PDA

View Full Version : Who had the worst performance in 2012?

nekav
17th February 2013, 20:22
Who do you think is the driver, who had good expections, but had a bad season in 2012?
For me, it was Conway.

Starter
17th February 2013, 20:51
RB

bricarr2
18th February 2013, 18:57
Hmm...worst performance in 2012?

I disagree with Conway. Remember, Foyt hasn't won a race in a unified series since I want to say 1978. Don't hold me to that exact year but its been a while. Foyt never won in CART, and won in the IRL against weaker teams. No driver has done well there of late, and I think Sato and Foyt are going to be a disastrous pairing.

As for drivers, Barrichello was a disappointment. I really thought he would be better. Marco was disappointing too. I think only one finish better than 8th.

However, if I had to offer one disappointment beyond all else, I'd say Lotus. Certainly, I knew they'd be #3 to Chevy and Honda. But the pathetic way they ran the revered Lotus through the mud was, beyond disappointing.

SoCalPVguy
19th February 2013, 15:40
Lotus !!!!!

FIAT1
19th February 2013, 18:59
Who had the worst performance in 2012?

The board of directors of Hulman & Company.

Starter
19th February 2013, 19:24
Who had the worst performance in 2012?

The board of directors of Hulman & Company.
That can't possibly be true. Their 2012 performance was on an even par with their performance in prior years. Therefore, 2012 was not a bad year for them. Also, no one expected better of them. A bunch of other people had bad years compared to expectations.

nekav
20th February 2013, 05:40
OK, but i was asking for the worst performance of a driver, not a team, not a
manufacturer

EagleEye
28th February 2013, 04:01
OK, but i was asking for the worst performance of a driver, not a team, not a
manufacturer

Graham, Ruebens and Marco.

Graham did so bad that he lost his ride at Ganassi. Ruebens did so bad, he lost his sponsorship and ride with KV, and certainly was not worth the $2 mil he demanded.

Marco continues to struggle. His melt down in the 500, and his tantrums have stunted his development. Out shined by RHR and Hinch, he would be long gone if not for Daddy.

Of the three, Graham and Marco should have done better with the team and resources they had. Both have potential, but both need to look in the mirror, and dig deep to re-establish their careers. Both, are very young, so they could recover.

zako85
28th February 2013, 04:37
I wouldn't call RB's season the worst, he was a 40 year old guy racing on brand new race tracks. But he was a big disappointment since he hasn't delivered at least once something special I was always expecting from him. No wonder he was Schumacher's "number 2" driver at Ferrari.

Another disappointment was J. R. Hildebrand, who had almost an anonymous season. I was kind of hoping he'd redeem himself after 2011 Indy.

heliocastroneves#3
28th February 2013, 22:47
Marco Andretti