PDA

View Full Version : BMW Sauber

ojciec dyrektor
8th April 2007, 10:32
What's wrong with Kubica's car? Do NH has the same car or RK car is in developement phase? And why NH blocked RK in first corner? Asshole.

BeansBeansBeans
8th April 2007, 10:35
What's wrong with Kubica's car? Do NH has the same car or RK car is in developement phase? And why NH blocked RK in first corner? Asshole.

I think Heidfeld simply drove better.

Kubica has a promising future, but he has made a pretty lacklustre start to 2007, and as Martin Brundle pointed out, he makes an awful lot of mistakes.

Mind you, the same could be said of most rookies.

jens
8th April 2007, 10:36
Kubica had some kind of problem with front wing and that's all, what I noticed. Later in the race Robert made a spin as well, so rookie errors have not disappeared yet.

But on the contrary another wonderful race by Heidfeld - hope to see him on podium soon.

ojciec dyrektor
8th April 2007, 11:29
Maybe You didn't notice that RK had problems with gearbox in Australia and propably also in Malaysia. He also had a traction control problem. Maybe Brundle pointed a lot of mistakes but I don't think so. If Brundle is as good comentator as he was driver, then I won't listen to him.

The fact is that RK has problems in second GP in a row, while NH car was perfect.

Ian McC
8th April 2007, 11:33
He had technical problems again, I suggest we don't jump down his throat just yet, let's see what he can do when he gets a decent car.

truefan72
8th April 2007, 11:36
S*^# happens. just wasn't his day, both car and driver

philipbain
8th April 2007, 11:39
I frankly don't understand the Brundle comment, as Martin was always an exceptional driver (World Sportscar Champ back when that actually meant something, Le Mans Winner and he even won IROC against the best that the US had to offer) who never got the right opportunity in F1 for whatever reason - it must be remember that he was the man who took Senna down to the wire for the '83 British F3 title.

As for Kubica he was having problems with his traction control all day long and as a result he lost a lot of time and he also made a mistake late in the race but it must be remembered that Kubica is still very inexperienced, having moved from F3 to F1 testing then into a full time drive following JV's departure from Sauber. However in Kubica I see a potential superstar who, if his car keeps together, is more than capable of upsetting a lot of established names this season, particulary as the BMW Sauber has proven to be very competitive in the first 2 races.

nik
8th April 2007, 11:50
And why NH blocked RK in first corner? Asshole.

It's called a race! :rolleyes:

BeansBeansBeans
8th April 2007, 11:50
He had technical problems again, I suggest we don't jump down his throat just yet, let's see what he can do when he gets a decent car.

Who was jumping down his throat?

ojciec dyrektor
8th April 2007, 14:02
It's called a race! :rolleyes:
When Your position is safe and You shut the door your teammate, just because You want to, when You take unnecessary risk that both car can crash. Well, in my opinion it's stupidity.

Nick said: "In the first corner, Robert (Kubica) touched me. He apologized - this can happen. Luckily my car was not damaged". So or he is poor driver and didn't see him or he's asshole.

RK said: "I had a big problem, in fact, everything happened in my race today from the gearbox, to a puncture at the beginning of the race. The pace was really slow and it is better to forget this race quickly. However, we have shown when the car is working we are quick. For me in these two races the car was not working, so this is disappointing as the pace in testing was really good. In qualifying the pace was good, then in the race nothing worked. My main problem was braking stability, it was impossible to stop the car and I crossed the line at the end with many mistakes, I was locking, going straight and had oversteer. Also during the race we had no communication by radio.”
I wonder how will Brundle drive in his place. It's easy to criticize, especially when You have no idea about problems.

And what about that s%^& called gearbox. Is it the same for both drivers or not?

BeansBeansBeans
8th April 2007, 14:07
Robert Kubica must be on his way to becoming a superstar.

Look, he's even got his own Ioan ;)

ojciec dyrektor
8th April 2007, 14:13
I assume it's compliment. :)

ratonmacias
8th April 2007, 14:17

you know whats different between heidfields and kubicas car? the driver. last race it was noted that kubica stressed his gearbox more than heidfield with his violent driving style.

so the tire chewer now became a gearbox breaker too. btw i need a bulldozer operator at a construction site do you think he could do some earthmoving for me like he did at malaysia?

waitey
8th April 2007, 16:24
feel sorry for robert, hes my favourite driver and really hasn't had much luck at all since arriving in f1. has a bundle of talent and at such a young age you would think he has a BIG career in front of him. Is very quick but if you think about his career so far in f1, first race got disqualified after finishing 7th, took a risk with the dry tyres in Shanghai and it didn't pay off, and obviously Melbourne and again at Sepang. He was very quick at both melbourne and sepang and i think even maybe quicker than Nick but the car hasn't been there for him come the race. Don't worry, i'm sure his luck will come, these things happen and its only the 2nd race of the year. All the best to him though because he really deserves a good result.

aryan
8th April 2007, 18:11
you know whats different between heidfields and kubicas car? the driver. last race it was noted that kubica stressed his gearbox more than heidfield with his violent driving style.

so the tire chewer now became a gearbox breaker too. btw i need a bulldozer operator at a construction site do you think he could do some earthmoving for me like he did at malaysia?

Rat, you are being too harsh on the poor rookie, everyone talks about LH driving first time in Albert Park and Malaysia, well guess what? RK is also a rookie, it's his first time driving in these tracks as well.

Not the mention that he had a non-working TC all race, and lots of other problems as well, and even had to change the car's nose.

Granted, he seems to have too much an agressive style, and seemes to be wrecking the car too much, but give him some time, if a driver has raw speed, he will learn tyre management with time.

ratonmacias
8th April 2007, 19:08
Rat, you are being too harsh on the poor rookie, everyone talks about LH driving first time in Albert Park and Malaysia, well guess what? RK is also a rookie, it's his first time driving in these tracks as well.

Not the mention that he had a non-working TC all race, and lots of other problems as well, and even had to change the car's nose.

Granted, he seems to have too much an agressive style, and seemes to be wrecking the car too much, but give him some time, if a driver has raw speed, he will learn tyre management with time.

you know whats worse? the poor ******* wont get any better next year when tc is banned. the ninendo kids will have a difficult time next year.

was he also having tc trouble when nick out qualified him for the nth time? guess not.

ojciec dyrektor
8th April 2007, 22:33
Raton, I thought You know what You are writting. But now I wonder...
Please tell me, what driver has to do to stress halfautomatic gearbox? He hitted to hard in paddles? Or he hitted 1000 times more than NH? Gearbox normally lasts for all season. I assume, RK is the first man on Earth who can destroy gearbox in two races in a row!

ratonmacias
8th April 2007, 23:32
Raton, I thought You know what You are writting. But now I wonder...
Please tell me, what driver has to do to stress halfautomatic gearbox? He hitted to hard in paddles? Or he hitted 1000 times more than NH? Gearbox normally lasts for all season. I assume, RK is the first man on Earth who can destroy gearbox in two races in a row!

what was said at the time was that kubica did the same downshifts that nick did only with less time between them. placing more stress on the gearbox.

if you look at the news you will see a trend since testing that kubica is breaking more gearboxes than nick. perhaps he is overdriving the car? he is losing 7-1 in qualy hell jv was winning 7-5 that battle and still got shafted and is now losing 10-0 in points.

pressure must be high on kubicas side he only has the imola podium to show for himself and vettel is on the pipeline ready to replace any driver when mario says so.

how will mario be able to keep kubica if he keeps doing as badly?

ratonmacias
8th April 2007, 23:37

kubica is not a rookie at these tracks the way lewis is. kubica already drove all the tracks either as 3rd driver or race driver last year.

maybe he learns tyre management later and probably how to care for his car but i doubt he will be as fast then.

right now kubica is doing 100 meters dashes. the problem is he was signed up for the 2k race. he looks fast but not for enough time.

i think kubica overdrives the car.

jso1985
9th April 2007, 00:18
I think he's just being unlucky AND being a bit too agressive, bit like Massa on his early days, I'm not sure if you can overstress such automated stuff f1 cars have nowadays.

ratonmacias
9th April 2007, 01:01
I think he's just being unlucky AND being a bit too agressive, bit like Massa on his early days, I'm not sure if you can overstress such automated stuff f1 cars have nowadays.

you cant hide the sun with 2 fingers. kubica has been having trouble with the gearbox while nick hasnt neither has vettel so it must be kubicas driving style.

waitey
9th April 2007, 02:24
how about since none of us have the telemtry data in front of us, we don't start blaming someone saying they are destroying the gearbox. It's two races into the year and hes had some BAD LUCK with the car so far, give him a break, he has kept up with heidfeld quite easily in my opinion, if not almost faster, he was keeping up with heidfeld in melbourne easily and was on a much heavier fuel load, the guy is very quick, i don't think we can start calling him a car wrecker when we have no data in front of us. sometimes in motorracing things just go wrong and it's not always the driver's fault. I find it suprising that people don't recognise talent when they see it, this guy has loads of it, yet so many people are nailing into him.

Roamy
9th April 2007, 04:15
that jv developed car is quite fast - i imagine kubica will get past him soon
nick is balless.

leopard
9th April 2007, 05:05
I think he's just being unlucky AND being a bit too agressive, bit like Massa on his early days and maybe like Massa's teammate on his former team ;)

ojciec dyrektor
9th April 2007, 12:19
if you look at the news you will see a trend since testing that kubica is breaking more gearboxes than nick.

If Kubica is a "gearbox breaker" then he will never been in F1. He will break all the gearboxes in every car. You are still crying for JV and that is the only reason for accusing RK about everything. Meybe they had not communication by radio because RK stressed it too? ;)

Ranger
9th April 2007, 13:43
Regardless of mechanical failures on the BMW, the lack of points from Kubica from Monza onwards is starting to become intruiging. As a Raikkonen and Webber fan, I am cynical as to how a broken gearbox/transmission can be related to the fault of a driver.

But 2-0 to nick in terms of reliability problems in the race looks a bit suss.

I think his problem has just been bad luck. But I have to say when the Monza statistic came up in the broadcast, I immediately thought of Sato and his lack of points in 2005. Such a year isn't out of the equation for Kubica.

ratonmacias
9th April 2007, 15:59
If Kubica is a "gearbox breaker" then he will never been in F1. He will break all the gearboxes in every car. You are still crying for JV and that is the only reason for accusing RK about everything. Meybe they had not communication by radio because RK stressed it too? ;)
here you go my polish friend that doesnt want to see the light 5 reports that show kubica with car problems plus the last 2 races thats not coincidence kubica must be doing something wrong.

MY GUESS is that he OVERDRIVES the car to look good for a while and make people think he is a future talent.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/57011

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/56989

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/56967

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/56707

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/56728

when kubica doesnt drive no reliability problems...

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/56751

ojciec dyrektor
9th April 2007, 18:06
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/57011
RK and NH had problems and also Kovalainen.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/56989
Problems for Kubica, DC, JT, JB, dlR,

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/56967
Problems: LH, RK, GF, RS, DC, MW

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/56707
Problems: Massa, Raikkonen, Barrichello, Webber, and couple more drivers.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/56728
and here: both ferraris, both BMWs, Barrichello, Trulli, Rosberg and Albers.

And now tell me. What is testing? Why Kubica is car breaker? Are Coulthard, Webber, Massa or Barrichello car breaker too? Please past here all Kubica tests, not only with problems.

And again the same question. How it is possible to stress halfautomatic gearbox?

I think there is no need to discuss about it now. Let's wait till Bahrain my two days older italian friend. ;)

ratonmacias
9th April 2007, 18:35
RK and NH had problems and also Kovalainen.

Problems for Kubica, DC, JT, JB, dlR,

Problems: LH, RK, GF, RS, DC, MW

Problems: Massa, Raikkonen, Barrichello, Webber, and couple more drivers.

and here: both ferraris, both BMWs, Barrichello, Trulli, Rosberg and Albers.

And now tell me. What is testing? Why Kubica is car breaker? Are Coulthard, Webber, Massa or Barrichello car breaker too? Please past here all Kubica tests, not only with problems.

And again the same question. How it is possible to stress halfautomatic gearbox?

I think there is no need to discuss about it now. Let's wait till Bahrain my two days older italian friend. ;)

we are not talking about other teams just kubica vs heidfield who at least in theory receive the same equipment. and given the context in which kubica started to drive i assume he is wanted at the team.

i will tell you why kubica is a car breaker:
- he made mistakes at all the races he has raced but imola and australia. that places stress on all the components of the car.
- he had 5 days with car problems in the last 6 days of testing nick only had 2 days with problems.
- he has dnf´d 2 races this season while nick has finished both of them in the points.

he is clearly overdriving the car. nick has outqualified him 7-1 in their races and has outpointed him 20-6 it must certainly bug him to think jv was kicked out while doing way better than him.

if he keeps up like this his days are counted.

jens
9th April 2007, 19:50
Wow. Last year after Monza everyone was saying that oh Kubica is the next big thing and he's a WDC in the making and will humiliate Heidfeld next season etc.

Now - a few races later there already is some criticism on him. Well, IMO it's a bit early to talk about car braking. He has been a bit unlucky so far, but sooner or later his results will come. Although not impossible that Robert needs to push more on the limit to keep Nick's speed - you rarely see Nick making any errors, so he is not overdriving. It's never easy for a rookie to drive against a quick team-mate.

Roamy
10th April 2007, 14:29
fact - BMW made a stupid mistake because Mario is a puppet with no balls
fact - both young drivers at BMW have been pushed into the car way too early in their careers - it a german thing created by mario. I know RK is a pollock
fact - they are already talking about dumping nick for RS - what a blaze he is.
As long as Mario runs BMW they will continue to eat the droppings of McLaren

end of story

ioan
10th April 2007, 14:31
fact - BMW made a stupid mistake because Mario is a puppet with no balls
fact - both young drivers at BMW have been pushed into the car way too early in their careers - it a german thing created by mario. I know RK is a pollock
fact - they are already talking about dumping nick for RS - what a blaze he is.
As long as Mario runs BMW they will continue to eat the droppings of McLaren

end of story

Did it ever occur to you to think that maybe they will drop Kubica not Heidfeld?

Roamy
10th April 2007, 14:44
yes but that would be too logical, mario is a egotistical freak and kubica was brought in as his boy and I am sure he will stay there. He has already said RK makes nick driver faster which eludes to the fact he does not think Nick has the killer instinct required to win the WDC. He is probably right on that one. I rate Nick and Button about equal.

aryan
10th April 2007, 14:59
MY GUESS is that he OVERDRIVES the car to look good for a while and make people think he is a future talent.

Can someone tell me what overdriving a car means? I thought drivers were supposed to push to the limit, and it was the engineers' job to make a car which doesn't break. Or was I mistaken?

I know there are things a driver's driving style affects, like how much tyre he can save, but breaking a greabox by overdriving??? Give ma a break! (pun intended)

BeansBeansBeans
10th April 2007, 15:13
Can someone tell me what overdriving a car means? I thought drivers were supposed to push to the limit, and it was the engineers' job to make a car which doesn't break. Or was I mistaken?

To me, overdriving means driving consistently beyond the limitations of the driver and / or the car. For instance, Takuma Sato is often accussed of overdriving, causing him to make frequent mistakes.

Roamy
10th April 2007, 15:13
you have to drive the car they give you to the maximum potential. In the background you test to find the deficiancies of the car and the engineers proceed to shore up the car. This actually was a major fault of GV and probably Hunt and others. MS, Prost, Senna, Stewart. JV were probably the best at driving the car to its ultimate potential. Now the trick is to use these skills and couple them with your balls and PASS somebody!!

ratonmacias
10th April 2007, 15:50

I know there are things a driver's driving style affects, like how much tyre he can save, but breaking a greabox by overdriving??? Give ma a break! (pun intended)

thats the utopia of car racing a car that breaks down after it finishes 1st while the driver drives the crap out of it.

but in reality a driver must care for his car in order to help the engineers just like the engineers help he driver with better solutions.

ojciec dyrektor
10th April 2007, 16:39
To me, overdriving means driving consistently beyond the limitations of the driver and / or the car. For instance, Takuma Sato is often accussed of overdriving, causing him to make frequent mistakes.

I agree, overdriving causing driver errors, not breaking gearbox... twice. It is not manual gearbox which You can destroy in 1 hour when You're using it without a clutch. :)

Do You think Kubica is so dumb and even so he knows limitations he wrecks his car in every GP? Do You think such driver could have been in F1? I don't think so.

Let's wait till Bahrain.

BeansBeansBeans
10th April 2007, 17:03
Do You think Kubica is so dumb and even so he knows limitations he wrecks his car in every GP? Do You think such driver could have been in F1? I don't think so.

I don't think Kubica is dumb. I think he is a potential superstar.

ottostreet
10th April 2007, 19:02
wasn't kubica ahead of heidfeld in a comfortable 4th place at melbourne when he retired? Robert is a star in the making. yes, hes had mechanical woes, but then again, look at mclaren in 2005. kimis car seemed to break down every race, while jpm's didnt. which driver effortlessly finished ahead? people are being WAY too critical of robert. yes hes aggressive, yes he makes a few mistakes, but what rookie doesnt. it appears that even though the majority of people want to see "has-beens" like coulthard, schumacher, fisichella, trulli, barichello, wurz etc. gone and replaced with new exciting young rawly talented youngsters, if these youngsters dont win within five races, they are obviously not good enough and should be replaced with another new exciting young rawly talented youngster. get a grip lads, and let the boy develop a style, an approach, and mould his talent. instead of eating the head off him after his SEVENTH race.

Roamy
11th April 2007, 19:11
man read prix thiessen's article at autosport - man this guy has arrived at the ultimate Prix level along with richards

BitterBeer
11th April 2007, 21:37
wasn't kubica ahead of heidfeld in a comfortable 4th place at melbourne when he retired? Robert is a star in the making. yes, hes had mechanical woes, but then again, look at mclaren in 2005. kimis car seemed to break down every race, while jpm's didnt. which driver effortlessly finished ahead? people are being WAY too critical of robert. yes hes aggressive, yes he makes a few mistakes, but what rookie doesnt. it appears that even though the majority of people want to see "has-beens" like coulthard, schumacher, fisichella, trulli, barichello, wurz etc. gone and replaced with new exciting young rawly talented youngsters, if these youngsters dont win within five races, they are obviously not good enough and should be replaced with another new exciting young rawly talented youngster. get a grip lads, and let the boy develop a style, an approach, and mould his talent. instead of eating the head off him after his SEVENTH race.

+1

methinks JV fans are a bit pissed.
You know JV...the driver that quietly parks the car on the side of the track about the midway point of every GP. ;-)

leopard
12th April 2007, 03:50
It isn't wrong altogether to call Kubica a gearbox breaker, He as is Massa requires more reliable car than average, Kova seems have the same potency to be behind of them.
In some occasion if it works, driving aggressive like them is entertaining.

ratonmacias
12th April 2007, 14:41
+1

methinks JV fans are a bit pissed.
You know JV...the driver that quietly parks the car on the side of the track about the midway point of every GP. ;-)

its not that jv fans are bitter. but the way things were handled they made kubica look like the next coming. and the next coming has been outqualified 7-1 and outpointed 20-6 and has only finished 1 race ahead of his teammate.

Roamy
12th April 2007, 15:39
well in defense of the "Has Beens" It seems if the Beens are in a competitive car they are either winning or finishing high up the field. It use to be that 25 was a pretty good age to arrive at F1. This would allow for maturity and more experience. GP2 and Champ provide big power and high speed which is what should be required. Occassionally you have the exception. Many of the youngster have limited skills in passing so they tend to bull their way in rather than set up a proper pass. Actually even some older drivers do not alway practice a proper pass. So the real answer is to expand the field to as many as 28 cars and provide a excellent series of young and old. If you took all the teams made the competitive gap smaller added JV, MS, Sebastian, Dornbos, Andretti - we would have a hell of a season.

ojciec dyrektor
12th April 2007, 18:20
its not that jv fans are bitter. but the way things were handled they made kubica look like the next coming. and the next coming has been outqualified 7-1 and outpointed 20-6 and has only finished 1 race ahead of his teammate.

Kubica finished 3 races ahead of NH :) Brasil, Italy and Turkey 2006.

Here's another stats:
RK: GPs 8, wins: 0, pp: 0, podiums: 1, best result: 3
NH: GPs 120, wins: 0, pp: 1, podiums 5, best result: 2

so, comparing podiums, wins, pp or best results with numer of GPs it's very interesting, don't You think? ;p

I hope You will write down this stats at the end of the season when NH will be ahead of Robert only in number of GPs. :)

Greets!

jens
12th April 2007, 20:28
it appears that even though the majority of people want to see "has-beens" like coulthard, schumacher, fisichella, trulli, barichello, wurz etc. gone and replaced with new exciting young rawly talented youngsters, if these youngsters dont win within five races, they are obviously not good enough and should be replaced with another new exciting young rawly talented youngster.

So what is the concusion? We have too many good drivers in this world and all of them can't be in F1 at the same time! And people want to see all of those "good drivers" and their capabilities. Who is a bit older or who is young and his talent hasn't come out properly, then reaction is: "I've seen enough of him. I'd like to see others!" And so on, and so on... People quite quickly get bored of seeing the same faces...

Ranger
13th April 2007, 01:03
Kubica finished 3 races ahead of NH :) Brasil, Italy and Turkey 2006.

Here's another stats:
RK: GPs 8, wins: 0, pp: 0, podiums: 1, best result: 3
NH: GPs 120, wins: 0, pp: 1, podiums 5, best result: 2

so, comparing podiums, wins, pp or best results with numer of GPs it's very interesting, don't You think? ;p

I hope You will write down this stats at the end of the season when NH will be ahead of Robert only in number of GPs. :)

Greets!

Hardly a fair comparison, considering how much better the BMW is than any other Prost, Jordan, Sauber or Williams that Nick has driven 6 seasons with.

PS you better make that 2 races, Nick blew out of the Brazilian GP whilst ahead of Kubica.

Roamy
13th April 2007, 04:29
kubica is pretty fortunate to enter F1 with the team he did. The best way to look at NH or RK is how they perform against their teammate. so if someone has the info lets have a look

Ed
13th April 2007, 10:54
the problem with Kubica is that it is obvious for everyone to see that he has the speed and has already got a podium. However that not enough, he does make the odd mistake and a few more finishes woulnd t go admiss either. I hope he dosent turn out like another wurz, a driver who got speed and talent but never shows there true potential

As for Nick he's been good all seaso long. Still cant believe he satyed ahead of Massa. People say he a rubbish driver but I think he's a true racer. His quali pace may not be that good but if you look at 2005 anfd the end of last year were Kubica outqualified him, he would always beclose to histeam mates in the race after first few laps and often ahead at the end.

ojciec dyrektor
13th April 2007, 13:56
Hardly a fair comparison, considering how much better the BMW is than any other Prost, Jordan, Sauber or Williams that Nick has driven 6 seasons with.

PS you better make that 2 races, Nick blew out of the Brazilian GP whilst ahead of Kubica.

If so, Kubica was 4th, ahead of NH in Australia when he blew out. :)

By the way:
"In the Malaysian Grand Prix, the pair collided at the first corner, sparking Heidfeld's revelation after the race that Kubica had 'apologised' for the clash.
But Kubica told the Swiss newspaper Blick in Bahrain: "What I am supposed to have apologised for?
"Obviously Nick misunderstood my words."
Kubica's manager Daniele Morelli added: "There is nothing to be sorry about. Nick simply closed the door on Robert and they made contact."

http://www.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/070413083509.shtml

janneppi
15th April 2007, 20:33
Is it just me or does BMW focus more on carrying more speed into the straights as other top teams, we've seen Massa and Alonso stuck behind Heidi when they seem faster within a whole lap. AlsoKimi couldn't get near Alonso to get even a try today while Nick just breezed past him.

Are others thinking we'll be faster if we get past somehow and BMW thinks lets get past and try to stay ahead?

Erki
15th April 2007, 20:43
we've seen Massa and Alonso stuck behind Heidi

What to say...healthy straight men...I would do it too. :)

F1boat
15th April 2007, 20:50
BMW becomes a dark horse. They beated a Ferrai in Malaysia and a McLaren in Bahrain. This season is becoming more and more unpredictable.

jens
15th April 2007, 21:08
Magnificent job by Heidfeld, who made a marvellous manouver on Alonso and also managed to clearly beat his rookie team-mate. I wonder how much longer it takes, when most of the people realise that Heidi IS one of the top drivers...

Ed
15th April 2007, 23:11
yea well done hiedfeld today, not only did he get passed he stayed ahead aswell

jso1985
16th April 2007, 01:29
both BMW drivers had good races well done to them :up:

I find rather funny in the this thread that the only forumers who think Kubica is a car breaker and a crap driver are JV fans, wonder why? ;) seriously I'd like to know their opinion about Kubica if JV would have lost the seat to let's say Ide

ShiftingGears
16th April 2007, 02:23
Great race by Heidfeld, he's managed to beat at least one Ferrari or McLaren every race so far. We'll see how long it is before he grabs a podium.

ojciec dyrektor
18th April 2007, 12:48
BMW Sauber has finally solved a mechanical problem that severely hampered its pres-season test programme and the opening races of this year.

"It is fixed," Team Principal Mario Theissen, referring to the recurring hydraulic flaw in its new seamless gearbox, told the Swiss newspaper Blick.

The German said the problem was a materials defect from an external
supplier.

http://www.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/070418121102.shtml

So Raton, Kubica was overdriving his gearbox or it was a real problem. ;p

Ranger
18th April 2007, 14:13
http://www.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/070418121102.shtml

So Raton, Kubica was overdriving his gearbox or it was a real problem. ;p

Yep, it was a real problem.

But Kubica's now got Heidfeld to worry about... He was considerably outdone by Beard last weekend.

ojciec dyrektor
18th April 2007, 14:37
Yep, it was a real problem.

But Kubica's now got Heidfeld to worry about... He was considerably outdone by Beard last weekend.

As I wrote in other thread. First two GPs Kubica was driven in no 4 BMW car. Both was full of failures so RK changed his car and in Bahrain he's driven Team BMW 3rd car, which wasn't siuted in 100% for him. Even so he was good and stable. Until first pits he was little to slow, because the flap of fuel filler opened and he lost downforce.

In Spain he will have the same car. So let's hope it was only one failed car for BMW this season and let's wait till Monaco, when RK will have his own new car.

Greets!

Roamy
18th April 2007, 16:05
hey NH made headline news - why - because he finally passed somebody. The scary thing about this team is if they can't drive to the front they just may talk themselves to the front.

ioan
18th April 2007, 16:14
hey NH made headline news - why - because he finally passed somebody. The scary thing about this team is if they can't drive to the front they just may talk themselves to the front.

Still sour because of JV getting the boot?! Give up fousto, the guy was no good anymore, only a shadow of his first 2 years in F1.
Button beat him at BAR.
Massa beat him at Sauber.
And than Heidfeld at BMW.
he's better off selling those 1500 CDs! :D

Roamy
18th April 2007, 16:28
It is not about JV Ioan - it is about Class, Dignity, Honor, Committment, respect, - non of which Thiessen possesses. Just look Nick is now on the chopping block and being strung along. - I hope Nick signs for a new team very shortly. Maybe one day you will get thrown under the bus by some power hungry asshole and get a clue. The reason this guy is stumbling about is that Ralf is doing horrible and Nick is have a banner season.

ioan
18th April 2007, 17:42
It is not about JV Ioan - it is about Class, Dignity, Honor, Committment, respect, - non of which Thiessen possesses. Just look Nick is now on the chopping block and being strung along. - I hope Nick signs for a new team very shortly. Maybe one day you will get thrown under the bus by some power hungry asshole and get a clue. The reason this guy is stumbling about is that Ralf is doing horrible and Nick is have a banner season.

I feel the same about Nick, but I'm not sure he will get the boot. Theissen is not stupid.
I don't know about the rest but the commitment is there at BMW, they are 3rd fastest team by some margin and constantly improving. I think they became my 2nd favorite team at the moment, partly because of Nick whom I always rated highly.

Let's wait and see. BMW know that losing Heidfeld will have a negative influence on their development pace, plus he is fast and consistent, more so than Kubica.

janneppi
18th April 2007, 19:41
The reason "Can't pass" is being nominated for a BMW seat is because his brother quit the business, german newspapers have no-one to talk about so they have to invent things like Ralf to BMW, Nico to Ferrari...
I'd be very suprised that BMW would change Heidi to Ralf.

mirek01
18th April 2007, 21:50
I think there will be no changes in cocpits until 2009 but Mario will decide about this at the end of the season because he wants every driver to push to 100% to develop the car.If he decides early there will be no motivation.

dwf1
18th April 2007, 22:07
I just think Nick is better than Kubica! too much pressure has been piled on him since his monza podium and he crack and now is regaining his feet.....give him time and RK will be back up there but i still feel he will be behind nick.