PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Rally of Finland / Art project about rallye fans

Lorenzo
22nd May 2013, 20:10
hello,

I'm a French photographer, based in Paris, and I'm starting a photo project on Rally fans during the Rally of Finland.
Two years ago, I had the opportunity to attend the Rally of Finland for few hours.
I loved the atmosphere, the people, the kindness and dedications of the rally fans on this specific rally.
So I decided to come back and take pictures.

Earlier this year, I was awarded an artist residency in Jyväskylä for the time of the rally so that I could focus on taking pictures.
So I'm going to be there during the time of the rally (and even slightly before).

The goal of the serie is to show and express the fan dedication to the rally and the pilots. And I think the rally of Finland will be the
perfect place for this photo serie ! So... I'm looking for fans willing to pose for me. I will take the pictures on location during the rally, wherever you are.
(well, mostly in the woods i guess !) I shoot with a quite big 4x5 inches camera... which add more difficulty to the project ! I only shoot one picture... and leave. So that's pretty easy and fast
(I don't follow you all around). The picture can be a full portrait or a detail, a tattoo, ... I can shoot day, and night.

The project is going to be exhibited in Jyväskylä, at the Center for Creative Photography, and in Helsinki.

You can see some of my work here : Lzo.fr
You can of course ask me anything about the project !

I do hope you could help me somehow with this photo serie !

Regards,
Lorenzö

rallye-vid
22nd May 2013, 20:48
Hi Lorenzö,

i'm not going to Finland but - your pictures are really nice!

Good luck :)

Lorenzo
23rd May 2013, 07:34
Hi Lorenzö,

i'm not going to Finland but - your pictures are really nice!

Good luck :)

Thanks ! If anyone going to the rally of Finland this summer is interested, just wave me !

jiipee64
23rd May 2013, 10:54
Thanks ! If anyone going to the rally of Finland this summer is interested, just wave me !

If You need tips I might be able to help.

I live in Jyväskylä.

Susiraja
23rd May 2013, 12:46
Your pictures are very nice.

We'll be driving in the extra class called Vetomies. We drive 4 stages with older Finnish group F cars on Saturday after the NORF drivers have driven the stages for the first time. Two BMWs one driven by Kihlman brothers and one driven by Heikkinen brothers.

If you need help (or otherwise be in contact) send me pm or email mattihe(atsignhere)gmail.com

Rallyper
23rd May 2013, 13:01
You should go out to the stages the night before the stage is on and take photos of the party going on all night long before stagetime. That´s an advice.

Mintexmemory
23rd May 2013, 13:09
You should go out to the stages the night before the stage is on and take photos of the party going on all night long before stagetime. That´s an advice.

Lots of Swedish guys in Viking helmets singing Abba songs around the campfires?

Rallyper
23rd May 2013, 17:37
Lots of Swedish guys in Viking helmets singing Abba songs around the campfires?

Hehe - of course... No, just kidding.

But an friendly atmosphere where people are gathering. Mostly finnish people but also norwegians, estonian and som swedish guys, including me.

But seriously, there a very nice and what should I say a lot of expectations in the air. And of course some beers and drinks as well.

Lorenzo
24th May 2013, 10:04
hello everyone,

thanks for the replies, and the ideas. I'm building my shooting schedule, and I guess there will be not so much sleeping involved... ;-)
If you have more ideas or more things that on rally fans would think about, do not hesitate to share ! You can PM me as, some of you already did !
A huge thanks ! I think this project is going to turn really good !

Rallyper
24th May 2013, 16:12
You should of course choose stages which are famous for the public. That´s where all poeple having parties the night before.

Lorenzo
26th May 2013, 12:02
You should of course choose stages which are famous for the public. That´s where all poeple having parties the night before.

All right Rallyper ! Could you tell me which stages are famous for people ? I was much more thinking about going where the strong-hearted fans are : directly in the woods, in spots that are a bit more off the mains roads and common places. Would you think it's a good idea ?

Rallyper
26th May 2013, 21:03
All right Rallyper ! Could you tell me which stages are famous for people ? I was much more thinking about going where the strong-hearted fans are : directly in the woods, in spots that are a bit more off the mains roads and common places. Would you think it's a good idea ?

One place for sure is the famous junction on Ouninpohja. That should be spot-on the night before. Other stages having much people staying the night before should be Lankamaa, Mökkiperä (at about 7 K) and Leustu (start and end of stage).