PDA

View Full Version : Sebastien Ogier, a man to beat.

A.F.F.
13th March 2013, 16:27
It just hit me... If we take out Loeb who retired, the last time I can recall a guy who was faster or equally fast with equal machinery, was one Esapekka Lappi at NORF. :)

Enough provoking even it's true... Ogier at this moment reminds me of Marcus Grönholm when he drove 206. It seems he can do anything with Polo and there is no-one to stop him. I can't believe I'm saying this but I almost wish that Loed didn't retire, just to get some competition to the rallies.

Donney
13th March 2013, 16:41
Alas I'm afraid you are right... I dread to think we are witnessing the beginning of a new ruthless reign...

DonJippo
13th March 2013, 17:12
Sabastien? You sure you took the right Imodium pill today Captain America?

A.F.F.
13th March 2013, 21:22
Sabastien? You sure you took the right Imodium pill today Captain America?

I took plenty :D

Moderators, if you please could correct my typo with the thread title. The man deserves to be called as his given name :)

Fixed that for you ;)

Humber
13th March 2013, 21:30
Fingers crossed that Mads can find the right stuff to keep Ogier from having walk overs.

MikeD
13th March 2013, 22:03
Should Ogier win this years Drivers' title it will be the 10th in a row for France.

That aside, Ogier did show in 2010 & 2011 that he is made by the same stuff as Loeb, and I think he might dominate in the years to come. Anyway, it's fine by me ... just sad he is in that woman's car instead of in a Citroën where he belongs. (IMHO)

A FONDO
13th March 2013, 22:20
in that woman's car instead of in a Citroën
:confused:

fasterthanlight
13th March 2013, 23:56
Fingers crossed that Mads can find the right stuff to keep Ogier from having walk overs.
Agreed. Ostberg's going to be the one to bring him down.

GallardoGT
14th March 2013, 00:16
So what is the 'Sebastien-trick', you have talent and what more?

Mirek
14th March 2013, 09:43
In my opinion it's the endless ambitions and tons of self confidence what together with exceptional skills makes him a different animal. If he continues like that it's gonna be tough future because Sebastien II. is of those who don't satisfy himself by just winning. He seems to aim to beat his opponents to dust.

A.F.F.
14th March 2013, 10:13
Exactly. Any "smart" driver would take power stage easily and secure the win, especially this early of the season. What does Ogier? Push huge top times and crush everybody else! Why? Because he can. Because he is so full of confidence he doesn't even think it's a risk. Every win will just boost it more. I just wonder if it'll last if someone should shake it by pushing Ogier to the edge?

AndyRAC
14th March 2013, 11:26
For his opponents, the year in the Fabia S2000 was the worst thing for them, but the best thing for him - it made him even more hungry for success.

I'm sure there will be events were the car has issues - but, you would be brave to bet against him.

Barreis
14th March 2013, 16:24

With what car?! Fiesta is not good enough.

Gard
14th March 2013, 16:30
With what car?! Fiesta is not good enough.It's good enough. They just has to operate it as a works car. Not a private team with a very limited budget

Barreis
14th March 2013, 16:41
Every time they try harder, it brakes. So not good enough.

Lundgaard
14th March 2013, 23:08
I feel like we have just had a Senna vs Schumacher moment in the WRC. We only saw the beginning of what could have been years of great fighting between Ogier and Loeb. Just like Schumacher and Senna. Looking forward to Argentina.

J4MIE
14th March 2013, 23:27
Yes, have to agree with Jani but hope I'm not alone in saying that is incredible to watch. I think it's just a question of when he will win the championship rather than if, and how many championships can he win before he is challenged? It could be a case of hoping that Hyundai or Toyota or whoever, find the next star driver.

306 Cosworth
14th March 2013, 23:57
In my opinion it's the endless ambitions and tons of self confidence what together with exceptional skills makes him a different animal. If he continues like that it's gonna be tough future because Sebastien II. is of those who don't satisfy himself by just winning. He seems to aim to beat his opponents to dust.

If only Jari Matti had the same confidence levels. He's just too fragile.

A.F.F.
16th March 2013, 00:03
Folks here didn't eat my bate but I wasn't kidding. Lappi challenged him with pure speed at NORF. Homeland yes but actually Ogier has more experience of those stages than Lappi. And what about that young Tindemand? He looked very promising. So there's challenger coming. In feedinä years, WRC can ne very interesting. :)

Mirek
16th March 2013, 01:28
There were actually many drivers capable of some single successes but most of them never managed to repeat them or at least not more than few times. Time will tell but I hope that somebody able to fight Ogier is found soon...

sollitt
16th March 2013, 07:24
... I hope that somebody able to fight Ogier is found soon... Paddon & Hanninen could do so now. Lappi I believe could also. Tanak & Nikara also in the right head space. Imagine if the FIA had of adopted a category these drivers could fund as the WRC formula(i.e. S2000), what a championship we'd have.

Mirek
16th March 2013, 10:59
I'm a big fan of Juho but sadly I don't share Your optimism.

Sladden
16th March 2013, 13:55
Enough provoking even it's true... Ogier at this moment reminds me of Marcus Grönholm when he drove 206. It seems he can do anything with Polo and there is no-one to stop him. I can't believe I'm saying this but I almost wish that Loed didn't retire, just to get some competition to the rallies.
I was clear in 2011 that he could challenge and beat Loeb. What a shame Loeb would dissapear at this moment from the most exiting fight since Grönholm days.

I Think a man like JML could have been the same. In the beginning Before they (Ford) would mess around with his mind and driving style. Ostberg dont have the last % needed I Think. Good but not the best. They Always show the raw speed early and Mads have been around soon almost a decade in WRC cars right? More like a Burns type of driver...