PDA

View Full Version : Less than one week to go for Pickems Sweden !!!!!

Mintexmemory
31st January 2013, 10:57
Healthy entry already after the enormous Monte participation.
Some people still don't get it despite my good advice - pick Hirvonen ahead of JML and the VW 'No 2' won't be in the top 8. However I see no reason to believe the top 4 won't be some mix of Loeb, Ostberg, Latvala and Hirvonen. Hanninen, Sordo, Ogier and Novikov should make up the rest of the top 8 and might upset the top 4 places. (Damn, I've just talked myself out of my initial selection - back to the drawing board!)
Those with a mis-placed hope for Ketomaa I only have this to say - D-Macks!
Of course the snow melting might change everything so I can understand there will be a lot of last minute entries -JUST DON'T LEAVE IT TOO LATE

Mark
31st January 2013, 11:19
Remember there's no need to leave your entry to the last minute if you can't decide. Make your picks now, and if you change your mind, just make them again and your latest picks will be the ones used.

pantealex
31st January 2013, 12:32
ERC Latvia will tell us something about D-Macks

Mintexmemory
31st January 2013, 12:53
ERC Latvia will tell us something about D-Macks

More than MC told us? ;) The team that had just perfected its snow tyre just as the roads turned to icy gravel. ;)

EightGear
31st January 2013, 13:48
Healthy entry already after the enormous Monte participation.
Some people still don't get it despite my good advice - pick Hirvonen ahead of JML and the VW 'No 2' won't be in the top 8.

Sweden is an exception now JML is not used to the Polo.

Mintexmemory
31st January 2013, 14:26
Sweden is an exception now JML is not used to the Polo.

Sound reasoning 8G, BUT JML wasn't used to the Polo on the Monte and was still quicker than 'very used to the DS3' Mikko - without the 30 sec penalty JML was ahead on stage times and might just have relaxed enough not to throw it into the scenery (got to love those Swedish snow banks, use them right and it's just like slot car racing !)

Rallyper
31st January 2013, 19:20
Now it´s about swedish studs, not ordinary Mr Smith studs like in MC.... That´will be the very difference. Having said that doesn´t mean D-Mack will work properly, but it might be less diff.

danon
31st January 2013, 23:19
Sweden 2013 Winner - Jari Matti Latvala

http://pix.crash.net/motorsport/360/PAPHOTO4_385561.jpg

Mintexmemory
31st January 2013, 23:38
Sweden 2013 Winner - Jari Matti Latvala

http://pix.crash.net/motorsport/360/PAPHOTO4_385561.jpg

Well he is my personal favourite but there is so much to take account of, I have a sneaky feeling it could be Mads year if the snow doesn't disappear

rayh_mx
1st February 2013, 00:26
I sent mi first prediction... wish me luck

Saint Peter Solberg... pray for me :p

danon
1st February 2013, 00:32
... but there is so much to take account of...

latvala determined to master snow and ice (http://www.crash.net/world+rally/news/187618/2/latvala_determined_to_master_snow_and_ice.html)

spiderem
1st February 2013, 03:58
loeb has finished 6th in 2011 and 2012...
As we say in french "jamais 2 sans 3"
Good luck everybody!

pantealex
1st February 2013, 12:38
More than MC told us? ;) The team that had just perfected its snow tyre just as the roads turned to icy gravel. ;)

almost 50% of us pick D-Mack (Ketomaa) to win ERC Latvia. Tyre is same that Sweden tyre.

Quite many have Prokop in their Sweden list and he is also on D-Macks, but not faster than Ketomaa

Mintexmemory
1st February 2013, 14:02
almost 50% of us pick D-Mack (Ketomaa) to win ERC Latvia. Tyre is same that Sweden tyre.

Quite many have Prokop in their Sweden list and he is also on D-Macks, but not faster than Ketomaa

In which case I shall wait until a) We see how JK performs (and in what road conditions) this weekend and b) What the forecast is for the Swedish on Wednesday night.
Looks like a number of guys will be doing a last minute Pickem adjustment!
Good point though if you pick Prokop then you must also have JK ahead of him (Unless you believe he will throw it into the scenery like last year!)

As a Finn what is your opinion of Hanninen v Ketomaa?

pantealex
1st February 2013, 20:09
As a Finn what is your opinion of Hanninen v Ketomaa?

My opinion is that Hänninen is faster driver than Ketomaa

My opinion speedwise: Latvala, Hänninen, Hirvonen, Nikara and Ketomaa (if all have same car and tyres)

dimviii
1st February 2013, 22:12
Depents on which car.With an grN or r4 car i would choice Nikara for faster.

Volvo in Motorsport
1st February 2013, 22:49
I think that the Swede Pontus Tidemand is going to be a fast driver this year. And i also hope that a Swede can be in the top 5 again!! :)

Mintexmemory
4th February 2013, 16:28
Well 107 entries and clearly lots of entrants hanging on for the weather until Wednesday (PLEASE Note the cut off time).

Mikko is the popular choice to win 39/107 so far with Loeb and JML tied in 2nd spot with 23 picks each, then Mads with 17, Ogier with 4 and 1 brave soul going for Juho!
Everyone that has picked Mikko to win has also picked Loeb and JML to finish in the top 8 behind him. Now, I've already explained how this is a wasted pick for JML - it's doubly so if you put Loeb behind Mikko. The last time Mikko won with both JML and SL in the top 8 was NZ 2011 (and that was only because of team orders). You have to go back to Sweden 2011 (2 whole years) to get the last time Mikko actually beat Loeb and Latvala while they were classified in the top 8.
Clearly Mikko's Sweden record of 2 previous wins combined with the other 2 times winner,Latvala still learning his car convinces a lot of people. I think many are underestimating Mads successive 2nd places in Sweden and now as a full works tested driver he could go one better. I'm going to re-post on Wednesday eve because I keep re-making the case for several different possible results!

So anyone who has picked Al Attiyah will have Matthew Wilson assigned as that choice (no one so far as I know!)

Anyone wishing to select Matthew Wilson ( :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh::laugh :) in their Pickem please choose Al Attiyah from the drop down menu.

danon
4th February 2013, 22:43
I had a dream last night ~ Prokop win Sweden, Latvala second... and I woke up soaking wet :tweetie:

pucky54
4th February 2013, 22:50
I had a dream last night ~ Prokop win Sweden, Latvala second... and I woke up soaking wet :tweetie:

Sounds more like a nightmare ;)

Mintexmemory
5th February 2013, 10:09

Actually you should have been dry but very cold as hell had just frozen over!!

GigiGalliNo1
5th February 2013, 12:26
How can I change my Pickems? My last two driver in the entry are not competing in Sweden anymore! Should I just repost?

pantealex
5th February 2013, 12:52
How can I change my Pickems? My last two driver in the entry are not competing in Sweden anymore! Should I just repost?

Yes, just make new entry.

Mintexmemory
5th February 2013, 15:36
Yes, just make new entry.

Thanks for giving the answer :)

PLEASE NOTE :

As Pluto has done for ERC, I will be awarding a small prize to the 2013 WRC Pickem winner:- A large (i.e significantly bigger than postcard size) framable signed original photo of a current top WRC crew from my private collection.