PDA

View Full Version : FIA Malaysian Post Race Conference

woolmerc
25th March 2013, 11:12
I have searched high and dry for the video of this - has anyone seen the video coverage of the FIA Malaysian Post Race Conference?? Normally this is always screened live on TV shortly after the race, but I notice the BBC did not screen it.

I know the transcript is fully available but it's just not the same! Does anyone have any idea? Did the FIA ban the coverage of it??

Dave B
25th March 2013, 11:42
It's rarely if ever screened - what you used to see was the TV Unilateral which has been replaced by the interviews on the podium. The press conference for the written media happens afterwards, and while there is a camera present it's not intended for broadcast.

Bruce D
25th March 2013, 11:49
But you can get the transcript off the F1 site though.

henners88
25th March 2013, 12:38
Formula 1® - The Official F1® Website (http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2013/3/14414.html)

woolmerc
26th March 2013, 10:39
It's rarely if ever screened - what you used to see was the TV Unilateral which has been replaced by the interviews on the podium. The press conference for the written media happens afterwards, and while there is a camera present it's not intended for broadcast.

Thanks Dave - I didn't realise they were no longer televised. Shame - this one would have been a beauty.

woolmerc
26th March 2013, 10:47
I found some more information on this... apparently Sky broadcast a snippet which is now on youtube.

Vettel used the f bomb during the conference which is another good reason why it did not get shown in full!

AndyL
26th March 2013, 10:49
Thanks Dave - I didn't realise they were no longer televised. Shame - this one would have been a beauty.

If you're a Sky viewer it's always worth watching the extended version of Ted's Notebook on Sunday evening - he re-enacted excerpts from the press conference complete with impressions of Mark Webber's facial expressions :)
And yes Sky did also show a brief segment of it at the end of the regular coverage.

Dave B
26th March 2013, 12:31
If you're a Sky viewer it's always worth watching the extended version of Ted's Notebook on Sunday evening - he re-enacted excerpts from the press conference complete with impressions of Mark Webber's facial expressions :)
And yes Sky did also show a brief segment of it at the end of the regular coverage.
Mr Slotover has really hit his stride this year. He's always been strong technically, but now seems really comfortable letting his personality show through. :up:

henners88
26th March 2013, 12:36
I think Ted is best suited as a voice rather than a presenter as seeing some of his facial expressions can be irritating IMO. I'm sure he's a really nice guy, but he sometimes comes across as rather smug on screen. He's getting a lot of praise recently though, so its always going to be a subjective opinion.

steveaki13
26th March 2013, 17:14
I think Ted is best suited as a voice rather than a presenter as seeing some of his facial expressions can be irritating IMO. I'm sure he's a really nice guy, but he sometimes comes across as rather smug on screen. He's getting a lot of praise recently though, so its always going to be a subjective opinion.

You mean he was brilliant while on the BBC, but now he sucks. Coincidentally now working for Sky. :p : ;)

henners88
26th March 2013, 17:26
You mean he was brilliant while on the BBC, but now he sucks. Coincidentally now working for Sky. :p : ;)
Although my opinions of certain members of the cast have changed since they went to Sky, its no secret that I've found Ted irritating for a while. I didn't used to like his unfounded opinions passed off as fact when he worked on the Beeb for instance. There was a bit too much gossip merged in to genuine F1 news for my liking. I didn't used to like his patronising tone he would often take when interviewing technical directors of teams and the way he probed without showing respect for what they were allowed to say on the record. Croft is another person I couldn't stand and actually had a response from him on twitter during his BBC days when I shared my opinion on something that happened in a practice session. Now they work for Sky I can justify my tastes a little clearer I suppose. I'll never be fully accepting and admit that. I don't like the way things are going and won't be shutting up anytime soon. :)

steveaki13
26th March 2013, 17:42
won't be shutting up anytime soon. :)

Wouldn't want you too, stand up for whatever you believe in. :)

9th April 2013, 11:32
It's hardly ever if ever tested - what you used to see was the TV Unilateral which has been changed by the discussions on the stage. The media meeting for the published media happens afterwards, and while there is a photographic camera existing it's not ideal for transmitted.. . . .

Dave B
9th April 2013, 12:52
Is that my post run through an English - Gibberish translator? :s

steveaki13
10th April 2013, 18:57
Is that my post run through an English - Gibberish translator? :s

Looks like it Dave.

Of course it made more sense the second time. ;) :p

13th April 2013, 05:11
It's hardly ever if ever tested - what you used to see was the TV Unilateral which has been changed by the discussions on the stage. The media meeting for the published media happens afterwards, and while there is a photographic camera existing it's not ideal for transmitted.. . . .

"Surfers Rent A Car
Cheap Car Hire & Car Rentals in Surfers Paradise, Gold Coast | Surfers Rent A Car (http://www.surfersrentacar.com.au/)
2/11 Northview Street Mermaid Waters Gold Coast QLD 4218
Phone: (07) 5572 0600"
surfers paradise car rentals (http://surfersrentacar.com.au/)