PDA

View Full Version : Doing a survey on attending races for grad school class

Raynald Mirville
7th March 2013, 20:41
Hi everyone,

I'm Raynald Mirville, a School of Information Master's student at the University of Michigan. I'm looking for participants for a survey on planning for and attending auto racing events for a class project. I'm a part of a group of 5 students evaluating NASCAR's Watkins Glen mobile app, and we would love to have the opinions of people who have attended and bought their own tickets to auto racing events.

Are there any folks here who have attended a race in-person who would be willing to do an online survey with us sometime next week (Sunday, March 10th - Friday, March 15th)? If you're interested, feel free to let me know, and I'll post a link to the survey once my group has finished it over the weekend.

Note: I asked the administrator, Mark, for permission to post this beforehand; he was okay with it.

EuroTroll
8th March 2013, 07:58
Are you looking for input from people who have attended NASCAR races or did you mean any auto races? If the former is true, I couldn't help, but if the latter, I obviously could. And very happily would, since you ask so nicely and properly. :up:

Raynald Mirville
8th March 2013, 18:46
Are you looking for input from people who have attended NASCAR races or did you mean any auto races? If the former is true, I couldn't help, but if the latter, I obviously could. And very happily would, since you ask so nicely and properly. :up:
I'm looking for people who have attended any auto race would be fine. Glad to have your help!

Today I'm finalizing the draft of the survey with my teammates, and we'll be a doing pilot test and revision over the weekend, so I'll send a link after we've revised it.

Thanks again for your help!

Jag_Warrior
9th March 2013, 21:14
Sure, I'll take the survey. I've been to a lot of tracks but I've never been to Watkins Glen. Does that matter?

Raynald Mirville
10th March 2013, 20:06
Sure, I'll take the survey. I've been to a lot of tracks but I've never been to Watkins Glen. Does that matter?
Nope, that's fine, you'll be a great help once we've finished revising the survey. Thanks! I'll keep you updated once our survey's revised and ready to go.

Gregor-y
12th March 2013, 15:00
I've never paid to attend a race, but NASCAR at Watkins Glen is just about the only race I go out of my way to watch on tv. It's so much fun watching drivers and cars adapt to that track.

If you want a fun survey, head over to the rally forum and ask about creating a decent app for timing and splits... :uhoh:

Raynald Mirville
13th March 2013, 12:56
Hi everyone,

My team and I have finished revising the survey. I would like to post a link, but it seems I need a 15-post minimum in order to do that. So I'm sending those of you who responded a link by PM. If anyone else would like the link, feel free to PM me by Friday.

Thank you so much,

Raynald

EuroTroll
13th March 2013, 13:19
Here's the link to the survey. It takes just a minute or two to do. ;)

Auto Racing Survey (http://umichsi.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_cRRl0VRNOdhegZf)

Jag_Warrior
13th March 2013, 14:07
Easy. Done. :up:

I entered my email address, but also keep the board updated on the survey, as well as the class, Raynald.

18th May 2013, 13:23
Thanks for sharing.