PDA

View Full Version : How much are my Autosport magazines worth?

Giuseppe F1
8th April 2007, 11:40
Silly question here - have recently been redecorating at home and so had to shuffle aload of things around, including my archives of Autosport Magazine.

Its a weekly and I have EVERY copy since 1988 and all are in immaculate condition so thats around 1,000 editions - a cousin of mine who was helping me decorate said the expected "You should stick em on Ebay" but I could never bare to part with them in all honesty.

The magazine costs £2.90 a week although the price did used to be lower than this and has steadily been increasing the pasy few years by around 10p year on year.

My cousins question did make me wonder though - I had never thought of them as any investment as such for any financial gain and as I said couldnt bare to get rid of them so its not an option.

Yet if anyone here is knowledgable of such things, how much could a collection such as this potentially be valued at to the right collecter??

BeansBeansBeans
8th April 2007, 11:55
To be honest Giuseppe, I don't think they will be worth a huge amount. I paid £5 on Ebay for about 3 years worth (1991-1994), so I think you'd be best off keeping them for now.

One way to raise money might be to pull out significant editions and package them together. ie - All the 'Green' covers to honour British success, or all Schumachers victories (a big package!)....etc