PDA

View Full Version : Whatever happened to?

Pages : 1 [2] 3

steveaki13
1st November 2013, 21:11
What happened to Bolton Midnight? He was a friendly chap always welcome to opposing opinions and hated smoking I do believe.

I remember him just about.

I also hate smoking I must say, but fortunately I don't know many people who smoke or smokes any more.

donKey jote
1st November 2013, 21:36
What happened to Bolton Midnight? He was a friendly chap always welcome to opposing opinions and hated smoking I do believe.
^^like
:laugh: :laugh:

henners88
2nd November 2013, 01:05
:D

Jag_Warrior
2nd November 2013, 04:49
I also miss Wade :(

He still posts from time to time. But I still say that "kid" is a 43 year old commodities trader living in the Hamptons and just playing a role here.

Kneeslider
2nd November 2013, 15:50
I used to enjoy chatting to Gannex, but I think that he's got far more important stuff on his mind these days. Fausto was fun too.

555-04Q2
4th November 2013, 07:55
I used to enjoy chatting to Gannex, but I think that he's got far more important stuff on his mind these days. Fausto was fun too.
fousto is now Roamy, though even with a name change he's still grumpy as hell :p: :D

henners88
5th November 2013, 21:31
Now here is a poster I haven't seen for ages, does anybody remember Beansbeansbeans?

They visited last month but I don't remember seeing a post from them in a couple of years.

donKey jote
5th November 2013, 21:34
Now here is a poster I haven't seen for ages, does anybody remember Beansbeansbeans?

They visited last month but I don't remember seeing a post from them in a couple of years.

wasn't that steveaki in disguise? :andrea:

steveaki13
5th November 2013, 23:52

wasn't that steveaki in disguise? :andrea:

:eek: My cover :erm: I was just leaving. Like the wind. ;)

555-04Q2
6th November 2013, 06:04

You mean 3 X Beans :D Yeah remember him well, another member lost in the real world :p:

N. Jones
9th November 2013, 00:02
I was just looking at some old threads and the amount of posters that are no longer around. Or rarely around is quite sad.

St. D
Sonic
F1 Boat

Just 3 I came across .

Also rjbetty has had to limit his time.

Euro Troll has been missing for a few months.

People are disappearing.

Anyone think of other missing posters?

Same here. Some of them were FGP regulars.
Whatever happened to Bagwan? He was a F1 and FGP regular too. He/She was also quite funny.

gadjo_dilo
12th November 2013, 13:49
I know stud became euro troll or something but has he changed it again?

He has :)

That's kinda fishy and I think mr. Pino is playing with us.
I've noticed over time that if someone changes his name his old name disappears from the list of members ( but it's still preserved in quotes ). For ex., Studiose and Wiruwiru - ET's old names - aren't on the list but EuroTroll still is....
Well, he might have an alter ego ( and I confess I used to suspect 2 members in a sort of rocambolesque script :devil:) but that's not a proper name change. :confused:

555-04Q2
12th November 2013, 14:22
I know stud became euro troll or something but has he changed it again?

He has :)

That's kinda fishy and I think mr. Pino is playing with us.
I've noticed over time that if someone changes his name his old name disappears from the list of members ( but it's still preserved in quotes ). For ex., Studiose and Wiruwiru - ET's old names - aren't on the list but EuroTroll still is....
Well, he might have an alter ego ( and I confess I used to suspect 2 members in a sort of rocambolesque script :devil:) but that's not a proper name change. :confused:

I need to confess. I am actually the alter ego of Mel Gibson. Jews beware!!! :p: :D

gadjo_dilo
12th November 2013, 15:53
Naaaaah....It's too late.....
You're already labeled as "The south-african". :p

airshifter
13th November 2013, 05:38

A south African is much less scary than a gypsy Medusa! :laugh:

555-04Q2
13th November 2013, 05:44

"The South African" agrees :p: :D :laugh:

gadjo_dilo
13th November 2013, 09:36

As if unknown people from a family forum may ever scare anybody.....:confused:
Besides, if you were more attentive you could realise that I was a medusa in a previous life ( my friends got an as spicy nickname for me on this life )and gadjo means someone who don't belong to a gypsy community. But I reckon a dark jellyfish would be interesting......:p

555-04Q2
13th November 2013, 09:48
As if unknown people from a family forum may ever scare anybody.....:confused

There are some very strange and very scary people on this forum ;)

gadjo_dilo
13th November 2013, 10:05
[quote="gadjo_dilo":2w28q1jz]As if unknown people from a family forum may ever scare anybody.....:confused

There are some very strange and very scary people on this forum ;)[/quote:2w28q1jz]
Strange yes ( that's why I like this place ;) ), but...scary?!!????
Do you imagine that someone will travel around the world in search of a certain " poster 555-???? " ?

555-04Q2
13th November 2013, 14:00
[quote="555-04Q2":av7977qd][quote="gadjo_dilo":av7977qd]As if unknown people from a family forum may ever scare anybody.....:confused

There are some very strange and very scary people on this forum ;)[/quote:av7977qd]
Strange yes ( that's why I like this place ;) ), but...scary?!!????
Do you imagine that someone will travel around the world in search of a certain " poster 555-???? " ?[/quote:av7977qd]

Nah, but.....stranger things have happened :shock: ;) :D

Roamy
15th November 2013, 05:01
Yeah don't talk Muslim sh!t some weird MotherF--er will be hunting you down :)

555-04Q2
15th November 2013, 12:25
More like a silent drone attack!

Rudy Tamasz
28th November 2013, 14:38
And this what happened to me. First day of snow on Tuesday, and I immediately slid and broke a bone in my foot. Now I'm confined to my apartment for about four weeks. This doesn't mean I will be a more frequent visitor here, quite the opposite. I do most of my posting from the office. While at home I have to take care of a six year old pirate, a seven month old princess and a queen, who is forever young an beautiful. ;) With that I'm switching to a "barely active" mode... :waive:

gadjo_dilo
28th November 2013, 15:35
Sorry Rudy, my first reaction was of a sincere compassion but then I started to envy you cos your life seems to be a sort of fairy tale.
Get well soon.

Rudy Tamasz
29th November 2013, 13:33
Sorry Rudy, my first reaction was of a sincere compassion but then I started to envy you cos your life seems to be a sort of fairy tale.
Get well soon.

Y'know, we are not fairy tale characters and sometimes give each other a bit of hard time. Thanks for your sympathy anyway. :)

555-04Q2
29th November 2013, 13:44
The main thing is you are alright :) :wave:

pino
29th November 2013, 16:05
To the very few members who are missing me, I am still here, just still busy :p:

SGWilko
29th November 2013, 16:08
Who said that? ;)

donKey jote
29th November 2013, 17:11
I thought the forums had been running smoothly for a while again... ;)

pino
29th November 2013, 17:50
Love you too guys :p:

odykas
30th November 2013, 01:02
Busy vacation :dozey:

Spafranco
1st December 2013, 17:14
According to three people I have three different persona's. One being Glu(something) and two others whose names I can't recall. I wonder where a person would get the energy to go looking for names to pin on someone and not give the reason why.

The South African was my invention only because it was from something I was reading. Any guesses as to what that was? :)

gadjo_dilo
1st December 2013, 18:42
The South African was my invention only because it was from something I was reading. Any guesses as to what that was? :)
I don't care. All I know is that I was determined to quit this forum. I even stopped posting for about a month until I read your posts related to the south african and I I had a good laugh and decided it's worth it to come back. Which is kinda weird...... I came back due to the one who's on the ignoring list of half of the forum. :confused: :confused:

Whatever happened to race aficionado?

steveaki13
1st December 2013, 19:31
I don't care. All I know is that I was determined to quit this forum. I even stopped posting for about a month until I read your posts related to the south african and I I had a good laugh and decided it's worth it to come back. Which is kinda weird...... I came back due to the one who's on the ignoring list of half of the forum. :confused: :confused:

He is still around occasionally I think.

I have seen him post on the Footie thread in the last few months.

Spafranco
2nd December 2013, 19:41

So you say that half the forum ignores me. Should I be honored or disappointed. Seems as though there are many boring threads right now. Not trumpet my own horn but to include all the participants that have me on 'ignore' and those who have not don't you believe or think that it is better to have people express their opinions than regarding serious issues? It is always good to have some fun threads also.
Tell me why I am ignored. That is something that interests me.

By the way, when you insert your 'I don't care it makes you no better than the conclusion whatever it is you have for me. You can deduce whatever you want from that.

odykas
3rd December 2013, 17:06
Has anybody seen Denial?

pino
3rd December 2013, 17:40
Who ? :p:

henners88
3rd December 2013, 18:27
Last I heard he'd fallen out with his dog after the foot legged friend came home in an unsafe cabriolet sporting an iPhone.

henners88
3rd December 2013, 18:56
Further trouble ensued when the iPhones autocorrect changed 'four' to 'foot' lol :)

airshifter
4th December 2013, 02:58
Last I heard he'd fallen out with his dog after the foot legged friend came home in an unsafe cabriolet sporting an iPhone.

Good thing I wasn't eating when I read that.

henners88
4th December 2013, 10:24
According to three people I have three different persona's. One being Glu(something) and two others whose names I can't recall. I wonder where a person would get the energy to go looking for names to pin on someone and not give the reason why.
I have to say Spa I was one of the people who made that assumption. I didn't waste my time digging for a comparison because you said something that I remember being part of with the Glu chap on a feedback thread. I knew the thread well and your wording and beef was identical. You claim not to be this chap and I respect that and believe you. I wouldn't keep drawing attention to it and move on that's all. :)

Spafranco
11th December 2013, 20:03
I have to say Spa I was one of the people who made that assumption. I didn't waste my time digging for a comparison because you said something that I remember being part of with the Glu chap on a feedback thread. I knew the thread well and your wording and beef was identical. You claim not to be this chap and I respect that and believe you. I wouldn't keep drawing attention to it and move on that's all. :) I'm positive I know the thread too. My argument may be the same but that does not make me him. Although I normally ignore what a person suggests I do on this occasion I will be more than happy to move on. In closing I am at a loss as to why I am a target when I see a certain individual on the Nelson Mandela thread be far more aggressive that I have ever been. How come he gets away with it. No question mark. It was just a thought.

Mark
11th December 2013, 20:43

If you are him then where's my super insulting emails?

Spafranco
13th December 2013, 17:31

If you are him then where's my super insulting emails?

I would not send you an insulting email Mark. But I would like to know how I could find three 1/2 first cousins in the UK. My mother's brother walked out on his wife and there was no sign of him for 40 years when one of the children (my first cousin) found him. He was in a nursing home. She went to the home in Hull and as she spoke about him to a nurse, the nurse told him her sister was already visiting. Turns out he remarried after his first wife died and then had three more children. These would be my 1/2 cousins.
They're from Hull and I'd love to meet them.Makes the world a small place Mark, eh?

Mark
13th December 2013, 21:08
Not small enough where Hull is involved. ;)

D-Type
13th December 2013, 22:49
You can't have a half cousin. Either you have a common ancestor and are a true cousin, be it a first cousin, second cousin or even fifth cousin twice removed, or you don't have common blood so you are not related. If, as appears to have happened here, your uncle re-married the two lots of children would be half-brothers and sisters to each other, but they would all be your full cousins as you all have the same grandparents. Your [true] uncle's wife is your aunt, but if she remarries her children by the second marriage are not your cousins as you don't share a bloodline.

When it comes to understanding cousins and things you need to ask an old-fashioned Scot - they know the various relationships because of the old Scottish tradition that killing a blood relative is considered extremely bad manners.

SGWilko
16th December 2013, 08:11
D-Type, you really ought to have wrapped that up with 'Bob's your uncle'!! :D

henners88
16th December 2013, 09:23
Fanny's ya Aunt, me old mucker :)

D-Type
16th December 2013, 14:30
No, that's Billy's missus, isn't it?

Spafranco
17th December 2013, 17:00
You can't have a half cousin. Either you have a common ancestor and are a true cousin, be it a first cousin, second cousin or even fifth cousin twice removed, or you don't have common blood so you are not related. If, as appears to have happened here, your uncle re-married the two lots of children would be half-brothers and sisters to each other, but they would all be your full cousins as you all have the same grandparents. Your [true] uncle's wife is your aunt, but if she remarries her children by the second marriage are not your cousins as you don't share a bloodline.

When it comes to understanding cousins and things you need to ask an old-fashioned Scot - they know the various relationships because of the old Scottish tradition that killing a blood relative is considered extremely bad manners.

D-Type, thanks so much. So I am now looking for first cousins in and around the Hull area. I will try the social services or the medical board and see if they can help. I would really like to find them as they are family and it would be shameful not to make contact.
I actually like Hull City but heard on our new NBCsports network that they want the name to rename the team to Hull Tigers. Yuck!

Again, thanks D-Type.

Jag_Warrior
21st December 2013, 23:23

Clearly, you have never spent time in West Virginia. On matters of cousins (and sheep), them folks are the ones who know the ins & outs (no pun intended - well, yeah, I guess it was intended) of cousins.

Starter
22nd December 2013, 00:14
Clearly, you have never spent time in West Virginia. On matters of cousins (and sheep), them folks are the ones who know the ins & outs (no pun intended - well, yeah, I guess it was intended) of cousins.
You can't pull the wool over their eyes.

AAReagles
1st January 2014, 07:25
My ears are burning...and apprently no one misses me... I think one of the reasons they are in decline is the populairity of Facebook and most of us access the net now on the phone. Facebook has apps for all the smart phones, as does Twitter. This format for the forum doesn't translate as well to a smart phone.
Good to see a familiar name/face again. Was wondering what happened with ya, along with Jag_Warrior and some others it appeared that took a leave absence. Then again I've been off the boards for a while as well, for one reason or another.

Hope ArrowsFA1 is well. That goes for Eki too... maybe. j/k. ;)

I think I watch more racing than ever. f1, Indycar, Sportscar...
Not me. Not too keen with how the sport has changed with tech over the years, along with the long overdue stateside enthusiasm for F1 (or anything other than SMASHCAR for that matter). So.... it's football for me nowadays, especially since Pete Carroll took over in Seattle. Looks like he's about to get the job done with that young QB & "Legion Of Doom" combo. Keeping my fingers crossed anyways.

steveaki13
28th January 2014, 18:08
I was looking through some old threads from when I joined and I saw a name that I remembered.

Don't know if anyone has mentioned him, UlimateDanGTR or something along those lines.

steveaki13
28th January 2014, 18:08
I was looking through some old threads from when I joined and I saw a name that I remembered.

Don't know if anyone has mentioned him, UlimateDanGTR or something along those lines.

henners88
29th January 2014, 11:55
I remember Dan and yes I had wondered what happened to him too. Haven't seen him for at least a year on here.

henners88
29th January 2014, 11:59
I spoke to ArrowsFA1 back in November and he still reads the forum but doesn't join in as he got sick of the insults directed towards him. Shame as he is a very knowledgeable fan and provided some of the more intelligent replies on here. Hopefully if he is reading regularly, he'll show up again at some point. :)

steveaki13
29th January 2014, 12:16
It is a shame. I was reading through the posts in some of my early days and so many names are different.

I asked this before I think, but what happened to Knock On?

Triple 5 has disappeared again, but Anfield 5 told me he was away so he may well be back soon.

pino
29th January 2014, 20:41
Knockie, never posts during F1 winter pause, he will back in time for 1st race ;)

henners88
29th January 2014, 20:54
Knock on was last seen in July when he and myself were accused of ganging up on a now banned member because we shared the same views. He hasn't posted since and I took an extended break before returning. It's never felt quite the same here but it's a shame knockie decided to call it a day completely. Still life is too short to get wound up with people you don't know on the internet I suppose. Easier to just take yourself out of the fray if it ceases being enjoyable. :)

pino
29th January 2014, 21:26
I know him well, he will be back ;)

steveaki13
29th January 2014, 22:02
I know him well, he will be back ;)

I knew it. Pino knows Knockie well, so well he knows he will be back. Thus conclusion must be the Pino=Knock On. :eek: :eek:

What a discovery. ;)

steveaki13
29th January 2014, 22:07
Knock on was last seen in July when he and myself were accused of ganging up on a now banned member because we shared the same views. He hasn't posted since and I took an extended break before returning. It's never felt quite the same here but it's a shame knockie decided to call it a day completely. Still life is too short to get wound up with people you don't know on the internet I suppose. Easier to just take yourself out of the fray if it ceases being enjoyable. :)

Yes I had a couple of weeks away at that time too. Its sad it gets to that.

What about Black Knight? He is a newer member that I haven't seen for a while, although that may well be because its off season I suppose.

By the way has anyone who would say out loud worked out who Studiose/Euro Troll now is? I was reading through the thread and a few of us out the loop guys :p were told he was still around under a new name.

Anyone of us in the dark figured it out yet. Or any other name changes come to that. :)

Hope I don't get bumped off for asking too many questions. :erm:

gadjo_dilo
30th January 2014, 08:38
By the way has anyone who would say out loud worked out who Studiose/Euro Troll now is? I was reading through the thread and a few of us out the loop guys :p were told he was still around under a new name.
Euro Troll is you. I'm sure about it.

steveaki13
30th January 2014, 09:37
:o

;)

pino
30th January 2014, 12:26
Euro Troll is you. I'm sure about it.

Yes, I can confirm that ! :p:

steveaki13
30th January 2014, 12:41
I guess I'd better stop opening threads and posting then.

Otherwise you'll discover I am secretly Tamb.............. oh damn did I actually write that? :dozey:

steveaki13
30th January 2014, 12:43
I guess I'd better stop opening threads and posting then.

Otherwise you'll discover I am secretly Tamb.............. oh damn did I actually write that? :dozey:

By the way to confirm my previous slip of the tongue. You're all morons :p :devil:

pino
3rd February 2014, 12:19
Back to topic...where's my friend race aficionado ? :(

steveaki13
3rd February 2014, 13:59
Back to topic...where's my friend race aficionado ? :(

He used to be posting quite regularly in the footie thread, but he hasn't even been there lately. :(

pino
3rd February 2014, 14:00
That's why I am asking...

steveaki13
3rd February 2014, 14:04

I was just sympathising, as I don't actually know where he is. ;)

henners88
3rd February 2014, 14:28

I was just sympathising, as I don't actually know where he is. ;)
You better find him and quickly!

steveaki13
3rd February 2014, 14:49
Well I will start looking in my cupboards and work on from there. It might take a while.

dunes
5th February 2014, 16:47
RACEFANSTAN,ROSELADY,FRED"BASSETT",BROWNDOG, and MUGGLENOT where ARE YOU GUYS;where did all the good times go?

MD24
14th February 2014, 01:45
RACEFANSTAN,ROSELADY,FRED"BASSETT",BROWNDOG, and MUGGLENOT where ARE YOU GUYS;where did all the good times go?

Racefanstan: passed away
Roselady: ??
Fred Bassett,Browndog : moved on
Mugglenot: still shows up once in a while

gadjo_dilo
14th February 2014, 07:55
I miss a good fight with Ioan.
Ioaneeeeee!
Where are you?
:confused:

Tazio
14th February 2014, 08:02
There is a rumor going around that Ioaneeeee joined the French Foreign Legion :santa:

gadjo_dilo
14th February 2014, 09:15
There is a rumor going around that Ioaneeeee joined the French Foreign Legion :santa:
I don't think he'd be happy to be referred as "legionar". :D

steveaki13
14th February 2014, 10:23

Why? He's been referred to as many other things :p :sailor:

pino
14th February 2014, 10:51
You might be in trouble now, with that sentence steave ;)

gadjo_dilo
14th February 2014, 11:15

Lol. It's a historical reference in our country. I for once wouldn't mind but some people are very sensitive to this word.:devil:

Tazio
14th February 2014, 13:53

Not pizza delivery boy, I don't think. :confused: :dork:

Tazio
14th February 2014, 14:11
[quote="gadjo_dilo":phud4ghf]

Lol. It's a historical reference in our country. I for once wouldn't mind but some people are very sensitive to this word.:devil:[/quote:phud4ghf]
Is it because Noua Dreapt? is a fringe movement, and think they are the heirs to Garda de fier? I can understand why that reference would put your average gypsy's knickers in a twist, if they would ever wear any! It's my understanding that they generally "go commando" Is this also a myth?! :kiss: :angel:

gadjo_dilo
14th February 2014, 14:47
Is it because Noua Dreapt? is a fringe movement, and think they are the heirs to Garda de fier? I can understand why that reference would put your average gypsy's knickers in a twist, if they would ever wear any! It's my understanding that they generally "go commando" Is this also a myth?! :kiss: :angel:
Good God! I'm impressed by your research and I admit you know more than me on this issue ( not to mention that I admire your patience to do this, I have a lot of books about this and I didn't even open them). What is for sure is that that movement was very popular at its time and gathered a lot of brilliant intellectuals and students. I know they committed some horrible political crimes but they were a sort of reply to the crimes against their leaders or members (one of my mum's brothers was a legionar and was asassinated when he was 23 yo as a revenge. He was simply picked up cos he was a member, they chose at random 3 guys from every county and shot them). At least they weren't corrupted like today's politicians......
Anyway the communist regime labeled them as a sort of fascist cold blooded criminals, sent them to jail or working camps and when you've said that X is a legionar the guy was seen like a leper. Sadly people are still uneducated and think so even today. Now I know Ioniq knows this and french legion is something different, my comment was just for laugh.

Tazio
14th February 2014, 15:25
You didn't answer my question about the gypsie gurlz :sailor:

gadjo_dilo
14th February 2014, 15:48
Because I couldn't understand what you mean. Sorry but I'm afraid your slang vocabulary exceeds my poor level of understanding of Shakespeare's language :mad:

Anyway your interest in gypsy girls is quite weird.....

Tazio
14th February 2014, 20:28
go commando

to dress without underpants / knickers, but be otherwise normally attired

"i'm afraid I can't lower my trousers your honour, as I have gone commando today"

gadjo_dilo
14th February 2014, 21:51
Ahaaaaa.....That is....
Now tell me how should I know what a gipsy wears(or not wears) under her skirt?I
If you are so interested you could elucidate the mystery yourself. by lifting up a few skirts. With a bit of luck you might find something like

http://www.frontpress.ro/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/tiganci.jpg

P.S. Once again I'm impressed. How come you're so documented on gypsy life? :confused:

Tazio
15th February 2014, 02:47
To be quite honest it is because we don't have authentic gypsies that I know of in the U.S. and they are/were romanticized in our culture.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XSImibKLHs
we do have these: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM4B1U0VS4g
but somehow I don't think they are real freakin' gypsies
:laugh: :kiss: :dork: :sailor: :vampire:

steveaki13
4th April 2014, 14:24
Knockie, never posts during F1 winter pause, he will back in time for 1st race ;)

Where is he then? :eek:

Knock on, Wilko and Triple 5 have all disappeared too lately.

The start of this year seems to have been the quietist on record.... So Sad.

555 came back for a while and posted more than he had for about a year or 2, but he has gone again.

steveaki13
11th June 2014, 21:14

555 came back for a while and posted more than he had for about a year or 2, but he has gone again.

Still those three are missing. :(

By the way. I have seen so many references lately to Billy's Missus.

I wondered if many of the younger members actually know he was a real poster. Markabilly. :D

Whatever happened to that guy. He used to post regular and then occasionally.

One assumes he got fed up with so many seeing his missus every week. :p

henners88
17th June 2014, 11:50

Knock-on got fed up when a regular banned poster came back trolling and a few here turned on him suggesting he was the problem. I was included in that too if I remember? The banned member then got banned again funnily enough before starting a series of profiles, some of which have also been banned since and now they are using one username and behaving themselves most of the time thinking they haven't been detected. Knockie though is still at large and I am more tolerant and able to ignore :D

Tazio
18th June 2014, 06:19
I wonder what ever happened to ozrevhead, she was the coolest :uhoh: babe on this forum? Her given name was Filomena!

BTW Billy isn't answering any of my phone calls :confused:

gadjo_dilo
18th June 2014, 06:24
I

BTW Billy isn't answering any of my phone calls :confused:

Because you ran with his missus? :confused:

Tazio
18th June 2014, 06:35
So? :confused: :devil:

gadjo_dilo
18th June 2014, 06:45
He suffers, you insensitive....
Because of you.

Tazio
18th June 2014, 06:58
No, you need a history lesson. This thing got started with Don Quixiote, and billy swapping misssus'

gadjo_dilo
18th June 2014, 08:10
That's something fishy about this
First question:
What was your role in this boudoir affair? You're always quoted as a part of the love triangle Billy-missus-Taz
Second question:
What was donks' mother role in this story if they swapped missus'?
Billy kept mentioning she's with him....

PS Sorry to be so analytical. That happens when I'm at work. :p

henners88
18th June 2014, 08:12
Bernie needs to look here before claiming the future of F1 is on the internet. Considering how quiet a number of the big motorsport's forums are these days, I think the opposite is correct. I'm guessing the loss of so many well known posters from the past here suggests they probably either don't have time for the sports any more or don't wish to discuss it on the internet. I used to post here 10 or more times a day, and those were in the days when I didn't have a smartphone with constant access to the forum like I do now. Life just gets in the way but it's still nice to pay a visit. :)

gadjo_dilo
18th June 2014, 08:20
I'm guessing the loss of so many well known posters from the past here suggests they probably either don't have time for the sports any more or don't wish to discuss it on the internet.
Or maybe us - those who still are here - aren't a good company. :confused: :p

Now seriously, look at the World Cup 2014 thread that added 69 pages in a week. The secret is in a thrilling competition + great posters.

henners88
18th June 2014, 09:17
Now seriously, look at the World Cup 2014 thread that added 69 pages in a week. The secret is in a thrilling competition + great posters.
That is a very good point. Sports that have become predictable and with less coverage on TV, is it really worth our time? I know I ask myself that. Its not the quality of the discussion or the people that has driven away the interest, its the quality of what we are discussing.

gadjo_dilo
18th June 2014, 09:21
That is a very good point. Sports that have become predictable and with less coverage on TV, is it really worth our time? I know I ask myself that. Its not the quality of the discussion or the people that has driven away the interest, its the quality of what we are discussing.
But we talk a lot of nonsense on WC 2014 thread.....
However it works well.

Storm
18th June 2014, 10:44
we talk a lot of nonsense in ChitChat since...well forever

Tazio
18th June 2014, 11:45
That's something fishy about this
First question:
What was donks' mother role in this story ?

Welllllllllllllll it goes something like this:

then there was the time, that el donko caught his daughter working as a hooker at a street corner....

he told her, "WHAT would your mother think if she caught you doing this!!!"

She said, "she would kill me.....it's her corner"
Any more questions? :dozey:

PS Sorry to be so analytical. That happens when I'm at work. :p
It's OK sweetie, inquiring minds want to know. :angel:

gadjo_dilo
18th June 2014, 12:03
:

Any more questions? :dozey:

But you still didn't answer my previous 2:
1.What was your role in this boudoir affair?
2. What was donks' mother role in this story if they swapped missus'?

If you don't want to answer I understand you ( hm, hm, :p)

Tazio
18th June 2014, 12:23
1. I'm just the messenger, but I do occasionally provide stud service.

2. She was a fabulously wealthy Madam that specialized in arranging swinger parties where Donk's, and billy along with their missus' met. She has since retired to Patagonia with Eki.

gadjo_dilo
18th June 2014, 13:11
yeah... Patagonia's the place for wealthy people....
I bet that after world cup Messi will spend a holiday there :devil:

steveaki13
18th June 2014, 13:22
I bet that after world cup Messi will spend a holiday there :devil:

He already has some powerful friends. So beware

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-6ffhgQXBVWc/T0h7gYLXqvI/AAAAAAAGJ70/FM4Z3RUED-w/s1600/Humor+Lionel+Messi+funny+picture+(23).jpg

gadjo_dilo
18th June 2014, 13:44
Good for you Steve. Vou never told us you had your photo taken with your idol. We could have been plenarily happy for you.....

steveaki13
18th June 2014, 13:46
Good for you Steve. Vou never told us you had your photo taken with your idol. We could have been plenarily happy for you.....

:laugh:

At least you will recognise me if I ever come to Bucharest

gadjo_dilo
18th June 2014, 14:16
I've already seen you in Piata Romana. You probably tried to travel incognito.

Tazio
18th June 2014, 15:12
One can never figure fore taste, perhaps those two like their solitude.
BTW Sylvester Stallone, Ted Turner, Christopher Lambert, and Luciano Benetton own property in Patagonia.

airshifter
18th June 2014, 18:44
One can never figure fore taste, perhaps those two like their solitude.
BTW Sylvester Stallone, Ted Turner, Christopher Lambert, and Luciano Benetton own property in Patagonia.

It seems that Eki could not tame the madam? :)

gadjo_dilo
3rd July 2014, 12:39
Where is the forum's dj BleAivano?
Haven't seen his posts lately. :confused:

steveaki13
3rd July 2014, 14:07
No you are right, he hasn't been around for quite a while.

Another one gone?

Vivianita
7th July 2014, 05:48
As I recall, there was some sort of beauty contest a little after I first joined here. Girls were posting their pictures and going for votes, I believe. I don't remember who won or how it played out. I seem to remember it being innocent fun though. All I can really remember is people were trying to goad DemolicionChica into posting her pic and she wouldn't do it. Spoil sport!

I remember that! I was chosen the sexiest member of 2003 :P

BTW, no one misses me... :( But I do miss you and remember many of you: Mark, Drew, pino, ody, Erki, Eki, race aficinado, tinchote, donkey jote, veeten, Daniel (I always remember his birthday as my birthday is the day before of his), Tina... Anyway, hi to all of you!

gadjo_dilo
7th July 2014, 05:59
. I should have missed you if I were a member then.
Sad that even the sexiest girl could become forgetable on this forum......

BTW, who was voted the sexiest guy? :devil:

donKey jote
7th July 2014, 06:33

BTW, no one misses me... :( But I do miss you and remember many of you: Mark, Drew, pino, ody, Erki, Eki, race aficinado, tinchote, donkey jote, veeten, Daniel (I always remember his birthday as my birthday is the day before of his), Tina... Anyway, hi to all of you!
Vivi !!! :wave: :kiss: !!!

airshifter
7th July 2014, 06:34

I would feel guilty about not putting your name on the list, but since you didn't mention remembering me I have a clear conscience! I do actually remember you, as well as lots of others from that period of time.

What is it with these long periods away? As a former forums sexiest winner we expect an explanation! :)

Probably half the names you mentioned aren't around any more. We assumed that after you and Eki got married you moved near Andrea and Oily Oaf and quit coming to the forums as you were drinking wine every night instead.

airshifter
7th July 2014, 06:38
. I should have missed you if I were a member then.
Sad that even the sexiest girl could become forgetable on this forum......

BTW, who was voted the sexiest guy? :devil:

I had no idea you missed all those contests. Nor did I have any idea that you have obviously never seen a photo of me. As soon as all the other guys heard I was going to enter, they all conceded defeat. :laugh:

I don't know that they ever really had a mens forum sexiest.... women generally want to see more skin in the photos and most of us are shy.

donKey jote
7th July 2014, 06:46
IWe assumed that after you and Eki got married...
I thought she had married jso and they were both living happily ever after on the Bolivian riviera :sailor:

gadjo_dilo
7th July 2014, 08:04
I had no idea you missed all those contests. Nor did I have any idea that you have obviously never seen a photo of me. As soon as all the other guys heard I was going to enter, they all conceded defeat. :laugh:.

To be honest I wasn't a member but I was a guest and know about those contests. I can't remember any figure but one ( because he posted a photo with a celebrity :p). Anyway it's in vain to look at members pics cos as I've said before each of you has a certain representation on my mind based on nicknames and posts.

I don't know that they ever really had a mens forum sexiest.... women generally want to see more skin in the photos and most of us are shy.
There's certainly one who's not shy at all and posts narcissistic mirrored pics of himself. :laugh:

donKey jote
7th July 2014, 08:08
Come to think of it... whatever happened to crocodile tears ?

Jag_Warrior
7th July 2014, 08:51

Well, this is pretty amazing. Welcome back!

And don't feel sad because you think no one misses you. I bet the people who voted for you (and if you were the one with the sexy pictures, I was probably one of those people :)) miss you. People have encouraged me to go away for 2, 3, 5 or 10 years and they've promised that they would miss me too. I was going to try that, but then I realized that they just didn't like me and were trying to get rid of me. :mad:

Even though we tended to get on each other's nerves sometimes, I really miss Daniel too. From posting claims that he now works for Apple Computer testing new iPhone models (he hates all things Apple) to him selling his Fiat 500 and buying a BMW 3 Series (I think he hates Bimmers as much as Apple Computer), I've tried everything to goad him back here - so far, no luck. Tell ya what I'll do... I'll send him a PM and tell him you're back, and I just bet that he'll mysteriously reappear. It's worth a try anyway.

Hang around. Help us get this place going again. Too many people have left this forum for SpaceBook, MyFace and Tweeter. That social media stuff is just a passing fad... trust me. Just like cars. It's just a matter of time before the horse & buggy makes a strong comeback.

BTW, on a more serious note, were you a big Juan Pablo Montoya fan back then? Being a big Montoya fan myself, I probably remember you as much from that as from the contest.

Come back if you can. If not, still be well. :wave:

Storm
7th July 2014, 08:54
hey Vivi :wave:

I did vote for you back then :p:

welcome back...and I guess it was your b'day yesterday?? since Daniel is celebrating his today :) Feliz Cumple !!

pino
7th July 2014, 10:10
Ciao Vivi :wave: you are back ??? :eek:

What a great time that was, so so glad to hear from you again :kiss: Are you here to stay ? Can't wait to see another pic of you, as you are today :p:

steveaki13
7th July 2014, 10:41
I wasn't a member back then, so I reckon I need a picture to make sure all this talk isn't just nonsense. ;)

Anyway Nice to see an old member back whatever. Welcome back. Please stay around. :wave:

Azumanga Davo
7th July 2014, 11:33
Oh good, a forum I joined years ago that hasn't died. Yay. :D

steveaki13
7th July 2014, 11:42
Hi.

Must have been something I said, you last posted 2 months after I joined.

Welcome back anyway :)

airshifter
7th July 2014, 15:26
To be honest I wasn't a member but I was a guest and know about those contests. I can't remember any figure but one ( because he posted a photo with a celebrity :p). Anyway it's in vain to look at members pics cos as I've said before each of you has a certain representation on my mind based on nicknames and posts.

There's certainly one who's not shy at all and posts narcissistic mirrored pics of himself. :laugh:

It is interesting how you draw a mental picture of people from their forum posts. Often wrong, but interesting!

Speaking of celebrities, IMetMeatLoaf is another we should add to the list!

As for the vain pics in the mirror.... I must have missed something there.

Starter
7th July 2014, 15:48
As for the vain pics in the mirror.... I must have missed something there.
That's a reflection on how much attention you were paying.

Vivianita
12th July 2014, 02:48
What is it with these long periods away? As a former forums sexiest winner we expect an explanation! :)

When I lost all my sexiness, I thought I would be banned if I'd came back :p: Not really (well, the part about the gone sexiness, quite true), to be honest, I just had so many things to do and so many things changed that I didn't had the time to come back anymore.

Vivianita
12th July 2014, 02:50
Vivi !!! :wave: :kiss: !!!

Hi, dear! :wave:

Vivianita
12th July 2014, 02:52
BTW, on a more serious note, were you a big Juan Pablo Montoya fan back then? Being a big Montoya fan myself, I probably remember you as much from that as from the contest.

Come back if you can. If not, still be well. :wave:

Sure I was! I think that was also a reason for not coming back. When JPM left F1, I just stopped watching it, thus left forum.

Vivianita
12th July 2014, 02:55
@Storm: Hey Storm! :wave:

Your vote was highly appreciated, for sure. And yes, it was my birthday.... THANKS!

@pino: Hey, pino! I'm glad to hear again about all of you, guys! I hope I can come more often around here! About the picture... all beauty is gone, maybe in halloween I'll show some pics :p:

BTW, Why can I only use 4 smilies... I can't quote enough or use enough smilies... :(

airshifter
12th July 2014, 05:50
Vivi,

As for the loss of sexiness I will default to the saying....

"This thread is useless without pics!" :laugh:

I do remember you being a JPM fan, and have to admit I started watching some NASCAR when he went there, and I'm now watching Indy Car again since he is back there. If you were a JPM fan you should find some Indy Car coverage, it's well worth it.

Your return made me realize that back when the forums were busy, there were actually quite a few more female forum members in the mix too, and stirred up some names that I don't know if anyone has mentioned yet in this thread.

Does anyone remember Christina (Aussie IIRC), and/or Bebee (I think she was also Butterflyqueen or something)?

Jag_Warrior
12th July 2014, 17:42
Sure I was! I think that was also a reason for not coming back. When JPM left F1, I just stopped watching it, thus left forum.

Yeah, I can understand that. Back in the day, Juan brought excitement to whatever series he was driving in. The only thing I was hoping for in NASCAR was that he'd win at least one oval race in the Sprint Cup Series before retiring/leaving. And I really think that if he'd been with someone other than Ganassi in NASCAR (Childress, Hendrick, etc.), I think he'd have won at least a couple of oval races. If not for bad luck, bad strategy and bad calls, he'd have won the Brickyard 400 at least twice that I can think of. Hopefully he'll win Le Mans at some point.

Great career though. I can be happy enough about that.

steveaki13
9th August 2014, 10:18
I have asked this a couple of times, but where is 555? He returned in a blaze of South African glory. Now nothing for 6 months.

Also people keeping saying to me Knock on will be back. Unless I am being very stupid, he is not back. :(

henners88
9th August 2014, 10:36
ioan and knock on have both disappeared in the last year or two. Both got tired of this place it seems. I'm sure they will visit again but this place is too quiet these days and just ticks along with a fraction of the previous activity.

steveaki13
9th August 2014, 10:40
I hear you Henners

Gadjo & I have been talking amongst ourselves for about 2 days on the word games forum. :p

henners88
9th August 2014, 10:49
Its so quiet I might consider moving to Australia or at least pretend I have lol. Yeah my F1 discussing has diminished too in recent years. If I visit forums these days it's for other interests. The sport isn't overly interested in attracting me any more and I tend to catch up on races having already learned the result the day before! My diehard fan days are well and truly over sadly and even my favourite driver fighting for the championship isn't enough. :)

steveaki13
9th August 2014, 11:08
Sad indeed :(

gadjo_dilo
9th August 2014, 11:11
Henners.....
You're getting old.......:eek:

pino
9th August 2014, 11:12
Hate saying this, but I
agree with you guys ;(

gadjo_dilo
9th August 2014, 11:14
I hear you Henners

Gadjo & I have been talking amongst ourselves for about 2 days on the word games forum. :p
If you find it weird I could call you up. :laugh:

gadjo_dilo
9th August 2014, 11:15
I miss Ioan.
He was always ready for a good fight.:p

steveaki13
9th August 2014, 11:15
I just said on the word game forum.

I was reading the motorsport forum facebook page and quite a few people in the last year have liked posts updated and follow it on facebook and yet not many of those appear around here. :(

Mind you they obviously have real names up there, so I don't know who they are username wise. Except someone called Pino and Dave B who use there names on here. ;)

steveaki13
9th August 2014, 11:16
If you find it weird I could call you up. :laugh:

My number is 07********* :D

gadjo_dilo
9th August 2014, 11:22
OK. I'll call you. You'll get my call in the next 10 years when I'll match the combination. :laugh:

henners88
9th August 2014, 11:39
I haven't bothered with the forum Facebook page I must admit. I think the F1 section has got very heated in the past and it puts people off. I had a 3 month break from it last year after myself and knock on were criticised for a debate with a banned member who several defended, before they were amusingly banned again! lol... It was a good thing though as it put stuff into perspective for me. Knock on hasn't returned and maybe that's a good thing for him? If he wasn't enjoying the place there is no point putting yourself through the crap. If only we could multiply the nice guys like yourselves ;)

airshifter
10th August 2014, 03:06
My number is 07********* :D

I just want you to know Gadjo, I would never do that to you. I would give you Steves proper and full number the first time. :)

gadjo_dilo
10th August 2014, 03:16
Don't need it anymore.. We spoke today a few pages on Word Games and I don't think there's anything else to say.
As for trying all those combinations - it would be a good preoccupation for the hot summer nights when I can't sleep and don't have what to do. :p

airshifter
10th August 2014, 04:04
Don't need it anymore.. We spoke today a few pages on Word Games and I don't think there's anything else to say.
As for trying all those combinations - it would be a good preoccupation for the hot summer nights when I can't sleep and don't have what to do. :p

In that case it appears things are already over between you and Steve. It sounds like an old married couple... nothing left to say! But if you try all those numbers finding the combination, maybe someone else will have more to say.

gadjo_dilo
10th August 2014, 07:39
Ha ha...I bet Steve was praying that a third person would interrupt our all day . dialogue.When D-Type finally did it he took the chance to go to sleep. :p

Now seriously Steve is the kind of friend I wish I have in real life. The kind who stays by your side not only when everything is fine and we have a laugh but also when you're in trouble and these days are really hard for me. I don't know what I should have done yesterday without his help. Generally my friends whenever detect a bit of complication are nowhere to be found.
There's also a forumer who although doesn't usually interact with me was able to read between the threads and understood I'm not OK and is very supportive on PM's.
That's why I'm happy I met them and I wish I'll never have to come here to ask ''whatever happened to... ?".

henners88
10th August 2014, 08:02
A few of us were supportive of you in the forum too a while back, I know I was. I hope you took it as being sincere and not just discussion.

gadjo_dilo
10th August 2014, 08:35
Yeah Henners, I remember that. You were very nice as well as Starter and Airshifter and I thank you again Sorry if you thought that my post above is about friends on the forums, it's not. I don't even have expectations from unknown people to share my problems, esp when we don't talk on regular bases. Maybe my English can't express exactly my feelings. It was more of appreciating that unknown people may understand you better and read your thoughts than the people in real life. I mentioned only those two because after 7 months they still use to ask me how I cope with this situation and I think it's really great. BTW these days I was upset from a different reason that added to the old one and makes my life impossible ( don't worry, I'm still a surviver}
Don't worry, I have a great memory and In case you'll ever disappear I'll also ask whatever happened to you. Hope it won't be the case.....

steveaki13
10th August 2014, 09:05
Ha ha...I bet he was praying that a third person would interrupt our all day . dialogue.When D-Type finally did it he took the chance to go to sleep. :p

Now seriously Steve is the kind of friend I wish I have in real life. The kind who stays by your side not only when everything is fine and we have a laugh but also when you're in trouble and these days are really hard for me. I don't know what I should have done yesterday without his help. Generally my friends whenever detect a bit of complication are nowhere to be found.
There's also a forumer who although doesn't usually interact with me was able to read between the threads and understood I'm not OK and is very supportive on PM's.
That's why I'm happy I met them and I wish I'll never have to come here to ask ''whatever happened to... ?".

:):wave:

gadjo_dilo
10th August 2014, 09:14
:kiss:

Dave B
13th August 2014, 21:16
Speaking of celebrities, IMetMeatLoaf is another we should add to the list!

Hello :wave:
IMetMeatLoaf recently renewed her wedding vows in Las Vegas, with a certain Marvin Aday in attendance!

Tazio
13th August 2014, 21:29
Yeah Henners, I remember that. You were very nice as well as Starter and Airshifter and I thank you again Sorry if you thought that my post above is about friends on the forums, it's not. I don't even have expectations from unknown people to share my problems, esp when we don't talk on regular bases. Maybe my English can't express exactly my feelings. It was more of appreciating that unknown people may understand you better and read your thoughts than the people in real life. I mentioned only those two because after 7 months they still use to ask me how I cope with this situation and I think it's really great. BTW these days I was upset from a different reason that added to the old one and makes my life impossible ( don't worry, I'm still a surviver}
Don't worry, I have a great memory and In case you'll ever disappear I'll also ask whatever happened to you. Hope it won't be the case.....I hate Ionie for what he did to you :angryfire :angel:

gadjo_dilo
13th August 2014, 22:02
I hate Ionie for what he did to you :angryfire :angel:
I don't know what you're talking about. As usual......:s

steveaki13
13th August 2014, 22:16
I don't know what you're talking about. As usual......:s

Who does :p

airshifter
14th August 2014, 12:38
Hello :wave:
IMetMeatLoaf recently renewed her wedding vows in Las Vegas, with a certain Marvin Aday in attendance!

So.... the obsession continues!

555-04Q2
20th August 2014, 14:42
I have asked this a couple of times, but where is 555? He returned in a blaze of South African glory. Now nothing for 6 months.

Also people keeping saying to me Knock on will be back. Unless I am being very stupid, he is not back. :(

Howzit :wave:

I'm still alive and kicking thanks! Just been hectic busy this side with my business and my family so not much time for the forum this year :(

Will try and catch up with ya'll soon :D

gadjo_dilo
20th August 2014, 14:48
:wave: 555

I miss you. :kiss:
Hope to come back soon.
Word Games without "the south african" miss a lot of fun.

555-04Q2
20th August 2014, 15:06
:wave: 555

I miss you. :kiss:
Hope to come back soon.
Word Games without "the south african" miss a lot of fun.

schmenke
20th August 2014, 15:43
The Word Games forum has had more activity than Chit Chat :crazy:

Btw, welcome back 555!

donKey jote
20th August 2014, 17:32
High 555 :wave:

steveaki13
20th August 2014, 21:20
Triple 5 :bounce:

Nice to hear from you, hope its all going well and we catch up on here soon.

Knock-on
21st August 2014, 14:34
I haven't bothered with the forum Facebook page I must admit. I think the F1 section has got very heated in the past and it puts people off. I had a 3 month break from it last year after myself and knock on were criticised for a debate with a banned member who several defended, before they were amusingly banned again! lol... It was a good thing though as it put stuff into perspective for me. Knock on hasn't returned and maybe that's a good thing for him? If he wasn't enjoying the place there is no point putting yourself through the crap. If only we could multiply the nice guys like yourselves ;)

Hi there Henners. Just popped in for a glance and noticed this.

Yep, you're right. It was some immature members that get a kick out of provoking hostility rather than debate that convinced me I had better things to do with my time than indulge their games.

Also I wasn't happy with the tone of the forum from a moderation perspective. I believed it had become too sanitised with too much suppression of banter and subjects. For me, that was the death knell.

I pop my head round the corner every few months to consider different opinions and views on contentious issues from members (the first thing you should open is your mind) don't bother posting as I don't see the point anymore.

gadjo_dilo
21st August 2014, 15:08
:eek: Wow.....
The missing members start to say hello.
Yesterday 555
Today Knock on.

I just hope that tomorrow will come EuroTrol.

schmenke
21st August 2014, 15:28
...I just hope that tomorrow will come EuroTrol.

and Wade. :D

Storm
21st August 2014, 15:56
Eki

Bagwan
21st August 2014, 18:38

Yep, you're right. It was some immature members that get a kick out of provoking hostility rather than debate that convinced me I had better things to do with my time than indulge their games.

Also I wasn't happy with the tone of the forum from a moderation perspective. I believed it had become too sanitised with too much suppression of banter and subjects. For me, that was the death knell.

I pop my head round the corner every few months to consider different opinions and views on contentious issues from members (the first thing you should open is your mind) don't bother posting as I don't see the point anymore.

We miss you , Knock .

I don't get why you don't see the point any more , though .
The point before was that it was fun debating , wasn't it ?

It still is fun .
But , just not as fun because some of our valued members left .

Like you , for example .

It is worth it to work these things out .
We have lots about which to debate these days , and all our lost posters need to put in their two cents .
Bernie put in his hundred million , so now we have to do our part !

pino
21st August 2014, 18:56
Hello knockie :wave:

Now we only need, Andi, Campione Ferrari, tinchote, F1Guru, KateA, fizzcist, Gannex, Saint-Devote, etc...etc...

pino
21st August 2014, 18:57
Even Y-man :p:

steveaki13
21st August 2014, 19:47
Hi Knockie.

Great to read you again.

Hope you pop in again soon.

Storm
21st August 2014, 20:02

yeah! guess what, early this morning I got a call from a strange phone number and it turned out to be Y!man :o
He will be in my city soon so I will catch up with him :)

pino
21st August 2014, 20:02
Steve Gerard, where are you ? Miss you on football thread ;)

pino
21st August 2014, 20:03
Storm mate, when i visit you, i want to meet him ;)

steveaki13
21st August 2014, 20:17
Steve Gerard who is not me :D

schmenke
21st August 2014, 23:27
Carlmetro

Storm
22nd August 2014, 07:32
Storm mate, when i visit you, i want to meet him ;)

we can do that :p

henners88
22nd August 2014, 09:47

I hear you mate, it got very silly last year and some of the good people here got behind the wrong person I think and its damaged perceptions of each other. Good to see you drop in though, I try and post every few days to keep a presence but with F1 really not exciting me lately, its just a case of going through the motions.

Storm
22nd August 2014, 11:02
come back FP1 is on right now :)

pino
24th August 2014, 21:11
Daniel is back !!! :eek:

Storm
25th August 2014, 06:48
really? I was wondering where AFF is?

pino
25th August 2014, 06:59
He's still alive, just not posting here much, and mostly on WRC forum

steveaki13
25th August 2014, 10:43
Daniel is back !!! :eek:

I briefly saw him appear on the F1 forum yesterday, but only for a fleeting moment

Storm
1st September 2014, 08:55
I met Y!man a few days ago...He was visiting my city. :)
older but not that wiser :cheese: We did reminisce about our trip together with ody so many years ago..where's ody??

odykas
1st September 2014, 15:28
I met Y!man a few days ago...He was visiting my city. :)
older but not that wiser :cheese: We did reminisce about our trip together with ody so many years ago..where's ody??

I'm here ;(

Good to hear Y!man is fine :)

odykas
1st September 2014, 15:33

Don't play with fire :p:

pino
1st September 2014, 16:00
Don't play with fire :p:

I am used to it :p:

A.F.F.
1st September 2014, 22:29
really? I was wondering where AFF is?

He's still alive, just not posting here much, and mostly on WRC forum

And the reason for that is my little girl. I simply don't have time to sit down and read the forum. I would if I could use my iPhone but these days my eyesight is so poor that I just can't read the frigging font not to mention write something!!!

But am I wrong when I say that not much seem to happen here novadays?? Has the party moved some place else?

Oh, and nice to see you storm and paesano :wave:

Storm
2nd September 2014, 07:00
yeah it seems to be very quiet although us oldies are still sticking around :)

Knock-on
19th September 2014, 00:58
yeah it seems to be very quiet although us oldies are still sticking around :)

Some old skins hide around corners :x

(Hows the better half?)

Storm
23rd September 2014, 10:03
definitely still the better half and enjoying being a mom ;)

steveaki13
5th October 2014, 21:18
I guess he has just been too busy and had enough for a while, but Henners has not been here since 2nd September :(

I am a member of another forum for motorsport (Traitor I know but I have only posted about 150 times) and he has not been on there since August.

Henners has been driven away :(

gadjo_dilo
5th October 2014, 22:16
Why don't you send him a PM?

pino
5th October 2014, 22:28
He's still reading the forum, soon he will also start posting again ;)

steveaki13
5th October 2014, 22:41
Why don't you send him a PM?

I did about a month ago :(

steveaki13
5th October 2014, 22:42
Hope so Pino.

Anyway as long as he is well, thats cool. He has a busy life these days.

pino
5th October 2014, 22:45
I garantee, he's fine :)

gadjo_dilo
5th October 2014, 22:48
He's still reading the forum, soon he will also start posting again ;)
Why should we believe you? You already fooled us about EuroTrol.....:s

pino
5th October 2014, 22:53
First of all, none force you to believe me. Second, Euro Troll, he is posting on the forum !

steveaki13
5th October 2014, 23:00
I am not him though :confused:;)

Storm
6th October 2014, 07:06
Where is EuroStud? I mean his new name on here?

steveaki13
6th October 2014, 07:59
No one ever tells us ill informed.

Who could it be?

gadjo_dilo
6th October 2014, 08:11
It's Steve using 2 nicknames. One for posting and one for just reading and having a secret correspondence with pino. :laugh: :devil:

Storm
6th October 2014, 08:41
nah unless he is a zebra or wears a black + white jersey all the time, he cannot have any secret correspondence with pino :p:

gadjo_dilo
6th October 2014, 08:49
I think he wears only blaugrana shirts......:devil:

pino
6th October 2014, 09:46
I have already ask him if I can reveal his new identity, he didn't reply me. Not going to ask him again...

gadjo_dilo
6th October 2014, 09:50
Are you sure it's not anybody else pretending to be EuroTroll?
It's not his style to be so quiet.....

pino
6th October 2014, 10:03
Yes I am sure !

airshifter
6th October 2014, 13:13
People changing names always confused me. I can't keep track of which people have done it and which names I remember.

donKey jote
6th October 2014, 17:24
First of all, none force you to believe me. Second, Euro Troll, he is posting on the forum !
TBN, I knew it ! :laugh: :andrea:

studiose_2
7th October 2014, 18:04
Hi guys!

Thanks for remembering me! :) By "me", I mean "Studiose" and "EuroTroll" and whatever else was in between...

Let me start by dropping a virtual bucket of ice water on dear Pino for erroneously, delusionally, libelously claiming that I have been posting on this forum under a new alias. This is not true. I haven't posted for a few years now, although I do occasionally view the forum to see what the hot topics are in F1 and the WRC. I checked in again today to see what the latest was on Jules Bianchi. :(

The reason I stopped posting was really a few silly arguments that I probably started myself. Out of spite, I sometimes chose positions that were really silly, and on reflection couldn't continue to maintain without feeling like a right prat. :D I did like to troll a bit, it must be said, but trolling usually ends in... well, shame really. But now that a suitable amount of time has passed, and many misdeeds have been forgotten, perhaps I could post here again from time to time.

So, how have you been? :wave:

gadjo_dilo
7th October 2014, 18:22
Let me start by dropping a virtual bucket of ice water on dear Pino for erroneously, delusionally, libelously claiming that I have been posting on this forum under a new alias. This is not true. I haven't posted for a few years now, although I do occasionally view the forum
Then from now on I shall call him Pinocchio. :devil:

Mark
7th October 2014, 18:25
Well that was the name of his pizzeria!

gadjo_dilo
7th October 2014, 18:31
I'm not sure if studiose_2 is not an imposter or even a pino's joke. Studiose_2 is different and I shall test him before becoming happy that he's back.

steveaki13
7th October 2014, 19:00
haha maybe its Pino messing with us. :confused:

Or maybe its me Gadjo :devil:

Otherwise it may just be Euro Troll. :)

If it is you Euro Troll its nice to read you again.

I always remember some fun debates with you back a couple of years. Hope to see you around again

PS - If its not Pino, What the hell man................ You messing with our minds :p

gadjo_dilo
7th October 2014, 19:23
Or maybe its me Gadjo :devil:

I've also noticed a forumer called SteveA. Is it you again? :devil:

Storm
7th October 2014, 20:15
pretty sure he was around before steveaki ;)

steveaki13
7th October 2014, 20:35
Yep. I saw a SteveA on the member list. A member way before I rocked up as aki13.

steveaki13
12th October 2014, 17:54
Any sign of Wedge lately?

He seemed to have had enough of some of the antics on here, which is a shame.

gadjo_dilo
4th November 2014, 20:25
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/11/04/afb0ff01827c335e64ca3792481cfb97.jpg
:eek:
A few minutes ago....
:confused:

odykas
4th November 2014, 21:03
Storm online instead of working :p:

Storm
5th November 2014, 07:39
Race Afi was here !!

donKey jote
5th November 2014, 18:19
Race !!! :wave: :wave: :wave:

fizzicist
23rd November 2014, 22:11
I'm not dead either.

Married (KateA who became KateB), now have 2 kids, mortgage etc. Someone pressed fast forward on life in 2004 and I don't really know what happened after that.

Anyone know what became of iamthelizardking? Corrine Day?

steveaki13
23rd November 2014, 23:01
I'm not dead either.

Married (KateA who became KateB), now have 2 kids, mortgage etc. Someone pressed fast forward on life in 2004 and I don't really know what happened after that.

Anyone know what became of iamthelizardking? Corrine Day?

Welcome back. I looked at your post history and 3 in 4 years is very mysterious :D

fizzicist
23rd November 2014, 23:40
No mystery, more a case of when I've had time to sit down and think 'I wonder what's happening there'

pino
25th November 2014, 08:44
Hello fizz, two kids ? Wow congrats to you guys :up: nice to learn you guys are well. Say hello to Kate from me :)

Roamy
26th November 2014, 20:06
I am still kicking but am definetly on the back nine

Storm
27th November 2014, 06:48

:wave: We met all the way back in 2004, can't believe it's been 10 years!
Say hello to the lovely KateA for me will you :)

Jag_Warrior
1st December 2014, 03:18
People changing names always confused me. I can't keep track of which people have done it and which names I remember.

Yeah, we shouldn't do that. Just to clear things up, most of you knew me as DanicaFan.

I can prove that, by the way. I have 3762 pictures of me with her at IRL and NASCAR races... shortly before she got the restraining order. I've been well. Once I got out of the home, I got it together. And things are going well now. Thank you for asking. Hardly ever hear a voice (without there being a person in the room) anymore.

pino
1st December 2014, 13:28
Yes you guys shouldn't chance username !!! ;)

Firstgear
1st December 2014, 15:51
Yeah, we shouldn't do that. Just to clear things up, most of you knew me as DanicaFan.

I can prove that, by the way. I have 3762 pictures of me with her at IRL and NASCAR races... shortly before she got the restraining order. I've been well. Once I got out of the home, I got it together. And things are going well now. Thank you for asking. Hardly ever hear a voice (without there being a person in the room) anymore.

You're joking right? I thought you used to be Wade91.

Tazio
1st December 2014, 16:32
Dawg, what ever happened to "The Book"

Jag_Warrior
1st December 2014, 16:32

It was a delicate balancing act. As the electroshock therapy began to take hold, things changed, names changed, lights out time at the home changed...

henners88
1st December 2014, 20:13
Wade was killed when his love of jumping on neighbours car bonnets took a tragic turn back in 2012. Our old friend ioan was travelling through Hicksville in his beloved Renault Espace and unfortunately ran Wade down when he bounced off his bonnet and slid under the wheels. Not realising it was Wade he'd hit he reversed up and ran over Wade again, delivering the fatal blow. It was a sad incident to witness for Wades 14 brothers and 6 sisters and ioan is now counting down the years in the State penitentiary. Just thought you should all know.

N. Jones
1st December 2014, 21:14
I wonder where a lot of people went....
Bagwan, Thor, ArrowsFA1, and all of the people who used to be in FGP.

Wha' Happened?????

henners88
1st December 2014, 21:34
I spoke to ArrowsFA1 a while back and he still reads here from time to time but decided to stop contributing because of nastiness that occurred in the F1 section. He hasn't been active for a couple of years now that I know of? Bagwan is still here.

Firstgear
1st December 2014, 22:24
Dawg, what ever happened to "The Book"
After finishing it, I tried passing it along but there were no takers. Then I pretty much forgot about it. Maybe I can pass it along to the FGP winner - or do you have another suggestion?

Tazio
2nd December 2014, 07:45
No worries FG, at least you tried. :cool:

airshifter
2nd December 2014, 13:22
No worries FG, at least you tried. :cool:

Are you talking about the Pickems book?

Speaking of "whatever happened to..."... whatever happened to the FGP trophy? I remember it, but can't remember what year it was. A forum member actually made a trophy that was to be passed to the next FGP winner every year. I just can't remember who made it, and don't want to wade through all those old posts to find out the picture might be gone!

Tazio
2nd December 2014, 13:39
Are you talking about the Pickems book? Yup!

Speaking of "whatever happened to..."... whatever happened to the FGP trophy? I remember it, but can't remember what year it was. A forum member actually made a trophy that was to be passed to the next FGP winner every year. I just can't remember who made it, and don't want to wade through all those old posts to find out the picture might be gone! Baggie made it, I have no idea what happened to it!

Firstgear
2nd December 2014, 15:25
Are you talking about the Pickems book?

Speaking of "whatever happened to..."... whatever happened to the FGP trophy? I remember it, but can't remember what year it was. A forum member actually made a trophy that was to be passed to the next FGP winner every year. I just can't remember who made it, and don't want to wade through all those old posts to find out the picture might be gone!
Are you interested in the book airshifter? It was an interesting book and I'd be glad to pass it along. Just PM me your mailing address.

Tazio
2nd December 2014, 16:36
:stareup: Like!