PDA

View Full Version : WRC4

lcd
9th March 2013, 09:34
Let's start discussing about the next game,
starting with this little Fans Poll! You may pick more than one answers!

Poll: WRC4 Fans Poll (http://www.yourfreepoll.com/lyxhnwidsr.html)

bennizw
9th March 2013, 09:50
What time last year did Milestone announce WRC3, was it around May?

lcd
9th March 2013, 09:54
Officially yes. But It's already known, they renewed their contract, at least for one more year (2014).

bennizw
9th March 2013, 11:36
Do you have more information regarding the length of the contract, is it really only for one more year?

lcd
9th March 2013, 17:10
Contract's length Isn't either officially or unofficially confirmed yet. My guess Is that from now on, It wil be updated year by year.

ToughMac
9th March 2013, 18:49
Whats happening with Codemasters latest rally sim, does it have a name yet or even a release date?

Astro83
9th March 2013, 21:48
Great poll, but all of that + a realistic finish like in rbr is needed to wrc 4 if the game is going to be near a succsess... They need to stop doing dirt things like they do now and create a real and realistic championship mode... Not even Dirt fans wantsthe arcadish stuff in codies new Dirt 4 or what it will be called...

Do a real rallygame like a real wrc-game. Like the F1 games from codies... The only way to go if they want som good results...

Wrc 3 was not a hit, and the gaming sites, fans and any one else cant all be wrong???

Plan9
10th March 2013, 00:09
Contract's length Isn't either officially or unofficially confirmed yet. My guess Is that from now on, It wil be updated year by year.

Do you know if WRC4 will be released earlier in the year than WRC3? It is quite a let down to have to wait till the second to last round before you can start playing, especially as F1 fans get to play their game before mid-season.

lcd
10th March 2013, 08:03
Wrc 3 was not a hit, and the gaming sites, fans and any one else cant all be wrong???

I think everyone agree WRC3 Is te biggest hit since the license was handed to Milestone though...
My guess Is that In WRC4, we will see more ''real WRC'' elements like those you mention.

Do you know if WRC4 will be released earlier in the year than WRC3?

I think It will be relesed In October, just like the previous titles.

Astro83
10th March 2013, 10:16
Lcd: absolutly the biggest hit from Milestone, not so hard to beat WRC and WRC 2... ;) But no hit for thoes rallyfans and rallysimfans...
But the fans who like arcade on a console, ok, a hit!

But if Milestone bring all the things in the poll + some more autentic futures + realistic and autentic futures on all stages, then Milestone can for once be near to make a true and good rallygame!

lcd
10th March 2013, 11:55
...But if Milestone bring all the things in the poll + some more autentic futures + realistic and autentic futures on all stages, then Milestone can for once be near to make a true and good rallygame!

They brought quite many things of last year's poll about WRC3, so I think they will take Into serious consideration this one too ;)

bennizw
10th March 2013, 12:50
Weren't they talking about that iOpener technology where you could race against the times of the WRC drivers already for WRC2? That never happened did it? And concerning Codemasters, it's now soon two years ago since DIRT 3 was released, so by now it should be time for some news.

Allyc85
11th March 2013, 16:14
Voted for better sounds and more varied stages! They better listen!

MrJan
11th March 2013, 18:08
Voted for better sounds and more varied stages! They better listen!

Me too. More varied stages is the most important for me, it's so boring when you do a rally and keep going over the same piece of stage.

AndyRAC
11th March 2013, 21:52
I still think the Evolution Studios WRC games were superior - especially 2, 3, and 4. The current Milestone games are below standard - a new developer is really needed.

rjbetty
11th March 2013, 22:46
I still think the Evolution Studios WRC games were superior - especially 2, 3, and 4. The current Milestone games are below standard - a new developer is really needed.

100% agree with this, being frank. I support Milestone though and am happy to see them listening and improving things.

MUST HAVES for me: More varied stages and weather factor. One thing that Evolution Studios could definitely have done better is make the weather more random like in RBR, instead of being fixed so that the stage is always wet/dry/whatever every single time you dive it.

Hazza555)
12th March 2013, 02:08
To be honest, at the moment Rally games are just tinkled up versions of the same tired games that we were playing in the PS2 era, e.g. CMR, WRC. Codies have tried to take it in a new direction, but largely have disappointed us, by taking it in what I see as the wrong direction. They tried to open it to a new market (North America) and hence kind of ignored the existing fans. It was just unfortunate that around that '04/'05 period, rally games had lost their spark to the mass market. Am I correct that the last Evo WRC game didn't make Platinum? I think also the actual sport had begun it's decline by that point (something in my opinion, had a lot to do with Colin no longer competing), which contributed to decline in popularity of the genre. I can see the rational behind the initial idea of DiRT, Colin enjoyed more than just rallying, and hence his game (he did have major influence on the games) followed that. But the whole Travis Pastrana thing was just a bit too far.

The milestone games do not offer anything more than what we had ten years ago, besides better graphics (although I would argue that Evo Studios created better car models).
I think rally games can be pushed beyond just driving stages, but that must be the very core of any rally game (particularly one with a WRC license).

I would like to see something along the line of a Co-driver mode. You call the pacenotes out to the driver. Or even better... get a buddy recce the stages, and write your own pacenotes, and race as proper rally crew.
Definitely more integration of the service park. I'd just really like to see the immersion factor pushed a lot further. Don't just simulate driving a rally car (although this should be Number 1 on the list of things to achieve) but simulate the sport, similar to what Codies do with the F1 games.
When I play a rally game/sim I want to be the driver, not the player controlling the driver of the car.

And of course all the stuff everyone else has said as well, Longer more varied stages, better sounds etc. etc. Because before they can do the cool things that I have mentioned, they have to get the basics right. No point having fancy immersive features, unless the core gameplay is worthy of it.

Just my 2c

Astro83
12th March 2013, 18:12
Hazza555:
Really well said! Cant agree more!

Plan9
20th March 2013, 23:54
I would like the to include the Fafe Rallysprint as part of the Portugese event during the season. Just thinking.

Hazza555)
21st March 2013, 07:34
Even better I would like a greatest stages mode. With Ouninpohja, Col de turini, bunnings, fafe, viladrau etc etc

GigiGalliNo1
3rd July 2013, 17:23
Question will be:

Will WRC4 be made for the current consoles? Xbox360 and PS3 or will we all have to buy the new consoles???

If that's the case ill pass, it'll be another 4 years before I buy a new console!

Also; WRC4 should have changing weather conditions, tougher damage: punctures, wheels come off, engine failures etc.

Also a V-Rally 3 career mode where you'd start as a junior and make your way up the chain. Teams offer you drives and cars, be a privateer with sponsors and then Citroen or Ford or VW offer you a seat in a car, be 2nd driver or 1st driver in junior team, think Novikov previously and make your way to champion! Once you become champ for say 4 seasons make the change like Makinen did to Subaru! Have a few crap years and sort of start again back in a mid class (WRC2) and go to WRC again!

Get what I mean?

(This is another add on - I'd love era play. Start in the 1990's and finish in 2014! Old liveries and competition)

Plan9
3rd July 2013, 23:39
Those are great idea above. Sounds like the gravel Gran Turismo. Maybe they are a bit too expansive to fit on 1 game disk?

lcd
11th July 2013, 10:44
Some great news people! WRC4 Is on the works!!!

WRC 4: uscita ufficializzata al prossimo Gamescom 2013 (http://buddhagaming.it/wrc-4-uscita-ufficializzata-al-prossimo-gamescom-2013/)

bennizw
11th July 2013, 13:07
Let's see if they can improve it the way the fans want it.

Bruce D
16th July 2013, 06:57
I'm very disappointed that they sold out to Steam on MotoGP13, yet another game I can't play anymore, getting really tired of everything going onto steam, especially seen as all the people complain about it. Probably the same with WRC4?

Astro83
16th July 2013, 10:57
Can someone explane to me what Steam is and what it does? Whats wrong with it? Never used it...

As MotoGp, can we not buy it as a "cd box" now when it uses Steam?

I dont think that WRC 4 will be much better then the rest sadly. Will not pre-buy the game.It has to prove itself first.

Bruce D
16th July 2013, 16:17
Even the cd box version needs steam to install. The idea behind Steam is that it makes sure you are always up to date with the latest patches and updates for the game, which sounds alright on the surface. The problem comes when you live in restricted bandwidth countries like myself or just want to play offline. Lots of issues people are having. I got Race Injection last year and decided to just go for this whole steam thing (well actually Simbin never bothered to say on the box that you needed Steam or throw the game in the bin). After downloading the 80mb required to get the box installation up to date, the damn thing then couldn't log in to steam for love or money. After 3 attempts (each time it "needed" to download the 80mb again!), I eventually found a file decrypter that could take the files on the disc (the whole game is on the disc you just need to be logged into steam to install it on your machine) and install it on my machine. Then I took my RaceOn exe file and overwritted the exe file in the folder and bingo I could play the game.

On properly Steam installed games there is another catch, if you get a message to update the game, no matter whether you've set it for offline play or not, you cannot play the game until that update is installed. Now some games have massive updates. It's all a pain in the ass.

Hazza555)
17th July 2013, 02:31
Can someone explane to me what Steam is and what it does? Whats wrong with it? Never used it...

As MotoGp, can we not buy it as a "cd box" now when it uses Steam?

I dont think that WRC 4 will be much better then the rest sadly. Will not pre-buy the game.It has to prove itself first.

It is like iTunes for PC Games

Welcome to Steam (http://store.steampowered.com)

Plan9
18th July 2013, 06:07
I would suggest to Milestone that they break the rally down into separate days (i.e. do not have 6/7 stages without referencing what day of the event they occur day 1, day 2, day 3 etc).

Also does anyone know what the list of available cars is yet?

GigiGalliNo1
18th July 2013, 07:26
I want the current 3 cars avail - DS3, Polo R and the M-sport Fiesta. Include the concept i20 Hyundai and out going MINI JCW Countryman :)

Have all the RRC and S2000 cars. Renault Megane from ERC, Skoda Fabia and Honda etc. And the old ones too ie Fiat Punto. Have Grp N cars as well.

Include previous gen WRC cars too. SX4, Lancer WRC, Focus, 307WRC, Fabia bla bla bla but able to drive those in the championship! Xsara and C4 and Octavia and old Subarus!

pino
18th July 2013, 08:06
I am more interested on what/how stages would be, rather than car list ;)

Astro83
18th July 2013, 10:31
Okey thanks for the answear! :)

No one who is intrest of how the physics and sound would be? ;)

Realistic stages is a most and not Milestones love to create arcade looking stages!

And also carSOUND and true,realistic car handling/physics!

pino
18th July 2013, 11:18
Sound can only be better...considering how crap it was in the previous game :s

Astro83
18th July 2013, 16:57
Sadly I think we will see another badly made arcade racer... They will never succeed to create an realistic and autentic rallysim. If they didnt make it on the third try, why in hell will they make it this time???

Hazza555)
19th July 2013, 01:58
I think if Milestone come up with the goods this time then they could get the boot. A decent WRC game is critical to the expansion of the sport that is so talked about at the moment. I was reading a breakdown (sorry can't remember where) of the mediums that promoter is interested in using to get the sport back into the limelight. A video game was one...

As pathetic as it may be, even if the rest of the a game is outstanding, if they don't get the sounds right then I won't be buying. Milestone have had long enough to perfect that aspect.
They also need to realise that they are not just competing with the DiRT franchise, but the entire racing genre. Over the next year we are be going to be treated with some seriously good racing sims and games: Assetto Corsa, F1, R3E, PCars, Forza 5 and GT6 as well as the next DiRT game. Milestone have to come up with a top quality product if they are to tempt me away from any of these other titles and buying theirs.

I would love to know what Codemasters could do with a WRC license... chances are they would obliterate Milestone, even if I think Codemasters titles are far from perfect.

Astro83
19th July 2013, 09:45
Codies games (Dirt) is not near to be perfect but I think there new title will be a great game. They say that every rally nut will be happy so?
And they have the team to pull it of!

With a WRC title, I think codies would "murder" Milestones games, only look at the F1 game series from codies... Looks fantastic!

Sadly Milestone will have the title for a wile but with some sponsor money from RedBull, Milestone maby can create a decent game that I dont get bored about in 3h...

If the next wrc game dont include realistic and great sound from every single car as well as realistic physics, REALISTIC STAGES (not arcade looking) and great reallooking graphic, then I would not buy that!

Look at the grapic at MotoGP, looks catroonish.....

Milestone will never get it right so personaly I get my hopes for PCars and Codies new coming game!

Astro83
19th July 2013, 18:57
But I really hope Milestone will take theres MotoGP career into the new WRC game and even include intervjues like the F1 games.

Thats how a career mode should look like!!

Any one who knows or could ask Milestone what they aiming for this time? Arcade or pure sim like codies F1 games?

Hazza555)
20th July 2013, 07:58
But I really hope Milestone will take theres MotoGP career into the new WRC game and even include intervjues like the F1 games.

Thats how a career mode should look like!!

Any one who knows or could ask Milestone what they aiming for this time? Arcade or pure sim like codies F1 games?

Codies F1 games aren't pure sims. Even the one of the head developers said so... unless you are referring to the way it simulates F1 in terms of it as a sport, i.e. The grand prix weekend, saftey car, tyre deg etc etc.

Although on the hardest difficulty with no assists it is a bloody challenge

Astro83
20th July 2013, 09:25
I was referring mostly how they promote the sport in does games but ofc the physics maby is'nt exactly right but I dont know, never driven a F1 car yet! ;)

But as you said, It's very difficult with no assists and so on, it feels very real anyway!

My point is that a licens game like WRC should be like codies F1 game in all parts...

It's a sad story that the company who owns the WRC license, not try to make the best of it! A arcade game is not okey!

When I play these "games" I dont feel anything but a sad and bored feeling, not hardcore WRC at all...

But codies succeed every time to capture that hardcore feeling, it feels "real". It feels like the player is the driver in a F1 team. It can always be better but codies is good!

I think that if Milestone ones again dont deliver a pure rally "sim" like the F1 games, then I think that the WRC promotor should give the licens to another company that acculy can make a game/sim worthy the license!

It's importent for the whole sport!

Plan9
23rd July 2013, 01:43
I cant figure out why nobody has been able to top the PS2 games. The roads felt like they were really cambered and it was hard to stay on them. I had a much better sensation driving in those games than I ever have experienced in the new generation.

I don't want to go back to the future but it is still very negative that there has not been anything to rival it since then.

Arska
23rd July 2013, 09:46
I hope this game's better than last year's. The car is lazy and sometimes it won't shift up after a corner but only leaves the gear ''screaming'' on gear 2, for example.

I have just played WRC3 online and then some French (I believe) guy sent me a message reading ''tu roule cho''. What does this mean? I've tried to find out with Google Translator but it won't translate the whole thing. :confused:

Allyc85
24th July 2013, 19:06
Brief article on WRC.com

World Rally Championship - News - New WRC video game coming this year (http://www.wrc.com/news/new-wrc-video-game-coming-this-year/?fid=18776)

Surely they have to get it right this time!

Astro83
25th July 2013, 00:08
Yea, it always seems to be so good before the realise... But if they only create the game as realistic, pure and autentic it can be, then it will be good. Real individual physics, real sounds, real lenght stages, real life looking stages and no arcade stage details and a career mode that let you feel like you are a accual wrc driver. Then ofc it will be good! But sadly I dont bother any more to "try" because Milestone sucks ass to show that they "listnen" to there game costumers.

And with that, I sadly dont think that they can make it work any more...But we will see!

Never stops to wish for a modern and proper rallysim!

Hazza555)
25th July 2013, 09:36
Called WRC 4, it is the latest chapter in the series that has sold more than 7 million copies since it first went on sale in 2002.

6.9 million was probably the first generation PS2 series, but ho-hum. And it was first released in 2001 not '02.

I doubt the change in publisher will change anything though. Given up on milestone. 3 strikes and you're out. Find a new developer is what should be done. Anybody know how long Milestone have it licensed for?

Plan9
26th July 2013, 00:35
Do you guys think anyone will make another Dakar based game?

GigiGalliNo1
27th July 2013, 05:39
WRC website posted a story

Milestone and another company

Who are the other company? What games have they made? Any good?

What is milestones role in the next WRC game?

bennizw
27th July 2013, 15:29
No difference, Milestone is producing the game, the other company is publishing it.

GigiGalliNo1
27th July 2013, 15:51
Ohhhhh! Thanks :)

Plan9
2nd August 2013, 00:51
If milestone is reading this, I hope you consider putting Ketomaa as a character who is useable in WRC class and WRC 2 with the Fiesta R5. It looks and sounds fantastic!!!!

GigiGalliNo1
2nd August 2013, 18:08
And Privateer MINI drivers with a chance of winning in the WRC and S2000 class ;)

Plan9
4th August 2013, 06:14
It would be fun to have a go with Ascania Racing's MINIs.

lcd
7th August 2013, 08:12
The very first WRC4 W.I.P. screenshot!
http://i44.tinypic.com/i2ou84.jpg

Astro83
7th August 2013, 15:28
Sadly, the pic dont say anything... But it will be intresting to see how Milestone will tackle this game?

After all that critic....

bennizw
7th August 2013, 16:23
I'm not expecting anything, put it that way!

Astro83
12th August 2013, 11:32
WRC 4 || TRAILER (Rally Sweden) [PC/Xbox/PS3/PS Vita] [HD] - YouTube (http://youtu.be/f0ufqWv9M-M)

Looks like WRC 3 but with some minor updates on the stage but we will see

pino
12th August 2013, 11:59
Graphics are ok, but I care more about sound, weather conditions, and quality of the stages !

bennizw
12th August 2013, 13:22
It looks exactly the same as WRC3. Hurrah.

MrJan
12th August 2013, 13:26
Surely they have to get it right this time!

My advice would be to expect it to be pretty much the same as WRC3, that way you won't be disappointed. It seems to me that a lot of their time will have been spent getting the liveries right and making it compatible for the PSVita, I should imagine that stages, physics, sounds and graphics will largely be the same as the last game.

pino
12th August 2013, 13:37
Unfortunately I believe Mr Jan is right :(

Astro83
12th August 2013, 14:16
yea I also agree sadly but then I will not buy it. If the stages is not reallife looking in details, longer lenght, quality and son, and car building, physics and sounds is like in wrc 3, I will not buy it... And if the championship mode is like the wrc 3 game, then it sucks... It needs to be service parks, podium, qualifying stages with cermonies, real life looking event and stages, real individual physics and sounds, real carmodel both outside the car and inside, and more real content.

GigiGalliNo1
12th August 2013, 14:54
I will buy it anyways... BUT I'm hoping for more too.

lcd
12th August 2013, 18:34
You can easily spot the first Improvements and additions. Night mod, more real WRC atmosphere (spectators, flags e.t.c.), refreshed stage, sharper enviroment graphics, a less sensitive damage model and the greatest thing so far: difference In camber when the car Is In the air, just like real! Now let's wait and see what they have done about the special stages.

Hazza555)
12th August 2013, 21:51
Sound!!!!!!!!!!!

Astro83
12th August 2013, 23:30
were do you see the so called "night mode"? I only see some big garage or some thing like that, the same car model, same type of stage model/graphic, same crapy so called snowbanks, same crapy sound and it's sooooooooo much more that must be done in this game for it to represent WRC in a proud way... Its simple - Make it REAL in all ways!!!

Plan9
13th August 2013, 05:07
I will buy it anyways... BUT I'm hoping for more too.

I will buy it too. I just enjoy doing the stages and trying to get faster. However I hope they make the gaming experience more immersed in the WRC world i.e. starting each stage in the teams service area etc.

mousti
13th August 2013, 10:34
Sound still sucks, plus it has the french numberplates in Rally of Sweden?

Sent from my HTC Desire X using Tapatalk 2

Hazza555)
14th August 2013, 06:13
Here It Is! The fisrt trailer of WRC4 W.I.P.
You can easily spot the first Improvements and additions. Night mod, more real WRC atmosphere (spectators, flags e.t.c.), refreshed stage, sharper enviroment graphics, a less sensitive damage model and the greatest thing so far: difference In camber when the car Is In the air, just like real! Now let's wait and see what they have done about the special stages.

How is a less sensitive damage model an improvement? Isn't that making less realistic in doing so?

GigiGalliNo1
16th August 2013, 01:31
I want wheels to fall off and tyres to SHRED!!!!

I don't want to earn drifting points as it slows me down in WRC3 in the silly game play career thing.. and I'm not always in the lead!! Proper championship!!! Like V-Rally 3. A Career from junior to s2000 to privateer WRC to works team!!!

lcd
16th August 2013, 17:32
How is a less sensitive damage model an improvement? Isn't that making less realistic in doing so?

If you played WRC3, you may have noticed that car was falling apart after even a medium jumb-and that's very rarely happens In real. Judging from the trailer, they have probably fixed that. Hope to tune more the physics and more add more punishing mechanical damage though ;)

Astro83
17th August 2013, 11:58
They will show the game at gamescom 20th of august? In about three days??

Hazza555)
19th August 2013, 11:37
First gameplay video... I have to say it doesn't look to bad, a little bit floaty, sounds have mildly improved (but still not ideal)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNzNsJIGHLk

pino
19th August 2013, 11:47
So much noise but almost no engine sound :s

MrJan
19th August 2013, 12:19
Why is there grass in the middle of the stage?

Other than the fact that (again) a rally game has failed to capture the actually look/feel of a rally, it seems alright but not exactly a big step forward from the last game.

GigiGalliNo1
19th August 2013, 13:46
I love it.

I watched in silence, no sound...

Will listen to sound version later.

Yes I ask what is with grass in the middle

Stage looks beautiful.

lcd
19th August 2013, 14:24
Very satisfied with new Finland gameplay video!!!

pino
19th August 2013, 14:31
Very satisfied with new Finland gameplay video!!!

With engine sound too ? :s

Astro83
19th August 2013, 16:38
With engine sound too ? :s

I ask a cuple of things, and I thinks some things needs to change...

The start of the stage, It's better but why when they do a "TC look a like" beginning, why are they not capture the real feeling in a TC at the start, and why does the car "spin off" to the start point?????? Can it be so hard to get this right??? hahaha

Do it right and real life looking. Were are the other cars in front and behind "our" car??? (staggered starts)

And at the start? you see a "real" start clock (thats really good!) but were is it on the start point of the stage??

The car sounds.....Don't need to explane my self there.... :S

The co-driver voice?? No good - needs to improve and be more lifelike..

The stage, the good parts, is that there is a little more people/fans/public on it but can be much more, the flags is good but were is the small ones beside the road in some parts like before and after jumps and so on??

Were is all the small rally stage details, as the yellow and blue "radio" and "medic" signs, and "warning" signs, "junction arrows", "no public/restriction zones", plastic bands in junctions and to "mark" were public has to stand in the stage, and so on???

And a big question - are they this time making a real stage finish like in RBR?! were you past the finish and drive to the TC?

And as for the finland stage, It's good that it starts in a "small more bad road" (it happends even in finland ;) ) but in many stages in finland, it goes out after some K: s to a big wide fast road? The forest does not represent the real finnish forest. Were are all the spruces when it comes to trees???

Were are the diffrent nature graphic in the same stage? like deep tight forest >> open forest areas >> and all the field types of nature past houses and farms???

I like that the roads now have ditches but why is not the trees in many points placed direct after the ditches???

There are many many things to work on (only to look at the real rallyes??) I cant understand why it's so hard to get all the details right when you professionally works to develop this types of games / sims????

It has to be even more authentic and realistic for me... I'm sooo tired of this unreal rally games so if this not becomes a much much better game then wrc 3 - I will absolutly not buy it.

But it's already looks better then wrc 3 but that don't says much...

Hazza555)
21st August 2013, 01:58
I ask a cuple of things, and I thinks some things needs to change...

The start of the stage, It's better but why when they do a "TC look a like" beginning, why are they not capture the real feeling in a TC at the start, and why does the car "spin off" to the start point?????? Can it be so hard to get this right??? hahaha

Do it right and real life looking. Were are the other cars in front and behind "our" car??? (staggered starts)

And at the start? you see a "real" start clock (thats really good!) but were is it on the start point of the stage??

The car sounds.....Don't need to explane my self there.... :S

The co-driver voice?? No good - needs to improve and be more lifelike..

The stage, the good parts, is that there is a little more people/fans/public on it but can be much more, the flags is good but were is the small ones beside the road in some parts like before and after jumps and so on??

Were is all the small rally stage details, as the yellow and blue "radio" and "medic" signs, and "warning" signs, "junction arrows", "no public/restriction zones", plastic bands in junctions and to "mark" were public has to stand in the stage, and so on???

And a big question - are they this time making a real stage finish like in RBR?! were you past the finish and drive to the TC?

And as for the finland stage, It's good that it starts in a "small more bad road" (it happends even in finland ;) ) but in many stages in finland, it goes out after some K: s to a big wide fast road? The forest does not represent the real finnish forest. Were are all the spruces when it comes to trees???

Were are the diffrent nature graphic in the same stage? like deep tight forest >> open forest areas >> and all the field types of nature past houses and farms???

I like that the roads now have ditches but why is not the trees in many points placed direct after the ditches???

There are many many things to work on (only to look at the real rallyes??) I cant understand why it's so hard to get all the details right when you professionally works to develop this types of games / sims????

It has to be even more authentic and realistic for me... I'm sooo tired of this unreal rally games so if this not becomes a much much better game then wrc 3 - I will absolutly not buy it.

But it's already looks better then wrc 3 but that don't says much...

Literally agree with everything you say Astro. Co-driver sounds like a GPS unit, the name on the rear window of the cars should be Navman :D ...

Astro83
21st August 2013, 04:12
Hehe :D exactly! :P

Allyc85
21st August 2013, 15:57
Meh grass down the middle of the stage aside, I think the whole look of that one is better and more natural than in WRC3. Good to see that the car didnt fall to a million pieces over the jump too!

As said though the co-driver sounds terrible, as does the engine sound! How hard can it be to spot these things when making a game?

bennizw
21st August 2013, 21:28
I am very disappointed to see that they haven't done anything with the sound, how ignorant can one be towards their own product? Yes, of course it is "work in progress", but I would've thought they would have wanted to show that they have improved the sound when they start releasing ingame footage?

Hazza555)
23rd August 2013, 01:03
I am very disappointed to see that they haven't done anything with the sound, how ignorant can one be towards their own product? Yes, of course it is "work in progress", but I would've thought they would have wanted to show that they have improved the sound when they start releasing ingame footage?

Particularly considering that the community has been banging on about it since the first game...

Plan9
23rd August 2013, 03:11
Meh grass down the middle of the stage aside, I think the whole look of that one is better and more natural than in WRC3. Good to see that the car didnt fall to a million pieces over the jump too!

As said though the co-driver sounds terrible, as does the engine sound! How hard can it be to spot these things when making a game?

As I understand it, the engine sound we hear is bassed on what Milestone thinks the drivers hear inside the cars not outside. Weird.

23rd August 2013, 04:23
?ng h? bác [/url]--bán d?t--------------

Astro83
23rd August 2013, 07:36
They are so stupid!!! Haha outside is one type of carsound, inside is one type...

How hard can it be if they work monday-friday to develop a licensed game as WRC...

I get so tired...

lcd
24th August 2013, 11:30
First reports from Gamescom 2013:

...With 65 cars available (including the all-new Hyundai i20)...The team has actually introduced a number of significant improvements, such that WRC 4 is practically a new and profound starting point for the series...Care that the team has also reserved for one of its most criticized feature, ie the sampling noise of vehicles, here redone from scratch...The focus of the innovations of WRC 4 is still in gameplay and in its new and rich career mode, at the suggestion of the fans, traces the career of a pilot from the beginning until the consecration professional. In this sense, the team developed a game system that allows the player almost full autonomy, both in the choice of the team that compete in both the professional management of his career, from contracts to sponsors, up to the management of the popularity and, of course of its fireball. ...The office is the hub where then sort the affairs related to his consecration automotive (email, sponsors, etc ...), while the service pack is the place to meet with the team car to the setting that the parameters, the changes and any repairs...was introduced a feature that allows you to live the experience on the track even closer to the real one. With "Daylight" every race is in fact divided, just like in real life, in different driving sessions, whose participation may be marked by the different times of day. So a race that takes place in the morning will not be the same that you might have in the evening and with the Daylight system it will be highlighted by a series of atmospheric changes and chronological designed to highlight the different gaming experiences...'

Gamescom 2013: World Rally Championship 4 (http://www.gamerepublic.it/gamescom-2013-world-rally-championship-4-anteprima_42223802)

lcd
24th August 2013, 11:30
'...Developers WRC 4 has a new managing daylight and reflections which allows especially to choose the time of day between the morning, afternoon, dusk and the evening...WRC 4 will also benefit from high-resolution textures for its cars. The difference becomes obvious between the modeling of public or tracks in the high average games this generation and modeling of cars, really impressive. Immersion promises to visit, whether for the first or even the third, as the third camera is fully customizable...We would undoubtedly an accurate and realistic game that easily meets the specifications of simulation rally...improvements have been more numerous.'

(Gamescom) WRC 4 - La preview - page 1- GamAlive (http://www.gamalive.com/actus/17681-wrc-4-rally-preview-gamescom.htm?p=1)

lcd
24th August 2013, 11:31
''The biggest new feature of the game is probably the so-called Daylight feature, which is intended to give the player a sense of time. As the events take place over several days and at different times, and the player should feel the differences. For example, if you go to the track in the morning you could encounter fog and also the position of the sun is different at lunchtime....Sound: While this was not accepted by the predecessor in our presentation, the final version of the game will offer a completely redesigned, more dynamic audio presentation. For example, you can perceive how the sounds of your car come and the sound of the underground to have been completely revised...Career: First you have to get smaller in wild-card race to prove to you and to improve recommend. Are you good enough team to come to you and offer you contracts, so you can take part in more and more events over time. BigBen promises that the career mode in no way is linear, but is geared to your services: Just like in real life racing driver.'

[gamescom] WRC 4 - World Rally Championship - Playstation 3 Forum - PS3-Talk (http://www.ps3-talk.de/gamescom_2013/95945-gamescom-wrc-4-world-rally-championship.html)

lcd
24th August 2013, 11:33
Alan Boiston from the VVV just confirmed there are new stages, new engine sound, improved handling, better recreation of the sport.
He also confirmed the new rallies do not repeat sections!

pino
24th August 2013, 11:44
I have to see it with my eyes and hear it with my ears...before I believe all this ;)

Thanks for posting it anyway :up:

Astro83
24th August 2013, 11:55
thank you Lcd!! But as Pino said, I want to see and hear this to belive it but as always, it sounds good! :)

Frostmourne
24th August 2013, 14:41
I think we have heard these promises before and when the actual game get released, we only see a shallow experience of those "features". Hope they will fix things this time, otherwise, I really hope Codies will get the licesnse and give us something really nice.

GigiGalliNo1
24th August 2013, 16:57
Oh my, looks like my answers of a new V-Rally 3 game style/career mode was answered!!!

And yes. We are awaiting to hear the new game and take in the new series of the WRC game! I am excited!

lcd
24th August 2013, 16:58
'... So WRC4 now offers various 3D environments such as own office, where you can plan his career closely. Contrary to the usual linearity, here you can choose what career path you intervene and what contracts you sign or what race you want to go...
Besides the two single-player modes, there are also a multiplayer mode...This is done in old-school style in the race against the ghost car of a challenger...Regardless of the mode, the game has an in-house Daylight system so that the next time the weather changes depending on the duration of the race or rally. So it can happen that one day, a rally begins the race but continued leading place in the late evening or at night. Another improvement is the damage model of cars. This now responds faithfully to collisions with the environment and impaired driving behavior as authentic as the engine allows it.''

http://www.spieletester.com/preview/fia-world-rally-championship-4-gamescom-2013-vorschau/

Astro83
24th August 2013, 17:08
Good work lcd! Keep the updates coming! Thanks alot! :)

eestlane
24th August 2013, 17:16
The one thing that always was bugging me was that the camera was moving when i hit the breakes or when i step on the throttle and even when you turn right or left. Is there any way that i can lock it or it will always be the same...

Frostmourne
24th August 2013, 19:06
Regarding multiplayer, as far as I know, no leaderboards were available in the last iteration, hope they will implement one for this game.

Astro83
24th August 2013, 19:08
I still hopes for a wrc sim not a game... the stages still is a arcade child game... not a single real stage detail... little hard but almost, they needs to look at a real wrc stage and implement the details in the games...

lcd
25th August 2013, 09:26
Here we go! The first actual gameplay from Germany, with Alan behind the wheel!
As you can see, there are several Improvements we've been reading about the last days!
Happy to hear Germany has new stages, that do not repeat sections!

I'd say the whole thing, Is In a good direction, what do you say?

CZAAQcd_9sM

Astro83
25th August 2013, 10:10
The sound seems better, hard to hear good but little bit better, we will see if there is individual car sound that is a most... I got a bit angry tough, why the hell do they not make the typical stages in germany like the stages in wineyards and in panzerplatte?! I hope they have them!!

I dont understand why they have like 10 "arrows" in junctions instead of 2 like in real??? And in some junctions, they not have them in all. This is what I mean, they do not care about the small real details in a wrc rallystage! And that upset me when they have the real wrc-license!

As for the stage, okey but looks more like france or something then a real german stage.

And the arcade stage finish, hate it!

but it seems little bit better then wrc 3 but like a big update rather then a whole new game. This is not a sim, because they not use the real details, the stages dont look like the real dealand so on.

lcd
25th August 2013, 19:53
Sebastien Pelicano, WRC4 game director confirms evrything we have recently read about WRC4
and reveals a couple new things to Alan Boiston (VVV). Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQQHbkeJKxk&feature=c4-overview&list=UUEvr879Hns1Ccb_gVaV7-5w

bennizw
25th August 2013, 22:30
Happy to hear that they at last have included support for h-shift gearing!

eestlane
25th August 2013, 23:13
How is it realistic when a 1200kg car stops from 100 km/h to a dead stop in 35m? And you can see that driving with a wheel will be awful. Just take RBR physics and just make the graphics better.

Astro83
26th August 2013, 03:58
Yes, it's good to hear that they have worked with engineers from teams in wrc about the physics, but the little of game play I'v seen so far, it feels like it's much like before but we'll see.

My biggest fair is as I said before - the stages. Germany stage we seen now and the finnish stage does not really enjoy me. Looks like wrc 3 and not even close to the real deal so if that's how it is when they realise the game, then it's a big NO for me. This is a big part for the realism and if they not can get that simple thing right for 4 years now, then it's sad and a bit funny when they are pro developers!

How hard can it be to make real looking stages with real details and nature graphics???? I will never understand that part!

And they most make a real stage finish and real stage starts....
The finish of the stage is like in wrc 3 - arcade!

As for Finland, have you ever seen a stage and road looking like that? look at the nature in that stage?? very unreal. Only to look at photos and incar movies from Finland. I have been there several times, some of you to I think...

Germany stage - were are all the wine yards roads with tight hairpins, jumps, bad asphalt, long downhill and uphill sections?? Panzerplatte stage on a military road?? Come on - It's not near the real deal.

I cant understand why the graphic of the nature around the stages is so wrong??

I live in Sweden and the trailer from Sweden... ohh, I did'nt recognize that very well... The nature in this game is not even near the word "okey" or "good"

As for the career, I really hope for an REAL career feeling as in for example F1 2011.

The lightning effects they mention seems like a very good deal, as for the h-shift, wheels and cockpit adjustment - big plus!

But they need to step up untill they realise with the stage bulid when it comes to real details and the nature sorunding the stages!! If this should be a realistic sim and not another arcade racer.

The individual car sounds needs to be perfect and true this time!

Plz lcd, make this feedback get to milestones attention as you did for wrc 3! :)

Astro83
26th August 2013, 07:57
Gamescom: WRC 4 part 3 - YouTube (http://youtu.be/sISM8W7aic4)

New vid but that did'nt say much about the game sadly but more info to come.

lcd
26th August 2013, 16:35
A new fans made video, showing a new German stage (starting at 2:36) which reminds the real Mosel a lot.
pcnLKXvmzA4#t=181

bennizw
26th August 2013, 16:54
They have still retained the robot co-driver though...

Astro83
26th August 2013, 17:29
A new fans made video, showing a new German stage (starting at 2:36) which reminds the real Mosel a lot.
pcnLKXvmzA4#t=181

Guerra leads? ;)

Are the "driver" drunk?? ;)

thank you lcd, I think that the stage from 2.36 is real nice but when it goes to the finish of the stage, njee not so good. I think it's some good really good parts in the stage but I'd hope that the stages was in that class all the time.

The start of the stage is well done, feels almost real but they REAlLY NEEDS to create a real stage finish, I really hate that arcadish stage finish when it easily can be so so much better wih a stage finish that looks real were you drive to the stop point! As in RBR.

But as for the germany stages, I really hope that they now have some tight and twisty wine-yard stages! That is Germany! And some panzarplatte look alike. They really need to copy every events stages so it feel absolutly real.

Like the germanys road surface as well, it's very slippery from time to time, especilly when it rains. That is also something I really hope that they who develop a wrc game/sim can think of!

I dont konw if I "wants" to hear this so bad, but for me, it feels like that the DS3 now sounds like a Citroen, much better sound than the other ****ty games in this serie? If i'm right.. Thanks Milestone! But if I'm right, then I hope that every single wrc car has their "own" sound and not as wrc 3....

Otherwise, it feels like the menus and so on feels much better and I like that type of menus...

The co-driver sound is the same - very bad. That's my opinion. I dont like that computer/arcade feel at all.

The physics feels better but it will be intresting to hear when team vvv starts to test this game.

And then the results/leaderbords, They most get that right, Guerra will never lead the WRC-class or take a stage win! come on. Copy the real leaderbords and make them realistic please.

But it looks ok but I want Milestone to think and create more simular nature/enviroment to the real events, stages that feels like we acculy drives the real events and looks simular to this we see live or on tv!

Real stage details all the way.

Individual copys of each and everyone of the cars cockpits/dash. Copy the cars straight a way!

A real career without some arcade stuff. Look at the F1 2011 career from codies! awesome!

Create the whole wrc feeling, this is a license game/sim and not a "random arcade" racer. This should be all 110% pure WRC all the way like before!! :)

And a heli in the air would be a cool and realistic thing!!

I hope Milestone can get this right some time!

cytrus
30th August 2013, 09:32
I think that WRC 4 is a good option for winter evenings but not replace RBR :)

GigiGalliNo1
7th September 2013, 16:22
Any more news on the game?

EightGear
7th September 2013, 17:41
Developer interview and general impressions. It's from a channel dedicated to simracing.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fAgGpxuiId0#

AdvEvo
7th September 2013, 21:47
it s wasted money compared to RBR. Try real physics mod for RBR you be amazed.

Astro83
8th September 2013, 11:30
I like that they seem to have fix a service park, podium and a real career mode. If they also have worked with many drivers and engeneers about the physics, then it would be impossible to create bad physics right?? ;) So Im very intresting to see that!The stages and stage details is far from real life looking sadly and that part and if the sound is bad, I will not buy this, they need to get the stages right! But we will see!! :) Some news on TeamVVV when he is going to make new test on this game?

Plan9
10th September 2013, 03:11
When will it be released worldwide?

lcd
13th September 2013, 07:57
New WRC4 time of day/weather trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=OUFWjXGvuiY

bennizw
14th September 2013, 00:07
The Polo WRC car model still looks crap as in WRC3. Too tall.

Hazza555)
14th September 2013, 09:12
As does the Fiesta

lcd
18th September 2013, 20:41
New sounds for WRC4!!! :colour:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BgnbaBqMak&feature=youtu.be

Astro83
18th September 2013, 22:14
what can I say, it's better but it's far from perfect! Sounds like a angry bee on youtube....

The funny part is that you see one SS from the finish of this one!? That's so unreal, but milestone don't care about this title. They never put in their heart for this title... They said that they SS never would reapet them selfs. The one SS from Gamescom and this one is exactly that...Like in WRC 3!! So badly made...

I really hope that this only is a way of showing us the sound, graphic and so on, but is this the SS from the upcoming game, then they have done exactly like in WRC 3 and lie to us!

I really dont see my self buying this game...

It's so many things they have to improve to get this intresting, I rather play very old rallygames and watch wrc on tv and live. Milestone cant create a worthy wrc sim...

bennizw
19th September 2013, 20:48
Better I guess, but the crackle from the exhaust pot sounds very tame and "thin". That must be the easiest sound to record and get perfect?

bennizw
25th September 2013, 17:23
Any more news on WRC4, and if they are going to fix the co-drivers audio? God it's horrible..

GigiGalliNo1
26th September 2013, 15:56
There is WRC4 the game Rally Australia video online.

The sound is either horrible or just out of sync BUT it looks like the current Rally Australia stages in scenery and colors.

pino
26th September 2013, 19:02
After watching last couple of videos, I am quite optimistic about it. But as you all know, I am not a professional player so... :p:

Hazza555)
27th September 2013, 02:17
There is WRC4 the game Rally Australia video online.

The sound is either horrible or just out of sync BUT it looks like the current Rally Australia stages in scenery and colors.

I suspect it is just bad video editing... However if they can't get that right, then...

bennizw
27th September 2013, 08:58
They really haven't changed the car modelling at all since WRC 2. It looks stupid the way things are now. Can't they see that the cars look different from the real thing?

Plan9
2nd October 2013, 23:33
I have just pre-ordered this game. I keep buying these as there is nothing new comming out doing a rally focussed game at the moment. It is a pragmatic second choice to the classics from the ps2 series and rbr.

xX Jojje Xx
8th October 2013, 13:57
New preview from Alan at Team VVV,soon to come..direct feed videos.
Looking forward to see the game in action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8vu9MLi ... b_gVaV7-5w (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8vu9MLiF5k&feature=c4-overview&list=UUEvr879Hns1Ccb_gVaV7-5w)

xX Jojje Xx

xX Jojje Xx
8th October 2013, 14:32
Inside SimRacing :

Career Mode Start Up :

http://insidesimracing.tv/videos/view/9 ... g-Episodes (http://insidesimracing.tv/videos/view/973/0/Inside-Sim-Racing-Episodes)

Game Play videos :

http://insidesimracing.tv/videos/view/9 ... g-Episodes (http://insidesimracing.tv/videos/view/972/0/Inside-Sim-Racing-Episodes)

xX Jojje Xx

Allyc85
9th October 2013, 21:22
So when do the new engine sounds get put in? :confused: :rolleyes: :erm:

xX Jojje Xx
9th October 2013, 22:29
WRC 4 demo on consoles 16/10.

xX Jojje Xx

GigiGalliNo1
11th October 2013, 16:31
Inside SimRacing :

Career Mode Start Up :

http://insidesimracing.tv/videos/view/9 ... g-Episodes (http://insidesimracing.tv/videos/view/973/0/Inside-Sim-Racing-Episodes)

Game Play videos :

http://insidesimracing.tv/videos/view/9 ... g-Episodes (http://insidesimracing.tv/videos/view/972/0/Inside-Sim-Racing-Episodes)

xX Jojje Xx

So the Career mode is like V-Rally 3, I love it. Start as junior, get teams to contact you and move up the chain in teams and cars :)

Hazza555)
12th October 2013, 01:42
Website online...

http://www.wrcthegame.com

Just noticed that there are only 16 cars in game, so no more classic wheels. The simulation of the modern ones better be spot on if that is the case.

bennizw
12th October 2013, 10:56
I was hoping to have some of the older cars so it actually would be worth driving with the h-shift.

Hazza555)
13th October 2013, 06:53
I was hoping to have some of the older cars so it actually would be worth driving with the h-shift.

Hah! Yeah whats the point of that now. Group N and R4 still H-pattern?

A FONDO
14th October 2013, 18:05
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IdOFAs3Eo0

lcd
15th October 2013, 09:52
Argentina (dusk)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjNZxuqjE30

Portugal (dusk)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rw_wDf5p3Kw

Mexico (noon)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ADZSy2fo2U

Sweden (noon)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1c-ac5GWkG0

Monte Carlo (dawn)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0yBGzDh ... b_gVaV7-5w (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0yBGzDhlew&feature=UUEvr879Hns1Ccb_gVaV7-5w)

Italian community day:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ubq4HNUs_pg

MrJan
15th October 2013, 14:26
WRC 4 demo on consoles 16/10.

xX Jojje Xx

Just in time for the end of the season, good work Milestone! :rolleyes:

bennizw
15th October 2013, 15:47
I am surprised how Milestone actually can get away with making their games this way. Obviously nobody who distributes the rights give a damn about the quality of the franchise. Every year there is a little polish of the previous game. After four years, I would expect a lot more from them.

pino
16th October 2013, 08:42
Can't play the video until I get back from my long vacation, can anyone please post a review thanks :up:

xX Jojje Xx
16th October 2013, 16:49
First impression...

The demo lets you play 2 stages in Italy with the Polo.

Graphics and textures are improved.
I dont really know how a rally car sounds in real life..but the sound in wrc 4 is fine by me.
There is a little less grip than WRC 3..feels good.
My concern is the steering and the lack of force feedback.
I have the old Microsoft wheel and it felt good in WRC 3.
In WRC 4 the steering is very twitchy and "pointy",hard to keep the car straight in the faster sections.
I have tried different settings but no luck so far.

xX Jojje Xx

xX Jojje Xx
16th October 2013, 17:28
UPDATE:

Increased the Deadzone and Linearity one notch.
Feels better but not good.
The Force Feedback is bad!!

Just to get things started... :p
S1: 2.37.15
S2: 2.43.03
Total: 5.20.19

xX Jojje Xx

xX Jojje Xx
16th October 2013, 18:22
S1: 2.36.32
S2: 2.41.98
Total: 5.18.31

No assist,manual.

xX Jojje Xx

lcd
16th October 2013, 20:08
WRC4 full demo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VX8tJh80O5s

lcd
16th October 2013, 20:20
There is a little less grip than WRC 3..feels good...the steering is very twitchy and "pointy", hard to keep the car straight in the faster sections....

Haven't played It yet, but that sounds quite simulation to me... ;) All first reports, say about a different, more challenging handling model, compared to the previous one.

Anyway. the look of the game, In terms of natural colours/lightings and overall WRC atmosphere/presentation, has been Improved a lot.

Let's hope It sets up some new stadards for the future, If the license stays on Italian ground (something I wish for, to be honest)

GigiGalliNo1
18th October 2013, 15:33
I hope the Evo X will have more power

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/18/bute9u2y.jpg

xX Jojje Xx
18th October 2013, 20:40
Am I the only one who has tried the demo ? :confused:
I thought the forum would come to life when the demo arrived...
Are you all on PC ?
Really interested to here what you all think of the demo.

xX Jojje Xx

bennizw
18th October 2013, 21:00
I tried the demo on PS3 briefly yesterday, going to have a go again this evening. I looks and feels better than WRC3, and I actually kind like the sound of the car in third person view, sadly I play with a bonnet view where the sound is far from as good. Hope they give the sound a little more aggressive touch in the other camera views too.

Still don't understand why they haven't changed the co-driver to an actual persons voice, stupid with this robot-like crap.
Any suggestions how much I should alter the linearity of the steering wheel to make it more playable? Had some trouble myself when testing it.

xX Jojje Xx
18th October 2013, 21:08
See my post about linearity and deadzone.
I struggled to with the default settings.

xX Jojje Xx

bennizw
18th October 2013, 21:34
Great, thanks. Had another go now. Still find the grip levels way to high, this is very clear when watching the replays. The car doesn't seem to slide through the corners properly, and is away from them way too quick. There is also still something weird with the weight of the car which makes it hard to do scandinavian flicks with. It just suddenly turns in in an unnatural way.

Any other thoughts and comments on the demo from others?

GigiGalliNo1
19th October 2013, 03:59
I have xbox 360 but can't find the demo, perhaps not available in Australia online yet?? WRC 1, 2, 3 is online....

Allyc85
20th October 2013, 14:26
Great, thanks. Had another go now. Still find the grip levels way to high, this is very clear when watching the replays. The car doesn't seem to slide through the corners properly, and is away from them way too quick. There is also still something weird with the weight of the car which makes it hard to do scandinavian flicks with. It just suddenly turns in in an unnatural way.

Any other thoughts and comments on the demo from others?

The car still feels too light to me as I have had it flip over on a tiny bank, at some rediculous low speed too many times. Probably why scandinavian flicks are hard to do as you cant build up the momentum correctly.

As for the rest of the game the graphics are good, but the sound still isnt great with a dull robot codriver and engine sound effects that are still crap compared to Dirt 3 and Forza 4!

Stage design from the demo is ok, but there are almost too many hairpins now and you spend most of the time in gears 1 to 3, even with short ratios.

I think I will wait until WRC4 is very cheap before buying.

lcd
21st October 2013, 14:49
I had the chance to play the demo on xbox360. I really enjoyed It!
Many Improvements compared to the previous one.

The feeling of the new, Improved handling model was a pleasant sursprise.
More sensitive steering, Increased brake distance, better handbrake, better weight transfer, better suspensions system.
Actually, I think the fact, car rolls over easily, hasn't to do with speed but sudden weight transfer and that's natural.

Sounds: the big Issue. Way better than WRC3, hope we all agree. More aggressive, raw and very clean, regarding engine noise/effects or enviromental sounds and collisions.

In my opinion, one of the strongest points of the game, for this year, Is the natural look the game has. No more cartoon full saturated graphics like before. The addition of time of day lightings, give a more natural look to the enviroment.
The presentation/menus/career structure/music, have a more porfessional touch; that works fine with me!

So far so good! Looking forward to the full game!

lcd
21st October 2013, 17:39
A sound comparison, so everyone can hear the similarity of the onboard sound Polo R WRC (real) VS Polo R WRC (WRC4)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmUaWFci ... e=youtu.be (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmUaWFcioco&feature=youtu.be)

Astro83
22nd October 2013, 01:03
If they only had to put more "bass" or depth into the sound it would be near perfect, incar...

xX Jojje Xx
25th October 2013, 14:48
Just a quick comment on the steering input in the full game.
I use the Microsoft wheel.

In the demo I had a hard time finding the right settings,felt awkward and twitchy.
I had to increase the deadzone and linearity to keep the car straight.

In the full game I have to decrease the deadzone to zero,decrease the linearity one notch and
the car still feels "calmer" than in the demo.

The "new" steering input feels a lot better I think,more weight to the car..hard to explain.

I have only tried a couple of stages,but I get that Colin feelin..and that can only be good :)

xX Jojje Xx

bennizw
25th October 2013, 15:47
Right, I purchased my copy of WRC4 for the PS3 this afternoon, and have had sometime with it. This short review is based on the first two wildcard events of the Career Mode + half the first round of the JWRC (next season). Just for notes, I have been driving the game with a Logitech G25 and driving with the bonnet cam.

PHYSICS
Definitly an upgrade from WRC3. The car feels heavier and more predictable, although it sometimes turns in some odd ways. I have driven the Fiesta R2 on both tarmac and gravel, and to be honest, I don't feel too much of a difference between the two surfaces. The car feels very stuck to the ground when driving on gravel, and is almost impossible to slide. This is a letdown. When shifting between surfaces in Spain (on tarmac tyres), the car as more or less exactly the same grip on gravel as tarmac.

SOUNDS
Two things I like so far: On the start line, when putting the Fiesta R2 in gear, they have actually got the real sound of the gear change, that's good. Also, when driving in Spain and Germany and cutting corners, you can hear the gravel clattering under the car. Sadly there is no gravel clattering when actually driving a gravel rally like Portugal.....?? Co-driver is the same as previous game, still as bad as always. The Fiesta's car sound is very poor, sounding nothing like an R2 should. Once again it sounds like a bad group N car.

STAGES
The stages I have driven so far are exactly the same as in WRC3. I don't think this should be acceptable from an official game of a such franchise. I also find myself becoming bored of driving the game, purely because the stage design is so boring and little life like. Being in 2013 I think we can expect from an offical WRC game that the stages a photorealistc in design, if not modeled after actual stages. Looking back at games like the Evolution Studios WRC games, and of course RBR, there was actually some resemblance to the way real life stages look - why can't it be that way with Milestone's games? The stages are wide, and the design seems to have the same patterns across the different rallies. The stages are also short, but then again, I don't think I would have bothered driving longer stages because I end up getting so bored with them.

I also don't feel like I am driving a WRC event (beside the stage design) - where are all the spectators and the atmosphere by the stage? My best guess is that I am driving a mid-week local rally.

GRAPHICS
I minor improvement from WRC3 I guess, but still way behind the regular standard of a modern console game. Very choppy graphics, and also a lot of bad textures in the stages. Examples are walls and gravel surfaces.

CAREER MODE
So far it seems very predictable when it comes to the way your career develops. You receive the same e-mails after each rally, and there is not much to do between events. I would at least have expected some communication with the press and sponsors. As I won the two wildcard events, I have offers from both Academy, WRC3 and WRC2 teams, which was an interesting pick (I went with a full season of WRC Academy). Before choosing I would have liked to be able to test the cars, so it wouldn't be a blind choice (as in V-Rally 3's career mode). If you end up on the podium in an event, the rally end's with a so-called podium ceremony. What it in reality is, is three cars up on a podium all by themselves. No drivers, no spectators, no animated celebrations - nothing at all. It really is a half-arse job, and not worth having in the game at all.

That's my thoughts so far! Looking forward to hearing your reactions :)

xX Jojje Xx
25th October 2013, 16:14
bennizw: Did you feel any change in the steering input ? ( see my post )

xX Jojje Xx

bennizw
25th October 2013, 16:35
Not sure, didn't drive the demo too much. I turned of the deadzone on both the steering, accelerator and brakes. Put the linearity up a notch both of the steering and brakes.

xX Jojje Xx
25th October 2013, 19:08
Ok, big difference on the Microsoft wheel.
Thanks for the review,always interesting to here from other rally fans.
I will be testing more tomorrow and give you my impressions.

xX Jojje Xx

Plan9
27th October 2013, 03:51
Can someone put a picture of the MINI JCW WRC car they are using for this game?

Allyc85
27th October 2013, 13:35
They still have the Great Orme as a mixed surface stage, what a bunch of idiots!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZN751WuXcI

wurc
28th October 2013, 14:27
STAGES
The stages I have driven so far are exactly the same as in WRC3. I don't think this should be acceptable from an official game of a such franchise. I also find myself becoming bored of driving the game, purely because the stage design is so boring and little life like. Being in 2013 I think we can expect from an offical WRC game that the stages a photorealistc in design,

few basic questions regarding WRC 4 for PS3

just wanted to make sure, this is an official WRC game with its license and there is no realistic special stages ?
frankly speaking if that's true, I don't wanna buy this game anymore...

bennizw
28th October 2013, 20:10
Being a true WRC fan who has followed the sport for 13 years, I'd say there is very little realism to the stages in the game compared to the stages in real life.

AndyRAC
29th October 2013, 09:22
STAGES
The stages I have driven so far are exactly the same as in WRC3. I don't think this should be acceptable from an official game of a such franchise. I also find myself becoming bored of driving the game, purely because the stage design is so boring and little life like. Being in 2013 I think we can expect from an offical WRC game that the stages a photorealistc in design,

few basic questions regarding WRC 4 for PS3

just wanted to make sure, this is an official WRC game with its license and there is no realistic special stages ?
frankly speaking if that's true, I don't wanna buy this game anymore...

Yes, this is The Official game of the WRC.

Whilst one wouldn’t expect direct copies of stages (though they could for the shorter stages) they should at least look like them, and famous landmarks in stages should be included; on the old WRC games, the famous Viladrau hairpin was included. You could have the Sweetlamb bowl or the Nant Melen hairpin in Hafren, etc
Having looked at various YouTube videos, the stages just don’t WOW!! They’re all a bit samey. I wonder if Codemasters could do better with it.

bennizw
29th October 2013, 09:29
I bet you Codemasters can ;)

Frostmourne
29th October 2013, 14:34
Regarding stages and similarity to real stages, I think once I saw a youtube video comparing both real stage and the same stage on WRC 4. I think there was very good similarities between both version!

bennizw
29th October 2013, 17:20
There are no stages in WRC4 that are identical copies to the real ones. Perhaps a couple of places have resemblance, or some "landmarks" included, but the stages aren't the same.

AndyRAC
29th October 2013, 19:03
They still have the Great Orme as a mixed surface stage, what a bunch of idiots!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZN751WuXcI

On last years game Dyfnant ends up at the Great Orme..... what's that all about?? And the stage you've linked is Myherin, it looks nothing like that. Have they actually been into these forests? It appears not.

I played WRC II Extreme last night, and did Rallye Catalunya - there were 2 stages over 9km (Viladrau) and one of 15km Escadalei...none of this 4-5km nonsense.

Time for somebody else to develop the WRC game.

sete
29th October 2013, 19:11
I remember the WRC II.It was best rally game for me.There was 10 minut driving stage of Monte carlo,Pannizi hairpin and anothor famous places.Hope this kind of game comes back one times

wurc
30th October 2013, 12:55
how would you compare WRC 4 with DiRT 3 (on PS3) ?

lcd
31st October 2013, 11:02

Far better In terms of stages design and cars physics. Also much more rally authentic. ;)

wurc
31st October 2013, 11:45

Far better In terms of stages design and cars physics. Also much more rally authentic. ;)

thanks for that, I see that cars are from 2011 year, but that's not the most important,
and how it looks like comparing to GT5 ?

bennizw
31st October 2013, 19:50
I'm sorry LCD, but do you think that WRC4 has better graphics and stage design than DIRT 3?

lcd
31st October 2013, 20:28
I'm sorry LCD, but do you think that WRC4 has better graphics and stage design than DIRT 3?

Codemasters graphics quality rules, no doubt. But regarding stages design (not graphically speaking), I find the routes of WRC4 much more challneging. Especially new Finland, Germany and Australia are very Intense. Portugal, Italy, Sweden, Argentina and Greece have been nicely re-modelled/re-textured. Monte, Spain and Mexico were great even from WRC3. I should expect more from Wales and France though.

Overall, I am very satisfied with the progress made the past years by the Italian studio. Many classic WRC elements are In the game this time: Sounds have dramatically Improved, handling got more sim, career structure follows a close to real WRC progress, time of day modes added more realism, Improved graphics added a more authentic rally atmosphere around the special stages. Generally the game got the WRC Identity was missing. It's unfair always comparing them with CM; they have been In the (rally) gaming business for ages!!!

Anyway, WRC4 Is the most solid WRC title since 2010. Let's see what the future unfolds, regarding FIA license: Will It remain on Italy, will It change hands or there will be no WRC official game again (like 2005-2010 era) ?

lcd
1st November 2013, 18:47
You may wanna watch some WRC4 sim porn:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dgZ2mpmFLw

xX Jojje Xx
1st November 2013, 20:28
Wow,that looks really cool :)
I really like the game.
If you like the old Colin rallygames.. you will like WRC 4!
Are the colors of the cars right..don't know..don't care! ( no disrespect )

The game is fun to play!

xX Jojje Xx

EightGear
1st November 2013, 21:51
You may wanna watch some WRC4 sim porn:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dgZ2mpmFLw

That's not simporn. You can clearly see how unrealistic it looks and the input lag is also clear.

The video looks cool, but thats only because of the helmet cam and fancy 3 screen setup.

lcd
8th November 2013, 20:06
''Rally4'' Off-line Championship by the GreekFans community!

http://wrcgamegr.wix.com/greekfans

wurc
8th November 2013, 21:06
I play wrc 4 on PS3 since yesterday, I tried multiplayer but I'm dissapointed that in multi i'm able to play on a beginner level with all stability/autobrake etc turned on, that sucks much to be honest, because some players have huge advantage,

is there any way to play multi with all these features turned off ?

also other thing is that when I see some players with 100 level and 'game played' 2 hours, it's obvious its some kind of cheating mode..

lcd
8th November 2013, 21:18
I play wrc 4 on PS3 since yesterday, I tried multiplayer but I'm dissapointed that in multi i'm able to play on a beginner level with all stability/autobrake etc turned on...

Go to game's option, before entering online and set everything off!

The multiplayer has Indeed some Issues, but I think they will be fixed.
It has a couple of great things imo though:
Points penalty If you disconnect all the time for those fooling around
and a Disconnection percentage status,so everyone knows who are the naughty players.
Please note that disconection status Increases/decreases, depending on your disconnections!
I find those features quite novice.

wurc
8th November 2013, 21:41
Go to game's option, before entering online and set everything off!

so if i set advanced level in game options and then search for plays, I will only find players who have the same options turned on ?

The multiplayer has Indeed some Issues, but I think they will be fixed.

they should because sometimes I get all the time, connection lost, connection to psn lost etc that's really annoying, i'm playing on PS3, don't know whether it's the same on PC or xbox ?

It has a couple of great things imo though:
Points penalty If you disconnect all the time for those fooling around

right, that's great feature, I noticed that once my 800 points was taken away for disconnecting :)

and a Disconnection percentage status,so everyone knows who are the naughty players.
Please note that disconection status Increases/decreases, depending on your disconnections!
I find those features quite novice.

yes, that's true, but what in practise this knowledge gives me ? it only helps when I am the race maker and can kick player from the rally, otherwise I cannot do nothing, of course I may disconnect myself :)

bennizw
9th November 2013, 10:14
The same thing happened as with the previous games for me, I was fed up with it after four days... Need something new.

wurc
13th November 2013, 13:41
The same thing happened as with the previous games for me, I was fed up with it after four days... Need something new.

you mean the fact that in multiplayer even though you play with all aids turned off, other players have them turned on and there's nothing to be done about it whatsoever ?

one more thing, is there any way to customize things in the game on PS3 ? for instance, on PC people made a Loeb's car like he had for french rally, not the 'normal' DS3 wrc

GigiGalliNo1
17th November 2013, 04:49
I love the game! Feedback to come.

Integrale
2nd December 2013, 23:15
So, if I get it right, this game only has new stages on three rallies...

Now why would I spend that much money on a game I already have?

pino
3rd December 2013, 18:02
I love the game! Feedback to come.

I am glad to read that ! Btw I love your avatar :smokin:

Hasselhoax
9th February 2014, 22:46
Have milestone been to the events or even watched a picture from them? It can't be that hard to make the scenery look like you are in RMC or Finland, or Germany or Argentina. If Evolution could make pretty good scenary for their WRC series over ten years ago why can't Milestone do it today?

And for the sounds of the cars, ambient sounds - who or what made them? They must have used popped pop corns for gravel-hitting-wheelarches and never heard a S2000 engine IRL.

I just can't get it how the game can be so far off in the most vital elements of a rally game - sounds and scenary?

I won't even get on to the physics. It's not that I hail the RBR physics (car too light) but this is pathetic. It's ON/OFF on throttle/brakes and you get zero feeling for the stages. Like drawing circles with a ruler. But it's OK since you have a smooth-3 mile wide stage to run without beeing at all cautios for rocks, trees, ditches, fans etc.

I would love if the game was "playworthy" - it doesn't need to be a true simulator. But ATM I would take my WRC4 for PS2 from 2004 (read 2004!) every day in the week. Try it and you will say the same...

Oh man... :angryfire

Francis44
13th February 2014, 20:04
Let's see how the game will be this year, we have new consoles already, plus I think we might be surprised by who is developing the game this year.

Codemasters has been teasing two rally oriented games on twitter for this year, I think it's safe to assume one of them is Dirt 4 and I have a slight suspicion they might have been handed the WRC licence from now onwards.

bennizw
14th February 2014, 09:33
Sadly I think the distributors of the WRC-license don't care too much about who has it, and the quality of the games. Therefore I suspect it will be Milestone who has it this year too. Codies are most likely working on a joint rallycross and rallygame, where I expect the rallycross part will have the official world rallycross championship license. Maybe the rally has the ERC? But please prove me wrong, there's nothing I'd love more than Codies with a WRC-license.

pino
14th February 2014, 10:23
Sadly I have lost my hope on Milestone, and I too would love to play a WRC game made by Codies, before I am too old for that :(

Hasselhoax
14th February 2014, 10:26
I think you're right about them not caring who makes the game and how it ends up. That's stupid, since having a good game related to WRC would boost its popularity I'm sure of.

I think Codemasters have got the feel of the car weight about right. That's what's missing from a game like RBR where the cars feel a tad light. I would just like Codemasters to get rid of that stupid over the top bloom FX and yellow lighting. Look out of your window - it's not yellow. Like watching the world with cataract...

With elements from PS2 WRC series, Codemasters DiRT and RBR you would end up with a cracking rally game. Maybe look back in time as far as Rally Championship and CMR series?

Personaly I think someone else than Codemasters should get the license due to them having their fans and their fans knows what they want. I'm afraid Codemasters wouldn't like to risk their fanbase with a simple drive-very long stages-rally game and in the end the game would end up beeing a new DiRT. The US is king for Codies. Evoulution studios to give it a shot?

Cred to Milestone for trying but you've failed miserably in my eyes.

Or sorry - you didn't even try. Pathetic....

bennizw
23rd February 2014, 13:32
I have heard some rumours that Milestone have lost the WRC-license...

306 Cosworth
23rd February 2014, 19:29
I have heard some rumours that Milestone have lost the WRC-license...

Here's hoping! :D

bennizw
23rd February 2014, 21:17
I am suspecting that they are actually making two games. One rally game and one rallycross game that most likely has the World Rallycross license. Likely?

GigiGalliNo1
13th March 2014, 15:29
Any news?

bennizw
16th March 2014, 15:29
Looking back, Milestole usually starts leaking information on their WRC-games around May. But, then again, they could have lost the license this year, nobody knows. They aren't exactly going to win a prize for their customer service and information work over the past years. I am still hoping Codemasters have got the license. No matter what, it seems like Codemasters are working on something truly spectacular!

GigiGalliNo1
16th March 2014, 15:58
Where is this info with codemasters?

bennizw
16th March 2014, 21:42
Check out the DIRT Twitter and Facebook account, and you'll find loads of hints that they are working on something. The have revealed that they are working on a rally game with a focus on authenticity.

mAxL
18th March 2014, 16:42
Some tweets on this FB page > Link! (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dirt-4/216802148516939?fref=ts)

306 Cosworth
19th March 2014, 11:33
Codemasters have been working on their new game for some time. I don't think it's going to be an official WRC game. I'm hopefully visiting the studio the first week of may so hopefully I can see what they've been working on.

bennizw
20th March 2014, 00:45
Have you been accepted as a tester of the game, 306?

306 Cosworth
30th March 2014, 03:19
Have you been accepted as a tester of the game, 306?

Not quite Ben. Been invited to the studio as I helped locate a car for them.

pino
30th March 2014, 08:57

Please, try to get some info about their new rally game ;)

306 Cosworth
1st April 2014, 19:03
Please, try to get some info about their new rally game ;)

I already know a few bits of information Pino. I expect the stuff I see at the HQ though I won't be allowed to talk about.

Plan9
3rd April 2014, 21:57
I already know a few bits of information Pino. I expect the stuff I see at the HQ though I won't be allowed to talk about.

Is it possible to confirm if there will be a strong component of either Global Rallycross or European Rallycross in the upcoming Codemasters game?

GigiGalliNo1
21st April 2014, 15:49

What you mean you helped locate a car for them?

Matt.

http://MattJelonek.com

306 Cosworth
22nd April 2014, 16:32
Is it possible to confirm if there will be a strong component of either Global Rallycross or European Rallycross in the upcoming Codemasters game?

Visit the codemasters forum, there's plenty of info on their, but it certainly looks like Rallycross in some form will feature within the new game.

What you mean you helped locate a car for them?

Matt.

http://MattJelonek.com

Yes Matt, I helped them source a car and it's owner for some special purposes. I'm sworn to secrecy as to what car it is though, but it's a very exciting car.

MrJan
22nd April 2014, 17:33
Yes Matt, I helped them source a car and it's owner for some special purposes. I'm sworn to secrecy as to what car it is though, but it's a very exciting car.

Built by some farmer in Herefordshire no doubt ;)

GigiGalliNo1
8th June 2014, 14:48
After following rally Italia, I might get back into the game!!

I think I'm half way through my first WRC season.... I did a WRC2 season and before that the juniors... I'd like to go back and drive an s2000 car then WRC again :)

WRC 5 out soon?

bennizw
16th June 2014, 21:26
I wonder if they have lost the license? Haven't they usually announced something by now?

pino
17th June 2014, 11:07
Hopefully they will announce, they no longer owns the license :p:

bennizw
18th July 2014, 10:45
Kylotonn games are taking over the WRC franchise. From what I understand, they seem to have some kind of co-operation with Milestone, but I'm not sure how.
They are at least searching for new people to join the project (see the link under), and are looking at a 2015 release:

http://www.kylotonngames.com/company.php?page=jobs

306 Cosworth
9th August 2014, 11:02
Kylotonn games are taking over the WRC franchise. From what I understand, they seem to have some kind of co-operation with Milestone, but I'm not sure how.
They are at least searching for new people to join the project (see the link under), and are looking at a 2015 release:

http://www.kylotonngames.com/company.php?page=jobs

Surprised no one has commented on this after reading back through the thread. Hopefully we won't have to wait too far into 2015 for the game, although I'll probably still be rinsing the codemasters game then.

Frostmourne
12th September 2014, 18:48
Any news about a new game or something?I really hope Codemasters can take WRC lisence to get a decent game.

GigiGalliNo1
26th November 2014, 10:27
Any news?

samWRC
28th November 2014, 10:12
Any news?
Milestone is making WRC 2014 for mobile devices and Nintendo 3DS. I have to say that is really stupid decision, but I have decided that I won't buy any Milestone products any more because they are so rubbish. Next year Kylotonn Games will make WRC 2015 for Xbox One, PS4 and PC. How can they give the rights to do the game to so bad companies like those. Kylotonn has made just one driving game and it's seems to be not so good game.

Edit: Mobile-WRC is not made by Milestone. Company is Firebrand Games. There is very poorly info about the game and the season is already over . They haven't even said when the game will be published. This mobile game must be some kind of joke.

GigiGalliNo1
30th November 2014, 15:57
Great so I'll have to buy a new console?! Thanks for nothing

samWRC
30th November 2014, 16:50
For me the best WRC game is still the one and only WRC 4. And it is not the 2013 WRC 4 but the 2004 WRC 4 for PS2. It has great stages and I still love to play it. I cannot say same about the new WRC 4. Rallies are so poor in it. But I hope the situation is not like that so much longer. Sad that the license was and it will be in wrong hands so I'm afraid it is useless waiting a good WRC game in near future.

MrJan
30th November 2014, 18:34
The old Evolution Studios (??) series wasn't the best simulation game but at least they had a great variety and length for stages.

samWRC
30th November 2014, 20:44
The old Evolution Studios (??) series wasn't the best simulation game but at least they had a great variety and length for stages.

Yeah and I'm very happy that I have all those games and I still play those all. Anyone else still playing?

GigiGalliNo1
1st December 2014, 16:32
I wish I could play them...

sete
18th December 2014, 19:34
For 2015 was announced 3 new rally game:

- Sebastien Loeb Rally evo
- WRC 2015
- Dirt 4

http://www.lemagsportauto.com/sebastien-loeb-rally-evo-annonce/6968/