PDA

View Full Version : Korean Gran Prix

mr nobody
6th April 2013, 19:22
Just curious is anyone else thinks that Bernie will still take F1 there with all the heightened tensions in the area.

steveaki13
6th April 2013, 20:09
Interesting point that I haven't really thought about.

I think it would be unlikely if things continue at their currant rate, but things could well suddenly turn upwards. Too early to say.

mr nobody
6th April 2013, 20:26
Give me the Dumb*ss of teh week award. I thought Korea was this week and it's instead China. Too much nonsense going on in my life away from the Internet I screwed it up completely. Someone take the sense hammer and do this ----> :arrows: to me please.

Tazio
6th April 2013, 20:28
Why should South Korea cancel a premier sporting event, and why would Bernie feel the necessity to promote that idea in a country that has a functioning democracy, and no significant internal strife? :confused: Unless N.Korea do something really crazy, I find the likelihood of that very remote :bulb:

Brown, Jon Brow
6th April 2013, 23:07
Would we really miss this circuit if it was struck by a stray missile?

airshifter
7th April 2013, 13:23
Give me the Dumb*ss of teh week award. I thought Korea was this week and it's instead China. Too much nonsense going on in my life away from the Internet I screwed it up completely. Someone take the sense hammer and do this ----> :arrows: to me please.

At least it's still a valid point for discussion. Most of us have made worse threads/comments at some point.

Ranger
7th April 2013, 16:38
Just curious is anyone else thinks that Bernie will still take F1 there with all the heightened tensions in the area.

2011 Bahrain Grand Prix - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Bahrain_Grand_Prix)

That is the closest example of what he will do:

- Exhaust every option to make sure the race goes ahead;
- If that fails, he will collect his money anyway.

dj_bytedisaster
7th April 2013, 17:14
Kim Yong Dumb will nuke the site just at the moment that Ross Brawn decides that both of his cars have 'marginal fuel' again. All in the namne of entertainment, of course.

gtbred
7th April 2013, 18:22
can't believe that they would race if war is at hand.

steveaki13
7th April 2013, 22:53
*sigh*

dj_bytedisaster
7th April 2013, 23:16
can't believe that they would race if war is at hand.

Bernie doesn't really give a damn about inconsequential details like that. Unless there are bombs falling on the track, they'll race. Protesters being battered and shot in the streets didn't stop him from taking the circus to Bahrain last year. If there's money in it, the Dwarf will hold a Canibal GP in Micronesia with the winners being served for supper.

Malbec
8th April 2013, 12:26
Kim Yong Dumb will nuke the site just at the moment that Ross Brawn decides that both of his cars have 'marginal fuel' again. All in the namne of entertainment, of course.

And Bernie would count up the increased media exposure that resulted and send an invoice to Pyongyang directly for the publicity plus damages to the circuit of course.

acescribe
8th April 2013, 14:05
Bahrain is VERY important to F1 hence the hell or high water to go there during tension last year.

Korea is not so much, if at all really. If there are still issues with the looney next door come October, I would think that it could be canned yes. Some way off yet though.

Tazio
8th April 2013, 17:51
I thought Korea was this week and it's instead China. Just FYI, my comment that followed yours was posted before I refreshed the page and read this qualification to your original post; apologies for that. I think we are far enough off that there will be a resolution to this latest behavior by N.Korea. If things have actually escalated near the date of the race than yes the race could be cancelled, but I find it highly unlikely.

inimitablestoo
8th April 2013, 19:00
Well if anyone can look this North Korean chap in the eye it'll be Bernie... ;)

9th April 2013, 11:27
I think it would be unlikely if factors proceed at their currant amount, but factors could well instantly convert up-wards. in very early stage i must say in order to discuss. . . . .

racerdude
9th April 2013, 13:08
In my opinion, chances the Korean GP will get cancelled are getting bigger. Now, North Korea has officially declared war with the South and many things might happen in the coming days. Same thing goes for the Japanese GP, although we don't know what could happen and how it will happen.

13th April 2013, 05:08
I think it would be unlikely if factors proceed at their currant amount, but factors could well instantly convert up-wards. in very early stage i must say in order to discuss. . . . .

"Surfers Rent A Car
Cheap Car Hire & Car Rentals in Surfers Paradise, Gold Coast | Surfers Rent A Car (http://www.surfersrentacar.com.au/)
2/11 Northview Street Mermaid Waters Gold Coast QLD 4218
Phone: (07) 5572 0600"
surfers paradise car rentals (http://surfersrentacar.com.au/)