PDA

View Full Version : Driver of the day - Malaysian GP

jens
8th April 2007, 13:26
Probably both McLaren drivers would be the strongest candidates for that title.

But also honorable mentions to Heidfeld, Rosberg, Trulli, Wurz and Barrichello.

Ian McC
8th April 2007, 13:29
Four for me, Lewis, FA and Rosberg and Heidfeld

Nico is really starting to come good, I hope it continues :D

F1boat
8th April 2007, 14:42
Alonso. Out of questions.
He annihilated the other drivers.

Donney
8th April 2007, 15:09
Alonso for what this win meant to him and to the team, it may help to bring some faith in the possibility of fighting against the Ferraris.

Equally good and much more exciting Hamilton, what a race and what a driver!!!!

donKey jote
8th April 2007, 16:44
Massa was driver of the day, for all the wrong reasons :(

Wurz put in loads of neat passes in a Williams, to go from 19th to 9th :s hock:

Otherwise, what donney said :D

aryan
8th April 2007, 16:47
Alonso, Hamilton, NH and NR were the best. Alonso probably deserves to be called the best since he was the most stable of all and won the race.

Hamilton is exceptional for a rookie.

Good job by Wurz and Truli as well. AW didn't get any points, but considering his geabox failure in quali, I think he did a fantastic job. Massa can learn a bit overtaking techniques from him I guess.

Sir Frank has a good car and I believe good drivers, can he make a durable stable car which lasts the whole weekend now?

Garry Walker
8th April 2007, 17:53
Alonso. Out of questions.
He annihilated the other drivers.

No, his car did. Not to mention the team-orders he got help with.

Heidfeld is my driver of the day.

Viktory
8th April 2007, 17:56
Rosberg, Alonso, Heidfeld and Hamilton. In that order.

TMorel
8th April 2007, 18:46
Rosberg, Heidfeld, Wurtz and then Hamilton

I admit I don't like Kimi and Alonso so I'm pretending they aren't there
I'm loving this season so far with the mid field battles (but hating the TV directors who are missing all the real action)

ioan
8th April 2007, 19:05
Well given that FA was banking 1 second per lap on LH just for LH to reel him in after the first pitstop, it was clear that it was team orders so I would say that the driver of the day was Heidfeld, he managed to stay up there with the Ferraris in an inferior car.

Nikki Katz
8th April 2007, 19:34
I think that Hamilton did another great job, but he was basically outperformed by his teammate for the majority of the race so I'd have to give it to Alonso.
The only other driver that made much of an impression was Wurz, but that's largely due to bad qualifying, and he was out of the points anyway. Rosberg did another solid job, I hope they can keep it up and not break down next time.

raikk
8th April 2007, 20:51
Hamilton... 2nd race in Formula one.. 2nd place.. my driver of the race.. he handled the pressure of both Kimi and Massa like a vetren..

Mikeall
8th April 2007, 22:13
Alonso for dominating and also putting his teammate in his place. Although Hamilton is a rookie he's showed he's fast and no pushover, Alonso showed he still has that extra speed when it counts.

Hamilton was every impressive even under extreme pressure from Massa and being dehydrated near the end he still controlled the gap to Raikkonen to the finish.

Heidfeld drove consistently well and never gave Massa a chance.

Rosberg showed what a great talent he is winning his battle with Kubica with a pass on the track and keeping pace with Massa.

Wurz pulled off some great passes, particularly when he risked DC on the inside of him again...

Barrichello to passed Button on the track for a second race in a row to beat him after no one really expected him to be able to keep up with him this year (at least I didn't).

Corny
8th April 2007, 22:16
Alonso. Even while I'm not a fan of his.. he just did the perfect job today

ShiftingGears
9th April 2007, 00:49
Heidfeld - I like this guy. I hope he wins a race this year.
McLaren drivers - Alonso was absolutely untouchable, Hamilton completely compromised Ferraris strategy by getting in front of them at the first corner, and they couldn't get past him.
Rosberg also performed well, but he's suffering the 2006 Williams syndrome (car breaks after great drive)
Also Wurz simply because he overtook Coulthard around that outside of turn 4

jso1985
9th April 2007, 00:59
Start of the day: Both McLarens

Driver of the day: Heidfeld

Ranger
9th April 2007, 01:03
Alonso for his clinical demolition. The guy IMO is like Prost.
Hamilton for obvious reasons.
Heidfeld for holding off a considerably faster car smoothly.
Rosberg - until the notorious Williams gremlins revealed themselves.

Sleeper
9th April 2007, 02:05
Well given that FA was banking 1 second per lap on LH just for LH to reel him in after the first pitstop, it was clear that it was team orders so I would say that the driver of the day was Heidfeld, he managed to stay up there with the Ferraris in an inferior car.
Of course this would have had nothing to do with Hamilton having an oversteering car in the first section. I guess you missed the bit were the team changed the front wing settings to even out the balance.

F1boat
9th April 2007, 07:50
Actually I was impressed by Kimi as well. With limited engine he made a solid race.

wmcot
9th April 2007, 07:58
If I had to pick one driver, it would be Rosberg. I would have loved to see if he could have caught Massa and passed him, but unfortunately we all know what happened to his car...

Kevincal
9th April 2007, 08:14
Driver of the day would have to be Hamilton.

aryan
9th April 2007, 15:43
If I had to pick one driver, it would be Rosberg. I would have loved to see if he could have caught Massa and passed him, but unfortunately we all know what happened to his car...
He wasn't going to pass him, granted he was slowly closing in until they had to rev down the engine, but nevertheless it should be heartening for Williams to know that they can theoretically keep pace with Ferrari.

Mikeall
10th April 2007, 17:39
I've changed my mind.

Wurz had the best performance. He had to pass 5 people on track as quickly as possible to prevent the other cars pulling away too much which he did. As well as this, he had to catch Webber and drive fast enough to get ahead of him in the pitstops. Although it didn't make any difference to the points he still had to achieve a number of critical tasks to finish 9th.

However Hamilton is my driver of the day because by passing and holding off Massa and Raikkonen he gained himself points and took them away from Ferrari and prevented any pressure on Alonso. Maybe he didn't have the speed of his team mate or of the Ferraris over a race distance but he is only young but he maximised his race result with his racecraft.

The best start has to go to Fisichella though for making up four places to 8th.

rlenis
10th April 2007, 19:11
Hamilton