PDA

View Full Version : Oscar Pistorius

keysersoze
14th February 2013, 16:45
Terrible news about the South African Olympian after a storybook summer.

If guilty, a story that unfortunately trumps Lance Armstrong for sheer draw-dropping tragedy.

Dave B
14th February 2013, 18:31
Oscar Pissed-off-e-was.

:s

Rudy Tamasz
15th February 2013, 11:18
A horrible tragedy, indeed. Another case of a sport star gone wild?

Malbec
15th February 2013, 11:37
Terrible news about the South African Olympian after a storybook summer.

If guilty, a story that unfortunately trumps Lance Armstrong for sheer draw-dropping tragedy.

From what I've read of the case looks like Pistorius doesn't have a leg to stand on. Shocking.

Mintexmemory
15th February 2013, 12:01
From what I've read of the case looks like Pistorius doesn't have a leg to stand on. Shocking.

Yet he's still walking round with a spring in his step!!

The Brit internet is awash with similar (and worse!!)

anthonyvop
15th February 2013, 21:38
Wow

A self-Absorbed, Douche with a sense of entitlement offs his woman....what a surprise.

D-Type
17th February 2013, 17:30
And it was made easier for him as he had a legally held firearm!

donKey jote
17th February 2013, 17:51
Guns don't kill people, cricket bats do ! :dozey:

keysersoze
18th February 2013, 13:17
And it was made easier for him as he had a legally held firearm!

. . . an easy conclusion to jump to.

All the facts aren't in, but let's go ahead and push the agenda.

The police are saying steroids were found in OP's home. Does that impact your opinion? And a bloody cricket bat. Does that impact your opinion?

Dave B
18th February 2013, 15:13
Cricket should definitely be banned.

Ranger
18th February 2013, 15:28
A miserable tragedy.

RIP, Reeva Steenkamp.

Mark
19th February 2013, 16:33
Seems he heard her in the bathroom, and shot through the bathroom door.

Spafranco
19th February 2013, 17:35
I read he shot through the door too. That poor girl was gorgeous. She was supposedly a really good human being too.

Again, more guns.

BDunnell
19th February 2013, 18:44
Wow

A self-Absorbed, Douche with a sense of entitlement offs his woman....what a surprise.

And in English?

henners88
19th February 2013, 20:07
Poor girl went for a wee in the middle of the night and got three bullets for her trouble. What I don't understand is how he didn't notice she wasn't in bed next to him when he was fumbling around to find his prosthetic legs and the firearm? If someone broke into my house in the middle of the night I'd wake my wife and keep her calm before ringing the police. The fact he claims not to have noticed seems fishy and is something most people would check first surely? I'd like to believe his version or events but something doesn't quite ring true to me.

Tazio
19th February 2013, 20:35
What I don't understand is how he didn't notice she wasn't in bed next to him when he was fumbling around to find his prosthetic legs and the firearm? If someone broke into my house in the middle of the night I'd wake my wife and keep her calm before ringing the police. The fact he claims not to have noticed seems fishy and is something most people would check first surely?
It may be because the police claim to have found evidence of heavy drinking before the 3am shooting, to say nothing of the concept that Pistorius is lying his ass off!

And for what it is worth:

A blood-stained cricket bat was also found in the home and it appeared that Pistorius’ girlfriend had “smash wounds” to her head.
Too say nothing of:

'Boxes and Boxes of Steroids’ Found in Blade Runner’s Home
There is evidence of 'roid rage' and or drunkenness which may have affected his judgment.

Daniel
19th February 2013, 20:42
Poor girl went for a wee in the middle of the night and got three bullets for her trouble. What I don't understand is how he didn't notice she wasn't in bed next to him when he was fumbling around to find his prosthetic legs and the firearm? If someone broke into my house in the middle of the night I'd wake my wife and keep her calm before ringing the police. The fact he claims not to have noticed seems fishy and is something most people would check first surely? I'd like to believe his version or events but something doesn't quite ring true to me.

Well, if the talk of an argument that evening is to be believed, then him accidently shooting her seems unlikely.

TheFamousEccles
20th February 2013, 01:24
This poor woman's death was entirely preventable.

As are so many others.

RIP Reeva Steenkamp

steveaki13
22nd February 2013, 21:52
Well today he was granted Bail. Seems a strange decision to me, but I guess he is seen as too well known to be a flight risk.

As I saw someone post elsewhere rather cruelly "Where are they going to put his Security tag?"

Mark
23rd February 2013, 09:38
Bail is purely on the basis of if you will run away or be a danger to others. Not if you are guilty or not.

steveaki13
23rd February 2013, 09:59
Bail is purely on the basis of if you will run away or be a danger to others. Not if you are guilty or not.

I know, but It was being suggested that he was a flight risk yesterday so I thought it strange they would grant him bail. However they obviously decided this was not the case.

Also I dont think he is a danger to others. He is not really likely to run amuck now, so I guess bail is a considered decision. Still seems strange to me though.