PDA

View Full Version : Hankook

Sulland
14th February 2013, 17:46
Hankook is coming into WRC, and they are starting off with being single supplier for Junior WRC in 13.

Good, we need more suppliers!

pantealex
15th February 2013, 13:47
Does that mean Pirelli is out ?
Academy fiestas has use pirelli last 2 seasons.

AndyRAC
15th February 2013, 15:33
Good news! The more Manufacturers the better – now I hope the Academy will eventually use another make of car.

Fri
15th February 2013, 17:27
it looks Hyundai will use Hankook tyres

MJW
15th February 2013, 19:08
I understand that DMack are not at all happy with the decision. They were the initial succesful bidder for JWRC. Its a bit of a slap in the face for DMack who have supported several drivers, including Prokop, Ketomaa and Brynildsen. Lets hope the Chinese dont take too much offence and these drivers / teams loose their sponsorship.

makinen_fan
15th February 2013, 19:35
@MJW: DMack is not chinese company. They are based in UK but manufacturing is in China

MJW
15th February 2013, 22:26
@MJW: DMack is not chinese company. They are based in UK but manufacturing is in China

Yes, I know the DMack set up :-) thats why I posted what I did ;-).

AMSS
16th February 2013, 13:58
RUMOURS
Hankook paid an estimated 400k€ for the rights to be JWRC supplier, neither Michelin,Pirelli nor DMack wanted to go in that bidding... Not that many cars there..
Besides Hankook, also another Korean manufactorer Kumho has shown interest in the WRC, don`t know how serious though

Sulland
16th February 2013, 14:36
A good place to gain experience and get contacts with insiders to supply the juniors !

RS
16th February 2013, 15:03
RUMOURS
Hankook paid an estimated 400k€ for the rights to be JWRC supplier, neither Michelin,Pirelli nor DMack wanted to go in that bidding... Not that many cars there..

Lol, no commercial sense in terms of publicity, but how much of that can they make back in tyre sales?