PDA

View Full Version : Bernie wants F1 to be Electric by 2020

Knock-on
1st April 2013, 13:26
I suppose it was inevitable since the Teslar hit the roads but Bernie wants to expand KERS to allow fully electric cars by 2020.

Formula One to go all electric by 2020 (http://www.thespoof.co.uk/news/sport/101697/formula-one-to-go-all-electric-by-2020)

Mark
1st April 2013, 13:57
Although it's supposed to be a joke. It's a good idea and it's a direction that F1 should go in as long as the engines can be just as powerful; and they get rid of the engine freeze ;)

Tazio
1st April 2013, 14:10
Shocking news :andrea:

zako85
1st April 2013, 14:12
I absolutely disagree with the idea that F1 should stay "green" at all costs. Formula 1 cars should look and sound aggressive and loud, and make your hear rate increase just from looking at them. Screw environmental correctness, screw political correctness, and screw the greens. Formula 1 is for fun. If you want to spread your green message talk to Al Gore or something, but just leave _us_ and our sport alone. F1 is just a blip on the environmental landscape. There are just 20 races a year, at most, in the entire world. I'd say let the turbo engines in F1 for a few years then go back 3.5L V12. That would be awesome!

steveaki13
1st April 2013, 20:12
and make your hear rate increase!

How can I increase my hear rate, do I need to buy some bigger ears? :andrea:

Mintexmemory
2nd April 2013, 12:12
How can I increase my hear rate, do I need to buy some bigger ears? :andrea:

No just listen twice as hard !!! duh ( FIA: EARS devices banned at council meetings)