PDA

View Full Version : Hamilton argues with pit: "I cannot go any slower" & other great quotes from drivers

markabilly
20th May 2013, 05:19
Last race, I heard Hamiton arguing with the pits over the radio, " I can not go any slower"

To which someone (who was watching with me)who had more brains than him or his pit crew, said, "Liar, he could just stop and wait a few laps....

Then he whines about getting passed by a Williams and hunted down by a Caterham, about half way through the race, and his pit says, in a calm voice, "Keep the pace, the strategy is working. Repeat, the strategy is working."

When told to keep the force india car behind him at close to the end of the race, Rosberg says, what do you want me to do, save the tires or keep him behind......

However, the best remains from the last race from last year, when Kimi said, "Shut up. I know what I am doing. "

Perhaps the two merc drivers need to listen to kimi instead of their pit radios

I am sure there some other great quotes out there that I have missed

Koz
20th May 2013, 05:52
However, the best remains from the last race from last year, when Kimi said, "Shut up. I know what I am doing. "

Um, Abu Dhabi wasn't the last race last year, nor the second last race, but in fact the antepenultimate race. :o

greencroft
20th May 2013, 13:10
”OK, so, Fernando is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?”
(Rob Smedley to Felipe Massa, Hockenheim 2010)

Not sure that Felipe actually answered it other than pulling over to let Fernando through.

Dave B
20th May 2013, 14:07
Montoya, a few years ago: "F******* Raikkonen!"

Ranger
20th May 2013, 17:12
Montoya, a few years ago: "F******* Raikkonen!"

:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-zEnO_KwDg

I do miss Juan Pablo, he was a bit overrated and did throw away his talent a fair bit but he was always entertaining on and off the track.

MAX_THRUST
20th May 2013, 18:21
JPM was quality will neber forget how he pissed off Michael Andretii in Japan in Indy CArs. Sorry CART.

markabilly
26th May 2013, 06:02
Well not exactly driver to pit communication but more like driver to driver communiation

he gets caught up with Ralf (I think) as he exits the tunnel, spins , hits the wall and tries steering his busted car while it is going backward, but takes a short break to communicate with Ralf.

While the car is GOING BACKWARDS at a probable 85 to 95 mph......

http://users.skynet.be/jack555/2005/Alonso/Monaco2004_04.jpg

afterwards, he grabs the wheel again and continues to steer the car as best as he could---

(from the 2004 monaco GP)

Could not find a good video link to the accident

steveaki13
26th May 2013, 23:37
Yer I remember that. Ralf was slow with Gearbox issues and slowed in the tunnel and Alonso feeling he should have lifted before the tunnel was angry.