PDA

View Full Version : Eurovision 2013

Rollo
24th April 2013, 00:31
What do we all think?

Montenegro has gone for a weird dubstep thing and it's truly awful. Malta's song is growing on me but I can't help but feel that it belongs in an advert for a supermarket. Norway's song belongs at the beginning of an action film of some sort.
Bonnie Tyler to represent the UK? OK, so the song doesn't suck but it's not going to do much. I expect it to pick up 6s and 7s but no 10s or 12s.

But then this came along...

G3k2MOJOkKg

DOUZE POINT
I hope that Greece win it this year. Sometimes hardship breeds strength... Austerity is killing Greece, so they've told Europe to shut up and dance :D

henners88
24th April 2013, 08:25
As I say every year the whole competition is a politically motivated joke. I really wish we didn't enter it as we really don't need it as our music industry is healthy without it. I'm surprised we haven't actually been banned considering we don't seem to take it seriously enough to enter anyone decent lol. Its an entertainment event with bad music but many laughs IMO. In my student days we used to play a drinking game when the voting came on because it was so predictable. You knew which country would give their top points to, well mostly, and Terry Wogan was a brilliant commentator who continued the comic element taking the mick out of just about every act. The presenters also offer entertainment with ill thought out jokes and conversations that most viewers in Europe none the wiser as to what is going on.

I agree though Rollo, it would be nice for Greece to win or a Country in need of something that would inject a bit of money into their economy. Eurovision is huge in some European countries and I fully support some good coming out of it. :)

gadjo_dilo
24th April 2013, 09:04
I agree though Rollo, it would be nice for Greece to win or a Country in need of something that would inject a bit of money into their economy. Eurovision is huge in some European countries and I fully support some good coming out of it. :)
Are you kidding? These days everybody is trying to avoid winning because organizing the event takes a lot of money.

I hope that Greece win it this year. Sometimes hardship breeds strength... Austerity is killing Greece, so they've told Europe to shut up and dance

Whatever happens in life, failure or achievement, we should go on enjoying ourselves.
A man needs a little madness or else he never dare to break the chains and be free.
Greeks have the ability to see only the serene character of life and try to transfer their optimistic attitude to those around.
That's what greeks try to teach the westerners. Sometimes they succeed to. Like in this memorable bit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UV6HVMRmdk]

Big Ben
24th April 2013, 09:12
romania is sending an eunuch to eurovision

odykas
24th April 2013, 09:17
DOUZE POINT
I hope that Greece win it this year.

No thank you :p :

No Mandinga this year? :s

gadjo_dilo
24th April 2013, 09:23

That's how the countertenors are called? :confused:
Now I reckon he sings as if someone is squeezing his b*lls but still...

henners88
24th April 2013, 09:31
Are you kidding? These days everybody is trying to avoid winning because organizing the event takes a lot of money.
True, I hadn't considered that. Maybe that has been our tactic for years and perhaps Ireland's? They sent Jedward a couple of years ago didn't they? My guess is they were aiming for permanent expulsion.

gadjo_dilo
24th April 2013, 09:52
True, I hadn't considered that. Maybe that has been our tactic for years ......
Now to avoid winning is one thing and to be among the last and to make a fool of yourself is another.

Engelbert Humperdink, Bonnie Tyler.....
Next year send Cliff Richard ( in case he's still alive ).

henners88
24th April 2013, 10:07
Now to avoid winning is one thing and to be among the last and to make a fool of yourself is another.

Engelbert Humperdink, Bonnie Tyler.....
Next year send Cliff Richard ( in case he's still alive ).
I'm sure we can scrape another washed up crooner out of the barrel next year too lol. I think coming last gets as much credit as coming first in the UK to be honest :D

We have a TV program on at the moment called 'The Reunion'. Its basically a few acts from 10 years ago that either lost their record contracts or were just too rubbish to continue. The show is entertaining because its giving them an arena tour whilst giving them the impression people still care about what they are up to. They have Five, Atomic Kitten, Bewitched, Blue, Honey's, 911 etc. My wife has watched it for curiosity as she liked a couple of them in her teen years. I would probably put money on one of these representing us in next years Eurovision. If Cliff declines that is. He is too busy sitting on beaches topping up his amazing leather look tan and giving interviews to Hello magazine about how he keeps his plastic youthful looks the natural way and answering leading question's about why he never married. ;)

gadjo_dilo
24th April 2013, 10:32
We have a TV program on at the moment called 'The Reunion'. Its basically a few acts from 10 years ago that either lost their record contracts or were just too rubbish to continue. The show is entertaining because its giving them an arena tour whilst giving them the impression people still care about what they are up to.
Great. Those who were famous about 30 years ago are busy now touring Romania, Then the TV news show middle aged people chuffed to see their idols from youth and shouting "I was waiting for them for a lifetime". :laugh:
Bonnie Tyler, Smokie ( without Chris Norman ), Chris Norman ( as a solo act ), Thin Lizzy, The Sweet + other european acts like BZN, Baccara, Patricia Kaas, Adamo (!!!!!), Enrico Macias (!!!!!),Al Bano (!!!!), Boney M are regular appearances on our stages. One TV channel even resuscitated good old Nana Mouskouri. :devil:

Mintexmemory
24th April 2013, 11:03
That's how the countertenors are called? :confused:
Now I reckon he sings as if someone is squeezing his b*lls but still...

Speaking of countertenors if anyone is interested look up the Klaus Nomi / David Bowie live version of 'Man who Sold the World' -disturbing and haunting

gadjo_dilo
24th April 2013, 12:03
No Mandinga this year? :s

This year you'll get Cezar:
Cesar - It's My Life (Romania) 2013 Eurovision Song Contest Official Video | Video | Eurovision Song Contest - Malmö 2013 (http://www.eurovision.tv/page/multimedia/videos?id=76283)

The weird thing is that we had two countertenors in the national selection.
Here's the other one:
Finala Eurovision 2013: Narcis Iustin Ian (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ro_sEzjg9mM)

SGWilko
25th April 2013, 12:55
Quite why it is still labelled a song contest, as it has not been about the music/singing for several decades now.

Rollo
25th April 2013, 13:01
Quite why it is still labelled a song contest, as it has not been about the music/singing for several decades now.

The "Eurovision Vote For Your Neighbours And Or Nations That Gave You Money Except The UK Or France Competition" just doesn't have the same ring to it :D

gadjo_dilo
25th April 2013, 13:23
The "Eurovision Vote For Your Neighbours And Or Nations That Gave You Money Except The UK Or France Competition" .....D

We always get 0 points from neighbours and no country get money from us. However it happened twice to get the third place. :confused:

henners88
25th April 2013, 14:05
We always get 0 points from neighbours and no country get money from us. However it happened twice to get the third place. :confused:

The United Kingdom's neighbours hate us too don't worry ;) :p

AndyL
26th April 2013, 10:26
True, I hadn't considered that. Maybe that has been our tactic for years and perhaps Ireland's? They sent Jedward a couple of years ago didn't they? My guess is they were aiming for permanent expulsion.

The trouble with sending a complete piss-take act is it can backfire, and you might win... remember Lordi?

If we're going to carry on sending washed-up old-timers, I vote for Ozzy.

odykas
26th April 2013, 11:23
Any interesting chicks this year? :devil:

donKey jote
26th April 2013, 15:55
Alonso's ex is doing it for Spain :erm: :dozey:

gadjo_dilo
14th May 2013, 18:39
Hey guys, if tonight you have some spare time and nothing better to do you may watch the first semi final.
If you have a spare euro you may vote for Moldova and make me happy. :devil:

Tonight's entries: Austria, Estonia Denmark, Lithuania, Cyprus, the Netherlands, Croatia, Slovenia, Serbia, Ukraine, Moldova, Montenegro, Ireland, Belarus, Belgium, Russia

Langdale Forest
17th May 2013, 20:51
Denmark is the country most people expect (and are probably going to help) win.

gadjo_dilo
17th May 2013, 21:51
People may expect whatever they want. It,s a fact that the number of Romania's entry dictates the winner.
In 2009 Romania entered the competition on number 22 and in 2010 the song at number 22 won.
In 2010 Romania entered on number 19 and in 2011 the 19 th song won.
In 2011 entered on number 17 and in 2012 Loreen won after being at number 17.

Now it's simple. In 2012 Romania was number 14. Guess who'll enter at number 14 this year.
Scary........ :laugh:

donKey jote
17th May 2013, 22:02
Mou does a donkey :laugh:

henners88
18th May 2013, 20:02
It's on, anybody excited? Haven't watched it for years but its not the same without Big Tel narrating over the top and taking the Michael :p

gadjo_dilo
18th May 2013, 20:07
Can't believe you're watching........ :confused:

BleAivano
18th May 2013, 20:09
It's on, anybody excited? Haven't watched it for years but its not the same without Big Tel narrating over the top and taking the Michael :p

nope I'm watching the Czech Speedway GP at Marketa Stadium in Prague.

henners88
18th May 2013, 20:10
Can't believe you're watching........ :confused:
I doubt i'll watch it all as the wife is less than impressed but when she's gone to bed i'll make sure I watch the voting as its great fun predicting :)

henners88
18th May 2013, 20:10
nope I'm watching the Czech Speedway GP at Marketa Stadium in Prague.
Can't fault that.

henners88
18th May 2013, 20:17
Lithuania has to win it, I think I can turn over now. What an intro :D

gadjo_dilo
18th May 2013, 20:21
I like them.. Couldn't watch him properly cos I have some workers fixing my room.
Watch Moldova.. She sings in romanian.

gadjo_dilo
18th May 2013, 20:27
Wow..... A lesbian kiss.....

henners88
18th May 2013, 20:38
I take it back, the Estonian bird looks like wife so they have to win... Done ;)

gadjo_dilo
18th May 2013, 20:46
I take it back, the Estonian bird looks like wife ;)
You're a lucky guy...... :laugh:

henners88
18th May 2013, 20:51
Thanks, she didn't take it as a compliment though... Oops time for a beer :D

donKey jote
18th May 2013, 20:52
How did Alonsa do ? :dozey:

gadjo_dilo
18th May 2013, 20:53
I'm on red wine.
I like Germany.

donKey jote
18th May 2013, 20:54
Contigo hasta el final oh yea :dozey:

gadjo_dilo
18th May 2013, 20:56
Disappointing. I thought she's more beautiful....

odykas
18th May 2013, 21:03
Not much so far... I liked Moldova.

gadjo_dilo
18th May 2013, 21:06
Anouk,the one who used to be "nobody's wife'' for Netherlands.

And now ladies and gentlemen get ready for Cezar-the Voice.
Don't be mean, he even waxed his chest for the show

donKey jote
18th May 2013, 21:09
Disappointing. I thought she's more beautiful....

yep, wish wife looked like her though :dork: :andrea:

gadjo_dilo
18th May 2013, 21:13
yep, wish wife looked like her though :dork: :andrea:
Yours or Billy's? :confused:

gadjo_dilo
18th May 2013, 21:14
I thought Bonnie Tyler sings only for Vanghelion. :devil:

donKey jote
18th May 2013, 21:19
Yours or Billy's? :confused:

Billy's looks like Cezar :devil:

odykas
18th May 2013, 21:23

Alonsa -> Alonsova :erm:

gadjo_dilo
18th May 2013, 21:25
Billy's looks like Cezar :devil:
That's not bad. Cezar was voted sexiest guy at this edition.

donKey jote
18th May 2013, 21:25
Alonsa -> Alonsova http://www.motorsportforums.com/images/smilies/erm.gif

^ :kiss:

odykas
18th May 2013, 21:29
Too many slow songs :s nore:

gadjo_dilo
18th May 2013, 21:30
Oh...... A long haired guy...... :heart:

donKey jote
18th May 2013, 21:33
I like the danish patsy :bandit:

gadjo_dilo
18th May 2013, 21:36
Too many slow songs :s nore:
Now we'll wake up with 'gretzili,

donKey jote
18th May 2013, 21:36
Oh...... A long haired guy...... :heart:

the song sounds like something out of Shrek though :p

donKey jote
18th May 2013, 21:38
ody stinks :laugh:

gadjo_dilo
18th May 2013, 21:43
12 points for Greece. Funny, catchy, not to mention that greek is te most beautiful language......
The old guy (Agathon?) Loos like my big boss.

odykas
18th May 2013, 21:43
Ukraine :s hock:

donKey jote
18th May 2013, 21:44
pino has a new suit :p

odykas
18th May 2013, 21:46
pino has a new suit :p

:laugh:

gadjo_dilo
18th May 2013, 21:47
The italian guy looks like the type girls' mothers would like for their dsughters.
But the song is good. Typical San Remo.

odykas
18th May 2013, 21:48
ody stinks :laugh:

true :(

donKey jote
18th May 2013, 21:51
nice piece of norwegian bum :facelick: :erm: :andrea:

odykas
18th May 2013, 22:02
Ukraine in a class of her own http://serve.mysmiley.net/love/love0001.gif

henners88
18th May 2013, 22:06
Any thoughts on Romania's effort? :)

donKey jote
18th May 2013, 22:07
I liked the music :)

gadjo_dilo
18th May 2013, 22:07
Now three respectable ladies would teach you how to vote

UHVz6k0Y2Yk

:devil:

donKey jote
18th May 2013, 22:08
Ukraine in a class of her own http://serve.mysmiley.net/love/love0001.gif

still prefer the danish pastry :cheese:

gadjo_dilo
18th May 2013, 22:09
nice piece of norwegian bum :facelick: :erm: :andrea:
Isn't it too big? :confused:

donKey jote
18th May 2013, 22:10
Hey Henns, congrats on your 8812th post !!! :up: :D

donKey jote
18th May 2013, 22:11
Isn't it too big? :confused:

nowhere near too big :andrea:

gadjo_dilo
18th May 2013, 22:15
I liked the music :)

What about the dress? Sort of count Dracula dressed in princess Arabella's dress ( memories of my youth and csechoslovakian tv series for kids )

donKey jote
18th May 2013, 22:17
Any thoughts on Romania's effort? :)

my daughter just heard it and can't stop laughing :laugh:

gadjo_dilo
18th May 2013, 22:18
nowhere near too big :andrea:

De gustibus......

Since you guys vote after beauty I'll take the lithuanian vocalist. Cute and with attitude. :kiss:

odykas
18th May 2013, 22:18
The concept of Romania is influenced by count Dracula for sure.

henners88
18th May 2013, 22:22
Hey Henns, congrats on your 8812th post !!! :up: :D
Cheers Donkey old chap lol.

my daughter just heard it and can't stop laughing :laugh:
Last time I heard a man sing like that, it wasn't voluntary and he was being held by something :)

gadjo_dilo
18th May 2013, 22:24
Talking about voting, hsve you noticed that none of the countries from former Yougoslavia got to final despite unshamessly voting for each other?

gadjo_dilo
18th May 2013, 22:32
Last time I heard a man sing like that, it wasn't voluntary and he was being held by something :)
Hmm... That explins why Cezarica opted for a long dress that became longer at the end of the song.

Hen, I think it's time for you to go to the opera more often. He's a countertenor and it's a rare thing.

gadjo_dilo
18th May 2013, 22:38
An alien from Stockholm.....

gadjo_dilo
18th May 2013, 22:45
4 points from UK. Probably from Henners and his lovely wife.

odykas
18th May 2013, 22:50
Ukraine is rising http://serve.mysmiley.net/happy/happy0001.gif

gadjo_dilo
18th May 2013, 22:59
Ukraine is rising http://serve.mysmiley.net/happy/happy0001.gif

Just look on the table and see how many countries come from ex SU. They keep voting for each other.

odykas
18th May 2013, 23:09
Just look on the table and see how many countries come from ex SU. They keep voting for each other.

That's the old Nordic trick.

gadjo_dilo
18th May 2013, 23:16
Greece gave 8 points to Ukraine I bet Ody spent a fortune on votes. :devil:
And the 10 points to Romania arre from my cousins

odykas
20th May 2013, 09:42
No, pino did that for Denmark :evil:

henners88
20th May 2013, 10:17
I turned over before all the votes were cast and was surprised I didn't bump into the result at some point yesterday? Who the hell votes anyway?

Franky
20th May 2013, 17:56
I'm stunned that there' s a thread about Eurovision here :D

gadjo_dilo
20th May 2013, 18:25
I'm stunned that there' s a thread about Eurovision here :D
Why? Some of us still have a healthy sense of humour.

Franky
20th May 2013, 18:40
Just seems an unlikely place to find a thread about Eurovision. I know that it's quite a big thing in many European countries and in some, well not so much. Just didn't expect to see it in a motorsport forum

Tho it's always a joy to watch the show from a professional perspective (the broadcast production).

gadjo_dilo
20th May 2013, 18:47
Yeah, we usually have serious talks about banning guns and pitbulls, God's existance, our drinking capacities, same sex marriages, etc.

gadjo_dilo
21st May 2013, 09:44
Cezar got 23% from italian televoting beating by far the rest of the crowd ( followed by Moldova 13,79, Ukraine 13,23. Denmark only 3,2.) Unfortunately the italian jury gave him nothing.

Also he's the champion of youtube downloads - 1400000 ( Denmark has only 800000).

Unfortunately he was dumped by his gf ( 14 years older than him ) just in the day of the contest. :devil:

henners88
21st May 2013, 09:54
Cezar got 23% from italian televoting beating by far the rest of the crowd ( followed by Moldova 13,79, Ukraine 13,23. Denmark only 3,2.) Unfortunately the italian jury gave him nothing.

Also he's the champion of youtube downloads - 1400000 ( Denmark has only 800000).

Unfortunately he was dumped by his gf ( 14 years older than him ) just in the day of the contest. :devil:
I appreciate his skills at being able to reach such high notes and being male, but the song itself and his facial expressions got him a comedy following on twitter lol. From a personal point of view I can't stand opera music. I've lost count the amount of times clients have given me tickets to the Welsh National Opera and I've passed them on swiftly. Thom Yorke of Radiohead has tenor, vibrato, falsetto abilities and I am much more in awe when it is used in music I like, as alternative as it is. If I had wanted to vote on Saturday night I probably would have voted for Romania's Cezar because it took a lot of 'balls' to do what he did. However restricted they may have been. :)

gadjo_dilo
21st May 2013, 10:13
I've lost count the amount of times clients have given me tickets to the Welsh National Opera and I've passed them on swiftly.

Bribe? :confused:

henners88
21st May 2013, 10:20
Bribe? :confused:
Call it an exchange of services. The tickets themselves are just perks for me using their company for various things. I pass on tickets to friends and associates that I have no interest in using, and in turn I can call them up and ask to be added to the corporate membership lists at Vale and Celtic Manor golf courses. I haven't had GP tickets for a few years now though, perhaps I should save up the favours. :)

gadjo_dilo
21st May 2013, 11:17
Bribe is also offered for a "service" and sometimes its form is "in nature". :devil:

One of our ex-ministers is emprisoned because he accepted some traditional sausages and a few litres of tuica for a "service". :devil: