PDA

View Full Version : Rallye Wrc Monte-Carlo 2014

jbmarcus21
17th April 2013, 21:16
It is now confirmed by Automobile Club Monaco.

The rally move to Gap Town for 3 Days - Shakedown at Gap

15-16-17 January 2014 !

Le Rallye Wrc Monte-Carlo 2014 à Gap ! (http://planetemarcus.com/le-rallye-wrc-monte-carlo-2014-a-gap/)

Mirek
17th April 2013, 21:36
Frankly I welcome the move. Any rumors about the stages? Col de Bleine or Bayons would be great :)

Dug83
18th April 2013, 08:23
Is the Gap area good for winter/snowy conditions around that time of the year?

Francis44
18th April 2013, 08:50
Good stages on that area?

Mirek
18th April 2013, 09:49
Gap is in sharper mountains. Hard to compare by snowy conditions because Valence was not bad with snow but on the other hand some Valence stages are quite boring if without snow. The character of stages around Gap is much more demanding in my opinion. This year La Motte Chalancon and Sisteron were in the area. From previous IRC editions it was the Montauban sur l'Ouveze stage which is in the Gap area. That was one of the most spectacular stages and almost always on snow (my favorite stage for spectating). Stage Bayons is another old one from the area.

This is famous crazy onboard of Kuzaj from Bayons 1998 (watch complete :) )
Onboard Mitsubishi Lancer Evo III Rally Monte Carlo 1998 1 de 3 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahH2vCsjuEU)
Onboard Mitsubishi Lancer Evo III Rally Monte Carlo 1998 2 de 3 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-I0snXGrNq0)
Onboard Mitsubishi Lancer Evo III Rally Monte Carlo 1998 3 de 3 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fanJgz5adEc)

Dug83
18th April 2013, 09:56
Thanks Mirek, a wealth of knowledge as always!

Mintexmemory
18th April 2013, 10:01
Frankly I welcome the move. Any rumors about the stages? Col de Bleine or Bayons would be great :)

In the initial announcement -
le Col d’Espréaux et St Apollinaire / Prunières, en attendant le détail du parcours début de l’été 2013.

So that's 2 stages that are certain.

On a personal note I now have to look for accomodation having planned for a Valence rally - still a place in the party of 4 if anyone is interested.

Doon
18th April 2013, 12:23
In the initial announcement -
le Col d’Espréaux et St Apollinaire / Prunières, en attendant le détail du parcours début de l’été 2013.

So that's 2 stages that are certain.

On a personal note I now have to look for accomodation having planned for a Valence rally - still a place in the party of 4 if anyone is interested.

'Prunieres' I recognise that on from WRC4 on the PS2 ;) Good stage lol

Kielder
18th April 2013, 13:21
Do you think that Ogier will win his second WRC title this season? Will JML win again a rally this year? What about those rumours of Loeb's return? I'm anxious to see the performance of those drivers that Hyundai has hired. What a surprise! :D

Kielder
18th April 2013, 14:28
Being serious, last year the Col d'Espréaux was part of the Monte Carlo Historique. It was the ZR10 Les Savoyons / Barcillonnette, almost seventeen km. It shouldn't be much different.

ACM - Automobile Club de Monaco (http://www.acm.mc/page-tab-histo.php?id_menu=5&id_sousmenu=27)

Kielder
18th April 2013, 14:44
The official announcement:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BIENBfjCUAA1bl4.jpg

Mintexmemory
18th April 2013, 15:18
The official announcement:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BIENBfjCUAA1bl4.jpg

Now that's very interesting, Kielder. They are still going to run the Saturday night stages, so presumably they have a crowd control plan formulated (please turn off your irony detection meter at this point but activate your Oxometer (BS detection) device). As usual the translation into English is
iffy. The competitors will go back to MonteCarlo (not 'join') and the new format will set the scene for a superb battle (not 'open the route'). I'd have thought with the cash the ACM possess they could afford a better translator, but then it is only for les Rosbifs!!

trickydicky
18th April 2013, 15:46
Gap is right smack bang in the middle of an area of loads of classic stages. Barcillonette, Pont da Savines, Sisteron, Col du Corobin to name just a few. They could do a bunch of stages north of there, back over the full Chartreuse stage (I wish) and St Jean en Royans to Gap. Then do a loop through the Ardeche stages, inlcuding St Bonnet, La Moulinon and Burzet, back to Gap. And then a leg south to Monte Carlo, over Sisteron and Corobin through St Auban and Roquesteron, finishing off over Loda/Luceram and then the Turini in the dark. There would be no need to repeat any stages. I can always dream...

Kielder
18th April 2013, 16:06
Gap is right smack bang in the middle of an area of loads of classic stages. Barcillonette, Pont da Savines, Sisteron, Col du Corobin to name just a few. They could do a bunch of stages north of there, back over the full Chartreuse stage (I wish) and St Jean en Royans to Gap. Then do a loop through the Ardeche stages, inlcuding St Bonnet, La Moulinon and Burzet, back to Gap. And then a leg south to Monte Carlo, over Sisteron and Corobin through St Auban and Roquesteron, finishing off over Loda/Luceram and then the Turini in the dark. There would be no need to repeat any stages. I can always dream...

It was said on February that the Monte will leave Ardeche next year. Drome remains.

trickydicky
18th April 2013, 16:46
did they say why?

Simorally86
18th April 2013, 17:01
Fantastic news! Stages around Gap are the most beautiful of "Monte"!

steffforno
18th April 2013, 17:43
And Turini? I hope that Will make because is the story of rally

Mirek
18th April 2013, 20:17
The text says that the rally will end by traditional night run around Nice so yes, Turini must be in.

trickydicky
19th April 2013, 10:23
Around Nice? That's an unusual way of putting it, but I assume like you that is what they mean!

Mintexmemory
19th April 2013, 11:08
Around Nice? That's an unusual way of putting it, but I assume like you that is what they mean!

See my post above - I'm surprised that nothing in this anouncement addresses the fiasco of the Saturday night stages cancellation. If the Turini is to run at the same point in the event as this year then what guarantee will there be that ACM can organise sufficient contigency plans to handle the spectator numbers and possible emergencies on stage. I'm particularly interested as I intend to attend MC and don't want to spend good money on travel and accomodation for Saturday / Sunday if I would only get to see 1 additional stage while freezing my sorry ass!

MJW
19th April 2013, 17:25
Wow, what a route, I would love to see that as Rally Monte Carlo