on the official website and you'll probably find out what you need - ie do you want seats at the superspecial?

2) Rent a car, no way around it.

3) Plenty of hotels in Trier but try to book as early as you can to avoid them being full up. http://redaktion.trier.de/praefectus/trier?set_tourismus_enhttp://www.trier.de/tourismus/english/we.htm

4) Waterproofs and binoculars! Avoid the stage-side food unless you want a visit to the local A&E. Watch out for the marshals unless you can bribe them.

Corny
10th April 2007, 16:59
1; the times I went to Deutschland Rally, I bought daycards.. But I didn't need them! I was never checked on cards, only at big spectator points
2; I should go by car, jams aren't that worse in Germany, only in the Baumholder, militairy place.. Don't go away there early, 'cause you'll get stuck!
3;can't help you with that!
4; don't go to spectator points in Germany.. Climb up a hill, or walk a bit further into the stage, especially in the winestages (day 1+3) I shouldn't go to Erzweiler or Panzerplatte if I were you, there are places where you can follow the cars for long but it's very busy out there and not really spectaculair..
The hairpins on the winestages are very good!

I hope you can use this! I know a jump, if you want to know where that is, tell me please!

hype
8th May 2007, 15:23
Hello,

I'm from Germany and visited the rally in 2005 & 2006, so I'll try to help you.

1) Correct. The only difference is, whether or not you get access to seats or standing room. Circus Maximus is the german Super Special Stage. It's new this year, the years before it has been in St. Wendel, so it's quite difficult to say if it's worth it.
This is the track:
http://www.bildercache.de/bild/20070314-180720-9.jpg
http://www.rallyes.info/downloads/karte_cm.gif

You can also buy tickets on the access roads to the spectator points, they cost 15€ per day. So that's the cheapest way and the way I'm always going for.

2) You should take a car. Normally there are no problems with traffic jams, there are 5 billion ( ;) ) roads in Germany and even the smallest roads are asphaltic. So a car is the quickest way to get to the stages. Monte Carlo is really narrow and there are only a few roads, but it's not like that in Germany.

3) We're always sleeping in our cars or in tents just at the stages. That's the best rally athmosphere you can get :-)
For hotels you can check: http://www.booking.com

4) Weather can be unpredictable in Germany so don't forget all sorts of clothes ;-)

hype
8th May 2007, 16:16
If you need more information feel free to ask :)

Body Stylist
11th May 2007, 22:07
Hi, im a regular on rally GB and allways stay in the car/van actually on the stages, is this possible on raly germany like in the UK?

what stages do you recomend?

is it worth getting the gold pass? a seat may be appreciated after standing in the stages all day :)

Bowman
11th May 2007, 22:14
Thanks for all the replies so far, I am ordering the tickets today or tomorrow :D . I am now checking out the hotels, I figured to get a hotel in Trier because the service park is there and I'd like to hang around there after all the days stages are over. So I wonder,

how long is there activity at the service park after all the day's stages are over?

I think I don't mind sleeping in the car at the stages, but my dad is old and maybe would become sore the next day :P.

I hope the '07 Focus will be able to challenge Loeb for the win!

hype
12th May 2007, 09:31
Hi, im a regular on rally GB and allways stay in the car/van actually on the stages, is this possible on raly germany like in the UK?

what stages do you recomend?

is it worth getting the gold pass? a seat may be appreciated after standing in the stages all day :)

Yes it's possible to stay in the car, there are lots of people at the stages in the evening :)

hype
12th May 2007, 09:32
Thanks for all the replies so far, I am ordering the tickets today or tomorrow :D . I am now checking out the hotels, I figured to get a hotel in Trier because the service park is there and I'd like to hang around there after all the days stages are over. So I wonder,

how long is there activity at the service park after all the day's stages are over?

I think I don't mind sleeping in the car at the stages, but my dad is old and maybe would become sore the next day :P.

I hope the '07 Focus will be able to challenge Loeb for the win!

I don't know the exact times when the service park is open but there is always activity till around 9 to 10 pm or longer.

Bowman
12th May 2007, 19:33
I can not read the ticket buying section in the rallye deutschland site, I can't seem to find on option to view it in english, when I select english in the top left corner it just returns me to the home page :confused:

Is there a way to view the ticket buying section in english? I feel daft now.

hype
13th May 2007, 00:37
Don't think so, the buying section is always german, just tried it.

BezeichnungInfoPreisPreis für ADAC MitgliederMengeSumme Rallye Pass GOLDAlle Tage
Circus Maximus Tribünensitzplatz79,00 €74,00 € 0,00 € Rallye Pass GOLD Kinder(bis 11 Jahre)
Circus Maximus Sitzplatz15,00 €- 0,00 € Rallye Pass SILBERAlle Tage
Circus Maximus Stehplatz65,00 €60,00 € 0,00 € Rallye Pass BRONZEAlle Tage
excl. Circus Maximus55,00 €50,00 € 0,00 € Rallye-Magazin 5,00 €- 0,00 € 0,00 €

hype
13th May 2007, 00:38
Don't think so, the buying section is always german, just tried it.

What do you want to know? :)

Bowman
16th May 2007, 20:38
I get the idea that you select which tickets and the number then click Zur Kasse gehen to buy, then

Bereits registrierte Benutzer können sich hier anmelden

Benutzername oder Email Adresse, die bei der Registrierung verwendet wurde:

Falls Sie noch kein Benutzer sind, können Sie sich hier registrieren

I don't know what the account is for or why it's needed buy I again assumed I should select register. In the registry document there is a few fields I don't understand;

Anrede -
Firma -
Titel -
Vorname (first name) -
Name (surname) -
Straße / Nr. -
PLZ, ort -
Land (country) -
Geburtsdatum (Tag/Monat/Jahr) (birth info) -
ADAC Mitgliedsnummer -

Bitte nur eintragen, falls Sie Mitglied im ADAC sind.

Login Name (self explanatory) -
Passwort (") -
Wiederholung -
Email (") -
Telefon (phone #) -
Mobil (mobile phone #) -

Bankdaten

Kontoinhaber -

Bitte nur angeben, falls abweichend vom oben angegebenem Namen.

BLZ -
Konto Nr. -

Thanks doubly in advance.

hype
21st May 2007, 17:35
Anrede - (Mr, Mrs ...)
Firma - (company)
Titel - (title)
Vorname (first name) -
Name (surname) -
Straße / Nr. - (street)
PLZ, ort - (zip code, city)
Land (country) -
ADAC Mitgliedsnummer - (adac member number - german motorclub)

Bitte nur eintragen, falls Sie Mitglied im ADAC sind. (you only need that if you're a member of the ADAC)

Passwort (") -
Wiederholung -
Email (") -
Telefon (phone #) -
Mobil (mobile phone #) -

Bankdaten

Kontoinhaber -

BLZ -
Konto Nr. -

BLZ & Konto Nr. are the details of a german bank, but I don't think international customers can buy a ticket then :/

Maybe the best would be, if you write an eMail to "ticket@rallye-deutschland.de" and ask how internation customers can buy a ticket.
There should be someone who can speak english.

hype
21st May 2007, 17:35
Anrede - (Mr, Mrs ...)
Firma - (company)
Titel - (title)
Vorname (first name) -
Name (surname) -
Straße / Nr. - (street)
PLZ, ort - (zip code, city)
Land (country) -
ADAC Mitgliedsnummer - (adac member number - german motorclub)

Bitte nur eintragen, falls Sie Mitglied im ADAC sind. (you only need that if you're a member of the ADAC)

Passwort (") -
Wiederholung -
Email (") -
Telefon (phone #) -
Mobil (mobile phone #) -

Bankdaten

Kontoinhaber -

BLZ -
Konto Nr. -

BLZ & Konto Nr. are the details of a german bank, but I don't think international customers can buy a ticket then :/

Maybe the best would be, if you write an eMail to "ticket@rallye-deutschland.de" and ask how internation customers can buy a ticket.
There should be someone who can speak english.

Bowman
21st May 2007, 18:58
Thank you very much, I will inquire by email.

CWJ
8th June 2007, 11:16
Shakedown infos, map and pix for germany here:

http://www.rallye-magazin.de/__BOARD__/thread.php?sid=b6534b97824c11ee46f52e41b9c44e89&postid=134182#post134182

Sweetlamb95
18th June 2007, 19:40
Hello,
I visit the Deutschland Rallye every year,and i never got tickets before in advance.I just buy Daily Tickets directly at the entrances to the stages,for 15,-Euro per day (all Stages on that day,incl. service park).If you go only from Friday to sunday,this is the cheapest solution.(55,-)If you are lucky,you won`t get controlled at all,especially if you avoid to go to A or B areas.So you can invest more Euro in Bier und Bratwurst. :D :D :D
If you arrive already for thursday (shakedown) a bronze pass will be enough.(60,- excl.circus maximus)
A really useful utensil is the official programme,this offers detailled maps of the stages.(5,-)This senseless map you get for free with your tickets is only useful to put it in your wet shoes.
I can recommend all the stages in the mosel-wine yards.There you have the closest action and the most scenic view-and photospots.
On Sunday you have the choice rather to see only the Circus Maximus Stage or TWO really nice stages in the mosel valley.For a real rallye head this is no question at all.

If anybody has further questions about visiting Rallye Deutschland,feel free to ask.

Sweetlamb95 :s mokin:

sudha
24th July 2007, 11:27
The information about it can be acquired through advice centres, Telephone and through internet service.

11th March 2008, 09:33
We will be pleased to aid you in exploring the many sights and cultural monuments and the varied landscapes along the rivers Moselle, Saar, Sauer / Sûr and Ruwer as well as in the Hunsrueck and the South Eifel. We also recommend a visit to our neighbours in Belgium, France and Luxembourg.

13th March 2008, 06:06
Rallye-Ass Niki Schelle, sportlicher Leiter Suzuki Motorsport Deutschland, war mit dem ersten Lauf des Suzuki Rallye Cup 2008 sehr zufrieden: „Der Auftakt zur diesjährigen Cup-Saison hätte wohl kaum spannender sein können! Rasante Rallye-Action bei schwierigen äußeren Bedingungen – keine leichte Aufgabe für die Teams.