PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Spanish Grand Prix Thread

Pages : [1] 2

steveaki13
6th May 2013, 09:16
Well yet another 3 week gap is coming towards an end and so with the lack of activity here this last week I felt it time to open this thread.

Drivers Championship after 4 Rounds

Sebastian Vettel - 77 pts[/*:m:3ctrpx0i]
Kimi Raikkonen - 67 pts[/*:m:3ctrpx0i]
Lewis Hamilton - 50 pts[/*:m:3ctrpx0i]
Fernando Alonso - 47 pts[/*:m:3ctrpx0i]
Mark Webber - 32 pts[/*:m:3ctrpx0i]
Felipe Massa - 30 pts[/*:m:3ctrpx0i]
Romain Grosjean - 26 pts[/*:m:3ctrpx0i]
Paul di Resta - 20 pts[/*:m:3ctrpx0i]
Nico Rosberg - 14 pts[/*:m:3ctrpx0i]
Jenson Button - 13 pts[/*:m:3ctrpx0i]
Sergio Perez - 10 pts[/*:m:3ctrpx0i]
Adrian Sutil - 6 pts[/*:m:3ctrpx0i]
Daniel Ricciardo - 6 pts[/*:m:3ctrpx0i]
Nico Hulkenberg - 5 pts[/*:m:3ctrpx0i]
Jean Eric Vergne - 1 pt[/*:m:3ctrpx0i]

Costructors Championship after 4 Rounds

Red Bull - 109 pts[/*:m:3ctrpx0i]
Lotus - 93 pts[/*:m:3ctrpx0i]
Ferrari - 77 pts[/*:m:3ctrpx0i]
Mercedes - 64 pts[/*:m:3ctrpx0i]
Force India - 26 pts[/*:m:3ctrpx0i]
Mclaren - 23 pts[/*:m:3ctrpx0i]
Toro Rosso - 7 pts[/*:m:3ctrpx0i]
Sauber - 5 pts[/*:m:3ctrpx0i]

2013 Spanish GP, Circuit de Catalunya, Montmelo, Spain

10th - 12th May

66 Laps

Previous Winners
1991: Nigel Mansell - Williams
1992: Nigel Mansell - Williams
1993: Alain Prost - Williams
1994: Damon Hill - Williams
1995: Michael Schumacher - Benetton
1996: Michael Schumacher - Ferrari
1997: Jacques Villeneuve - Williams
1998: Mika Hakkinen - Mclaren
1999: Mika Hakinen - Mclaren
2000: Mika Hakkinen - Mclaren
2001: Michael Schumacher - Ferrari
2002: Michael Schumacher - Ferrari
2003: Michael Schumacher - Ferrari
2004: Michael Schumacher - Ferrari
2005: Kimi Raikkonen - Mclaren
2006: Fernando Alonso - Renault
2007: Felipe Massa - Ferrari
2008: Kimi Raikkonen - Ferrari
2009: Jenson Button - Brawn
2010: Mark Webber - Red Bull
2011: Sebastian Vettel - Red Bull
2012: Pastor Maldonado - Williams

Most Wins
Michael Schumacher - 6 wins
Mika Hakkinen - 3 wins
Nigel Mansell - 2 wins
Kimi Raikkonen - 2 wins
Alain Prost - 1 win
Fernando Alonso - 1 win
Felipe Massa -1 win
Damon Hill - 1 win
Jacques Villeneuve - 1 win
Mark Webber - 1 win
Sebastian Vettel - 1 win
Pastor Maldonado - 1 win
Jenson Button - 1 win

Ferrari - 7 wins
Williams - 6 wins
Mclaren - 4 wins
Red Bull - 2 wins
Benetton - 1 win
Brawn - 1 win
Renault - 1 win

*So looking a those stats. Schumi has bossed it, an suprising that Alonso only has 1 win at home.

Oh well lets see what Catalunya holds this year.

dj_bytedisaster
6th May 2013, 09:37
*So looking a those stats. Schumi has bossed it, an suprising that Alonso only has 1 win at home.

And some of them were quite memorable, too. Who could forget the brutal trouncing he delivered to his peers in the torrential rain in 1996. I'm not sure we're ever going to see something like that again.
And I think it was here, too, where he inherited a win a few corners from home, when Häkkinen's McLaren went boom.

vhatever
6th May 2013, 10:02
Ahh, ya, Esp '96. One of the many races that showed us just how much trash Dumbass Hill and Jerkoff Vanilla were.

I suspect this race will come down to Vettel and Kimi, may the best tire nurser win.

henners88
6th May 2013, 10:59
In his prime Schumacher was a force to be reckoned with that's for sure. With recent results in mind though, I have to say at least the Williams drivers are safe in to turn one this year .. :p

I think Spain 2012 was Michael's most embarrassing race during his comeback years. He was lucky to escape a race ban after an moronic chicane cut on Hamilton during practice that very nearly saw a big accident. Frustration got the better of him and he was very lucky to get away with it. The Senna crash was just missing his breaking point, similar to Singapore. I thought it was harsh he got a penalty, but the practice antics meant it was eventually justified.

Anyway 2013, and I think too this will be Kimi's second victory of the season, or at least I hope. My pickems suggest Vettel but lets hope the Red Bull's destroy their tyres early on.

steveaki13
6th May 2013, 14:19
Remember 1994 too wasn't it when he finished second stuck in 5th gear or one gear anyway.

That was epic in 94 , then won 95 and then that win in 1996 was an impressive 3 years.

tfp
6th May 2013, 20:20
Ahh, ya, Esp '96. One of the many races that showed us just how much trash Dumbass Hill and Jerkoff Vanilla were.

Haha, hello vhatever ;)

Kuningas
7th May 2013, 23:55
Ferrari is going to win. You heard it here first.

steveaki13
8th May 2013, 18:12
Ferrari is going to win. You heard it here first.

Someone other than Max Chilton is going to win. You heard that here first

Mia 01
9th May 2013, 16:35
A winner it will be. Hope it will be mine driver.

steveaki13
10th May 2013, 20:08
wow. Its quiet.

Just watched the first session and it was hard to judge much due to the weather.

Havent watched FP2 yet, but I know Seb was fast.

steveaki13
11th May 2013, 09:13
In relation to the video I posted about the final corners in the clips thread. What are peoples views? Do you prefer the old high speed hanging on for grim death layout, or the modern chicane to bunch the field up?

I think ultimately the old layout was best as It was a real challenge and had a real epic feel, but I suppose now it does make overtaking easier?

The old layout is still there maybe they could switch formats on Lap 30. :p The first 30 laps the new chicane corners and then on lap 31 switch to the old high speed corners an scare the young drivers. :D

steveaki13
11th May 2013, 09:14
Red Bull is looking set fair here I think.

The car looks so stable.

henners88
11th May 2013, 10:24
Practice three on the BBC! Not usually an avid watcher of practice sessions but a different experience over brekkie :)

webberf1
11th May 2013, 11:08
My picks for sc.net (cos the servers are down):

ALO
RAI
VET
WEB
HAM
GRO
MAS
ROS

PC: VET > MAS > ALO

Koz
11th May 2013, 12:55
Vettel -> Grosjean -> Massa -> Alonso -> Kimi

donKey jote
11th May 2013, 12:56
morning gurlz :andrea: :D

Koz
11th May 2013, 12:57
1:21.2 will be pole?

Koz
11th May 2013, 13:01
4 mins in and no one out yet?

Every looks very chilled.

donKey jote
11th May 2013, 13:02
BBC, A3 and RTLauda all with the same video feed :p

Koz
11th May 2013, 13:18
Gutierrez, get him off the track please.

truefan72
11th May 2013, 13:22
I wonder what the heck martin brundle is talking about
Guitierrez did not block Kimi, it was the penultimate corner and kimi just caught him at the wrong time

also same with button and maldonado. slow man button should shut up and stop complaining and looking for penalty.
There is a difference between blocking and simply catching a car at the wrong time

Not sure what either Maldonado or Guitierrez did wrong
nonsense from the Sky team,making a meal out of nothing

truefan72
11th May 2013, 13:24
Why williams changed their car fundamentally is a mystery. that 2012 car was hooked up and only needed slight improvements
Also Hulkneberg has gotta be second guessing his move to sauber.

Koz
11th May 2013, 13:25
I didn't see the Pastor well, but Guitierrez had plenty of space, and looked to be going wide and then just shut the door.

tfp
11th May 2013, 13:38
Mclaren???

donKey jote
11th May 2013, 13:41
bejaysus where did Ham's S3 come from :eek: :up:

dj_bytedisaster
11th May 2013, 13:43
Hamilton :eek:

truefan72
11th May 2013, 13:44
well done perez
more than .600sec faster than button
what a marker that Hamilton set, jeezums, that was one quick lap
DiResta sneaking into top 10
My man Hulkneberg not so much :(

Koz
11th May 2013, 13:45
Looks like the Mercs will dominate Monaco.

truefan72
11th May 2013, 13:46
I didn't see the Pastor well, but Guitierrez had plenty of space, and looked to be going wide and then just shut the door.

ok fair enough
but I still don;t think he held up kimi, the massa/webber situation is more clear cut to me

but maldonano and guiterrez were both in the penultimate corner and there really was nowhere to go without compromising their own lap

webberf1
11th May 2013, 13:46
truefan, the teams and drivers still need to be doing a better job than that. Didn't see the button incident but the kimi holdup was unacceptable. The slow driver either needs to pick up the pace earlier or slow down earlier in the lap and gtfo of the way.

Koz
11th May 2013, 13:47
Who is this silly woman that thinks Q3 is Q1??

truefan72
11th May 2013, 13:48
I wonder who in Q3 will gamble with Hard tyres

Koz
11th May 2013, 13:50
but maldonano and guiterrez were both in the penultimate corner and there really was nowhere to go without compromising their own lap

Pastor was on a lap so fair enough. But Gutierrez wasn't, he just wasn't paying attention, IMO.

He did hold Kimi up, Kimi was going and had the door shut on him.

pino
11th May 2013, 13:50
It's going to be between Lewis and Fernando...

pino
11th May 2013, 13:52
Nico !!! :eek:

truefan72
11th May 2013, 13:54
wow
that was a stunner of a lap by Rosberg
pressure on hamilton now
I think it will be an all mercedes front row
but I'm getting ahead of myself, nervous times!!

Koz
11th May 2013, 13:55
Merc S3 is half a second faster than everyone else! No one has a chance.

pino
11th May 2013, 13:59
Well done Nico !

pino
11th May 2013, 14:00
I was wrong as always lol :p :

truefan72
11th May 2013, 14:00
rosberg takes it, hamilton couldn't take that pole, but starting p2 is pretty good,
stay close to rosberg then drs him after 3 laps and have rosberg hold up the competition
that the strategy imo

saved a set of mediums and all hards too

dj_bytedisaster
11th May 2013, 14:04
rosberg takes it, hamilton couldn't take that pole, but starting p2 is pretty good,
stay close to rosberg then drs him after 3 laps and have rosberg hold up the competition
that the strategy imo

saved a set of mediums and all hards too

I doubt that Nico would sign up to that plan ;) Good to see though that he proves all those wrong, who though that lewis would run roughshod over him. Merc seem to have the strongest pairing at the moment.

AndyL
11th May 2013, 14:04
Pastor was on a lap so fair enough. But Gutierrez wasn't, he just wasn't paying attention, IMO.

Was Pastor on a lap? They played a radio message of his engineer telling him to let Button past.

AndyL
11th May 2013, 14:08
Excellent qualifying by Rosberg. quite a few drivers beating more highly-rated team-mates today - Rosberg, Perez, Bottas and Van Der Garde.

truefan72
11th May 2013, 14:11
I doubt that Nico would sign up to that plan ;) Good to see though that he proves all those wrong, who though that lewis would run roughshod over him. Merc seem to have the strongest pairing at the moment.

not saying that its' the mercedes plan
just the Hamilton plan

Also, yeah, its good to see Rosberg doing good, but the race is run on sunday's
someone should let Sky sports know that who are throwing around words like dejected and miffed, in describing Hamilton's saturday experience
I honestly think that Hamilton is pretty satisfied with p2. Unless you are vettel in the RBR, being P1 is a bit of a sitting duck IMO

dj_bytedisaster
11th May 2013, 14:12
Excellent qualifying by Rosberg. quite a few drivers beating more highly-rated team-mates today - Rosberg, Perez, Bottas and Van Der Garde.

Not to forget that Massa drove almost exactly the same time as Alonso. Only Webbo got soundly beaten again.

henners88
11th May 2013, 14:14
Good to see though that he proves all those wrong, who though that lewis would run roughshod over him.
I think anyone who has followed the careers of both knew that would never have happened.

dj_bytedisaster
11th May 2013, 14:21
I remember quite a few people, who predicted last year that Nico wouldn't keep up with Lewis.

truefan72
11th May 2013, 14:24
I remember quite a few people, who predicted last year that Nico wouldn't keep up with Lewis.

qualy is qualy
and the race is a different beast
so far Hamilton is actually pulling clear of Rosberg
lets see how sunday turns out first, if Rosberg can come good or if the patter continues

henners88
11th May 2013, 14:25
Anyone here?

dj_bytedisaster
11th May 2013, 14:32
qualy is qualy
and the race is a different beast
so far Hamilton is actually pulling clear of Rosberg
lets see how sunday turns out first, if Rosberg can come good or if the patter continues

I wouldn't put it as absolute as that. Actually Hamilton only beat him in Bahrain. Rosberg retired with mechanical problems twice and was forbidden from overtaking at Malaysia, where he was clearly faster and more importantly had run a more clever race than Lewis. I think a lot will depend on how much they'll have to fight tomorrow. Rosberg had to fight hard at the beginning of the Bahrain race, while Lewis went up more by osmosis rather than hard fighting. Consequently Rosbergs tires croaked early, while Lewis could get away with three stops to Nico's four. With this year's comedy tires being caught in fights for position more often than not meant being hit with crippling tire degradation. If both of them manage to stay ahead tomorrow, they might have a chance to win this thing as they could use the same method that Vettel used to win Bahrain. A lot will depend on Fernando and Kimi though. Both Ferrari and Lotus are easier on the tires than anyone else. They could chase Vettel and the Mercs into burning up their tires and then cruise home.

dj_bytedisaster
11th May 2013, 14:34
Anyone here?

One of them was Gary, but then again, Gary hates everyone :D There were a few others, too. Just look up the threads that came up around the time Lewis' switch was announced. You'll find quite a few examples there.

pino
11th May 2013, 14:51
I was one of them :wave: :p :

henners88
11th May 2013, 15:28
I'm pretty sure I was one of the ones who told people not to underestimate Rosberg. I hope Lewis beats him in the long term but have the respect for Nico to know it won't come easy. :)

truefan72
11th May 2013, 15:45
I did vote for them as the strongest pairing and I said before that Rosberg might initially get the better of hamilton, but once he gets comfy with the team etc, I expect him to pull away from Rosberg.
Rosberg is no slouch, but his race performances have not been the strongest. The ability to pound out fast lap after lap and extract the most out of the car is something that I think only Alonso and hamilton have.
Maybe kimi

But I honestly believe the best thing that could have happened to rosberg was for Hamilton to join him as a teammate.
It is bringing out the best in him.

On a similar note, I wonder what all the pundits are thiniking now about Hamilton's move from mclaren.
Many here were thinking he was doing a JV/BAR type move, leaving a sure thing for the unknown
In hindsight he was very wise to move
although I think the mclaren in the hands of hamilton would be doing much better
and perez is starting to show that

airshifter
11th May 2013, 16:29

I would be one of them! :laugh:

Though in all fairness I never railed on Nico, I simply saw him as yet to be really tested against a very good driver. Schumacher was not the same racer during that period, and I felt the real test would come if and when someone that was a top grade current driver was teamed with Nico.

Wouldn't be the first time I was wrong. I do OK in FGP most years, but tend to suck at Pickems... soooo.....

CaptainRaiden
11th May 2013, 20:23

The same people predicted Schumacher would "destroy" Nico on his return. We all know how that one turned out. :p

I never thought Lewis would do that much better than Nico, because I saw how Button performed against Lewis, and I rate Nico much higher than Button, always have.

I'll admit though I did think Lewis would trample Button when he signed for Mclaren, and I was wrong initially. But ultimately Lewis did outshine Button considerably in 2012, so the guess wasn't all that bad. :D

vhatever
11th May 2013, 23:32
The same people predicted Schumacher would "destroy" Nico on his return. We all know how that one turned out. :p

I never thought Lewis would do that much better than Nico, because I saw how Button performed against Lewis, and I rate Nico much higher than Button, always have.

I'll admit though I did think Lewis would trample Button when he signed for Mclaren, and I was wrong initially. But ultimately Lewis did outshine Button considerably in 2012, so the guess wasn't all that bad. :D

Button: 188
Hamilton: 190

Wow that's some considerable "outshining".

I think both alonso and hamilton are horribly overrated drivers. I always thought that about Hamilton and I never thought I'd think that about alonso. but i do now. Alonso's much praised last year was nothing more than having the most dependable car on the grid with the ability to win races/win podiums. Nothing more.

Koz
12th May 2013, 00:32

I think both alonso and hamilton are horribly overrated drivers. I always thought that about Hamilton and I never thought I'd think that about alonso. but i do now. Alonso's much praised last year was nothing more than having the most dependable car on the grid with the ability to win races/win podiums. Nothing more.
What nonsense.
Are you watching the races or just looking at the point tallies?

Lewis throughly thrashed Button last year, how many times did he retire while leading races due to engine failure?
This is the same as Vettel and Webber in 2010, points tell a very deceptive story.

Koz
12th May 2013, 00:40
Was Pastor on a lap? They played a radio message of his engineer telling him to let Button past.

You are correct, the messages were played when he was on his lap, the blocking was on his outlap.

vhatever
12th May 2013, 01:18
What nonsense.
Are you watching the races or just looking at the point tallies?

Lewis throughly thrashed Button last year, how many times did he retire while leading races due to engine failure?
This is the same as Vettel and Webber in 2010, points tell a very deceptive story.

Your post is what is nonsense. Fanboyish nonsense at that. One of the problems with lewis is that he's a moron and makes stupid decisions, including idiotic things like driving on punctured tires, and then blaming his lack of points at the end due to his own moronic decisions as "cruel luck". Ever driver tends to have bad days. The idea is to get as many points as you can without running your own race.

He had a 50/50 collision with grosjean, the puncture I talked about already, and ya he had a couple DNFs not his fault. However, even if he were leading them, it wouldn't mean he would end up winning them without the DNFs. aybe Abu dhabi would fall into that category. Still, hamilton is just as likely to dog pile into a backmarker than finish a race in first, it seems. Additionally, it's not like button didn't get his share of bad lck laast year, he had a ton of team cockups and issues not of his own making, as well.

dj_bytedisaster
12th May 2013, 01:36
Your post is what is nonsense. Fanboyish nonsense at that. One of the problems with lewis is that he's a moron and makes stupid decisions, including idiotic things like driving on punctured tires, and then blaming his lack of points at the end due to his own moronic decisions as "cruel luck". Ever driver tends to have bad days. The idea is to get as many points as you can without running your own race.

Maybe you should lay off the trolling?

vhatever
12th May 2013, 01:42
Maybe you should lay off the trolling?

So you are saying that if Lewis is leading a race at some point he is destined to win it -- or even place in the points for that matter?

Are you saying Button didn't have his share of punctures/mechanical problems last year, reality be damned?

webberf1
12th May 2013, 02:14
uh oh... upon my return to this forum I thought I'd immediately identified the village idiot when I saw some of faster69's posts. Don't tell me there's another one here ^^^

vhatever
12th May 2013, 02:24
uh oh... upon my return to this forum I thought I'd immediately identified the village idiot when I saw some of faster69's posts. Don't tell me there's another one here ^^^

LOL. That's all you got? Some weak ass personal attacks?

kfzmeister
12th May 2013, 04:56
Looks like the Mercs will dominate Monaco.

I might actually bet on this one. Surprised that nobody caught this. I'm gonna bet on Hamilton at Monaco.

As far as tomorrow's concerned, here's to Alonso eating a couple of cars by turn one. :)

dj_bytedisaster
12th May 2013, 05:06
LOL. That's all you got? Some weak ass personal attacks?

May have to do with the fact that you started with a weak ass personal attack on Lewis Hamilton, you dimwit. Do us all a favour and walk into a rotating propeller.

vhatever
12th May 2013, 05:38
May have to do with the fact that you started with a weak ass personal attack on Lewis Hamilton, you dimwit. Do us all a favour and walk into a rotating propeller.

I didn't know lewy lew posted here.Learn something new every day. Maybe he needs to spend more time in the simulator given rosberg seems to have the measure of him.

dj_bytedisaster
12th May 2013, 05:41
I didn't know lewy lew posted here.Learn something new every day. Maybe he needs to spend more time in the simulator given rosberg seems to have the measure of him.

Only because someone doesn't post here doesn't give you the right to be utterly insulting. If you can't adhere to civilized ways of interaction, get the Eff out of here, redneck. Drunk posting isn't the best of ideas, so maybe you just pass on it next time...

vhatever
12th May 2013, 07:01
Only because someone doesn't post here doesn't give you the right to be utterly insulting. If you can't adhere to civilized ways of interaction, get the Eff out of here, redneck. Drunk posting isn't the best of ideas, so maybe you just pass on it next time...

There is no nice way to infer a moron is a moron. But the truth is the truth. find me one sane person who would disagree that someone is not a moron when they purposely drive around a race track at 150 MPH instead of pitting immeidately after discovering you have a puncture when you have no way in hell of making your previous tire strategy work in the first place.

After your numerous personal attacks, hopefully the mods give you a bit of a vacation to reflect on that.

dj_bytedisaster
12th May 2013, 07:08
There is no nice way to infer a moron is a moron. But the truth is the truth. find me one sane person who would disagree that someone is not a moron when they purposely drive around a race track at 150 MPH instead of pitting immeidately after discovering you have a puncture when you have no way in hell of making your previous tire strategy work in the first place.

After your numerous personal attacks, hopefully the mods give you a bit of a vacation to reflect on that.

If someone attacks personally, it has been you for hours now. I don't know what sad life you're living that you feel a need to take it out on Lewis. He's one of the best F1 drivers at the time - deal with it.

pino
12th May 2013, 07:23
Thread cleaned (on Sunday morning) :blackeye: ...and some infractions point given, now please let's cool down and continue to discuss this in a nice way thank you !

vhatever
12th May 2013, 07:26
If someone attacks personally, it has been you for hours now. I don't know what sad life you're living that you feel a need to take it out on Lewis. He's one of the best F1 drivers at the time - deal with it.

it's unbelievable that you have been on the internet since at least 2001 and still don't understand the basic premise of a message board. You must be blinded by some kind of anti-american bigotry, as there seems no rational explanation of anything else. Message boards are where people gather to discuss something. This one is for formula one. Hamilton is in F1, so my opinion of him is relevant as well, if I choose to give it here. Your opinion that "I'm a redneck" is not relevant to F1. No quit wasting peoples time with your useless posts. if the mods even bother with this forum anymore you will be on a long, long vacation. Maybe a permanent one, which is what you probably deserve.

dj_bytedisaster
12th May 2013, 07:31
it's unbelievable that you have been on the internet since at least 2001 and still don't understand the basic premise of a message board. You must be blinded by some kind of anti-american bigotry, as there seems no rational explanation of anything else. Message boards are where people gather to discuss something. This one is for formula one. Hamilton is in F1, so my opinion of him is relevant as well, if I choose to give it here. Your opinion that "I'm a redneck" is not relevant to F1. No quit wasting peoples time with your useless posts. if the mods even bother with this forum anymore you will be on a long, long vacation. Maybe a permanent one, which is what you probably deserve.

I cannot tell what I want, because my opinion is being subject of censorship as of late, but you have to understand one thing - you came in here guns blazing calling lewis hamilton all kinds of unflattering names without even knowing the man. That has nothing to do with discussion. It's just pure hatred and there's no place for that here. And demanding bans for other people wile posting the hateful dribble that you posted is
pure bigotry. Knock it off.

pino
12th May 2013, 07:45
Enough of this rubbish and back to the topic !!!

My very last warning :mad:

henners88
12th May 2013, 08:49
I fancy Hamilton for a podium today although I think a race win is out of the question for either Merc. I just hope Nico is sensible with his tyres and doesn't destroy them in the opening laps trying to defend. The Merc seems less consistent over a number of laps on heavy fuel but seems to find the groove later on. I think this is a Vettel win if I'm honest, he has the car in race trim and starts with the advantage of row two.

webberf1
12th May 2013, 09:28
Every race is so hard to pick. Honestly, all of the top 5 genuinely have a good chance of winning this one. I will say though that if Alonso gets another of his trademark roaring starts he's my odds on favourite to win.

dj_bytedisaster
12th May 2013, 09:28
I fancy Hamilton for a podium today although I think a race win is out of the question for either Merc. I just hope Nico is sensible with his tyres and doesn't destroy them in the opening laps trying to defend. The Merc seems less consistent over a number of laps on heavy fuel but seems to find the groove later on. I think this is a Vettel win if I'm honest, he has the car in race trim and starts with the advantage of row two.

The Mercs looked not too shaby on the long runs in FP. If both can avoid cooking their tires in needless fights, they might have a chance. Looks like the car works better on the harder compund which is only marginally slower. A lot will depend on Vettel and Alonso. I think fernando has the best cards. That Ferrari was really easy on the tires so far and the red cars didn't dominate FP for nothing.

webberf1
12th May 2013, 09:31
Also, people, you should dismiss Mercedes' race pace at your own peril. They weren't blinding in qualifying for nothing. Remember 12 months ago? No one expected Maldonado to hold strong in the race.

henners88
12th May 2013, 09:57
It's worth noting too that Rosberg, Hamilton and Vettel have 3 sets of hard compound tyres for the race. Alonso has 2 and kimi and Grosjean only have 1. Hards seem to be the tyre of choice for this track so the first stint will be key.

Ranger
12th May 2013, 10:33
Also, people, you should dismiss Mercedes' race pace at your own peril. They weren't blinding in qualifying for nothing. Remember 12 months ago? No one expected Maldonado to hold strong in the race.

More relevant is that they had no race pace only 3 weeks ago, despite starting at the front.

I'd be very surprised if either Mercedes won the race today.

CaptainRaiden
12th May 2013, 12:17

LOL, nice bait, troll. :laugh:

donKey jote
12th May 2013, 12:18
morning gurlz :wave: :andrea: :D

Tazio
12th May 2013, 12:45
:s ailor: Sup?

CaptainRaiden
12th May 2013, 12:50
Sup donkey and Taz? Whitmarsh said Button and Mclaren are gonna win the championships this year. Also, Alonso to Sauber next year.

donKey jote
12th May 2013, 12:53
just as a matter of interest, if anyone was watching the bbc coverage... who did Bernie tip to win? (t'internet had a hiccup :( )

On Spanish TV he said Alonso :p

Tazio
12th May 2013, 12:53
Good luck with that ;)

Koz
12th May 2013, 12:54
Hello.

donKey jote
hey doc, cap, koz :wave:

Koz
Mercs will not be leading by the end of the lap.

steveaki13
12th May 2013, 12:55
Afternoon guys

CaptainRaiden
12th May 2013, 12:55
just as a matter of interest, if anyone was watching the bbc coverage... who did Bernie tip to win?

He said Kimi, because he's much more epic than Alonso. :)

Koz
12th May 2013, 12:56
Anyone else getting a warning about Live Timings being unsigned and a security risk?

Tazio
Watching Speed broadcast Matchet tippped Fred.

donKey jote
and on RTL he probably said Vettel :laugh:

Tazio
Anyone else getting a warning about Live Timings being unsigned and a security risk?Nope, Matbe you have fake live timing :confused:

donKey jote
12th May 2013, 12:57
Anyone else getting a warning about Live Timings being unsigned and a security risk?

yep, ignored it as usual :andrea:

steveaki13
12th May 2013, 12:59
Seb moaning already

Koz
12th May 2013, 13:00
Nico doesn't seem to be weaving as much as the others...

steveaki13
12th May 2013, 13:00
Wow amazing lack of unity in the pack today. Glad I made it. I got in about 5 minutes ago

donKey jote
12th May 2013, 13:01
here we gogoogogo :D

steveaki13
12th May 2013, 13:02
Sebs flying

donKey jote
12th May 2013, 13:02
ALO vs Boss on the outside :D

webberf1
12th May 2013, 13:03
Alonso around the outside turn three!!!!

dj_bytedisaster
12th May 2013, 13:04
LOL, Alonso and Vettel both slapping lewis about :eek:

Tazio
12th May 2013, 13:05
Great start by the Reds, Felipe is not fooling around!

steveaki13
12th May 2013, 13:06
1-6 in a train.

And tyre saving after lap 3?????????????

Tazio
12th May 2013, 13:08
Rossberg already suffering deg.

Koz
12th May 2013, 13:08
Webber fails again. :(

dj_bytedisaster
12th May 2013, 13:09
Webber fails again. :(

That's the default setting for webbo, isn't it? :s

steveaki13
12th May 2013, 13:09
JB saying he cant get any heat in the tyres :eek:

Koz
12th May 2013, 13:11
Lewis seems to be struggling.
I do wonder how much Nico is holding up the Vettel and Alonso.

dj_bytedisaster
12th May 2013, 13:11
Weird. Looks like this time it's Lewis's car that's going backward. What the heck is it with Mercedes??

pino
12th May 2013, 13:12
Another crazy start by Alonso :eek:

dj_bytedisaster
Lewis seems to be struggling.
I do wonder how much Nico is holding up the Vettel and Alonso.

They couldn't DRS him so far, so he seems to have the speed

longisland
Me thinks Hamilton is having car issue

Koz
12th May 2013, 13:14
What happened to Grosjean?

donKey jote
12th May 2013, 13:17
pitpass :D

webberf1
12th May 2013, 13:19
Looking good :D

gm99
Why can't Force India get their pit stops straight? It hast cost them - and Sutil in particular - lots of places this year already.

dj_bytedisaster
Good thing the naughty point system isn't in use yet - Maldonado's season would be over right now. Good grief that man's out of his depths...

donKey jote
12th May 2013, 13:20
DRS :D
:erm: :andrea: :p

dj_bytedisaster
12th May 2013, 13:21
Rosberg going backwards, fast :( Tires ruining another race :s

Tazio
12th May 2013, 13:22
Rosberg threw out the anchor ;)

truefan72
12th May 2013, 13:22
this mercedes in race trim is pathetic
what a rubbish performance

steveaki13
12th May 2013, 13:23
Merc have some major issues they need to sort.

To be sooooo fast in Quali and be sooooooo slow in the race is bizzare.

truefan72
12th May 2013, 13:24
even ricciado gets past hamilton
you know there is something wrong
what a waste of my time

steveaki13
Lewis being past by a Toro Rosso. WTF

dj_bytedisaster
Did a Torro Rosso just pass Lewis ??? :eek: :eek: :eek:

webberf1
12th May 2013, 13:25
And people say pre-drs/pirelli was better. LOL. This is already the mosg entertaining Barcelona race I've seen in a longass time.

truefan72
12th May 2013, 13:25
might as well switch to a 4 stop strategy for hamilton
get off these ridiculous tires

steveaki13
12th May 2013, 13:27
Bad news Truefan, the Merc car is just crocked with a ridiculous amount of tyre wear. They need to find a solution quickly

Tazio
12th May 2013, 13:28
Fred gapping Seb ;)

webberf1
12th May 2013, 13:29
Come on Dan Ricciardo!

steveaki13
12th May 2013, 13:30
Ricciardo on the move

truefan72
12th May 2013, 13:31
can they bring hamilton in now, doing a 1:32 ???
what the hell are mercedes doing, now a 1:33 bring him in, jeezuz!

dj_bytedisaster
12th May 2013, 13:31
Fred gapping Seb ;)

Not too surprising. The Ferrari and the Lotus were easiest on the tires in training. Looks like Pirelli decided a Ferrari win was due.

donKey jote
12th May 2013, 13:33
come on in Alo, yer tyres are cooking :p

steveaki13
12th May 2013, 13:33
The Saubers are getting held up by Lewis.

dj_bytedisaster
12th May 2013, 13:34
second stop in lap 22?? What the heck??

steveaki13
12th May 2013, 13:34
Van der Garde's wheels about to come off????

donKey jote
12th May 2013, 13:35
looks like it's all Kimi's... stoopid Pirelli :p :andrea:

steveaki13
12th May 2013, 13:36
3 wheeled Caterham

donKey jote
12th May 2013, 13:36
Van lost a wheel :eek:
stoopid Pirelli :andrea: :p

longisland
12th May 2013, 13:38
Kimi may win with one stop less.

truefan72
12th May 2013, 13:40
I have no clue what the hamilton pit are doing they simply had hamilton drive that car past the tires falling off the cliff, I mean WTF kind of strategy is that?
this is ridiculous beyond belief
shame on mercedes, shame on them

steveaki13
12th May 2013, 13:40
Lewis is winning the award for being past most times today

dj_bytedisaster
12th May 2013, 13:41
lewis getting humiliated :(
It's all decided by Pirelli again, I hate that :s

Ranger
Very strange race.

Ricciardo is doing his future prospects no harm at all.

truefan72
and now hamilton comes into the pits with the most useless strategy
beyond ridiculous, stupid strategy neither a 3 nor a 4 stopper and simply costing them totally

steveaki13
12th May 2013, 13:43
Now past by a Williams? He'll be fighting Marussia soon

Ranger
12th May 2013, 13:43
lewis getting humiliated :(
It's all decided by Pirelli again, I hate that :s

Tyres are the same for everyone.

...except for the ones that delaminate. :p

gm99
12th May 2013, 13:44
LOL - Lewis on the radio: "I got overtaken by a Williams!"

steveaki13
12th May 2013, 13:45
Now the pit stops are happening the gaps are opening up. Interesting but a bit farsical race.

truefan72
why on earth mercedes decides to put hamilton and rosberg on a 3 stop strategy is an epic failure
heads must roll

steveaki13
LOL - Lewis on the radio: "I got overtaken by a Williams!"

That was fantastically funny

webberf1
12th May 2013, 13:46
Lol Brundle, "I spent my whole career getting overtaken by a Williams"

steveaki13
why on earth mercedes decides to put hamilton and rosberg on a 3 stop strategy is an epic failure
heads must roll

Really its just tyre issues must be resolved.

Koz
Does Merc have enough tyres to finis the race?

dj_bytedisaster
That's gonna be a four stopper for everyone but Kimi. It's a friggin' travesty.

donKey jote
Ham: "I can't drive any slower" :eek: :laugh:

truefan72
12th May 2013, 13:47
so hamilton is trying to drive faster and they are telling him to drive slower
stupid mercedes
if they let him on a 4 stopper like everyone else he would be more competitive
this is a humilating performance by all in mercedes
I've never seen a car that were 1,2 in qualy so terrible in a race
I'm disgusted

steveaki13
12th May 2013, 13:48
Brundle was mostly lapped by Williams. lol. How dominate they were back then is unreal when you see them now.

Also Brundle didnt often get to race Williams.

henners88
12th May 2013, 13:50
Also Brundle didnt often get to race Williams.
He doesn't often get to be on many peoples tv's these days either.

dj_bytedisaster
vettel fighting Kimi - there go the tires ...

Koz
Is that a Marussia about to unlap itself?

donKey jote
12th May 2013, 13:51
Kimi unleashed...

steveaki13
12th May 2013, 13:51
He doesn't often get to be on many peoples tv's these days either.

Sorry that was nothing about what I was talking about?

Koz
12th May 2013, 13:52
Here you have it ladies and gentlemen, Marussia lapping with the same times as a Red Bull.

truefan72
ok now I'm officially on the "tires are ruining the racing" bandwagon
when RBR tells Vettel not to race Kimi for p3 you know its all messed up

webberf1
@ steveaki: im sure getting lapped was exactly what he meant

truefan72
12th May 2013, 13:53
Here you have it ladies and gentlemen, Marussia lapping with the same times as a Red Bull.

indeed
I'm not sure that this is what I want to see
this is not what F1 should be

longisland
Good defensive driving from Vettel. Surprised he actually LISTENS to his team orders😁😁

henners88
Sorry that was nothing about what I was talking about?
It didn't have to be.

Relegated on the track, relegated through viewer choice.

kfzmeister
Is that a Marussia breathing down Vettel's neck?? :D

donKey jote
Look out Ferrari, Kimi's on your tails :p

dj_bytedisaster
12th May 2013, 13:56
This is now officially the biggest farce since the 6 car race at Indianapolis. Until Pirelli are gone from F1 for good our favourite sport will be thorougly thrashed - what a farce!!

steveaki13
12th May 2013, 13:56
Nico smashing the back off the Toro Rosso. Awesomely bad pit release by Sauber and dim driving from Nico. He had time to hit the brakes and avoid the contact.

donKey jote
12th May 2013, 13:58
looks like it's all Kimi's... stoopid Pirelli :p :andrea:

:andrea:

steveaki13
This is now officially the biggest farce since the 6 car race at Indianapolis. Until Pirelli are gone from F1 for good our favourite sport will be thorougly thrashed - what a farce!!

Agree. But just as an example some fans including webberf1 seem to like this. I cant understand why if you love F1, but there you go

Ranger
More relevant is that they had no race pace only 3 weeks ago, despite starting at the front.

I'd be very surprised if either Mercedes won the race today.

See? I am right sometimes. :p

Gutierrez was looking every bit as good as Hulkenberg even before that pitlane crash for Nico. :up:

truefan72
12th May 2013, 13:59
so mercedes switches strategy and brings hamilton in
so they paced him on a 3 stopper then now switch to a 4 stopper, effectively ruining any points chances
bravo mercedes
ridiculous

longisland
He's my donkey candidate

steveaki13
Hamilton is going to be lapped today. Incredible

steveaki13
12th May 2013, 14:00
Delamination for Toro Rosso. What is happeing today?

dj_bytedisaster
12th May 2013, 14:01
Throw Pirelli out of F1 for good - just get the f**k rid of them...

henners88
12th May 2013, 14:05
Throw Pirelli out of F1 for good - just get the f**k rid of them...
Or give them a sensible brief.

webberf1
12th May 2013, 14:06
@ steveaki: I do agree this is getting a little too extreme with the tyres now. Barca is perhaps the hardest circuit on tyre graining and its bringing out the weakness in the pirellis big time. Obviously some work needs to be done to improve their durability (perhaps they could bring in a super hard compound) but I don't want pirelli to be shunned just because of this bad patch they're going through right now - overall their work has been fantastic.

Koz
12th May 2013, 14:08
Looks like we're going to see a Ferrari 1-2.

donKey jote
12th May 2013, 14:13
Kimi might still disagree :andrea:

2sec faster on the last lap :eek:
stoopid Pirelli :andrea: :D

dj_bytedisaster
12th May 2013, 14:13
Alonso a mammoth 7 seconds slower than in qualifying and still pulling away at the front - this is ridiculous.
I think ferrari has this in the bag. Ferrari and Lotus were the only teams not sabotaged by crippling tire degradation. They used that expertly. I'm especially happy for Felipe - he really deserves to visit the podium again.

webberf1
12th May 2013, 14:14
2nd biggest surprise of the race: Massa's only 19 seconds behind Alonso after 48 laps. Big improvement by FM from the last few races :P

donKey jote
12th May 2013, 14:17
teehee Ham getting lessons from Rosberg over the radio :p

truefan72
12th May 2013, 14:18
once again mercedes leaves it 3 laps too late to pit hamilton, letting the tires completely fall off the cliff
they need to fire both race day engineers

steveaki13
12th May 2013, 14:19
Hamilton has just been Lapped

dj_bytedisaster
12th May 2013, 14:20
once again mercedes leaves it 3 laps too late to pit hamilton, letting the tires completely fall off the cliff
they need to fire both race day engineers

They need to burn down the Pirelli camp

Koz
12th May 2013, 14:20
Will Rosberg get lapped?

steveaki13
12th May 2013, 14:21
Red Bulls 41 & 52 seconds off the lead in 4th & 5th. Big gaps today

webberf1
12th May 2013, 14:21
You are right, this is pretty farcical. Pirelli do need to give their tyres more durability. Watching some of the onboard shots the drivers are nowhere near the limit.
But I have to say I dont think the situation will be anywhere near as bad in this regard in Monaco and Canada - which should be fantastic races.

steveaki13
12th May 2013, 14:23
Sutil about to attack Lewis.....

In a racing car I mean. :s mokin:

donKey jote
12th May 2013, 14:24
10 laps to go... will Alo's tyres hold? :bandit:

stoopid Pirelli :andrea: :p

donKey jote
12th May 2013, 14:27
go Massa :devil:

donKey jote
12th May 2013, 14:29
Jenson: Checo is slower than you :p :andrea:

webberf1
12th May 2013, 14:30
Gutierrez closing in on Ricciardo for 10th place. I will admit its a joke if the Gut scores a point lol.

pino
12th May 2013, 14:30
Go Felipe !

CaptainRaiden
12th May 2013, 14:31
It's amazing how Mercedes eats so much rubber and manages to remain so slim! Where does she put it?!? :eek:

donKey jote
12th May 2013, 14:32
Checo: don't even think about it ! :p :andrea:

steveaki13
12th May 2013, 14:33
Tyre issues but Rosberg about to make a 3 stopper work

donKey jote
12th May 2013, 14:33
Go on Sergio, do a Vettel :p

truefan72
12th May 2013, 14:34
are mclaren kidding me?
they are trying to tell perez to hold station?
when he could easily dispatch button and both rosberg and diresta might be there for the taking?

what a fiasco
let perez by and let button deal with his slowness

truefan72
12th May 2013, 14:34
Go on Sergio, do a Vettel :p

yup

nonsense call by team mclaren
pathetic

truefan72
12th May 2013, 14:36
so mclaren are pretty much ruining perez'a race
if they had let him by button
he would have chased down rosberg and diresta
instead he gets held up by button

CaptainRaiden
12th May 2013, 14:36
are mclaren kidding me?
they are trying to tell perez to hold station?
when he could easily dispatch button and both rosberg and diresta might be there for the taking?

what a fiasco
let perez by and let button deal with his slowness

I reckon if Mclaren's golden boy and WDC contender (Button) hadn't thrown his toys out of the pram after Bahrain, we wouldn't be seeing this farce right now.

Tazio
12th May 2013, 14:37
Go Felipe!! :andrea:

dj_bytedisaster
12th May 2013, 14:38
yup

nonsense call by team mclaren
pathetic

Button +6 over quali, perez -1. It's a known phenomenon that you kill your tires if you dare to attack. Blame the apes at Pirelli, not McLaren.

steveaki13
12th May 2013, 14:38
Pic chasing Bottas for all his worth. Good effort.

donKey jote
12th May 2013, 14:40
Thanks Pirelli :andrea: :p :woot:

Forza Ferralonsooooo :D :D

Tazio
12th May 2013, 14:42
http://www.elpais.com/recorte/20061029elpepudep_3/XLCO/Ies/Fernando_Alonso_recibe_calor_Oviedo.jpg

:andrea: :wave:

donKey jote
12th May 2013, 14:42
great podium :up: :D

truefan72
12th May 2013, 14:43
I'm completely disgusted with mercedes
that's all I have to say
I'll see everyone in 2 weeks

I need a break, to get out and decompress from this joke of a race
congrats Alonso

cya

donKey jote
12th May 2013, 14:45
P6 behind the redbulls and you're disgusted?
I guess you're a true ham fan ;) :p

webberf1
12th May 2013, 14:48
Where's faster69 when you want to bag the **** out of someone? :P

donKey jote
12th May 2013, 14:49
tiinta tachinta tachinta tachintatata

Tazio
http://s10.postimg.org/43oh4utxl/RTL_Television_2013_05_12_15_44_03.jpg

AndyL
Surprising to see Rosberg getting a decent finish from a 3-stop strategy, despite Mercedes' supposed tyre problems. In fact I think he was the last of the 3-stoppers to make their last stop bar Chilton.

Disappointed for Van Der Garde. He had good speed and it was looking like his best race so far until the wheels fell off.

donKey jote
12th May 2013, 14:50
ta ta taraaaa
ta ta taraaaa

tiri ti tiroriroriii
tiroriroriii tirirí

tiritititin tin tirintin tin

AndyL
12th May 2013, 14:51
so mclaren are pretty much ruining perez'a race
if they had let him by button
he would have chased down rosberg and diresta
instead he gets held up by button

I doubt he would have gained any more places since DiResta was on the same strategy.

Tazio
12th May 2013, 14:51
tiinta tachinta tachinta tachintatata

http://i46.tinypic.com/hv9ul3.gif :beer:

dj_bytedisaster
12th May 2013, 14:52

Did you see the helmet in his avatar? ;)
But I agree with him. This race was a bloody farce. It had nothing to do with f1 racing at all. The podium was decided at the Pirelli HQ, not on the track. Pirelli needs to go and they need to go fast.

pino
12th May 2013, 14:52
What a great day for Ferrari and all tifosi ! :D

donKey jote
12th May 2013, 14:53
I forgot the http://i46.tinypic.com/hv9ul3.gifhttp://i46.tinypic.com/hv9ul3.gifhttp://i46.tinypic.com/hv9ul3.gifhttp://i46.tinypic.com/hv9ul3.gif :p

truefan72
12th May 2013, 14:57

first of all I make no secret that I'm rooting for Hamilton, and my main anger is towards his side of the garage. Just because Rosberg is his teammate doesn't mean I'm under any obligation to like or care about his performance. Even though I wish him well. My concern is about hamilton and the overall mercedes strategy.

but lets not forget that Rosberg started on POLE! for the 2nd race in a row I might add
second, it was a shambolic performance by the car in race trim and an even worse strategy by team engineers
Rosberg was lucky to get 6th and did a fine job in 3 stopper, which I suppose they had planned for hamilton too and if executed would have at least seen him salvage a point or two

a p6 &p12 is nothing to be proud about nothing whatsoever.
Given that the cars were lined up p1 & p2
and they still havent sorted out their race pace.
It was a humilating performance today
to get beat by torro rosso and rookie man in a sauber, and both mclaren's is nothing to celebrate about.
Add to that the calamity with vergne and hulkenberg and Hmilton would easily have been down a further 2 places.
and if mclaren had told button to let perez by earlier, he would have probably passed rosberg too.
so yes, to me it was a disgusting performance
made even worse by crap race engineers who couldn't figure out what strategy to put Hamilton on as well.

kfzmeister
12th May 2013, 15:07
Who.is.da.man?

Ladies and Gentleman. We have just seen the real pecking order for the remainder of the season! :D

wedge
12th May 2013, 15:26
A third of the race run and a second round of stops - WTF!

A gave up following the race afterwards and it became background telly. I couldn't even give a driver/donkey of the race nominations which says it all really so don't be surprised if you see me posting less and doing an Ioan and lurk in a Private tab.

F1 really needs to take a long hard look at itself though to be fair getting the tyres 'right' is a black art as it appears the Hards aren't hard enough for Barcelona.

Whyzars
12th May 2013, 17:53
a p6 &p12 is nothing to be proud about nothing whatsoever.
Given that the cars were lined up p1 & p2
and they still havent sorted out their race pace.
It was a humilating performance today

Not humiliating at all.

The Mercedes cars may have highlighted the achilles heel in the tyres far more effectively than any of the other cars on the grid.

If the provided tyre is not able to perform equally for all teams then it is possibly a flawed tyre. The responsibility should not rest with any team to change their car to suit a tyre.

F1 should insist on tyres that perform equally for all teams or allow the teams to contract their own tyre manufacturer.

JMHO of course.

vhatever
12th May 2013, 19:59
Might as well change the name to circuit de crapola.

first time in the entire history of wtaching F1 I fell asleep twice while watching it.

Did anything EVER happen in the whole race? Only interesting bit I saw the whole race was Vettel and kimi racing for a corner or two and then rocky telling vettel to knock it off.

Great stuff. Really.

steveaki13
12th May 2013, 22:41
3 or 4 times more DRS is the answer.

faster69
13th May 2013, 00:59
Might as well change the name to circuit de crapola.

first time in the entire history of wtaching F1 I fell asleep twice while watching it.

Did anything EVER happen in the whole race? Only interesting bit I saw the whole race was Vettel and kimi racing for a corner or two and then rocky telling vettel to knock it off.

Great stuff. Really.

i thought it was a typical processional f1 race of yore. you haven't been watching long if you thought THAT race was terrible.

faster69
13th May 2013, 01:07
heads must roll

rosberg managed his tyres, hamilton didn't.

dj_bytedisaster
13th May 2013, 01:28
rosberg managed his tyres, hamilton didn't.

He shouldn't have to. It's called the F1 Grand Prix of Spain, not the Tire Conservation Convention of Oxford. Barcelona was a non-race.

Hawkmoon
13th May 2013, 03:48
He shouldn't have to. It's called the F1 Grand Prix of Spain, not the Tire Conservation Convention of Oxford. Barcelona was a non-race.

Conserving the car, be it fuel, tyres or any other component, is nothing new in F1. It's been a part of grand prix racing from the beginning.

A balance needs to be stuck between the driver's need to manage their tyres and their ability to drive to their limits and those of the car but I much prefer the F1 of today than what we had in the '90's where each race was a short sprint between fuel stops and the tyres were a non-factor.

kfzmeister
13th May 2013, 03:55
Barcelona was a non-race.

Not what Alonso said.

dj_bytedisaster
13th May 2013, 04:05
Not what Alonso said.

If I remember correctly, he wasn't too thrilled with Pirelli, even after he won. Fact is - Barcelona was a farce. And what Hembery said in his post-race interview is just totally unacceptable. He said that if they make the tires more durable they might be accused of handing the title to Red Bull. So here we have a supplier, who admits that they made a component deliberately designed to to slow down one team - that's unacceptable. Nobody wants a repeat of 2000-2004, but it is the job of Mclaren, Ferrari and Lotus to make sure it doesn't happen. A corrupt supplier deliberately sabotaging a team isn't the way to go. In fact under European economic laws Hembery admitted to a criminal offense.
I don't know the English word - in German it's called Wettbewerbsverzerrung Translates to something like "malicious interferrence with economic competition."

faster69
13th May 2013, 04:13

a grand prix isn't necessarily a sprint race. when cars were fragile drivers had to manage or nurse their car in some way. cars today are bulletproof in terms of reliability, so tyres are a part of the car for them to manage.

i thought the race was boring and a foregone conclusion after 10 laps. i don't understand the fuss about the tyres.

Hawkmoon
13th May 2013, 04:27
If I remember correctly, he wasn't too thrilled with Pirelli, even after he won. Fact is - Barcelona was a farce. And what Hembery said in his post-race interview is just totally unacceptable. He said that if they make the tires more durable they might be accused of handing the title to Red Bull. So here we have a supplier, who admits that they made a component deliberately designed to to slow down one team - that's unacceptable. Nobody wants a repeat of 2000-2004, but it is the job of Mclaren, Ferrari and Lotus to make sure it doesn't happen. A corrupt supplier deliberately sabotaging a team isn't the way to go. In fact under European economic laws Hembery admitted to a criminal offense.
I don't know the English word - in German it's called Wettbewerbsverzerrung

What a load of rubbish. 9 of the 11 teams are either happy with the tyres or are dealing with them and don't want a change. The other 2 don't seem to want to do anything about finding a solution and instead continue to whinge. In no way, shape or form have Pirelli deliberately made a tyre to slow down Red Bull. Ferrari and Lotus make the tyres work. Mercedes obviously don't. Red Bull can get the tyres to work, just not to the same extent that Lotus can. If Pirelli changed the tyres to suit Red Bull, despite the majority of teams being opposed to a change, then Hembrey is right and they would be handing to title to Red Bull as the tyres are the Red Bull's only major weakness. That would be, as you put it, unacceptable.

Rollo
13th May 2013, 04:32
first of all I make no secret that I'm rooting for Hamilton

You're a bit keen aren't you? :D

Well, don't wait for the green light... off you go.
http://www.royandhg.com/clubbuggery/rhg7.jpg

dj_bytedisaster
13th May 2013, 04:36
What a load of rubbish. 9 of the 11 teams are either happy with the tyres or are dealing with them and don't want a change. The other 2 don't seem to want to do anything about finding a solution and instead continue to whinge. In no way, shape or form have Pirelli deliberately made a tyre to slow down Red Bull. Ferrari and Lotus make the tyres work. Mercedes obviously don't. Red Bull can get the tyres to work, just not to the same extent that Lotus can. If Pirelli changed the tyres to suit Red Bull, despite the majority of teams being opposed to a change, then Hembrey is right and they would be handing to title to Red Bull as the tyres are the Red Bull's only major weakness. That would be, as you put it, unacceptable.

We had complaints about the tires by:

- Sergio Perez
- Just about everyone at Red Bull
- Just about everyobe at Mercedes
- Hülkenberg
- Sutil

I for once put my money where my mouth is and will press charges against Pirelli for malicious interference with economic competition at the EU court at Strasbourg. That hembery interview after the race was a bad idea, especially admitting to deliberately slowing down a certain team. It's gonna be expensive, but if it gets the scheming mafiosi expelled from F1 it'll gonna be worth every damn penny.

Hawkmoon
13th May 2013, 04:47
We had complaints about the tires by:

- Sergio Perez
- Just about everyone at Red Bull
- Just about everyobe at Mercedes
- Hülkenberg
- Sutil

I for once put my money where my mouth is and will press charges against Pirelli for malicious interference with economic competition at the EU court at Strasbourg. That hembery interview after the race was a bad idea, especially admitting to deliberately slowing down a certain team. It's gonna be expensive, but if it gets the scheming mafiosi expelled from F1 it'll gonna be worth every damn penny.

The only teams that have whinged about the tyres are Red Bull and Mercedes and in Mercedes case the whinging has been mostly Nikki Lauda. Drivers will always complain about anything that prevents them from doing anything other than drive flat out. If they weren't complaining about the tyres they'd be complaining about something else. Correct me if I'm wrong but when asked the majority of teams were opposed to changes were they not?

Let me know how you go when you try and sue a multi-national company because they aren't making it easy for your favourite driver to win races. I'm sure the courts will be sympathetic. :rolleyes:

dj_bytedisaster
13th May 2013, 04:54
Let me know how you go when you try and sue a multi-national company because they aren't making it easy for your favourite driver to win races. I'm sure the courts will be sympathetic. :rolleyes:

In fact the 'favourite driver' I would want to win is Kimi, so this has nothing to do with drivers preference. but I would prefer him winning because of his driving, not because his team, which provides the Pirelli test car, miracilously almost consistently needs one stop less than the opposition. Pirelli is making a mockery of my favourite sport and I'm not going to sit on my hands while some Pirelli dimwit drawls on live TV how they cannot change the tires or some team would win. That's pure and unadulterated manipulation. I'm just a non-descript mothertrucker, but if I can take the fight to the scheming *******s at Pirelli, I will try, even at the risk of losing.

donKey jote
13th May 2013, 05:46
A corrupt supplier

jeez take a pill man :rolleyes:

henners88
13th May 2013, 06:09
It's the same for everyone as the team principles keep saying.