PDA

View Full Version : Rally Guanajuato Mexico 2013

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Bartolbia84
2nd February 2013, 08:54
Rally Guanajuato México 2013 - 7 al 10 de Marzo - León (http://www.rallymexico.com/site/es)

bluuford
2nd February 2013, 12:28
Known entries:
WRC
1. Hirvonen DS3WRC
2. Sordo DS3WRC
3. Guerra DS3WRC
4. Atkinson DS3WRC
5. Ostberg Fiesta WRC
6. Novikov Fiesta WRC
7. Attyah Fiesta WRC
8. Neuville Fiesta WRC
9. Prokop Fiesta WRC
10. Block Fiesta WRC
11. Ogier Polo WRC
12. Latvala Polo WRC
13. Kosciusko Mini WRC

WRC2
1. Protasov Subaru
2. AlKuwari Fiesta RRC

Bartolbia84
2nd February 2013, 12:59
Trivino WRC???

vino_93
2nd February 2013, 13:25
and Name ? Last year he wanted to rent a Mini.

Bartolbia84
2nd February 2013, 15:10

Pancho Name...

Kielder
2nd February 2013, 16:28

He will run in his home rally. As many rally drivers worldwide, he's been trying to find more funds. Depending on them, he'll choose a car. He is about to make an announcement.

Frostmourne
3rd February 2013, 06:26
Isn't Al-Kuwari driving Mini S2000? did he switch to Fiesta this year?

vino_93
3rd February 2013, 08:38
Yes he switches to Fiesta RRC. He drove former Ostberg car in Qatar Rally 2013.

rayh_mx
5th February 2013, 15:00
Andrés Montalto from Costa Rica. Subaru Impreza STI 2008

jonas_mcrae
6th February 2013, 03:41
I believe Rally america will run again, so at least a few more cars will start the rally as well as some locals in GR. N. About Trivino I dont know if he will try the same as last year but his father has the funds, so maybe... Volkswagen is a major sponsor this year as they just opened up a huge plant near Leon, lets see how that goes.

Bartolbia84
6th February 2013, 09:30
Then there is a chance to see both BenitoGuerra eTrivino on of WRC!
Other names???

jbmarcus21
6th February 2013, 15:53
Google Earth Map is now out Wrc Rally Guanajuato México 2013 (http://planetemarcus.com/saison-wrc/mexique-2013/)

Kielder
8th February 2013, 13:39
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuJFHURKLh8&feature=player_embedded

rayh_mx
8th February 2013, 15:44
From 7 to 10 March
4 Days of competition
21 SS in 2013
Ceremonial Start in Alhondiga de Granaditas with 65,000 spectators.- Guanajuato Street Stage
Service Park.- Poliforum de León.- 30 thousand tickets sold
Special Stages.- 390 kilometers
300,000 people in the Sierra
SSS.- Autódromo de León.- 22, 000 tickets sold
León Street stage.- 7, 000 people

In 2012 440, 000 spectators

Press.- 398 Press Acreditations.- Over 900 published notes

Finish and awards ceremony.- 12, 000 spectators.- Parque Explora

Iwas there... and I will be therr :)

Tom206wrc
9th February 2013, 13:35
When is entrylist published :confused:

Plan9
10th February 2013, 00:24
Juho is not going?

Kielder
10th February 2013, 02:25
Juho is not going?

Before Monte it was rather difficult Juho running in Mexico. After Sweden it's almost impossible him being there. :(

rayh_mx
10th February 2013, 05:47
Entry list on feb 22

Mintexmemory
11th February 2013, 11:38
Entry list on feb 22

Pickem goes live as soon as the entry list can be uploaded :)

Kielder
11th February 2013, 15:09
For the first time ever, the FIA has issued an entry list for a rally with no number one:

http://www.maxrally.com/cache/made/uploads/images/Entry_110213_666_444_80_c1_center_center.JPG

P.S. Xevi Pons is available ;) .

tolis
11th February 2013, 15:29
2013 Rally Guanajuato Mexico - Manufacturer Entries | Federation Internationale de l'Automobile (http://www.fia.com/2013-rally-guanajuato-mexico-manufacturer-entries)

oyunbozan
11th February 2013, 22:14
i think VW might struggle with tyres degredation here.

Kielder
12th February 2013, 01:39
It's confirmed that Pancho Name will drive an EVO IX in WRC2.

sp0+
12th February 2013, 07:42
@ Kielder:

I think Seb the Great deserves to keep No 1 forever....

oyunbozan
12th February 2013, 08:45
@ Kielder:

I think Seb the Great deserves to keep No 1 forever....

you talk like a footbal fan :)

Bartolbia84
12th February 2013, 08:56
It's confirmed that Pancho Name will drive an EVO IX in WRC2.

Pancho Name will do other races besides Mexico??

The WRC-2 also Lorenzo Bertelli.

Mintexmemory
12th February 2013, 09:21
i think VW might struggle with tyres degredation here.

Why, they are on the same tyres as the rest of the main competition? Trust me, if it's bad for VW it will be worse for others. They weren't spending all their time listening to mariachi bands when they were taking their Mexico mid-winter break recently!

A FONDO
12th February 2013, 09:21

A worthy substitute of NOTis :laugh:

Ucci
12th February 2013, 09:24
Some thoughts or let say questions prior to the event:
- will VW experience technical troubles??
- how will flat tyres influence on the final order??
- on which stage will Novikov roll the car??
- will Hirvonen finally start to drive instead of crusing??
- will be Block faster than WRC2 class??

So, your opinions....

Kielder
12th February 2013, 09:48
Pancho Name will do other races besides Mexico??

The WRC-2 also Lorenzo Bertelli.

No, he won't. His goal this season is the National Championship, where he's the current runner-up behind Benito Guerra.

Bartolbia84
12th February 2013, 10:04
No, he won't. His goal this season is the National Championship, where he's the current runner-up behind Benito Guerra.

Thank's

oyunbozan
12th February 2013, 10:44
Why, they are on the same tyres as the rest of the main competition? Trust me, if it's bad for VW it will be worse for others. They weren't spending all their time listening to mariachi bands when they were taking their Mexico mid-winter break recently!

i think polo is sliding more than others. this might cause more tyre damage at rears. it is spectacular but inefficent.

tobbe3
12th February 2013, 11:33
Looking forward to Mexico!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFRF5QWm2SQ

Mintexmemory
12th February 2013, 11:52
i think polo is sliding more than others. this might cause more tyre damage at rears. it is spectacular but inefficent.

That just happens to be the most effective driving style on ice and snow, constant instability. It is quick but if not exactly controlled can lose seconds (Latvala). Don't expect that Ogier and Latvala will drive in Mexico in the same manner.

Mintexmemory
12th February 2013, 12:02

So, your opinions....

Will VW experience technical troubles?
No I expect their engine to work best at the altitude, the drive train looks well put together too
How will flat tyres influence on the final order?
This is the lottery, and neat driving (like Loeb has shown regularly in Mex) pays dividends - Ogier to be the best combination of speed and neatness in my book (JML and Mads always seem to put a foot over the edge)
On which stage will Novikov roll the car?
SS14 - shall we have a sweepstake?
Will Hirvonen finally start to drive instead of crusing?
I suspect he will cruise to pick up points and hope that the VW guys get into a self-destructive private war later in the season. Think he realises he doesn't have 'it' to outdrive them.
Will Block be faster than WRC2 class?
Haven't seen the WRC2 list yet but I suspect that the best WRC2 driver will beat Block and score WRC points !

oyunbozan
12th February 2013, 12:10
That just happens to be the most effective driving style on ice and snow, constant instability. It is quick but if not exactly controlled can lose seconds (Latvala). Don't expect that Ogier and Latvala will drive in Mexico in the same manner.

i remember latvala and novikov totaly destroying rear tyres in some rallies in recent years, when it is hot and rough.
mine is just an observation from both monte and sweeden. the more angle of the slide gets, the more tyres punished. i saw polos showing opposite side of the car many times from photos/videos taken from the inside of mid and slow turns.

stefanvv
12th February 2013, 12:24
i remember latvala and novikov totaly destroying rear tyres in some rallies in recent years, when it is hot and rough.

I remember the same for Hirvonen last year. Don't remember which Rally it was though, but one of these rough for sure. It doesn't depend of the car, but how is driven. Full throttle sideways out of corner is what destroy them on rough gravel. But as Mintexmemory pointed out, this can happen often in Sweden, I don't expect the same in Mexico.

rayh_mx
12th February 2013, 15:18
Entry List will be published on Thursday February 14th, 2013

Writed in Rally Guide Version 2, page 9 and not on February 22th like i've writen[/size][/font][/size][/font]

Kielder
12th February 2013, 15:36
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BC6c1NcCQAExGl4.jpg

Nice picture of Del Barrio on Twitter. I translate what he wrote:

"Tomorrow at 7 A.M. I'm going to start recycling the notes of Mexico. There is a lot of work, it changes significantly regarding 2010. It's better!

Sprocket
12th February 2013, 15:59

So, your opinions....

Not sure I have any good answers, but for sure I'm looking forward to Mexico after Sweden. I think there is much that is hard to predict and Mexico will start to shed some real light on this years Championship.

If they have technical problems it is not due to lack of preparation for the conditions in the rally

Those that get them will most likely finish behind those that don't :D

SS21

He had better - Loeb has won mexico for past 6 years - Hirvonen should be able to show pace for the win based on past second places behind Loeb, I think he is too far adrift in the Drivers Championship not to go for a win in Mexico and just try to cruise the whole season. I think maybe I'll be hoping for a Hirvonen/JML fight for victory in Mexico 2013

- will Block be faster than WRC2 class??

Probably not faster than some of them

I think as ever Mexico will be tyres and retirements, it is not a rally that has always been kind to Ogier in the past either. I really can't wait for it this year!

sp0+
12th February 2013, 18:28

No, not at all. Also basketball legends keep their numbers forever when they retire.... Seriously now....Let's say that it would be fair for him to keep No 1 untill someone breaks at least one of his records... If Ogier is the one, so be it..... But till then i feel very lucky to have seen this talent for the past ten years.... :)

Sorry for the off-topic!!

sp0+
12th February 2013, 18:35
A worthy substitute of NOTis :laugh:

Please, don't be so harsh on me.... You can call me whatever you 'd like, but please not NOT!!!! :) :) :)

oyunbozan
12th February 2013, 19:05
No, not at all. Also basketball legends keep their numbers forever when they retire.... Seriously now....Let's say that it would be fair for him to keep No 1 untill someone breaks at least one of his records... If Ogier is the one, so be it..... But till then i feel very lucky to have seen this talent for the past ten years.... :)

Sorry for the off-topic!!

ok.. there is hunereds of "teams" all over the world, and numbers are not that important in a team i think, but in motorsports, number 1 has a meaning: "the champion". you may register the numbers as mini did "52" "39" when they enter a rally or set a trademark number as "VR46" but "no.1", i think should not be reserved.

Please, don't be so harsh on me.... You can call me whatever you 'd like, but please not NOT!!!! :) :) :)

i think he is mentioning me. but my english is not that strong :)

A FONDO
12th February 2013, 19:08

I dont say you replace him for the starting 11, you are the new guy in the team that substitutes in the middle of the second half when leading with 2 goals :D

Seriously man, how could I not kid you after such post, especially combined with your explosion after the first SSS (and hiding after that). :) Loeb may have zillions of records but statistics are for other things in life, in sport they are always more or less incomparable and misleading.

sp0+
13th February 2013, 05:55
I dont say you replace him for the starting 11, you are the new guy in the team that substitutes in the middle of the second half when leading with 2 goals :D

Seriously man, how could I not kid you after such post, especially combined with your explosion after the first SSS (and hiding after that). :) Loeb may have zillions of records but statistics are for other things in life, in sport they are always more or less incomparable and misleading.

Loeb made his only (and big) mistake in the qualifying stage, something that IMHO ruined the whole weekend for him....

Ogier was the clear winner, by far... And probably the next day....

I simply think that it is very funny that many rushed in blaming Loeb after a 2nd place in an event that was not even one of his favourites, and the recent history proves it...

Statistics don't tell the whole truth, butif you can read them, they always tell something....

And finaly, keep footbal away from the rallies.... :)

rayh_mx
13th February 2013, 06:42
And finaly, keep footbal away from the rallies.... :)

Agree +1 http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Transports/rally-026.gif

bluuford
13th February 2013, 08:09
Loeb made his only (and big) mistake in the qualifying stage, something that IMHO ruined the whole weekend for him....

His biggest mistake was on SS21. It was big miracle that his car was able to come back on the road. 99% of these cases you will not come back like this and you loose around 10minutes depends on how many and how professional spectators help you.

trifonvl
13th February 2013, 08:18
And finaly, keep footbal away from the rallies.... :) [/QUOTE]

+1000

Mintexmemory
13th February 2013, 08:41
I simply think that it is very funny that many rushed in blaming Loeb after a 2nd place in an event that was not even one of his favourites, and the recent history proves it...

Ahem... The Loeb-meister only went to Sweden because he expected to put another notch on his gun. The last thing he expected was Ogier to carry his qualifying form through the entire rally. I believe Loeb thought he could win the event no matter where he started and as such (what many people have been waiting ages to see) made a mis-calculation. The old analyses no longer hold good, VW are a wild card.

BTW If we keep football out of rallying where does that leave Paulo Nobre?

rayh_mx
13th February 2013, 15:04
Hirvonen, last year
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7047/6957731823_d9134f4c15_z.jpg

Mintexmemory
13th February 2013, 16:08
Hirvonen, last year
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7047/6957731823_d9134f4c15_z.jpg
Is it just me or does Mikko look like he's escaped from Roswell?

PLuto
14th February 2013, 00:30
Is it just me or does Mikko look like he's escaped from Roswell?

It looks like "Red Bull" is giving wings to wrong parts of his body :s mokin:

rayh_mx
14th February 2013, 06:27
Why drink and drive if you can smoke and fly.... :s mokin:

Bartolbia84
15th February 2013, 08:13
entry list???

rayh_mx
15th February 2013, 14:50
entry list???
Not Yey :mad:

Tom206wrc
15th February 2013, 19:57
I guess nobody will be in WRC3 in Mexico :s

Rasantes
15th February 2013, 21:53
Small video of the test that was carried out in France today Benito Guerra.

http://twitter.yfrog.com/nlequphoijrmuyxtynoenauez

harriswrc
18th February 2013, 16:11
Entrylist
http://www.rallymexico.com/files/rep/EntryListMx13.pdf

jbmarcus21
18th February 2013, 17:23
only 27crews in Rally Mexico ... it is poor.. but Ken Block & Atko returns :)
Wrc Rally Guanajuato México 2013 (http://planetemarcus.com/saison-wrc/mexique-2013/)

Mirek
18th February 2013, 19:15
Again nobody in WRC3. What a joke that championship is...

Kielder
18th February 2013, 19:24
Winners of the rally:

2004: Markko Märtin - Michael Park
2005: Petter Solberg - Phil Mills
2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012: Sébastien Loeb - Daniel Elena
2013: New winner... same given name ;) ?

Bartolbia84
18th February 2013, 20:30
Again nobody in WRC3. What a joke that championship is...

Surely there would be some starters in Portugal and Sardinia.

PLuto
18th February 2013, 20:46
Citroen Top Driver will save this championship...

MJW
18th February 2013, 20:47
First 3 events are very expensive rounds, many consider Portugal the start if the season.

Barreis
18th February 2013, 21:11
http://www.rallymexico.com/files/rep/EntryListMx13.pdf

Mirek
18th February 2013, 21:41
Surely there would be some starters in Portugal and Sardinia.

First 3 events are very expensive rounds, many consider Portugal the start if the season.

I know, everyone knows so why they are part of the championship? Of first two events there is one finished in WRC3. Nobody entered third. If that is not a total fail than what is?

PLuto
18th February 2013, 23:06
I know, everyone knows so why they are part of the championship? Of first two events there is one finished in WRC3. Nobody entered third. If that is not a total fail than what is?

Total fail should be if this only one finished participant should be the only one at the end of season. If there will be more than three competitors, it will be success for FIA :D

PLuto
18th February 2013, 23:06
But Citroën is pushing everywhere (especially to national dealers) to bring more DS3 R3T crews to their WRC project...

danon
19th February 2013, 00:10
A special treat for the top three guys... mind your pickems :D

http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/8160/csm7.jpg

Prisoner Monkeys
19th February 2013, 06:41
Because it gives drivers who have some budget the opportunity to score points - if they want to take it.

Mirek
19th February 2013, 12:50
Points only for money. Nice...

PLuto
19th February 2013, 13:31
WRC is about money, not about sport...

dupanton
19th February 2013, 18:05
I think you can be champion by finishing last in every round you selected, if you select them wise... And that can't be the goal of a championship, isn't it??

rayh_mx
19th February 2013, 23:38
Volkswagen, the official car of the Rally Guanajuato Mexico

Volkswagen, el auto oficial del Rally Guanajuato México - Rally News - Rally Guanajuato México 2013 (http://www.rallymexico.com/noticias/comenta/volkswagen-el-auto-oficial-del-rally-guanajuato-mexico) Spanish

Because of the confidence and durability showed in this type of ways, the organisation of the Rally Guanajuato Mexico again established an alliance with the company Volkswagen, same that will provide the Car 0, one new Pole

stefanvv
20th February 2013, 20:22
:D :
http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/734658329.jpg?key=870555&Expires=1361392805&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=oC%7E08BcotNrB-eZJhNb8iIU66RoV3p2SLvwaFn81yZn0B4-%7E6zQbZ%7Ea-sXuo8FXtCRLQlSemKacrck90H6jvOkJ841JInIsPRHlU9XAeGp iCmHBIWYpxQllp8HL2rha22SGHSD9CZ2Jy1dDfltlJR2RhZBm2 J6TAVZVrDQonOF0_

rayh_mx
21st February 2013, 16:55
Montecarlo
Total distance: 1,820.45 km
Stage distance: 468.42 km
Number of stages: 18
% SS: 25.73%

Sweden

Total distance: 1,589.78 km
Stage distance: 337.91 km
Number of stages: 22
% SS: 21.26%

México
Total distance: 1,026.30 km
Stage distance: 394.88km
Number of stages: 23
% SS: 38.48%

:s mokin:

Mintexmemory
21st February 2013, 17:25
PIckem is live in case people haven't noticed. Already people are ignoring the simple rules of form and statistics and voting with their hearts, just can't help some guys! I've learned my lesson after my miserable Sweden performance.

rayh_mx
21st February 2013, 23:48
BTW the name in the Pickem! Rally Guanajauto Mexico (http://www.motorsportforums.com/wrc/157222-pickem-rally-guanajauto-mexico.html) must be Guanajuato... almost well :p

Hartusvuori
22nd February 2013, 09:07
Already people are ignoring the simple rules of form and statistics and voting with their hearts, just can't help some guys! I've learned my lesson after my miserable Sweden performance.

How do you mean? Many pick Ogier as a winner which after what we've seen in MC and Sweden is more than possible. But there's the high altitude factor and Citroen has always worked well in Mexico, so many have picked Hirvonen as a winner. Not exactly illogical yet. And as there aren't five Finns on the entry I have to ponder my pickem a bit more. I go for all eight correct.

Mintexmemory
22nd February 2013, 09:30
How do you mean? Many pick Ogier as a winner which after what we've seen in MC and Sweden is more than possible. But there's the high altitude factor and Citroen has always worked well in Mexico, so many have picked Hirvonen as a winner. Not exactly illogical yet. And as there aren't five Finns on the entry I have to ponder my pickem a bit more. I go for all eight correct.
First basic rule - if Latvala doesn't crash he will beat Mikko
Second basic rule - The Germans have all the bases covered wherever, whenever. So in terms of Mexico they know their engine will perform at altitude and they have their tyre strategy optimised.
Third basic rule - The great thing about banging your head against the wall is that marvellous feeling the instant you stop. However, that didn't stop people predicting Petter would win throughout the whole 0f 2012

:D

Mintexmemory
22nd February 2013, 09:31
BTW the name in the Pickem! Rally Guanajauto Mexico (http://www.motorsportforums.com/wrc/157222-pickem-rally-guanajauto-mexico.html) must be Guanajuato... almost well :p

Many apologies - a 'late at night' typo - I will try to correct

Fixed that!

rayh_mx
25th February 2013, 04:42
http://www.caf.com.mx/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/RALLY_GTO2013-EntryList.pdf

Rally Gto 2013. Runs the last stages in the day at the event

Rallying UK
3rd March 2013, 01:07
RALLY MÉXICO: Who will win? Have you voted yet?: surveymonkey.com/s/GXKBRJ9 (http://t.co/2gB7RthQug)

rayh_mx
3rd March 2013, 21:36
Citroen @ poliforum Leon

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BEcxBO2CIAAFPbZ.jpg:large

rayh_mx
3rd March 2013, 21:40
Benito Guerra
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BEab3tWCQAABNmD.jpg:large

spiderem
5th March 2013, 01:09
it's a bit quiet on this page considering the rally starts in 2 days!
hope we will see some great action, with battles, drama, and not a dominating ogier...

Kielder
5th March 2013, 01:14
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BEjJYeUCcAA9ihR.jpg:large

bluuford
5th March 2013, 06:53
it's a bit quiet on this page considering the rally starts in 2 days!
hope we will see some great action, with battles, drama, and not a dominating ogier...

I am sure that VW is going to struggle a little with high altitude. They have done a few days of testing (including crash by Latvala) in Mexico compared to Ford and Citroen whose experience in high altitude events is much, much greater.

Jerra
5th March 2013, 08:30
I am sure that VW is going to struggle a little with high altitude. They have done a few days of testing (including crash by Latvala) in Mexico compared to Ford and Citroen whose experience in high altitude events is much, much greater.

Don't afraid for them, they have much more experience than others on high altitude conditions from Dakar. Argentina and Chile are much higher than Mexico which is around 1800-2800m ... Otherwise in Mexico winner is who hit less stones, not good event for heroes.

Mintexmemory
5th March 2013, 09:34
Don't afraid for them, they have much more experience than others on high altitude conditions from Dakar. Argentina and Chile are much higher than Mexico which is around 1800-2800m ... Otherwise in Mexico winner is who hit less stones, not good event for heroes.

...And of course although we've seen the pics of the week that VW were testing in Mexico we haven't seen the cammo'd 'muletta' that's been testing the engine for a month at some previous time. This is a German company, nothing is left to chance! They will know exactly how to optimise for altitude. My fear is they will be so quick that the rally is over after the first long stage!

Fast Eddie WRC
6th March 2013, 13:17
So who's going to win ?

For the first time since 2006 we can say with absolute certainty that it won’t be Sebastien Loeb. The Frenchman, who has won the last six WRC rounds in Mexico, hasn’t chosen this rally to be one of the four he will contest in his retirement year.

Which leaves us with 13 World Rally Car drivers all trying to fill the vacant position. You can read more about the entry list by clicking here (http://www.wrc.com/news/archive/mexico-entries-revealed/?fid=18314), but for now here are our tips for outright victory:

Going on past form, top of the list is Citroen's new team-leader Mikko Hirvonen, the man who finished runner up to Loeb on the two most recent rallies in Mexico. Hirvonen knows he has some big boots to fill, but is treating Loeb’s departure as the beginning of a new era. “I feel full of positive energy and I can’t wait to show everyone that I can win,” he has said. Well, now’s his chance.

Most likely, however, Hirvonen will face a tough challenge from the championship’s new sensation – the Volkswagen powered Sebastien Ogier.
Ogier has a good record in Mexico, winning the J-WRC class on his WRC debut in 2008, taking third in a Citroen C4 World Rally Car in 2010 and finishing eighth in a Skoda Fabia S2000 last year. Of course we don’t yet know how his new Polo R will fare on gravel, but as this is the surface on which most of the WRC rallies are staged, it’s fair to assume that Volkswagen is well prepared. Also, as a new manufacturer, Volkswagen is the only one to have benefitted from a test in Mexico last year.

Hirvonen’s Citroën Total Abu Dhabi team-mate Dani Sordo is also hungry for success. Starving, in fact. The Spaniard will make his 100th WRC start in Mexico and is still looking for that elusive first win. He says he wants to ‘put this right’. Perhaps the absence of Loeb will give him the extra push he needs?

At the wheel of Volkswagen’s second Polo R, Jari-Matti-Latvala is also in winning contention. With less seat-time than Ogier, Latvala is still playing catch-up as he settles in to the car, but if he can get the Polo handling to his satisfaction early enough he can be as fast as anybody.

Ford hopes are likely to ride with Mads Ostberg and Evgeny Novikov. Having secured a fifth and fourth place finish on his two previous visits to the Mexican event, Fiesta RS driver Mads Ostberg is eyeing a podium this week. Novikov meanwhile will have the advantage of his experienced co-driver Ilka Minor who won Rally Mexico alongside Manfred Stohl in 2009 when it was not a round of the WRC.

Finally, there’s former Subaru factory driver Chris Atkinson who will drive a Citroen DS3 as stand-in for absent Abu Dhabi Citroën Total WRT driver Khalid Al Qassimi. Atko was a stage winner in Mexico last year and, as he seeks a more permanent return to the series, he'll be out to prove his ability as a top-flight driver.

Rallyper
6th March 2013, 13:27
So who's going to win ?

For the first time since 2006 we can say with absolute certainty that it won’t be Sebastien Loeb. The Frenchman, who has won the last six WRC rounds in Mexico, hasn’t chosen this rally to be one of the four he will contest in his retirement year.

Which leaves us with 13 World Rally Car drivers all trying to fill the vacant position. You can read more about the entry list by clicking here (http://www.wrc.com/news/archive/mexico-entries-revealed/?fid=18314), but for now here are our tips for outright victory:

Going on past form, top of the list is Citroen's new team-leader Mikko Hirvonen, the man who finished runner up to Loeb on the two most recent rallies in Mexico. Hirvonen knows he has some big boots to fill, but is treating Loeb’s departure as the beginning of a new era. “I feel full of positive energy and I can’t wait to show everyone that I can win,” he has said. Well, now’s his chance.

Most likely, however, Hirvonen will face a tough challenge from the championship’s new sensation – the Volkswagen powered Sebastien Ogier.
Ogier has a good record in Mexico, winning the J-WRC class on his WRC debut in 2008, taking third in a Citroen C4 World Rally Car in 2010 and finishing eighth in a Skoda Fabia S2000 last year. Of course we don’t yet know how his new Polo R will fare on gravel, but as this is the surface on which most of the WRC rallies are staged, it’s fair to assume that Volkswagen is well prepared. Also, as a new manufacturer, Volkswagen is the only one to have benefitted from a test in Mexico last year.

Hirvonen’s Citroën Total Abu Dhabi team-mate Dani Sordo is also hungry for success. Starving, in fact. The Spaniard will make his 100th WRC start in Mexico and is still looking for that elusive first win. He says he wants to ‘put this right’. Perhaps the absence of Loeb will give him the extra push he needs?

At the wheel of Volkswagen’s second Polo R, Jari-Matti-Latvala is also in winning contention. With less seat-time than Ogier, Latvala is still playing catch-up as he settles in to the car, but if he can get the Polo handling to his satisfaction early enough he can be as fast as anybody.

Ford hopes are likely to ride with Mads Ostberg and Evgeny Novikov. Having secured a fifth and fourth place finish on his two previous visits to the Mexican event, Fiesta RS driver Mads Ostberg is eyeing a podium this week. Novikov meanwhile will have the advantage of his experienced co-driver Ilka Minor who won Rally Mexico alongside Manfred Stohl in 2009 when it was not a round of the WRC.

Finally, there’s former Subaru factory driver Chris Atkinson who will drive a Citroen DS3 as stand-in for absent Abu Dhabi Citroën Total WRT driver Khalid Al Qassimi. Atko was a stage winner in Mexico last year and, as he seeks a more permanent return to the series, he'll be out to prove his ability as a top-flight driver.

Nice article, but shouldn´t it be quotation marks around what you´re saying? If not you are a writer at wrc.com... Maybe you are after all...?

[WRCRR]
6th March 2013, 13:51
Maybe I'm a pessimist but I would be somewhat surprised is the end result is not 1-2 for Volkswagen...

Georgi
6th March 2013, 14:44
my thoughts:

Volkswagen is very strong team with probably the fastest alternative of Mr.Loeb. This team will be very sucsessful.
Citroen is not strong as before. Now they are more looking as Junior team despite the age of Mikko and Dani.
MSport has a good line-up and experience so they can be right after VW.

1. Ogier proved that he is mega fast. My bet for the win is on him. Remark: Don't know what to expect from VW on gravel as speed and reliability.

2. J-M L on another hand is not as fast as Ogier for the moment. I expect him to search for options to match the speed of Seb and make mistakes. We all know that he is fast but probably can't find the speed with the Polo so far. He will try to win here. He need a good result.
3. Mikko is in trouble (with his mental preparation) and I guess he will continue to struggle. I expect him to make mistakes as well. So far he is the biggest dissapointent.
4. Mads is stable for the moment and if the Fiesta is strong he can make Top 4 finish. He was very fast in Sweden but doesn't have impressive results in Mexico. He will struggle as well to make stage wins. Probably on the second passage we will be much closer to the top times.
5. Novikov is in very good form recently and has the speed to make fastest times. I think he is better than Mads but not so stable as championship contender. I expect good result from him this time.
6. Neuville showed great potential in the first two rounds and I guess he can do good job here as well. He was great in terms of speed and consistency at Sweden. I was impressed by him.
7. Atko can be in top 6 if he is in good shape and doesn't crash. First rally for him this season-probably will need some km to adapt.

If someone from the rest of the WRC drivers impress - well done!

Sprocket
6th March 2013, 17:42
Come on guys just look at my pickems for the answer!

Mikko wins - it is easy we have to account for the fact he binned the car in practice before the Monte and binned the car on the first day of Sweden. This must have had some bearing on his pace in less than normal conditions at both rallies. Mexico though he's back. Remember VW was not faster than Citroen in the Monte. It is not a done deal yet. We all know if Mikko is not a happy bunny he's rubbish at driving. He just needs to get focused and get on with it.

This time Ogier's old problem of falling off the road when leading will return. Watch out for the 'cocky' interview and then he bins it in the next stage. He always was blisteringly quick, doesn't really matter what car he has he is quick. His trouble is it is like an on/off switch. He can be a little too quick when out in the front and that can go two ways. He wins with a huge margin, he doesn't finish. He might pull it off for an entire rally, but for an entire season? Lets consider if Loeb hadn't visited a snow wall in Sweden and also had a rubbish practice day would we have seen an Ogier win, an Ogier settling for second best, or an Ogier retirement in Sweden???. All Mikko needs to do is keep up the pressure in Mexico for the whole rally from second place and he will very likely win.

JML is still finding the limits with the VW, he said so during Sweden, so:

So we have Mikko, JML, M Ostberg a respectable third and Al-Attiya being on the pace (which has been before in Mexico but got disqualified). That's my top 4.I'm probably totally wrong and you'll all be laughing at me in a few days time ;)

Mintexmemory
6th March 2013, 18:08
Come on guys just look at my pickems for the answer!

Mikko Bins it again- it is easy we have to account for the fact he binned the car in practice before the Monte and binned the car on the first day of Sweden. This must have had some bearing on his likelihood of binning it again in Mexico. Remember VW was not faster than Loeb in the Monte with JML only behind Mikko because of late check in penalties (and catching him at the time of the crash). It is not a done deal yet. We all know if Mikko is not a happy bunny (and he isn't) he's rubbish at driving. He just needs to get focused and get on with it.

This time Ogier's old problem of falling off the road when leading will return (Note: hopes are not facts!). Watch out for the 'cocky' interview and then he bins it in the next stage. He always was blisteringly quick, doesn't really matter what car he has he is quick (Except the VW is likely to be so quick he can drive within his limits). His trouble is it is like an on/off switch. He can be a little too quick when out in the front and that can go two ways. He wins with a huge margin, he doesn't finish. He might pull it off for an entire rally, but for an entire season? Lets consider if Loeb hadn't visited a snow wall in Sweden and also had a rubbish practice day (and what does that tell you about the previous Citroen supremacy) would we have seen an Ogier win, an Ogier settling for second best, or an Ogier retirement in Sweden???. All Mikko needs to do is keep up the pressure ( :rotflmao: :rotflmao :) in Mexico for the whole rally from second place and he will very likely win.

JML is still finding the limits with the VW, he said so during Sweden, so:

So we have JML improving to 2nd, M Ostberg a respectable third and Al-Attiya being on the pace (which has been before in Mexico but got disqualified). That's (the realistic) top 4.I'm probably totally wrong (me too!)and you'll all be laughing at me in a few days time ;)

There fixed that for you Sprocket ;)

Sprocket
6th March 2013, 18:40
There fixed that for you Sprocket ;)

:D

You must know it isn't easy being a Mikko fan ;) At least before a rally there is still hope!

Sprocket
6th March 2013, 19:23
Not seen it posted already, the Mexico Preview is up on www.wrc.com/video/ (http://www.wrc.com/video/)

oyunbozan
6th March 2013, 19:33
fact: ford never been better than citroen at high altitude. so hirvonen will beat any ford.
fact: jml haven't solve the setup issue; he will be inconsistent. i think we all have to give him a year or at least a half season to get it right everywhere.
fact: citoren and fords' rally mexico data cannot be compared with VW tests. it is huge. if you look at sweden, they did a great job but there is always an "if"..

Mintexmemory
6th March 2013, 20:16
fact: jml haven't solve the setup issue; he will be inconsistent. i think we all have to give him a year or at least a half season to get it right everywhere.

Sorry writing 'fact' doesn't make it so. JML had set up problems in the last 2 rallies - that is a fact. Will that continue on gravel ? Let's see

Rasantes
6th March 2013, 22:03
Benito Guerra livery. Photo by the spanish journalist Fernando Albes (@fernandoalbes)

http://i50.tinypic.com/ilg1ds.jpg

Sprocket
6th March 2013, 22:08
Sorry writing 'fact' doesn't make it so. JML had set up problems in the last 2 rallies - that is a fact. Will that continue on gravel ? Let's see

Of course it will continue on gravel JML always has set-up problems, the surface won't change anything!

I won't be disappointed whoever wins, It won't be Loeb and that is something however much I will miss him, will make a refreshing change in Mexico.

Winner since 2006, watching the preview Loeb himself was surprised at his run of 6 wins in Mexico.

If Ogier does continue to dominate in Mexico it will be awesome for VW. If not, we have a run of 6 gravel rallies for Mikko to find his mojo and keep Citroen in the fight. :D

Mintexmemory
6th March 2013, 22:23
Of course it will continue on gravel JML always has set-up problems, the surface won't change anything!

I won't be disappointed whoever wins, It won't be Loeb and that is something however much I will miss him, will make a refreshing change in Mexico.

Winner since 2006, watching the preview Loeb himself was surprised at his run of 6 wins in Mexico.

If Ogier does continue to dominate in Mexico it will be awesome for VW. If not, we have a run of 6 gravel rallies for Mikko to find his mojo and keep Citroen in the fight. :D

So have you posted your Pickem?

Sprocket
6th March 2013, 22:37
Yep post #23 on page 2 of the pickems.

My only reservation right now was not putting Guerra somewhere in the top eight. My son thinks that is an oversight not to have put in a local driver.

Kielder
7th March 2013, 01:50
Both Polos are ready to have gravel for breakfast:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BEtis6MCMAA7hd1.jpg:large

BTW, It was a long time since the last time I saw a photo which includes the photographer's finger. :p

Fri
7th March 2013, 06:01
few pics from the service park:
rallysport.hu - Rally GTO Mexico 2013 - szerviz (http://www.rallysport.hu/images/2013/photo/wrc/03_mexico/01_szerda/index.htm)

rage82
7th March 2013, 09:22
Last year we have the opportunity to watch the ss street stage live on the net. Is there any chance for live broadcasting this year?

andyone
7th March 2013, 10:00
Last year we have the opportunity to watch the ss street stage live on the net. Is there any chance for live broadcasting this year?
Good point there mate.

Kielder
7th March 2013, 10:19
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BEtkVYRCcAA8CoX.jpg:large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BEtjicoCMAAlZHT.jpg:large

A FONDO
7th March 2013, 10:33
What are these finansial services VW are advertising?

Mad cat jnr
7th March 2013, 10:41
The finance scheme when you buy a new car of them ;)

Kielder
7th March 2013, 10:57

http://www.tv4guanajuato.com/imagenes/2013/01_especiales/03_marzo_rally_2013.jpg

Yes, there is :) . You can see the above image on Guanajuato's TV Channel. They'll show it here: Ceremonia de Arranque - TV4 (http://tv4guanajuato.com/enlinea/)
This is the channel's press release: Comunicados - TV4 Guanajuato (http://www.tv4guanajuato.com/comunicados/Rally-Guanajuato-Mxico-2013-comu101.html)

Last year, it was broadcasted on Escudería Telmex (http://escuderiatelmex.com/)
This year, you can see there the below announcement too.

http://yfrog.com/scaled/landing/576/v3zfw.jpg

Fast Eddie WRC
7th March 2013, 11:32
On Tv at 7.40pm local time.. Thats late for us in Europe... :(

Kielder
7th March 2013, 11:34
On Tv at 7.40pm local time.. Thats late for us in Europe... :(

I forgot to write that the program will last from 7:40am to 9:00pm. So, it starts at 1:40am UK time.

Mad cat jnr
7th March 2013, 11:34
You a man or a mouse? ;)

Fast Eddie WRC
7th March 2013, 12:54
You a man or a mouse? ;)

Taking Fri pm off work to follow the rally so have to be in early...

rage82
7th March 2013, 13:48
It's really great that we could watch some stage from the rally live again. I must wake up at 3:40 am watch some rallying, take some sleep again and then go to work with a big smile on my face.

Mad cat jnr
7th March 2013, 14:10
It's really great that we could watch some stage from the rally live again. I must wake up at 3:40 am watch some rallying, take some sleep again and then go to work with a big smile on my face.

Thats my plan too.

Luckily I only work 7.30am untill 11.30am on a Friday so plenty of time to catch up on sleep after work ;)

Kielder
7th March 2013, 14:22
Free practice started 22 minutes ago. Meanwhile, somewhere in France...

http://img.lrytas.lt/show_foto/?id=425217&s=11&f=4

bluuford
7th March 2013, 14:24
Start list for the qualification stage: http://www.rallymexico.com/files/rep/5.1_Start_List_-_Qualifying_Stage.pdf
Start in around 2.5 hours

Kielder
7th March 2013, 14:36
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=k88O5zxEiM0

P.S. At least, he has to be careful when driving on liaison roads :rolleyes: .

Mintexmemory
7th March 2013, 14:36
Volkswagen says it has developed a detailed engine map for Mexico that limits loss of performance without endangering the stability of the turbocharger.

The above quote is from the story on wrc.com about VW's altitude preparation. This confirms everything I suggested (and more) has been done. :)
Ladies and Gents. - the game has just changed!

bluuford
7th March 2013, 14:44
Too not take PR talk too seriously. When they do not prepare special map for Mexico, then they are going to destroy their engines on Day1

Mirek
7th March 2013, 14:49
There are also other issues there. Namely fuel pressure (or under-pressure in the fuel tank), engine or brake cooling etc.

Kielder
7th March 2013, 14:51
Ostberg fastest so far on free practice: 4.12.1

Mintexmemory
7th March 2013, 14:54
So do Citroen and M-Sport have altitude chambers at their facilities?

Mirek
7th March 2013, 15:03
At least they have plenty of experience. Despite that remember M-Sport fiasco from maybe 2009 (I don't remember exactly) or exclusion of Nasser caused by the fuel tank under-pressure (better to say the cheat was used to prevent the problem). When Škoda was first time there it also went bad. Hänninen had some minor issues with fuel pressure but thanks to new fuel tank he finished. Kruuda with older spec private car was not so lucky and his fuel pump stuck sucking vapor of boiled fuel.

Kielder
7th March 2013, 15:11
Provisional times from free practice:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BEw2VaCCQAAbn83.jpg:large

Block during free practice:

http://distilleryimage4.instagram.com/0493db8a873711e2a3eb22000a1fbdaa_7.jpg

Mintexmemory
7th March 2013, 15:13
At least they have plenty of experience. Despite that remember M-Sport fiasco from maybe 2009 (I don't remember exactly) or exclusion of Nasser caused by the fuel tank under-pressure (better to say the cheat was used to prevent the problem). When Škoda was first time there it also went bad. Hänninen had some minor issues with fuel pressure but thanks to new fuel tank he finished. Kruuda with older spec private car was not so lucky and his fuel pump stuck sucking vapor of boiled fuel.

So Mirek would you expect that VW wil have addressed the fuel issues?

Mirek
7th March 2013, 15:21
I don't know. At least they were sure warned so I guess they tried to be prepared :)

Sprocket
7th March 2013, 15:48

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BEw2VaCCQAAbn83.jpg:large

Block during free practice:

http://distilleryimage4.instagram.com/0493db8a873711e2a3eb22000a1fbdaa_7.jpg

Do you have a link for the site with the results?

dimviii
7th March 2013, 15:51
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BEw8sSNCcAAH4JY.jpg:large

makinen_fan
7th March 2013, 15:53
From Citroen twitter. If correct that a hell of a difference from Ogier.

Free practice 2: 1 Ogier 4:02.7 - 2@MikkoWRC (http://twitter.com/MikkoWRC) 05.7 - 3 @ChrisAtko (http://twitter.com/ChrisAtko) & Latvala 07.4 - 5 @DaniSordo (http://twitter.com/DaniSordo) 07.9…@BenitoGuerra (http://twitter.com/BenitoGuerra) 18.1 #WRC (http://twitter.com/search?q=%23WRC)

Kielder
7th March 2013, 15:58
Do you have a link for the site with the results?

No, I haven't. I took the images from Twitter accounts. :)

Sprocket
7th March 2013, 16:21
No, I haven't. I took the images from Twitter accounts. :)

Ah thanks for posting!

Qualifying times should be shown here for those who want to follow them:

WRC - Rally Mexico - Positions, Information, Videos and Photos live from the Rally Mexico | Best of Rally Live by Michelin | (http://en.best-of-rallylive.com/Evenements/Rally-Mexico-2013/Rally-Mexico)

First car I think runs in about an hour at 17:23 UK time

Sprocket
7th March 2013, 17:32
NO update from the link I posted, but Ogier through qualifying with 4:01.1 on hard tyres. Ford and Citroen on Softs.

Sprocket
7th March 2013, 17:43
Updates coming through now,

Mikko fastest so far in qualifying 3.2 ahead of Ostberg, Ogier currently in 3rd +3.9 to Mikko :D

Let the fun begin!

A FONDO
7th March 2013, 17:57
Hirvonen
DS3 WRC
3’57’2

Novikov
Fiesta WRC
3’57’9

Ostberg
Fiesta WRC
4’00’4

Neuville
Fiesta WRC
4’00’4

Ogier
Polo R WRC
4’01’1

Sordo
DS3 WRC
4’01’2

Latvala
Polo R WRC
4’01’5

Guerra
DS3 WRC
4’09’4

Prokop
Fiesta WRC
4’12’2

Kosciuszko
Mini WRC
4’14’2

rallye-vid
7th March 2013, 18:04
http://i45.tinypic.com/2agjde0.jpg

Sprocket
7th March 2013, 18:11
What was the logic of VW running hard tyres in a 6.27 km qualifying stage? Looks like a mistake to me!

Rasantes
7th March 2013, 18:43
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/226898_460378220696767_481501598_n.jpg

dimviii
7th March 2013, 19:27
http://www.forum-rallye.com/uploads/monthly_03_2013/post-904-0-11537100-1362684365.jpg

dimviii
7th March 2013, 19:28
http://www.forum-rallye.com/uploads/monthly_03_2013/post-904-0-36756700-1362684671.jpg

Humber
7th March 2013, 20:01
Is the starting gap between the cars enough to allow the dust to dissipate between them or will there still be bad dust hanging in the air in sheltered sections ?

pantealex
7th March 2013, 20:04
At shakedown gap between cars was 3min, is it enough for longer stages?

oyunbozan
7th March 2013, 20:06
What was the logic of VW running hard tyres in a 6.27 km qualifying stage? Looks like a mistake to me!

saving a set of softs for the future may be...

Sprocket
7th March 2013, 20:26
saving a set of softs for the future may be...

Yeah maybe, seems to be a high cost to pay though in Mexico where sweeping is so important. From WRC.Com

Hirvonen:

“It was a good clear drive, so I just need to try to do that on all the stages,”said Hirvonen. “Everything worked perfectly. I was maybe a little surprised that some people went on a hard tyre but for us it worked fine so I’m happy with my tyre choice.”

And Latvala:

“Soft would have been the best option,” he said. “Looking at what qualifying means for the weekend, was it clever to have run hard compound or not? I don’t know but it’s too late, we’ve done it now.”

Just seems like a bizarre choice to me. I would of thought for the longer days and stages they would want the hard tyres more than a spare set of softs, so they last longer. For the short qualifier go with softs for the grip and to hell with the wear, it can be made up by road position on the first full day. I wonder if Ogier will comment on the choice.

stefanvv
7th March 2013, 20:35
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3zj3YIO9HE

ZoomanSP206
7th March 2013, 21:03

Where did you find the info sheet with the times from free practice?

dimviii
7th March 2013, 21:18
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8091/8536689917_ec089d8c25_b.jpghttp://farm9.static.flickr.com/8104/8536692165_a9ff94850d_b.jpg

WRC Rallye du Mexique 2013 - Classement, Info, Vidéos et Photo en direct du Rallye du Mexique| Best of Rally Live by MICHELIN | Rallye WRC en direct (http://www.best-of-rallylive.com/)

Fast Eddie WRC
7th March 2013, 21:19
2013 World Rally Championship leader Sébastien Ogier says he's unhappy with his Qualifying performance for Rally Mexico in which he finished fifth overall in his Polo R WRC.

Ogier will start from ninth on the road: Qualifying winner Mikko Hirvonen, who had first pick of starting positions, chose thirteenth to start in his Citroën DS3 WRC.

Ogier says the hard tyres he selected were the wrong choice, and running first through the stage was probably not an advantage:

“I am not happy with that qualifying. We had the disadvantage of having to open the stage."

"We took the safe choice with the hard tyre compound. What we didn’t expect was that there would be quite such a big difference between the hard and the soft."

"Qualifying is very important here at the Rally Mexico, in order to give yourself a good choice of starting position. We still have that."

"Our goal is to finish the rally and get a good result. Compared to our rivals, we will have an extra set of fresh tyres to use on the special stages.”

VW teammate Jari-Matti Latvala finished seventh fastest, and will start from seventh position:

“Obviously the soft tyres have produced the better times in qualifying, while we opted for the harder compound."

"At first glance, starting from seventh does not look ideal. However, we will have to wait and see how the rally pans out – it could ultimately be an advantage to have more hard tyres left. After all, the number of tyres is restricted to 28."

"Our priority remains to use our first gravel rally to close the gap on our rivals in terms of experience with the Polo. We can only do that if we complete the full distance."

"As there are a lot of stones and rocks lurking on the stages of the Rally Mexico, we concentrated hard on documenting these perils very precisely in our pace notes during our preparations. We feel well prepared and are looking forward to the spectacular start in Guanajuato’s old town.”

COD
7th March 2013, 21:22

They are confident they can beat the weak opposition despite starting order when they have a set more of softs.

dimviii
7th March 2013, 21:23
. I wonder if Ogier will comment on the choice.

“It probably wasn’t the ideal choice for this stage. We’ll see whether it was a good idea or not to tyre to look after my allocation of hard and soft tyres for the rest of the weekend,” observed Sébastien Ogier (5th) who seemed a little jumpy :D after qualifying.

Sprocket
7th March 2013, 21:34
I'm thinking maybe from what is being said here and from the driver quotes, they thought they would take qualifying on hard, then run more of the SS on softs?? It's the only logic I can see to it.

That backfired then.

True Mikko had better start position for qualifying, more reason then for VW to go with soft not hard, but now Mikko is just where he needs to be. Looking on WRC.com (http://www.wrc.com/news/no-shocks-in-leg-1-start-order/?fid=18338) he has is smile back, happy Mikko = fast Mikko :D

Fast Eddie WRC
7th March 2013, 21:35
From Mr Block, something to enjoy while we wait for SS1... :)

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8229/8533486652_df6d872568_z.jpg

Fri
7th March 2013, 21:41
Shakedown & QS pics:
rallysport.hu - Rally GTO Mexico 2013 - shakedown (http://www.rallysport.hu/images/2013/photo/wrc/03_mexico/02_shakedown/index.htm)

Fast Eddie WRC
7th March 2013, 21:49
Thats some idea of how rough the stages will be ! :eek:

http://www.rallysport.hu/images/2013/photo/wrc/03_mexico/02_shakedown/images/RSHU_Photo_002_jpg.jpg

Kielder
7th March 2013, 22:10
http://www.autopista.es/media/cache/original/upload/images/imagegallery/imagegallery-39600-513904590cecd.jpg
http://www.autopista.es/media/cache/original/upload/images/imagegallery/imagegallery-39600-5139045928990.jpg
http://www.autopista.es/media/cache/original/upload/images/imagegallery/imagegallery-39600-5139045cb5b38.jpg

oyunbozan
7th March 2013, 22:55
http://youtu.be/isrYgwz9JVY
they used the last photo posted here as cover :)

MAXLD
8th March 2013, 00:55
Interesting shakedown, this one is going to be interesting to follow Live...

- Will Ogier provide a good performance with the Polo on this type of surface and road position?
- Starting later than Ogier, can the young Ford and Citroen drivers take the advantage? Will they be able to handle the pressure (and stay on the road) if Ogier eventually starts to pull ballistic times? They will have Ogier's splits by the time they start, and during the stage...
- Can Hirvonen finally deliver a win or a podium...? He'll be in deep trouble if he doesn't... with that road position he has to provide at least a considerable amount of stage wins.

Let's see if we get a proper old fashioned full throttle fight. Sainz has plenty of experience in that department, he surely can give some advice to Ogier on how to drive under those conditions (Resumen Rally Portugal 1998 Canal + - YouTube (http://youtu.be/D92ZUxsFdfk?t=36m42s)).

Kielder
8th March 2013, 00:57
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BEychGJCYAA4zhF.jpg:large
http://sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/577907_513703398686801_14499730_n.jpg
http://sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/295625_513702865353521_263628775_n.jpg

they used the last photo posted here as cover :)

Spot the difference... :)

Kielder
8th March 2013, 01:42
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BEzFRKdCIAAcDM8.jpg:large

Here we come!

rage82
8th March 2013, 01:49
I'm already tuned in anybody else here?

satukata
8th March 2013, 01:59
how many minutes till 1st SS

rage82
8th March 2013, 02:03
they are starting already
edit: THE FIRst car is due on start in 4 minutes

PLuto
8th March 2013, 02:04
I am here too. And results will be here - Rally Guanajuato Mexico 2013 - Results - Rally-Base (http://rally-base.com/2013/rally-guanajuato-mexico-2013/) :)

satukata
8th March 2013, 02:06
SS1 LIVESTREAM WRC-Rally México 2013 (http://escuderiatelmex.com/rallymexico/)

PLuto
8th March 2013, 02:08
Live video from SS 1 - Ceremonia de Arranque - TV4 (http://www.tv4guanajuato.com/enlinea/)

Sprocket
8th March 2013, 02:39
Here too and enjoying the coverage.

Kielder
8th March 2013, 03:00
I'm not a big fan of this kind of stages, but I'm awake at 4am and I'll always be to see a stage live. Congratulations to TV4 Guanajuato :) . Greetings to Red Bull TV :rolleyes: .

Jordib
8th March 2013, 03:11
I'm not a big fan of this kind of stages, but I'm awake at 4am and I'll always be to see a stage live. Congratulations to TV4 Guanajuato :) . Greetings to Red Bull TV :rolleyes: .

+1

At least local broadcasters are delivering live images, now it's 2 from 3 rallyes with live stages, and seems that will be good news from Argentina also. Hope for many other events doing the same. They are making the work for RBMH.

Kielder
8th March 2013, 03:16
+1

At least local broadcasters are delivering live images, now it's 2 from 3 rallyes with live stages, and seems that will be good news from Argentina also. Hope for many other events doing the same. They are making the work for RBMH.

We can expect several live stages from RTP too (at least two each day). They have been doing amazing broadcastings from the Rally de Portugal since the 80's.

rage82
8th March 2013, 03:20
So Ogier is leading so far ( not a big surprise after two short tarmac stages ) and everybody else is very close. Hope for a great battle tomorrow, can't wait until 15:23 h for the first stage. Now 2 hours of sleep before going to work!

Sprocket
8th March 2013, 03:30
See you all tomorrow, I can get some sleep now I know Mikko did not lose too much time in SS1 and SS2 to Ogier! All very close at the top, I can't wait either for the battle ahead!

Jafry
8th March 2013, 06:18
http://www.rally-mania.cz/fotogalerie/2013/1128/1128_rally_guanajuato_mexico_2013_070d4c0261.jpg

http://www.rally-mania.cz/fotogalerie/2013/1128/1128_rally_guanajuato_mexico_2013_a0f8bc4ae5.jpg

http://www.rally-mania.cz/fotogalerie/2013/1128/1128_rally_guanajuato_mexico_2013_fff92931f4.jpg

http://www.rally-mania.cz/fotogalerie/2013/1128/1128_rally_guanajuato_mexico_2013_fa66ec3358.jpg

More photos from Mexiko HERE (http://www.rally-mania.cz/photogallery.php?id=1128)

Kielder
8th March 2013, 10:22
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6CH2apjtu8

Kielder
8th March 2013, 10:45
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8373/8538994946_a3d7960678_b.jpg
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8107/8538105243_76914f623a_b.jpg
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8227/8538106183_33e7b8274b_b.jpg

Kielder
8th March 2013, 12:06
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrsQNcZgwuw&feature=player_embedded#!

Kielder
8th March 2013, 12:29
Wow...

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/537706_426595934090775_451068741_n.jpg

spyros
8th March 2013, 13:00
what's the time diff with mexico?

bluuford
8th March 2013, 13:04
Start is in 20 minutes.. 8 hours with Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Finland, Bulgaria, etc. 7 hours with central Europe, and 6 hours with GB, Portugal

darkstar
8th March 2013, 13:07
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=U1wPWwMp5l0

Mintexmemory
8th March 2013, 13:19
About 500 years if we are talking Aztec civilisation!

bjalverud
8th March 2013, 13:30
No live radio ?

Mintexmemory
8th March 2013, 13:31
1st split up woo hoo!!!

Tom206wrc
8th March 2013, 13:32
What ??? Problems with split times again ???? :mad:

andyone
8th March 2013, 13:35
Radio is live.. no splits for prokop.

EightGear
8th March 2013, 13:38
Kosciuszko with a misfire, that car really is just ****.

Sprocket
Guerra flying in SS3!

Mintexmemory
Splits working now and Guerra looking to meet his target

Mintexmemory
8th March 2013, 13:40
Kosciuszko with a misfire, that car really is just ****.

Going to be plain embarrassing when Kubica catches him in Portugal

andyone
8th March 2013, 13:42
B guera no split 3..

bluuford
8th March 2013, 13:44
Good to have such a fast driver from the other continent.. 8 seconds faster than Prokop on his first proper stage. I hope he gets his sponsorship :-)

Tom206wrc
8th March 2013, 13:46
Now Atkinson is flying ;)

Rally Talent
8th March 2013, 13:46
Based on splits there seems to be a lot of cleaning to do...

Sprocket
8th March 2013, 13:47

Was about to post the same thought.

Mintexmemory
8th March 2013, 13:48
6 cars ought to be enough cleaning for JML ;)

EightGear

Yes, if that really is a big factor then Hirvonen is in a very good position compared to Ogier.

Rally Talent
I'm sure ATKO's going to go fast this time.

Tom206wrc
8th March 2013, 13:49
Sordo really fast on split one :)

Rally Talent
8th March 2013, 13:49
The final perfect chance for Hirvonen to shine?? Now - do not screw things up, Mikko :eek:

Rallisauna
8th March 2013, 13:50
JML has stopped on the stage

Tom206wrc
8th March 2013, 13:51
Finally Al Attiyah fastest so far :eek:

andyone
8th March 2013, 13:51
atkinson has a damadged bumper on ss3 hmm..

andyone
8th March 2013, 13:52
haha no wayy you didnt get me there

huh. its True.. damn

Rally Talent
8th March 2013, 13:53

I wonder if it's just for the fun of it or due to a problem???

Sprocket
No splits for Latvala, no car at end of stage

[WRCRR]
Any info what was Latvala's problem?

darkstar
only no splits or what is going on with latvala?

Rally Talent
8th March 2013, 13:54
Nice run by Al Attiyah

Rallyper
8th March 2013, 13:55
I wonder if it's just for the fun of it or due to a problem???

Of course he had to stop and look at the nice views... :dozey:

MikeD
8th March 2013, 13:56
Citroën Racing confirms that Latvala has stopped in the stage. (I presume via Atkinson)

Sprocket
Ogier about 9 seconds faster at split 2 than anyone else!

Miika
FFS. Game, set and everything.

Rallisauna
JML drove to a stone 500m after the SS start and it's game over... again. Damn.

Sprocket
Latvala hit rock, broken wishbone, from Rally Radio

MikeD
Latvala hit a rock again again again...Hmmm I think JML's rally carrer is getting close to the end. He simply doesn't have what it takes to be at this level. He's has way too many DNF's and when he doesn't DNF, he's just not fast enough.

Rallyper
This is just...........

EightGear
Latvala hit a rock and broke a wishbone. My God, pleaseeee Jari..

Dug83
8th March 2013, 13:57
Hit rock

Mintexmemory
Sad about JML but lot's of time if he can get going (unlikely though :( )
Look at Ogier's split!!!

Rallyper
Latvala hit a rock again again again...Hmmm I think JML's rally carrer is getting close to the end. He simply doesn't have what it takes to be at this level. He's has way too many DNF's and when he doesn't DNF, he's just not fast enough.

Please, wait and see before we make any judgements,

Jerra
Maybe will be interesting today's elevation datas (start, max, finish)

El Cubilete: 1898, 2447, 2300m
Las Minas: 2534, 2557, 2138m
Los Mexicanos: 2188, 2507, 2469m
El Chocolate: 2025, 2599, 2180m

Georgi
8th March 2013, 13:58
Crazy performance by JML... I can't believe he crashed :(
Big dissapointment !

Tom206wrc
8th March 2013, 13:59
Östberg really fast too ;)

WRC3
JML ... I set him 1st on my pickems ...

Georgi
JML crashed some meters from the start of the stage...

Rallyper
Well, that´s not the first time rocks had suddenly popped up in front of JML´s car. Was it Mexico before as well??

tommeke_B
8th March 2013, 14:01
Well, that´s not the first time rocks had suddenly popped up in front of JML´s car. Was it Mexico before as well??
Bad rocks! They just cross the road without asking! Solberg had some issues with them too last year...

MikeD
8th March 2013, 14:03
Please, wait and see before we make any judgements,

Nah...it's the same every year with him.

Tom206wrc
News about Hirvonen first splits :confused:

stefanvv

Yes, the same for him in Mexico last year

Rallyper
8th March 2013, 14:04
Bad rocks! They just cross the road without asking! Solberg had some issues with them too last year...

yeah, but seriously, they can be thrown as well. I was wondering, didn´t it happen to JML a couple of times before?

rallye-vid
8th March 2013, 14:04
So.. Next year VW: Ogier & Mikkelsen + 3th car Wiegand

JML maybe at Hyundai

Mintexmemory
8th March 2013, 14:05
OK so Seb O faster than Ostberg and Sordo not in the same ball park - No pressure Mikko!

[WRCRR]
I really don't think Latvala can cope with the pressure anymore - with Mikkelsen in third car starting from Portugal the pressure is going to mount even more...

I think the main problem during his whole career has been the mental side...

Georgi
Very good time by Ostberg. He complained from oversteering so he can improve.
Mads did great job to lose just 5 seconds from the best driver in rallying right now!

Sprocket
8th March 2013, 14:06
No splits for Neuville, now none for Mikko?

hari
8th March 2013, 14:07
Splits again just a big mess :mad:

Tom206wrc
Damn Hirvonen really slower than Ogier :( but it's only first real stage of the rally...

Sprocket
Mikko 8 seconds down on Ogier at split 2

EightGear
8th March 2013, 14:08
Novikov stopped.

Sprocket
Novikov stopped

MikeD
Novikov stopped ... dammit!

Sprocket
snap

Mintexmemory
8th March 2013, 14:09
Mmm prime position and already8 seconds down at halfway for Mikko - looks like he just doesn't know what's required!

Georgi
8th March 2013, 14:10
I think we will see some WRC 2 drivers in top 8... What a rally!!!

Sprocket
8th March 2013, 14:10
Mmm prime position and already8 seconds down at halfway for Mikko - looks like he just doesn't know what's required!

Not at all, he's playing the long game

rallye-vid
8th March 2013, 14:11
Who's the next one? Neuville? :(

Juha_Koo
8th March 2013, 14:12
Oh for f*cks sake... Jyrkkä ei rallille.