PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Drivers & teams

kolly69
12th February 2013, 23:25
hello. Am new to this. My husband is a huge rally fanatic. Goes to many events around the world. Am trying to impress him with my knowledge. Can someone tell me who are the names in the sport that I could mention. Favorie drivers and teams

rjbetty
13th February 2013, 00:16
Riiiight, ok.

I think you asked this a few weeks ago, but back then it was your girlfriend who was into rallying, not your husband. 0.o

kolly69
13th February 2013, 09:28
Riiiight, ok.

I think you asked this a few weeks ago, but back then it was your girlfriend who was into rallying, not your husband. 0.o

oh. this is a shared account. Will sort them out.

Formaldehyde
13th February 2013, 11:17
Matthew Wilson. The biggest rally star in the UK.

kirungi okwogera
13th February 2013, 11:40
wait, if it's a shared account and you both are asking for names to drop to sound knowledgeable in rally, it sounds like neither one of you is actually rally obsessed and needs to impress the other. just come clean and learn about rally together!

Sprocket
13th February 2013, 12:01
As a female fan it isn't at all hard to find which drivers to talk about, you just look at them.

Hirvonen, OK not exactly a looker but boy is he cute, like a living teddy bear - therefore my number 1

Ogier, Well you just can't ignore him

Loeb, Hmmmm maybe he still has a lot of charm

P.Solberg, only when he is happy

Actually it is hard to think of any I don't kind of like, must be the rally suits or something :p

You then just need to find out what team they drive for and you are sorted.

:D

Probably though it is much easier to watch the highlight shows and actually find out who they are, how they drive, what their current form is, which rallies they do well on, which they don't. What they give away in interviews etc. If you and your partner are actually fans you would be watching the shows together and discussing?

Personally I have to say I avoid talking about Mathew Wilson.

Craig Breen though, now that is the one with a future in the sport. (In my own biased and humble opinion)

Be careful though, it sucks you in.

Mintexmemory
13th February 2013, 12:41
wait, if it's a shared account and you both are asking for names to drop to sound knowledgeable in rally, it sounds like neither one of you is actually rally obsessed and needs to impress the other. just come clean and learn about rally together!

Or then again it could be a trolling expedition by an inept exponent, I am monitoring the situation - though Sprocket appears to be the only poster taking this at face value!

Sprocket
13th February 2013, 13:12
Or then again it could be a trolling expedition by an inept exponent, I am monitoring the situation - though Sprocket appears to be the only poster taking this at face value!

Trust me I had my doubts ;)

Rallyper
13th February 2013, 13:28
If youŽre from England youŽve got to know that M-Sport handling the "factory" Ford Fiestas is run by Malcolm Wilson and situated in Cumbria...

Next lesson will be the drivers in Ford team.

kolly69
13th February 2013, 17:34
ok. no trolling here. real human beings.v But we all saw the documentary on BBC2 last week which I will admit to finding very interesting.

Rallyper
13th February 2013, 18:50
Try www.wrc.com (http://www.wrc.com) and youŽll learn about the calendar for 2013.

rjbetty
14th February 2013, 19:32
oh. this is a shared account. Will sort them out.

Hey no it's ok (if the moderators are ok with it) :)

I'm just being overly suspicious of everything lately! Don't mind me.

kolly69
23rd February 2013, 22:09
Hmm - all a bit drastic by a simple post by family members. WAIT - MAYBE WE SHOULD ALERT THE CIA OR FBI

Sprocket
24th February 2013, 22:34
Odd though, that you ask for peoples favourite drivers/teams then post on several threads about phone cases being made with pictures of drivers. Anyone might think you were using the forum to sound out current availability/demand perhaps with a plan to flog a few.

I'm just a new forum member, not a mod or anything, but I noticed this and it made me wonder.

It could look like a bit of cheap market research by someone not all that interested and too lazy to do a bit of real homework on the subject.

As it is most rally fans collect things like books, diecast models and slot cars in my experience, well at least that is what my son has a lot of. (Along with some trophies which he is very proud of!) Even I've got a few diecast models I've picked up down the years at events and quite a few DVDs.

As much as I love Mikko, I'm not sure I would wan't him staring at me every time I use my phone though, I don't like him that much :p .

Perhaps a more direct approach to your research might reveal the sort of merchandise fans would actually want and buy and wouldn't make people suspicious about your posts?

I would kind of understand it more if your partner was a big fan and you came on here asking question like what is a limited slip differential, rather than some badly concealed posts which ask which would be the best drivers to use on phone cases... particularly considering you haven't engaged anyone regarding their replies and instead mock those with doubts regarding how genuine you are...

kolly69
28th February 2013, 21:52
hmm - I think I will carry on with Google. Seems a lot easier than conspiracy theories. Anyway, fun to all.

Sprocket
28th February 2013, 23:26
Why not just look on ebay (http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=rally+phone+cases&_sacat=0&_from=R40) - then you will see phone cases for rally fans

I like the pace note idea.

Sorry btw I was only trying to be helpful.

Sprocket
28th February 2013, 23:33
PS if you want me to PM you some links to websites with rally specific merchandise let me know, there are several I've used in the past for my son's gifts.

kolly69
8th March 2013, 18:22
Yes please. That would be great. Have Googled this to death and looked on eBay. There is somewhere that someone tells me that does exclusive gifts. A UK based photographer I am told. Am nearly there I think. They will be impressed with my meticulous research :-)