PDA

View Full Version : Rally Australia Pickem - Competition live

Mintexmemory
24th April 2013, 08:52
Ok, apart from a choice each for Ostberg and JML the picks to date are a Seb fest. Indeed it's hard to imagine anyone apart from 1 of the 2 winning. Finally the smart picks have realised that Mikko isn't going to finish above 5th place unless the others hit trouble - it's just amazing how often that happens though! If JML's new consistency can be allied to improved transmission (I don't think he got the credit he deserved for nursing the 2wd polo through the stage in Portugal) and Mads learns to listen better then it should be some rally

Mintexmemory
29th April 2013, 10:08
Ok - still a lot of regular competitors to make their selections, Majority of picks are for a Seb. JML, Mads, Mikko all have a few emotional picks to win but the lessons seem to have sunk in with most. If the Sebs don't hit trouble then they are 1-2. If Mads and JML don't hit trouble they are ahead of Mikko (and they are both due some good luck!). The only unpredictable is Sordo - was he on fire in Portugal or driving at a speed that exceeded his talent? I think the latter but some of you think he can beat Ogier. Then there are the guys who don't think (or actually are hoping) that Ogier will finish at all. I can't imagine that he won't be on the podium for the 5th successive rally the only doubt I can see is which rally will he have wrapped up WCD?

Rallyper
29th April 2013, 15:53
Itīs not just luck making Ogier on the podium this year, of course. But sooner or later he will have to miss some point. Me myself think itīs in Argentina. Else I must say itīs easy ten points always picking Ogier and before during the years, Loeb on first place. Something I havenīt done only for just one time (Loeb) and in that rally he went off...

Mintexmemory
30th April 2013, 11:54
There are about 30 regular competitors still to pick - recce isn't going to be instructive so no point waiting. The only doubt in my mind is whether VW have got their anti-water ingress perfected for the splashes. (remember they certainly had the altitude thing licked in Mexico).

Mintexmemory
5th May 2013, 10:35
Results at http://www.motorsportforums.com/pickems/round.php?series=rally&round=5 Congrats to HarrisWRC

dimviii
5th May 2013, 16:22
Results at http://www.motorsportforums.com/pickems/round.php?series=rally&round=5 Congrats to HarrisWRC

hanaaaaa harriswrc!!!

pettersolberg29
5th May 2013, 17:13
Up to 3rd overall - got to be happy with that. Without the huge Solberg bias I had I am able to be much more objective ;) haha

Mintexmemory
5th May 2013, 18:00
Up to 3rd overall - got to be happy with that. Without the huge Solberg bias I had I am able to be much more objective ;) haha

Objectivity is a wonderful talent but I cant help thinking the majority of high scores this rally were SL fan boys ;)
Still this result has opened up the field nicely now the natural selection for winner is easy until France!

Rallyper
5th May 2013, 22:28
Objectivity is a wonderful talent but I cant help thinking the majority of high scores this rally were SL fan boys ;)
Still this result has opened up the field nicely now the natural selection for winner is easy until France!

If not making picks with your heart as said before. If I wanted to be high up Iīd always had voted SL and this year SO for first place. ;)

Mintexmemory
6th May 2013, 08:38
If not making picks with your heart as said before. If I wanted to be high up Iīd always had voted SL and this year SO for first place. ;)
I see that whatever method we follow you and I seem to end up in the same place in the overall results so far! :)

rayh_mx
6th May 2013, 20:47
16th for first time pickem... it isnt badī :cool:

Mintexmemory
23rd May 2013, 09:33
Still seeing significant predictions for a Mikko win :erm: Of course I could look stupid and he wipes the floor with VW who suddenly discover how to make their cars totally unreliable! However, I'm going for a Finn to recover his winning style on this event - and it isn't Mikko.
This voting with your heart not your head is something I've stopped doing in the F1 pickem but WRC is too much in my psyche for me to divorce myself from emotional responses (damn it!). My ideal podium would be JML / Seb O / Thierry N. Meanwhile the WRC2 / JWRC unofficial competition for Greece is running with some more guidance as to Kubica's abilities after Corsica to consider.

Vaggelis27
23rd May 2013, 12:00
After the 5 days test i expect the VW very strong.The only man that can beat Ogier in this race i believe is JM.Mikko will take the 3rd place.It's the thing that he knows better to do!

Mintexmemory
30th May 2013, 10:14
OK all you fence-sitters and brinksmen less than 24 hours before pickem entry closes and almost a hundred entries already in. Entrants from 26 different nations so far (including 8 from the little known Terra Incognita)
Still a hefty support for Mikko after the big favourite - Le Seb (Clearly a lot of people like the track by Hue and Cry, "King of Wishful Thinking" ;) )

Rallyper
30th May 2013, 14:36
Interesting to me is how VW will make the ruff stages in Greece. I think they are even ruffer this year (can you tell Dimviii?) and testing isnīt everything...

Mikko have the pace and will if he manages this perfect take a win in Greece. Maybe also Mads Ostberg who was third last year(?) and now have a more competitive car than last year.

Mintexmemory
30th May 2013, 14:53
Mexico and Argentina were rough and the VW suspension seemed to cope fine. Punctures are a lottery (only a certainty if you are JML.) If the handbrake issue is solved then I can't see anything but a VW win. Especially as there is no 'Loeb pressure'

pantealex
30th May 2013, 15:30
Nobody can win every rally, not even Ogier.
That is why I choose Mikko this time.

Mintexmemory
30th May 2013, 16:32
Nobody can win every rally, not even Ogier.
That is why I choose Mikko this time.

Which is the logic I used to employ regarding Loeb ;)

dimviii
30th May 2013, 21:34
Interesting to me is how VW will make the ruff stages in Greece. I think they are even ruffer this year (can you tell Dimviii?) and testing isnīt everything...

Mikko have the pace and will if he manages this perfect take a win in Greece. Maybe also Mads Ostberg who was third last year(?) and now have a more competitive car than last year.

Rougher? hmmm for safer answer will have to wait after the rally.You cant know just by seeing a gravel road of these types if they are better or worst from previous years.

World Rally Championship - News - Acropolis roads: the lowdown (http://www.wrc.com/news/acropolis-roads-the-lowdown/?fid=18592)

Mintexmemory
2nd June 2013, 17:57
Congrats to Jaj? and all the other JML backers who finally had there faith repaid!!!
Sardinia next and I'm backing a VW win (just got to decide which one ;) )

EightGear
2nd June 2013, 18:05
Prokop's time adjustment on SS13 means he is now 7th and Mikko 8th.

Mintexmemory
2nd June 2013, 18:11
Prokop's time adjustment on SS13 means he is now 7th and Mikko 8th.
Thanks corrected

stefanvv
2nd June 2013, 18:17
Wow, what result I did with just 1 correct pickem :D

pettersolberg29
5th June 2013, 23:18
3rd bottom is my worst ever result by some distance. I'm almost impressed with how bad that is.

A FONDO
6th June 2013, 07:39
3rd bottom is my worst ever result by some distance. I'm almost impressed with how bad that is.

I am even worse :D to be honest, I just moved Ogier in front and filled the rest by the order they appeared in the drop-down menu.

Mintexmemory
6th June 2013, 12:48
I am even worse :D to be honest, I just moved Ogier in front and filled the rest by the order they appeared in the drop-down menu.
Try it in reverse order after putting JML first for Sardinia ;)

Mintexmemory
14th June 2013, 11:07
Important if you want to make Elfyn Evans a pickem choice for Rally Italia then select Al Attiyah.
If you have already picked Al Attiyah and don't want it to count as an EE choice then please resubmit your whole pickem.

All entries at deadline containing Al Attiyah will be treated as a choice for Evans

Mintexmemory
18th June 2013, 14:09
Time running out for R d'I entries and I've changed mine to include a pick for Evans.

Mintexmemory
19th June 2013, 10:21
Amazed that people believe Prokop is going to finish ahead of Evans. Yes it's his first WRC drive but the guy is a bit special.

leighton323
19th June 2013, 10:32
Amazed that people believe Prokop is going to finish ahead of Evans. Yes it's his first WRC drive but the guy is a bit special.

Prokop cleans up the scraps ;) the hyena isn't it?? That's why I picked him ;)

Mintexmemory
19th June 2013, 12:05
Prokop cleans up the scraps ;) the hyena isn't it?? That's why I picked him ;) For Italy Prokop is now in the Vulture class (follows the Hyenas!)

A FONDO
19th June 2013, 13:17

He is special only for people from an island north-west of Europe.

Mintexmemory
19th June 2013, 13:25
He is special only for people from an island north-west of Europe.
After the Solberg Stepson hype in recent months it would be as well to remember what the WRC Academy results from 2012 were. Also young Evans has clearly been more impressive than Matthew pounding around the private forest or else it would have been yet another come-back for Wilson jr. ;)

Mintexmemory
25th June 2013, 00:37
Congratulations to the winner Mekola who has stormed up the chart as a result!
Also respect to the new competition leader Tolis.

Ok Evans did well but Prokop surprised me - both really were Hyenas though!
At least I was first of those who didn't pick Ogier to win ;) JML for NORF!

makinen_fan
25th June 2013, 08:45
Where is the link for Pickem results?

Dug83
25th June 2013, 09:10
Can't believe I missed the deadline!!!

Mintexmemory
25th June 2013, 09:22
Where is the link for Pickem results?

Oh the youth of today, challenged by 4 clicks to navigate the site!!
Ok for those of you demanding instant gratification
http://www.motorsportforums.com/pickems/round.php?series=rally&round=7

;)
Sorry. Dug because of changing shakedown times the deadline can't be consistent. I was amazed the previous leader didn't post a pick!
Moral. - get in early (good for most life-situations.)

makinen_fan
25th June 2013, 10:53
Oh the youth of today, challenged by 4 clicks to navigate the site!!
Ok for those of you demanding instant gratification
http://www.motorsportforums.com/pickems/round.php?series=rally&round=7

;)

Thanks P, I searched a bit but I could not find it :confused:

Mintexmemory
25th June 2013, 12:13
On my BB it's >Forums >General. > Pickems Results> World Rally Championship Pickems

Not the most obvious route - well done to you Y - very good position.

makinen_fan
25th June 2013, 12:26
On my BB it's >Forums >General. > Pickems Results> World Rally Championship Pickems

Not the most obvious route

Cheers P, I will know next time! I never go outside the Rallying subforum, that's why I never spotted it there!

- well done to you Y - very good position.

This time I went with my head not my heart, and it paid back

Dug83
25th June 2013, 13:59
Sorry. Dug because of changing shakedown times the deadline can't be consistent. I was amazed the previous leader didn't post a pick!
Moral. - get in early (good for most life-situations.)

No don't be sorry! For some reason I was running a day behind last week.

Rallyper
25th June 2013, 21:47
Not bad being third from the bottom. Mikko, Novikov, PG and Mikkelsen let me down this time. Of course I could have had Ogier at first plce, but thatīs too easy for me. NORF next, and Iīll be by the first 20...

Vaggelis27
26th June 2013, 10:43
I was too close!NExt time!

Ucci
27th June 2013, 14:16
Woau, as I'm on holidays, I did't care much for Pickem results, but now I finaly see, that I was quite at the top-12th place, not bad, not bad....

Mintexmemory
19th July 2013, 08:18
Woof - suddenly JML is the most popular pick for the win. Been a long time since his reputation was so high. Remember there is the support category prediction(like last year's second half of the season pickem I ran) People are so convinced by Ketomaa's entry they are even predicting top 8 (difficult when there are so many good WRC entries)

Rallyper
21st July 2013, 10:56
I think JML is allowed to win if thereīs only a few seconds between him and Ogier in 1st and 2nd. JML really has the pace to win in Finland without teamorders as well.

A.F.F.
25th July 2013, 10:44
There's still something wrong with the pickems... :mark:

Mintexmemory
29th July 2013, 09:02
Well it's a couple of days to deadline. Remember WEDNESDAY cut off. No one yet ((by which I mean a Finn) has gone for the home grand slam - 4 being the most top 8 Finn- ishers. Whether the 4th best Finn will be. Nikara, Ketomaa or Lappi is the key question. Try the WRC2 unofficial pick if you want. To predict a Finnish winner but can't see past Ogier for WRC.
Just want to congratulate Rally Forum posters for being so civilised - so glad we can debate without turning into the F1 area ;)

Dug83
29th July 2013, 09:14
I'm in this time!!!

Mintexmemory
29th July 2013, 10:23
I'm in this time!!!
Huzzah, my heartiest contrafibrulations. Try the 2/3& J-WRC pick contest too (aka spot the scandic/nordic winner!)

Mintexmemory
30th July 2013, 08:00
Summer holiday season and people go missing but I think we are still 30 picks missing. Just 1 day to go so get those picks in. Actually, to have as many competitors still active in the second half of the season is very gratifying.Really looking forward to this one!

A FONDO
30th July 2013, 08:33
The tourists will rejoin us later through superrally! Now outsiders like me can gain some places with persistency!

pantealex
30th July 2013, 11:54
My opinion for NORF pickem:
There is 14 WRC and only 1 (Tahko) is slower than WRC-2, quite many here think that 5-6 WRC will go "out"
I donīt believe that there will be WRC-2 in Top 8.

Mintexmemory
30th July 2013, 12:28
I agree, P. In fact the competition in WRC2 may be so fierce that the fastest guys take each other out.

Mintexmemory
4th August 2013, 21:01
OK congrats to Gordini who got the Podium places exact! Also to Wim_Impreza who moves into 1st place

I finished nearly last - I must stop picking with my heart!!!
Results at http://www.motorsportforums.com/pickems/round.php?series=rally&round=8 for those of you unable to navigate around the site ;)

Thanks to all the competitors for your continued interest, not long to go until Germany.

Kielder
4th August 2013, 21:48
Regarding some picks I've been doing, I can't understand why I'm still climbing positions. Oh! I know, the Latvala's fans... :)

A FONDO
4th August 2013, 21:59
I have also climbed 18 places with just 24 points, unbelievable. Thierry saved me this time, as I had decided to trust JML on podium for first (and last!) time this year.

Kielder
4th August 2013, 22:12
I suppose you've seen ap40's pick... :p

pettersolberg29
5th August 2013, 15:19
Up to 2nd - getting excited now ;)

Mintexmemory
5th August 2013, 16:05
Up to 2nd - getting excited now ;)

So much easier when your favourite driver isn't involved ;)

Rallyper
6th August 2013, 09:03
Best one so far! :)

I have problems with my computer at home due to a heavy thunderstorm last week at home. Comments from NORF later on...

pettersolberg29
6th August 2013, 20:41
So much easier when your favourite driver isn't involved ;)

It really is - I actually understand who is good and bad as opposed to blindly supporting one person now ;)

Mintexmemory
27th August 2013, 11:53
Results in for Germany (Still recovering from the 29c Weissbier!!)
Congratulations to Maui.J for the least inaccurate prediction ;) - the 9th different round winner in as many rallies. A solid performance from tolis leapfrogs him into the lead, with kbalaazs (out of site but for the missed round!) and harriswrc in close pursuit. Hotting up nicely for the last 4 rounds - especially now Sordo has lost the perpetual loser tag. As usual I got it entirely wrong (but was in good company!)

Rallyper
27th August 2013, 15:21
Well, 6th this time as well. Not so bad. Up 19 places overall...

A FONDO
27th August 2013, 17:34
..and I am down with 26 places overall 'coz I missed the deadline for a few hours :rolleyes:

Mihai
27th August 2013, 20:21
Seasonal best - 4th in Germany. I didn't saw it coming, especially after Ogier's retirement, but luckily almost everyone else also picked Seb 2.0 for the win.

Toyoda
28th August 2013, 02:06
..and I am down with 26 places overall 'coz I missed the deadline for a few hours :rolleyes:

SlowSon, im gunna take you down on the next round!

Maui J.
31st August 2013, 10:26
Results in for Germany
Congratulations to Maui.J for the least inaccurate prediction ;)

Ha! Nicely put Mintex.
Yah, first win for a few years!!

Mintexmemory
3rd September 2013, 10:37
Well I'm getting behind JML, Meeke and Paddon (first WRC2 podium? be nice but I can't bring myself to predict it)
I also predict that this will see most of the top 10 finishers scoring points on super rally.

vino_93
10th September 2013, 14:09
How can I do pickem now ? :confused:

Kielder
10th September 2013, 21:53

I've done it manually. I've copied my number code from Germany's thread. We have to survive while we're under attack :vader: .

Mark
10th September 2013, 21:57

You can't unfortunately. Well have to suspend pickems for now as the system is totally dependent on forum code and not easy to change.

Mintexmemory
11th September 2013, 12:16
Ignore the previous post - Mark has got us up and running again!

makinen_fan
11th September 2013, 17:18
PICKEM:81705,makinen_fan,J-M Latvala,T Neuville,M Ostberg,M Hirvonen,K Meeke,E Novikov,Mikkelsen,S Ogier

T.Maanteiden kuningas
11th September 2013, 17:39
Do I have to do new pickem if I have done earlier (before that attack) Australian pickem?

Mark
11th September 2013, 17:43
Do I have to do new pickem if I have done earlier (before that attack) Australian pickem?

If it's already in this thread then no :)

TyPat107
11th September 2013, 18:17
So can't stick a pick'ems in now?

Mark
11th September 2013, 20:56
So can't stick a pick'ems in now?

You can if you want yes.

TyPat107
11th September 2013, 21:14
Manually enter? I can't find the link anywhere. Tried my phone, laptop, wife's laptop, work computer... Can't find the link.

Mark
11th September 2013, 21:42
pickem.php?driverlist=1131815 (http://www.motorsportforums.com/pickem.php?driverlist=1131815)