PDA

View Full Version : Itv 4 wrc

matt91
12th March 2013, 18:07
just flicking through the channels and noticed that itv 4 are now showing the WRC! Rally mexico is on now, hopefully there's many more to come

RJM
12th March 2013, 19:04
Yes finally we have some coverage! it was good and no paul king...

EightGear
12th March 2013, 19:34
I typed 'WRC' on the search bar on twitter and all I got where loads of happy British people about seeing WRC on their TV. There certainly is hope for the sport.... :)

Allyc85
12th March 2013, 20:31
I thought it looked absolutely stunning in full HD, especially the super slo-mo replays!

I was also glad to hear that Paul King wasnt commentating and there really wasnt much of that fake live commentary!

matt91
12th March 2013, 23:05
yeah i hope it wasn't a 1 off, can't remember the last time i watched the wrc in full hd... really enjoyed it and i hope itv had a lot of views to keep the wrc going.

GigiGalliNo1
13th March 2013, 09:17
I thought it looked absolutely stunning in full HD, especially the super slo-mo replays!

I was also glad to hear that Paul King wasnt commentating and there really wasnt much of that fake live commentary!

Sorry but the commentator did exactly the same thing as PK does and has done since Monte... "live fake commentary off a script" PK will be back on air from Portugal with Neil Cole for ITV4. Paul King is the international commentator for English speaking regions of the programs filmed for WRC. Push out to UK, NZ, South Africa, Australia etc along with Kevin Piper.

Jon Desboroough was brought in to replace PK for Mexico. :)

Sprocket
13th March 2013, 10:51
I think I prefer Paul King. Maybe I'm just use to him, the other guy actively annoys me.

Despite that little annoyance, big thumbs up for WRC in full HD, not a bad show at all.

wildboar
13th March 2013, 12:07
Paul King said on Twitter that he only skips Mexico but will be back from Portugal on. For which I am glad, I didn't like the new guy.

Doon
13th March 2013, 12:26
So happy that it's back! Was rushing home from work last night, but unfortunately missed the first half. Does anyone know if that was a permanent slot or will it be changed for Portugal?

I like Jon Desbrough. Not a fan of PKs fake live action, but I guess he's paid to do that so can't really blame him. I'm not an old man, but I much prefer the factual delivery style of Mark James, he did WRGB for BBC Wales a couple of years ago and it was so refreshing and actually made the coverage more interesting. Steve Rider would also be a good choice, he does the commentry on a few old DVDs I have and I really like his style.

GigiGalliNo1
13th March 2013, 13:57
It's repeated on Saturday this weekend at 10am if i'm correct AND ITV4 are showing it on their online player now

AndyRAC
13th March 2013, 14:25
Don't like scripted highlight shows. Would prefer pictures, and each country using their own 'commentators' or presenters. Still think the old BBC coverage with Mark James & Tiff Needell was the best.

Well done to ITV for showing it, and in HD as well, rather than the LowDef on MotorsTV.

Langdale Forest
13th March 2013, 16:11
Is this a one off or is it for the whole year?

WRC is back on mainstream TV!

GigiGalliNo1
13th March 2013, 16:17
ITV4 will show the highlights after each WRC for the rest of the 2013 season.

But funnily enough you can watch the Daily highlights on WRC dot com and then finish off with ITV4 full wrap up.

EightGear
13th March 2013, 19:48
Is there a site with British viewing rates? I recall I couldn't find any when I was looking for the figures on the McRae docu...

tintin
13th March 2013, 20:46
Is there a site with British viewing rates? I recall I couldn't find any when I was looking for the figures on the McRae docu...

barb.co.uk - but it isn't updated until a week later.

Fast Eddie WRC
13th March 2013, 21:00
Liked the ITV4 pictures in HD, plus the super slo-mo's, but didnt think much of the commentator...

Again, too much talking when we just want to know who it is we are seeing, then LISTEN TO THE CARS !!!!

MartijnS
13th March 2013, 21:06
83.000 viewers according to @rallytravel

306 Cosworth
15th March 2013, 00:04
Liked the ITV4 pictures in HD, plus the super slo-mo's, but didnt think much of the commentator...

Again, too much talking when we just want to know who it is we are seeing, then LISTEN TO THE CARS !!!!

But the TV show has to appeal to a whole range of fans. Not just the harcore fans, hence a lot of information being spoken.

And Jon Desborough is much better than Paul King. If you don't like JD, I suggest you don't watch the Sky News channel ;)

Apparently there will be extended highlights for Wales Rally GB too.

rallyfiend
15th March 2013, 00:34
Apparently there will be extended highlights for Wales Rally GB too.

I'm guessing that probably means they'll show the Daily Highlights programmes as well.

RAS007
15th March 2013, 03:49
Paul King said on Twitter that he only skips Mexico but will be back from Portugal on.

That is desperately disappointing news.

GigiGalliNo1
15th March 2013, 15:31
JD has done the exact same job PK did for Mexico. PK read off a script live in Monte and Sweden, Jon has done the same in Mexico. Just two different voices.

In Aus we get this international feed. We get day 1, 2 & 3/4 highlights with review at the end.

Hope ITV get it unless it is just cheaper showing the review...

Sprocket
15th March 2013, 17:39
Yep probably true, but JD made is sound pretty ridiculous at times. It isn't like there are no good rally commentators, the excitement is in the actual action and any commentator trying to do their own take on it always fails miserably in my mind. Just tell us what we are seeing and please show more splits etc. I know about the wide appeal mentioned above which is fair comment but some of the phrases and the fact JD says 'Nerville' over and over? How does that come from Neuville? It just makes it really obvious the guy doesn't follow rally and hasn't a clue really what is going on.

BDunnell
15th March 2013, 18:22
I know about the wide appeal mentioned above which is fair comment but some of the phrases and the fact JD says 'Nerville' over and over? How does that come from Neuville?

I had always assumed the pronunciation was indeed 'Ner-ville'.

EightGear
15th March 2013, 22:57
It isn't. "Neu" is pronounced like "no" in a very British accent.

Langdale Forest
16th March 2013, 07:58
Remember that its is repeated at 10 AM today.

GigiGalliNo1
16th March 2013, 12:00
Did you notice Jon Desborough called Michal the Polish MINI driver.... MIKKO..... and some people have an issue with a French name?!

darkstar
16th March 2013, 13:23
as far as i know neuville calls himself neu spoken like in german(he normally speaks german btw) and ville like in french. i think in english best way to pronounciate it is probably noywill. a german moderater said it like this after he had called neuville for a interview and neuville said his name like this on the phone. but the same german moderator always called mikko hirvonen mirko :D

rallyfiend
16th March 2013, 14:21
One would hope the commentator would have spoken to and ask Thierry himself in Mexico....

GigiGalliNo1
16th March 2013, 15:54
I don't think Jon Desborough made it to Mexico in time to work with TV crew for commentary. Paul King travels to each round.

And so will Neil Cole from Mexico

rallyfiend
16th March 2013, 15:58
I don't think Jon Desborough made it to Mexico in time to work with TV crew for commentary. Paul King travels to each round.

And so will Neil Cole from Mexico

Neil Cole has been the service park reporter since Sweden.

GigiGalliNo1
17th March 2013, 01:38
So Sweden. I wasn't sure if it was Mex or Swe

tintin
19th March 2013, 22:54
I don't think Jon Desborough made it to Mexico in time to work with TV crew for commentary.

Where do you think he was if not in Mexico?

GigiGalliNo1
20th March 2013, 07:22
Studio in England. Just like IRC is done in a studio

Nelly
20th March 2013, 07:52
Colin Clark tweeted that jd was in Mexico!

GigiGalliNo1
20th March 2013, 12:30
Fine then, I guess he was

Allyc85
8th April 2013, 17:37
I dont see any coverage of Portugal on the ITV4 listings :(

Allyc85
9th April 2013, 15:50
Now on the website with coverage on Thursday the 18th at 8pm :s mokin:
Search - ITV TV Guide (http://www.itv.com/tvguide/search/?tvgPageNumber=1&tvgSearchPhrase=wrc)

Its great to have the coverage, but with all the **** ITV4 shows im sure it wouldnt be difficult to have it at a consistent time!

tintin
11th April 2013, 23:04
Now on the website with coverage on Thursday the 18th at 8pm :s mokin:
Search - ITV TV Guide (http://www.itv.com/tvguide/search/?tvgPageNumber=1&tvgSearchPhrase=wrc)

Its great to have the coverage, but with all the **** ITV4 shows im sure it wouldnt be difficult to have it at a consistent time!

It has a regular Tuesday evening slot, except when there is live sport preventing it from having that slot, as next week.