PDA

View Full Version : Rally Acropolis

Pages : [1] 2 3

MartijnS
25th January 2013, 15:21
Rallyguide 1 just been released.

No action on thursday, everything in 3 days.
Starting friday morning with Shakedown + Qualifying.

Stage 1 and 2, friday afternoon and night: 18.28 and 21.26.
8 stages on Saturday and 4 on Sunday.

http://www.acropolisrally.gr/userfiles/CMSFiles/2013/race/RG1-2013.pdf

Rallyper
25th January 2013, 16:18
It seems friday and sunday are using same parts of stages. More compact route this year.

jbmarcus21
25th January 2013, 17:34
road program .. Wrc Acropolis Rally of Greece 2013 (http://planetemarcus.com/saison-wrc/grece-acropole-2013/)

dimviii
25th January 2013, 17:38
So who will come from forum?

hari
25th January 2013, 17:48

Looking forward to my third Rally Acropolis :)

tommeke_B
25th January 2013, 18:08
Quite poor rally-route compared to last year... Looks like it's crisis in the organisation of the rally too. :(

makinen_fan
25th January 2013, 18:08
I am also thinking of giving it a go this year. I wanted to come for some years now but could not make it!

tommeke_B
25th January 2013, 18:20
I would like to come to Greece for quite a few years already, but it's always during exams. :( Mmmmaybe next year it will fit in my calendar and I'll be there, and then we should meet there. ;)

stefanvv
25th January 2013, 18:41
I might come this year :) It is sooo close to me, if I have the chance, would miss it.

BTW why there are 2 threads?

dimviii
25th January 2013, 18:46
I would like to come to Greece for quite a few years already, but it's always during exams. :( Mmmmaybe next year it will fit in my calendar and I'll be there, and then we should meet there. ;)

Dont forget to bring MY beers!! :p

Allyc85
25th January 2013, 19:00
:( Sad to see a great event like this cut back, makes me very glad that I went last year.

Still im sure the stages for this year will be great and worth the trip for anyone visiting.

Rallyper
25th January 2013, 20:14

Remembering last years very nice trip and meeting with friends at Waves, going to a couple of stages together I really recommend you guys to visit Loutraki. For me I´m sorry to say it doesn´t look like a visit this year. I promise though I will be back one day to the lovely country and event.

dimviii
25th January 2013, 20:40
Remembering last years very nice trip and meeting with friends at Waves, going to a couple of stages together I really recommend you guys to visit Loutraki. For me I´m sorry to say it doesn´t look like a visit this year. I promise though I will be back one day to the lovely country and event.

this year if some forumers want, we can have a meet too at Waves.I will try to bring NOT too :D

stefanvv
25th January 2013, 20:54
this year if some forumers want, we can have a meet too at Waves.I will try to bring NOT too :D

:D Well, well, well. What he might say about VW in Monte Carlo? Sick dogs :D I don't think so

MrJan
25th January 2013, 21:25
:( Sad to see a great event like this cut back, makes me very glad that I went last year.

Yeah right! Including QS and Shakedown there are 16 stages this year, last year we managed 13 (at least those of us that put the effort in on Ziria did) and we could have seen at least one more as we skipped the Power Stage.

Would recommend Ziria to anyone that's going, the views from the section just after what was the stage start last year is absolutely fantastic. Shame that Thiva isn't on the cards though, there are some great spots in that stage. I suppose that the more compact route will make things much easier for those that don't like putting in the effort and miles to get around, there was one day where we went from Thiva to another stage to Bauxites, back to Thiva and then down to Klenia-Mycenae to camp ready for the next day that was a bit of a struggle, we must have spent about 8 hours sat in the car that day.

Mirek
26th January 2013, 00:59
I want to come this year.

J4MIE
26th January 2013, 04:02
Thinking about taking my dad this year as its been a long time since he was at a 'warm' event. Reading the route today has come as quite a big disappointment though :( Losing a whole day makes a big difference to the trip for me. They are still good stages, so we'll see.

Prisoner Monkeys
26th January 2013, 05:27
Compact rallies aren't necessarily bad things - as Sebasiten Ogier proved in Jordan in 2011, when he won by 0.2 seconds.

That said, perhaps the actual that are being used for this year's Acropolis could be better.

amilk
26th January 2013, 08:53
For me dissapointing even I'm big fan of Acropolis. I miss the classic stages around Itea and the Friday action very short from spectator point of view (and in dark) and to much stages around Loutraki same stages since years. Maybe I will skip it and go to Sardinia instead.

tigerlily
26th January 2013, 11:22
Hi all

Sorry I don't post here much but I'll try to go to Acropolis this year too.
I went there 2011 and 2012. I love there. This year, to be honest I'm a bit disappointed to the stages.
Seems not exciting compared with previous years.
Yes very short for Friday... But Acropolis still must be great. I hope!

dimviii
26th January 2013, 15:56
Guys i understant the dissapointment but it was impossible to be 3 full days with current economic situation.
Be sure that even with 2,5 days spectators will have plenty to see and enjoy at Greek landscape.
Friday night stage is cracker and must see by everyone true rally fan.Last year as i was on the road to night stage i said quietly to myself that ''ok its a night stage i go to watch it,cause i am not going to loose any day stage'' After some hours,i understant that i was so wrong!Night stage was magic,but i am afraid i can t describe the feeling.

tolis
26th January 2013, 16:06
Guys i understant the dissapointment but it was impossible to be 3 full days with current economic situation.
Be sure that even with 2,5 days spectators will have plenty to see and enjoy at Greek landscape.
Friday night stage is cracker and must see by everyone true rally fan.Last year as i was on the road to night stage i said quietly to myself that ''ok its a night stage i go to watch it,cause i am not going to loose any day stage'' After some hours,i understant that i was so wrong!Night stage was magic,but i am afraid i can t describe the feeling.
You mean 2 years ago! :D Indeed, the atmosphere in the night stage was fantastic!

dimviii
26th January 2013, 16:08
yes you are right Tolis was 2 years ago.

MrJan
26th January 2013, 18:42

Fair enough. Although to me it's made the difference between thinking of going (which pretty much means I would have gone) to definitely not going. You lose a day and a half so for me it's not worth the effort of travelling and making do with the limited run....especially as I'm not a huge fan of watching at night stages (although I do think that every rally should have a group of stages in the dark).

Instead I'll spend my money on going to watch something at Spa.

Rallyper
27th January 2013, 01:33
Fair enough. Although to me it's made the difference between thinking of going (which pretty much means I would have gone) to definitely not going. You lose a day and a half so for me it's not worth the effort of travelling and making do with the limited run....especially as I'm not a huge fan of watching at night stages (although I do think that every rally should have a group of stages in the dark).

Instead I'll spend my money on going to watch something at Spa.

Why not just relax one day more at Loutraki for a change and as a bonus. It´s a very nice place to visit and stay at as you might know?

Bartolbia84
27th January 2013, 08:36
I don't think it is just a problem of cost and organization. Rally in Sardinia and Finland will be in 2 full days of competition, either Acropolis, Sardinia and stan Finland following the same organizational format, more compact race, we count that is a period for two events (Greece and Italy); where temperatures are extremely high and you can't run from 10 to 18 as in the rest of the seasons.
I agree that it is exhausting, but with good organization can follow various races per day, and then the night and something exciting, fabulous.
I hope to be able to be seen .... I love the dirt paths of the Acropolis.

MrJan
27th January 2013, 12:10
Why not just relax one day more at Loutraki for a change and as a bonus. It´s a very nice place to visit and stay at as you might know?

No such thing as relaxing when you try to do an event as cheaply as I do :D Last year we camped by the stages and only managed to have a shower on the Sunday, not exactly the best way to have a relaxing day. Like I said, it's not worth it for me this year and I'll get more from spending the money on going to other motorsport stuff instead.

stefanvv
27th January 2013, 15:20
...only managed to have a shower on the Sunday...

btw that's not the cheapest way :D , you can get a bath each day, completely free, it's only it will be salty :D

dimviii
27th January 2013, 16:33
At Loutraki beach there are showers at the beach for free.Next time you will watch Acropolis very clean. :D

stefanvv
27th January 2013, 16:46
BTW in Bulgarian this could be play of words, we use "salty" also for "expensive" prises :)

dimviii
27th January 2013, 16:59
BTW in Bulgarian this could be play of words, we use "salty" also for "expensive" prises :)

same at Greece.

MrJan
27th January 2013, 19:24
btw that's not the cheapest way :D , you can get a bath each day, completely free, it's only it will be salty :D

We used the big salty bath and then the showers on Loutraki beach, we had to wait until the Sunday because the schedule was so tight when watching/travelling between stages during the rest of the rally :D

tolis
29th January 2013, 21:39
OK, so we have 4 months till the start of the rally. Let's have a look to the possible entries, although it's too early.

Citroen DS3 WRC

Hirvonen
Sordo
Al Qassimi ?
Guerra ?

Ford Fiesta WRC
Ostberg
Novikov
Neuville
Prokop
Tamrazov
Al-Attiyah

Volkswagen Polo WRC

Ogier
J M Latvala
Mikkelsen

Mini John Cooper Works WRC

Kosciuszko
Nikara ?

Ford Fiesta RRC

Al-Kuwari
Al-Rajhi
Rasheed

Ford Fiesta R5

Wilson ?
Evans ?

Skoda Fabia S2000

Al-Ketbi
Lappi ?
Wiegand ?
Kruuda ?

Mini John Cooper Works S2000 1.6T

Gorban ?
Kikireshko ?

Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X

Fuchs
Vallario ?
Villanueva ?
Trivino ?

Subaru Impreza WRX STi

Kremer ?
Ligato ?
Bertelli ?

bluuford
30th January 2013, 12:31
It is more likely Ford for Kruuda. Either R5 or S2000. If he comes.

MikeDeHigh
5th February 2013, 02:19
For sure we are going again. Greeces dust is one of the best ;-)

Check the video, post 4 http://www.motorsportforums.com/wrc/112617-video-thread-79.html

Or on mikedehigh.com (pics and video]

Enjoy and hope to see you there ;-)

tolis
12th February 2013, 19:31
An Acropolis Rally dessert anyone? :)

http://hostthenpost.org/uploads/c01361c1d5326fbb8a45cf3ec60a974f.jpg (http://hostthenpost.org)

Simorally86
17th March 2013, 13:22
Hi everybody! For the first time i'll be in Greece for Acropolis Rally! Where i can found some good place to see the race? like jumps or nice wiew section roads for nice shots?
Especially on day 2, my plan is to see 4 stages, Klenia and Ziria...have any good advices?
Thanks guys ;)

tolis
17th March 2013, 21:43
Possible Entries-Update

Citroen DS3 WRC

Hirvonen
Sordo
Al Qassimi ?
Guerra ?

Ford Fiesta WRC
Ostberg
Novikov
Neuville
Prokop
Tamrazov
Al-Attiyah
Hanninen ?

Volkswagen Polo WRC

Ogier
J M Latvala
Mikkelsen

Kosciuszko

Ford Fiesta RRC

Al-Kuwari
Al-Rajhi
Rasheed
Aksa
Bertolin ?
Evans ?
Kruuda ?

Citroen DS3 RRC

Kubica

Skoda Fabia S2000

Al-Ketbi
Kondrakhin ?
Lappi ?
Wiegand ?

Gorban
Kikireshko
Torcero ?

Mitsubishi Lancer Evo

Fuchs
J-C Alonso
Hudec ?
Vallario ?
Villanueva ?
Trivino ?

Subaru Impreza WRX STi

Ligato
Kremer ?
Bertelli ?
Smailov ?

Skoda Fabia R2

Honda ?
Kasparek ?

Ford Fiesta R2

Parn
Tidemand
Koci
Amberg
Suarez
Bostanci
Burri
Nieminen
Aasen
Lemes
Cook ?

Duvel
18th March 2013, 19:05
Hello all, i am new to this forum, although i have been reading here for a little while now.

Last year we did our first ever WRC gravel event when we went to rally Sardenga wich was already awsome!
This year we can not go te Sardenga, so we have chosen to go and see what the Acropolis rally is like.
I hope that even in this shorter version, wil be also very spectacular.

As this is our first time going to Greece we would also like some nice points to watch the rally. Are there some classic "must see" spots for firsttimers like us?

Is it true that you need a 4x4 car to reach the specials? I've allready rented a Suzuki Vitara (or was it the even smaller Jimny?), so no worries for that, just wanted to know.

MartijnS
18th March 2013, 22:59
No need to hire a 4x4.

Allyc85
19th March 2013, 20:07
We had a Volvo S40 and that coped with everything we threw at it...

Bill_
25th March 2013, 15:39
Where i can found some good place to see the race? like jumps or nice wiew section roads for nice shots?
Especially on day 2, my plan is to see 4 stages, Klenia and Ziria...have any good advices?

Regarding Klenia, the uphill section after Aghios Vasilios village is one of the best spots. There is a tight left hairpin right next to the village and a couple of uphill hairpins where you can see the cars for many seconds. Be careful though if you plan to leave for Ziria, since you may have to leave your car quite far away.

Ziria is a magnificent stage.The first uphill part of the stage is very interesting with lots of good places to spectate in a beautiful landscape. As the stage unfolds you will find a very fast section where the cars hit full speed but I don't think you can combine this part with Klenia, as there is no easy access. Last, you can choose some of the hairpins close to last year's access no 2 in the slight downhill section.

Simorally86
26th March 2013, 11:47
Regarding Klenia, the uphill section after Aghios Vasilios village is one of the best spots. There is a tight left hairpin right next to the village and a couple of uphill hairpins where you can see the cars for many seconds. Be careful though if you plan to leave for Ziria, since you may have to leave your car quite far away.

Ziria is a magnificent stage.The first uphill part of the stage is very interesting with lots of good places to spectate in a beautiful landscape. As the stage unfolds you will find a very fast section where the cars hit full speed but I don't think you can combine this part with Klenia, as there is no easy access. Last, you can choose some of the hairpins close to last year's access no 2 in the slight downhill section.

Thanks so much Bill ;) I found an onboard video about Klenia stage, i understood what you mean! How long do you think is the trip from Aghios village to the first part of Ziria stage? Google maps says around 1 hour time....

Bill_
26th March 2013, 18:55
How long do you think is the trip from Aghios village to the first part of Ziria stage? Google maps says around 1 hour time....

Maybe more than an hour. And you will also have to walk to a good spot if you go to the start of the stage. I suggest you choose an access at the second half of the stage unless you decide to miss Klenia 2.

Simorally86
27th March 2013, 17:15
Maybe more than an hour. And you will also have to walk to a good spot if you go to the start of the stage. I suggest you choose an access at the second half of the stage unless you decide to miss Klenia 2.

Yes, i saw that it's almost one hour and half...i found an access 3km from the start, from the map looks like 3/4 hairpin...i found a video on youtube, that i think it's about that place...but i can't post it here :( Morover i saw two other access, one in the middle, close to Ziria village, and an other one 3km to the finish...anyone has ever been there?

Fly_Half
2nd April 2013, 11:07
We had planned to do Acropolis this year, however flights from the UK to Athens during the Rally are stupidly expensive. The cheapest I could find was £290 return with Easyjet!

J4MIE
3rd April 2013, 02:14
Same as above, had planned to go with my dad but the expensive flights and day missing are meaning we are skipping it. Maybe next year.

dimviii
3rd April 2013, 20:34
We had planned to do Acropolis this year, however flights from the UK to Athens during the Rally are stupidly expensive. The cheapest I could find was £290 return with Easyjet!

MartijnS for Sardinia 300 euros too.

MartijnS
3rd April 2013, 20:41
But thats flights and hotel ;)
Flight 170 to Sardinia.

290 pounds is expensive! From Amsterdam we pay 200 euro to Athens at the rallydates.
But we're not going to Acropolis this year, so I'm not going to pay it anyway ;)

dimviii
3rd April 2013, 20:46
But thats flights and hotel ;)
Flight 170 to Sardinia.

290 pounds is expensive! From Amsterdam we pay 200 euro to Athens at the rallydates.
But we're not going to Acropolis this year, so I'm not going to pay it anyway ;)

aha,so yes its expensive from Uk!

Fly_Half
3rd April 2013, 23:32
okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

A stunning second post, welcome to the forum. I look forward to further such insight from you.

290 pounds is expensive!

It certainly is, considering it's double what I paid for flights, car hire and accommodation in Sweden earlier this year! Doesn't help that the event falls in the UK school holidays which no doubt puts the price of the flights up considerably.

Nevermind, Catalunya is on the list instead!

MartijnS
4th April 2013, 10:49
Thats cheap for Sweden!
Catalunya is good :)

Simorally86
4th April 2013, 15:14
From Milan, two weeks ago, i payed 110€ return! Very cheap..especially for that reason that i chose to go to Acropolis this year! ;)

tigerlily
15th April 2013, 17:05
Hey guys! I envy you. For me, the flight cost about 1000€. There isn't a direct flight to Athens from Japan and more than 20 hours trip. But I'll go there. For Asians watching WRC event is a little bit tough ;)

SubaruNorway
16th April 2013, 23:15
Looks like you could make 7-8 stages plus shakedown after a quick look, that's not bad. 200€ plane ticket from Norway.

Anyone i know who are going?

Micke_VOC
17th April 2013, 23:37
Looks like you could make 7-8 stages plus shakedown after a quick look, that's not bad. 200€ plane ticket from Norway.

Anyone i know who are going?

I am going...

traxx
18th April 2013, 08:07
Any idea about mobile offer for data use during the rally, please ?

tigerlily
20th April 2013, 06:39
Any idea about mobile offer for data use during the rally, please ?

Last year I bought a prepaid SIM at Vodafone shop in the center of Loutraki.
5€ for SIM card itself and another 5€ for 500MB: total 10€

Bartolbia84
20th April 2013, 11:22
Aksa-Arena - Fiesta RRC (WRC-2)

Simorally86
21st April 2013, 17:44
Any idea about possible entry list? How many WRC cars are expected?

tolis
21st April 2013, 20:29
12!

Bartolbia84
22nd April 2013, 08:10
12!

1) Mikko
2) Sordo
3) Khalid Al Qassimi
4) Neuville
5) Novikov
6) Prokop
7) Ostberg
8) Al Attiyad
9) Mikkelsen
10) Ogier
11) Latvala
12) Kosciuszko

J.Lindstroem
22nd April 2013, 10:06
So we can't expect some other privateer drivers? Hänninen? Andersson?

Bartolbia84
22nd April 2013, 11:51
So we can't expect some other privateer drivers? Hänninen? Andersson?

PG and Tidemand will start in Sardinia with the Fiesta WRC.
I don't know there was talk of war, but it seems that he may opt for Sardinia.
Maybe another Fiesta WRC QMWRT team, there may be (Hanninen).
But this year Anathoulassis will run the race?

makinen_fan
24th April 2013, 16:01
Rallu Guide 2 is released and available for download
http://www.acropolisrally.gr/GR/2013/competitors-2013/rally-guide-2-2013/

amilk
25th April 2013, 07:28
Maybe our friends from Greece can help to understand this articel (something about 2014) thanks

« (http://www.skai.gr/news/auto/article/230402/to-rali-akropolis-tha-vrisketai-sto-kaladari-tis-fia-kai-to-2014-/)

amilk
25th April 2013, 07:48
Maybe our friends from Greece can help to understand this articel (something about 2014) thanks

« (http://www.skai.gr/news/auto/article/230402/to-rali-akropolis-tha-vrisketai-sto-kaladari-tis-fia-kai-to-2014-/)

tolis
25th April 2013, 14:23
It's almost sure that the Acropolis Rally will be in the calendar next year. According to the greek delegates, FIA wants the rally to stay in the calendar. No agreement yet!
However, next year the WRC will have 12 rounds!

tolis
27th April 2013, 14:18
Possible entries-Update

Citroen DS3 WRC

Hirvonen
Sordo
Al Qassimi

Ford Fiesta WRC

Ostberg
Novikov
Neuville
Prokop
Tamrazov
Al-Attiyah
Hanninen ?

Volkswagen Polo WRC

Ogier
J M Latvala
Mikkelsen

Kosciuszko

Ford Fiesta RRC

Al-Kuwari
Rasheed
Aksa
Protasov
PG Andersson (Fiesta S2000)
Evans ?
Kruuda ?

Citroen DS3 RRC

Kubica

Skoda Fabia S2000

Al-Ketbi
Kondrakhin
Lappi ?
Wiegand ?

Gorban
Kikireshko
Torcero ?

Mitsubishi Lancer Evo

Fuchs
J-C Alonso
Dominguez
Vallario ?
Villanueva ?
Trivino ?

Subaru Impreza WRX STi

Ligato
Bertelli
Kremer ?
Smailov ?

Skoda Fabia R2

Honda ?
Kasparek ?

Ford Fiesta R2

Parn
Tidemand
Koci
Amberg
Suarez
Bostanci
Burri
Nieminen
Aasen
Lemes
Cook ?

Ford Fiesta ST

"Ro-Ni"

Vazheyievskiy

Kielder
2nd May 2013, 14:40
Edited message: Only 12 WRC on the event:

2 – Citroën Total Abu Dhabi WRT – Mikko Hirvonen (FIN) / Jarmo Lehtinen (FIN)
3 – Citroën Total Abu Dhabi WRT – Daniel Sordo (ESP) / Carlos Del Barrio (ESP)
4 – Qatar M-Sport WRT – Mads Østberg (NOR) / Jonas Andersson (SWE)
5 – Qatar M-Sport WRT – Evgeny Novikov (RUS) / Ilka Minor (AUT)
6 – Qatar World Rally Team – Nasser Al-Attiyah (QAT) / Giovanni Bernacchini (ITA)

7 – Volkswagen Motorsport – Jari-Matti Latvala (FIN) / Miikka Anttila (FIN)
8 – Volkswagen Motorsport – Sébastien Ogier (FRA) / Julien Ingrassia (FRA)
9 – Volkswagen Motorsport II – Andreas Mikkelsen (NOR) / Mikko Markkula (FIN)
10 – Abu Dhabi Citroën Total WRT – Khalid Al Qassimi (ARE) / Scott Martin (GBR)
12 – Lotos Team WRC – Michal Kosciuszko (POL) / Maciej Szczepaniak (POL)
11 – Qatar World Rally Team – Thierry Neuville (BEL) / Nicolas Gilsoul (BEL)
21 – Jipocar Czech National Team – Martin Prokop (CZE) / Michal Ernst (CZE)

amilk
2nd May 2013, 14:51
Entry list if published: http://www.acropolisrally.gr/userfiles/CMSFiles/2012/Race/ENTRY-LIST-2012-n.pdf

this is from last year

Kielder
2nd May 2013, 15:06
this is from last year

Sorry, I saw this piece of news (Notícias (http://www.rallydeportugal.pt/content.aspx?menuid=2&eid=639&bl=1)) and posted that link without seeing. I've already edited the message.

pantealex
2nd May 2013, 15:17
Edited message: Only 12 WRC on the event:

2 – Citroën Total Abu Dhabi WRT – Mikko Hirvonen (FIN) / Jarmo Lehtinen (FIN)
3 – Citroën Total Abu Dhabi WRT – Daniel Sordo (ESP) / Carlos Del Barrio (ESP)
4 – Qatar M-Sport WRT – Mads Østberg (NOR) / Jonas Andersson (SWE)
5 – Qatar M-Sport WRT – Evgeny Novikov (RUS) / Ilka Minor (AUT)
6 – Qatar World Rally Team – Nasser Al-Attiyah (QAT) / Giovanni Bernacchini (ITA)

7 – Volkswagen Motorsport – Jari-Matti Latvala (FIN) / Miikka Anttila (FIN)
8 – Volkswagen Motorsport – Sébastien Ogier (FRA) / Julien Ingrassia (FRA)
9 – Volkswagen Motorsport II – Andreas Mikkelsen (NOR) / Mikko Markkula (FIN)
10 – Abu Dhabi Citroën Total WRT – Khalid Al Qassimi (ARE) / Scott Martin (GBR)
12 – Lotos Team WRC – Michal Kosciuszko (POL) / Maciej Szczepaniak (POL)
11 – Qatar World Rally Team – Thierry Neuville (BEL) / Nicolas Gilsoul (BEL)
21 – Jipocar Czech National Team – Martin Prokop (CZE) / Michal Ernst (CZE)

Those are drivers for "manu points"
Are you sure that there are not more WRC cars?

Kielder
2nd May 2013, 15:24
Those are drivers for "manu points"
Are you sure that there are not more WRC cars?

On the Portuguese website it's written "WRC drivers", so I thought there won't be any WRC else. I see now that on the FIA's press release it is written "manufacturer entries" (WRC - Acropolis Rally: Entry list | Federation Internationale de l'Automobile (http://www.fia.com/wrc-acropolis-rally-entry-list)).

tolis
2nd May 2013, 15:35
I am waiting one more WRC. Either for Tamrazov or for PG!

Motorsportfun
3rd May 2013, 12:21
But shouldn't PG start with Tamrazov's car?

Bartolbia84
3rd May 2013, 12:56
But shouldn't PG start with Tamrazov's car?

Tamrazov start in ERC...Tour de Corse (Fiesta S2000)

tolis
3rd May 2013, 15:23
Tamrazov's team will come with 2 cars. One WRC and one S2000.
@Bartolbia: Tamrazov will drive in Tour de Corse 2 weeks before Acropolis Rally.

Here is the last update. The organisers are waiting FIA's accept before they announce them. They'll probably be announced on Monday.
Citroen DS3 WRC

Hirvonen
Sordo
Al Qassimi

Ford Fiesta WRC
Ostberg
Novikov
Neuville
Prokop
Tamrazov
Al-Attiyah

Volkswagen Polo WRC

Ogier
J M Latvala
Mikkelsen

Kosciuszko

Ford Fiesta RRC

Al-Kuwari
Rasheed
Aksa
Protasov
Kruuda
PG Andersson (Fiesta S2000)
Evans ?

Citroen DS3 RRC

Kubica

Skoda Fabia S2000

Al-Ketbi
Kondrakhin
Lappi ?
Wiegand ?

Gorban
Kikireshko

Mitsubishi Lancer Evo

Fuchs
J-C Alonso
Dominguez
Weiss
Athanassoulas ?
Vallario ?
Villanueva ?
Trivino ?

Subaru Impreza WRX STi

Ligato
Bertelli
Linari
Zounis
Konstantakos
Kremer ?
Smailov ?

Skoda Fabia R2

Honda ?
Kasparek ?

Ford Fiesta R2

Parn
Tidemand
Koci
Amberg
Suarez
Bostanci
Burri
Nieminen
Aasen
Lemes

Ford Fiesta ST

"Ro-Ni"

Vazheyevskiy

Kaltsounis ?
Pavlides ?

Bartolbia84
3rd May 2013, 15:31
kruuda told me he hopes to be at the start of Finland, unfortunately very little money and sponsors this season.

Counts that the Acropolis, the Ralliart Trophy with 4-5 Mitsu EVO X managed by Mario Stagni.

Add Brynildssen to the list should do the Acropolis.

Great list anyway

tolis
3rd May 2013, 17:29
Athanassoulas confirmed his participation in Acropolis Rally. More news on Monday!

GINE
3rd May 2013, 22:13
Athanassoulas confirmed his participation in Acropolis Rally. More news on Monday!

It is not confirmed yet. Still lacking part of the budget

dimviii
4th May 2013, 11:12
It is not confirmed yet. Still lacking part of the budget

what car Lambros?

GINE
4th May 2013, 12:45
what car lambros?

n4 evo x

Mirek
4th May 2013, 21:45
Fingers crossed ;)

SubaruNorway
5th May 2013, 13:53
kruuda told me he hopes to be at the start of Finland, unfortunately very little money and sponsors this season.

Counts that the Acropolis, the Ralliart Trophy with 4-5 Mitsu EVO X managed by Mario Stagni.

Add Brynildssen to the list should do the Acropolis.

According to this press release posted two days ago Brynildsen will wait until the R5 Fiesta is ready and then at least do Finland and Germany. France, Spain and Wales also if the two first ones goes well.
Hovedside - Eyvind Brynildsen (http://www.eyvindbrynildsen.no/cat/494.aspx/205Great)

Bartolbia84
6th May 2013, 18:39
50 crew start!

https://www.facebook.com/acropolisrally?hc_location=stream

Kielder
6th May 2013, 19:43
50 crew start!

49 + Pozzo in a M-Sport's Ford again :) .

Bartolbia84
6th May 2013, 20:13
49 + Pozzo in a M-Sport's Ford again :) .

That program would take Pozzo, other races over Acropolis?

Kielder
6th May 2013, 20:20
That program would take Pozzo, other races over Acropolis?

It isn't known. His participation in Greece was published on the Argentinian press. I can only add that he will be number 24 :p .

tolis
6th May 2013, 21:39
Why 24 and not 23 that he used in Argentina?

Kielder
6th May 2013, 22:05
Why 24 and not 23 that he used in Argentina?

I don't know either. This is the link to the piece of news: Gabriel Pozzo correrá el Rally de Grecia (http://mundod.lavoz.com.ar/motores/gabriel-pozzo-correra-el-rally-de-grecia). It doesn't say anything else.

tolis
7th May 2013, 13:44
Entry list will be announced today in 2 hours and 17 minutes!

tolis
7th May 2013, 16:00
http://www.acropolisrally.gr/GR/2013/event-2013/entry-list-2013/

pantealex
7th May 2013, 17:28
Summary:
13 x WRC (3 Citroen 6 Ford 3 VW 1 MINI)
17 x WRC-2 (10 S2000/RRC and 7 N)
0 x WRC-3
10 x JWRC
10 x Privaters (7 N 4wd and 3 FWD)
=50 (7 Greek 43 Foreign)

Mirek
7th May 2013, 18:05
Summary:
13 x WRC (3 Citroen 6 Ford 3 VW 1 MINI)
17 x WRC-2 (10 S2000/RRC and 7 N)
0 x WRC-3
10 x JWRC
10 x Privaters (7 N 4wd and 3 FWD)
=50 (7 Greek 43 Foreign)

What a great championship this year...

tommeke_B
7th May 2013, 18:09
What a great championship this year...
Be honest. Would you make the choice to drive Greece, the roughest event of the calendar, with a car suitable for WRC3?

Barreis
7th May 2013, 18:44
Poor c2 s1600, corsa s1600 won't finish anyway...

Mirek
7th May 2013, 19:01
Be honest. Would you make the choice to drive Greece, the roughest event of the calendar, with a car suitable for WRC3?

We keep hearing same excuses every event since the season started. So far the WRC3 was a total joke with the only exception being Portugal but just because of Citroën Trophy. The whole concept is wrong since the very start as we discussed already before the season started. After 5 events done we can be sure about that.

Mirek
7th May 2013, 19:02
Poor c2 s1600, corsa s1600 won't finish anyway...

Both drivers are there just for fun (both rich and rather old businessmen , especially Kaltsounis is over 70 years of age I think).

Barreis
7th May 2013, 19:04
It's still nice to hear s1600 engine scream... Didn't hear it for years.

tolis
7th May 2013, 20:15
Both drivers are there just for fun (both rich and rather old businessmen , especially Kaltsounis is over 70 years of age I think).
He is 65 years old.

dimviii
8th May 2013, 12:36
stage accesses for spectators
Acropolis Rally 2013 - Spectators - Google Earth (http://www.acropolisrally.gr/EN/2013/spectators-2013/google-earth-2013/)

Prisoner Monkeys
9th May 2013, 08:45
We keep hearing same excuses every event since the season started. So far the WRC3 was a total joke with the only exception being Portugal but just because of Citroën Trophy. The whole concept is wrong since the very start as we discussed already before the season started. After 5 events done we can be sure about that.
And yet, the concept has worked for the WRC-2.

As you have pointed out, Portugal is the only event that has really been considered a success for the WRC-3. But look at the events that have been run so far: Monte Carlo, which was one of the most unique and challenging events in motorsport; Sweden, the only snow event of the season; and Mexico and Argentina, which are well outside Europe. And now we have Greece, one of the roughest and toughest rallies in the world (even if it is in a sprint fomat). If you were driving in this entry-level championship with a limited budget, would you be willing to take part in events that are among the most difficult or far away on the calendar?

Drivers in the WRC-3 can nominate to score points in six events, with their best five results counting to their championship position. With the tight budgets in mind, the following six events are probably going to be the most popular: Portugal, Sardinia, Finland, Germany, France and Catalunya. They're the six I'd nominate to run in.

Kielder
15th May 2013, 00:07
Finally, Pozzo won't be in Greece: Finalmente, Gabriel Pozzo no correrá el Rally de Grecia (http://mundod.lavoz.com.ar/motores/finalmente-gabriel-pozzo-no-correra-el-rally-de-grecia) :(
So, only 12 WRC, the manu drivers.

15th May 2013, 06:29
Up phụ bạn hiền. rảnh phụ mình chữ ký nha. thanks

Mirek
15th May 2013, 08:15

As you have pointed out, Portugal is the only event that has really been considered a success for the WRC-3. But look at the events that have been run so far: Monte Carlo, which was one of the most unique and challenging events in motorsport; Sweden, the only snow event of the season; and Mexico and Argentina, which are well outside Europe. And now we have Greece, one of the roughest and toughest rallies in the world (even if it is in a sprint fomat). If you were driving in this entry-level championship with a limited budget, would you be willing to take part in events that are among the most difficult or far away on the calendar?

Drivers in the WRC-3 can nominate to score points in six events, with their best five results counting to their championship position. With the tight budgets in mind, the following six events are probably going to be the most popular: Portugal, Sardinia, Finland, Germany, France and Catalunya. They're the six I'd nominate to run in.

You don't need to be genius to work this out prior the creation of this rule, do You? What else did we discussed at the end of last year? The conclusion was absolutely same as result - nobody will go there and if, than his results will ruin sporting qualities of the championship because he will take points against no opposition. Nothing changed about that. Everything goes as bad as expected. Excuses are good for nothing. WRC2 is irrelevant, WRC3 is different championship and it's concept must be changed to keep some value.

Prisoner Monkeys
15th May 2013, 10:29
But that's the beauty of it - it's strategic.

On the one hand, if there is a reduced number of entries, a driver can take the risk and enter in the hopes of getting a good result. The trade-off is that the driver has to venture through unfamiliar conditions, so that good result is not guaranteed.

At the same time, the drivers are allowed to nominate six events in which they wish to score points, with their best five counting towards their championship position. So they get an extra event in hand; they can take the risk and enter one of those unfamiliar events, and if it all goes badly, then it won't hurt their championship bid - but it does put more pressure on them in the other events that they enter. Especially when other drivers take a conservative choice of rallies, and also have that extra event in hand.

The problem with your argument is that you are assuming the WRC-3 championship has failed simply because drivers are unwilling to take the risk and have instead made conservative choices in their events. You are presenting it as an inherent problem in the structure of the championship, when it is not the case.

Mirek
15th May 2013, 11:32
But that's the beauty of it - it's strategic.

It's neither a beauty nor a strategic thing, it's plain stupid.

On the one hand, if there is a reduced number of entries, a driver can take the risk and enter in the hopes of getting a good result. The trade-off is that the driver has to venture through unfamiliar conditions, so that good result is not guaranteed.

Competing no opponents in feeder series doesn't help anyone.

At the same time, the drivers are allowed to nominate six events in which they wish to score points, with their best five counting towards their championship position. So they get an extra event in hand; they can take the risk and enter one of those unfamiliar events, and if it all goes badly, then it won't hurt their championship bid - but it does put more pressure on them in the other events that they enter. Especially when other drivers take a conservative choice of rallies, and also have that extra event in hand.

Giving points for any 5 of 13 events it's ridiculous idea itself. And no, they don't nominate anything. They just enter events they want. Nobody knows where others would start, nominations doesn't exist.

The problem with your argument is that you are assuming the WRC-3 championship has failed simply because drivers are unwilling to take the risk and have instead made conservative choices in their events. You are presenting it as an inherent problem in the structure of the championship, when it is not the case.

No, the championship fails simply because it has stupid rules. Everybody knows that there would be little will to start overseas etc. That's easily predictable, WRC3 is also a feeder series and as such it can't work if it allows to avoid direct confrontation of the competitors. The concept is totally wrong, it doesn't save money, it doesn't create healthy competition and it has very little value for managers of big teams to see skills of young drivers. In fact it works in all aspects exactly opposite as JWRC/Academy. I don't get why.

makinen_fan
15th May 2013, 11:46

How did the concept work for WRC-2 ? Ok it worked from the point of view you have more entries and WRC-2 is run at every rally. But this is not a championship where it is suppose to be the stepping stone to WRC. Look at the championship standings so far.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14818594/eWRC%20results.com%20%20%20Season%202013%20rally.p ng

Does Al-Kuwari deserve to be leading this World Championship? Just to show how competitive he is, bear in mind he was more than 3s per km slower than Lappi in Portugal. Just draw your conclusion on whether the regulations provide any form of competition or it is just a way for the FIA to say that the WRC-2 is a well received championship due to number of entries. Completely BS for me

Prisoner Monkeys
16th May 2013, 00:48
Ok it worked from the point of view you have more entries and WRC-2 is run at every rally.
WRC-3 is also run at every rally.

Does Al-Kuwari deserve to be leading this World Championship?
Seeing as how he has the most points, I would say yes.

Just to show how competitive he is, bear in mind he was more than 3s per km slower than Lappi in Portugal.
And Lappi went off the road in Monte Carlo. It's not like he's lost the lead of the championship despite being the fastest driver simply because al-Kuwari made a better choice of events.

Just draw your conclusion on whether the regulations provide any form of competition or it is just a way for the FIA to say that the WRC-2 is a well received championship due to number of entries. Completely BS for me
My point is not that the championship is working because of the nubemr of entries. My point is that the championship is working because it gives the drivers the freedom to choose which events they compete and score points in, which in turn gives them the opportunity to create a rally program that suits them, giving them the best chance at placing in the championship.

makinen_fan
16th May 2013, 08:54
And Lappi went off the road in Monte Carlo. It's not like he's lost the lead of the championship despite being the fastest driver simply because al-Kuwari made a better choice of events.

My point is not that the championship is working because of the nubemr of entries. My point is that the championship is working because it gives the drivers the freedom to choose which events they compete and score points in, which in turn gives them the opportunity to create a rally program that suits them, giving them the best chance at placing in the championship.

Does Lappi have the budget to run those events? Al-Kuwari can pour his oil-money into his rally program and run all the expensive events where there is virtually no competition. It is not only a case where they WANT to run, it is also where you CAN and have MONEY to run.

The fundamental problem with this is that the FIA wanted it to be feeder series to WRC (WRC-3 and WRC-2). Without proper competition you cannot draw any conclusion. Of course team principles and the people involved into hiring these drivers latter on, will not look into Mexico and Argentina to see who deserves a seat in a WRC (I am not talking about money related issues here, I am sure Al-Kuwari can and will run a WRC program in the future). But just spoils the essence of competition for the rally fans.

On the other hand I do appreciate that the more entries (even low quality/tourists) is good (not ideal) for the spectators at the stages.

jbmarcus21
16th May 2013, 11:38
Google Earth Map Acropolis Rally of Greece is out ! Wrc Acropolis Rally of Greece 2013 (http://planetemarcus.com/saison-wrc/grece-acropole-2013/)

Vaggelis27
16th May 2013, 11:53
Goodmorning...i think that Al-Kuwari doesn't have the speed to be first,it will be very difficult for him to win in acropolis rally.The good for him is that he did the rally last year and it is a advantage for him!

tolis
16th May 2013, 12:02
Goodmorning...i think that Al-Kuwari doesn't have the speed to be first,it will be very difficult for him to win in acropolis rally.The good for him is that he did the rally last year and it is a advantage for him!
So, who do you think will win WRC-2 in Greece Vaggelis?

Mintexmemory
16th May 2013, 12:37
So, who do you think will win WRC-2 in Greece Vaggelis?
Everyone can voice their opinion on this in the unofficial pickem for Acropolis WRC2 and JWRC that will start tomorrow (along with the Official WRC Pickem) ;)

Vaggelis27
16th May 2013, 13:04
Hi tolis...If Kubica stay in the road he will take the win but i expect Al-Kuwari stronger because of he did the rally last year but i don't think they will have a fight between them.

tolis
16th May 2013, 21:20
Athanassoulas's livery

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/942062_483582415046116_66881902_n.png

Prisoner Monkeys
17th May 2013, 07:39
Does Lappi have the budget to run those events? Al-Kuwari can pour his oil-money into his rally program and run all the expensive events where there is virtually no competition. It is not only a case where they WANT to run, it is also where you CAN and have MONEY to run.
And Lappi has the support of Skoda. Maybe he doesn't have as much money as al-Kuwari, but there is certainly enough to send him to Queensland for a round of the Asia-Pacific Rally Championship.

Mirek
17th May 2013, 08:02
APRC has nothing to do with WRC2 also the funding is different. Lappi will not continue in WRC2 anyway except maybe NORF and Australia.

Besides that it's completely irrelevant but if You like paper competition why not but it seems You are the only one.

tolis
17th May 2013, 09:40
Lappi will not continue in WRC2 anyway except maybe NORF and Australia.
Really? That's a pity. I thought that the plan was Lappi to do WRC2 in order to get experience from many WRC rallies...

Mirek
17th May 2013, 09:42
VW wants Wiegand to win... at least that is what I heard about the reason.

Vaggelis27
17th May 2013, 11:26
This is very bad for Lappi...He has the speed and i believe he would be the champion in WRC2.

Prisoner Monkeys
19th May 2013, 10:42
Lappi will not continue in WRC2 anyway except maybe NORF and Australia.
So if Lappi isn't continuing, why are people complaining that al Kuwari is beating him? Even if Lappi was leading WRC-2 at the moment, al-Kuwari would likely beat him on the basis that he is doing more rounds and has more opportunity to score points and Lappi isn't doing enough rounds to give him a reasonable chance at winning the title.

Mirek
19th May 2013, 11:54
So if Lappi isn't continuing, why are people complaining that al Kuwari is beating him? Even if Lappi was leading WRC-2 at the moment, al-Kuwari would likely beat him on the basis that he is doing more rounds and has more opportunity to score points and Lappi isn't doing enough rounds to give him a reasonable chance at winning the title.

You still don't get the point but I will not continue this endless argument, sorry.

Prisoner Monkeys
19th May 2013, 13:11
Your point seems to be that the championship has failed simply because drivers have been consevative when choosing their events. Which I don't think is a weakness at all. Let's say that the championship had a fixed calendar, and that Sweden was included as one of the rounds. Why should a driver who has genuine talent be at a disadvantage because they never competed on snow?

Vaggelis27
19th May 2013, 15:52
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/380808_480527598700270_1173147727_n.jpg

stefanvv
19th May 2013, 16:07
Marbelous :D

EDIT: BTW if someone has some info and/or materials for 59' year's edition, I would appreciate it

stefanvv
20th May 2013, 23:01
Maybe the best place of the stage!You can see video.It was the same in 2009 and 2011

Thx a lot. Do you have it on Google maps?

Vaggelis27
20th May 2013, 23:06
Thx a lot. Do you have it on Google maps?

Acropolis Rally 2013 - Spectators - Google Earth (http://www.acropolisrally.gr/EN/2013/spectators-2013/google-earth-2013/) Here you can find whatever u want!

stefanvv
20th May 2013, 23:41
Acropolis Rally 2013 - Spectators - Google Earth (http://www.acropolisrally.gr/EN/2013/spectators-2013/google-earth-2013/) Here you can find whatever u want!

Great, thx. Now I found good reason to install GEarth on my PC :)

Vaggelis27
20th May 2013, 23:49
Great, thx. Now I found good reason to install GEarth on my PC :)
Haha me too.Never before i had used this.But is very usefull.

MartijnS
21st May 2013, 10:07
You can also past the URL's of the files in the Google Maps location space. Works better imo ;)

stefanvv
21st May 2013, 10:30
You can also past the URL's of the files in the Google Maps location space. Works better imo ;)

Good tip :)

atsiotras79
24th May 2013, 10:51
Excuse me if it was mentioned before, but are we having a MF meeting this year during Acropolis? If yes, I suggest Thursday night...

Vaggelis27
24th May 2013, 11:46
Excuse me if it was mentioned before, but are we having a MF meeting this year during Acropolis? If yes, I suggest Thursday night...
I'm in too ;)

tolis
24th May 2013, 12:54
Useful recce for SS5-9 Kefalari: Video "In Car" Road Book SS.5+9 Kefalari For Acropolis Rally 2013 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEaczyt3sd4)

dimviii
24th May 2013, 14:00

For me is impossible at Thursday night as i would be near Lamia job related .If its possible at Friday after shakedown i am in.Plenty of hours till stage no1 and good time for some food-beers.

tolis
24th May 2013, 14:15
@dimviii, Vaggelis27: Το είμαι μέσα δε μεταφραζεται στα Αγγλικά! :) Δεν υπάρχει αί αμ ιν! :D

NxOxT
24th May 2013, 14:27
μεταφραζεται σαν count me in

dimviii
24th May 2013, 14:43
@dimviii, Vaggelis27: Το είμαι μέσα δε μεταφραζεται στα Αγγλικά! :) Δεν υπάρχει αί αμ ιν! :D
kaλα μην βαρας ντε! πανε και 25 χρονια που τελειωσα τα Αγγλικα. :D

tommeke_B
24th May 2013, 15:04
Δεν καταλαβαίνω ούτε μια λέξη.

Vaggelis27
24th May 2013, 15:43
Google translate σου λεει μετα. :p Ασε μας ρε τολη που θα μου πεις για αγγλικα.2 φορες κοπηκα στο lower

makinen_fan
24th May 2013, 15:47
Julian Porter@The_Rally_Guru

There's a new hydraulic handbrake system in Greece on@vwrallytheworld Polo's. Lets see how the new system goes & if the drivers like it.

Let's see if it is good enough for Ogier this time

Kielder
24th May 2013, 15:51

Λατρεύω το Google μεταφράζει :p .

Vaggelis27
24th May 2013, 16:08
Julian Porter@The_Rally_Guru

There's a new hydraulic handbrake system in Greece on@vwrallytheworld Polo's. Lets see how the new system goes & if the drivers like it.

Let's see if it is good enough for Ogier this time

It's the system that Mikkelsen's Polo had in Argentina and in Portugal.

Rallyper
24th May 2013, 16:15

I´m so sorry I can´t attend. Sitting here and doesn´t want anything but being with you guys next week. Hope to see you next year "atsiotras" and "dimviii" and hoping that you´l meet some nwe nice friens this year. Maybe N.O.T.?

dimviii
24th May 2013, 16:26

:p Τοlis told me a mistake i did in English language.

Rallyper
24th May 2013, 16:27
You should meet at Waves, right?

dimviii
24th May 2013, 16:52
You should meet at Waves, right?

yes at waves will be good because it is next to service park easy to find it.Lets see if there is any interest about the meet.

stefanvv
24th May 2013, 17:30
I might drop by for a beer or couple, but only on friday I can. Where is this Waves?

Vaggelis27
24th May 2013, 17:50
It's next to Casino if u know.About 1km from the SP.Lamros Athanassoulas who is the owner posted on Facebook that there will be an after party with all the "GODS"

stefanvv
24th May 2013, 18:37
It's next to Casino if u know.About 1km from the SP.Lamros Athanassoulas who is the owner posted on Facebook that there will be an after party with all the "GODS"

"колко ли струва бирата" :confused:
:D

Vaggelis27
24th May 2013, 21:05
"колко ли струва бирата" :confused:
:D

We will see ;)

stefanvv
24th May 2013, 21:13
We will see ;)

:D Ok. I'm sure it's not as cheap as here

Vaggelis27
24th May 2013, 21:25
:D Ok. I'm sure it's not as cheap as here

I think from 3 to 5

stefanvv
25th May 2013, 07:32
Is it possible 4 stages to be seen on Saturday (WRC cars)?

katikisphotography
25th May 2013, 09:04
For sure... ;)

DIMI44
25th May 2013, 10:46
For sure... ;)

More details......please....

DIMI44
25th May 2013, 11:09
Useful recce for SS5-9 Kefalari: Video "In Car" Road Book SS.5+9 Kefalari For Acropolis Rally 2013 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEaczyt3sd4)

What you will see if you choose:
Access No 1: on 3.14
Access No 2: on 11.33
Access No 3: on 19.00
Access No 4: on 24.45

Vaggelis27
25th May 2013, 11:34
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/960124_593648757326137_330470746_n.jpg

stefanvv
25th May 2013, 14:07
For sure... ;)

How about 5 then:
SS3 AP1,
SS5
SS6
SS9 (or 8)
SS10

From the maps and itinerary seems feasible, is it so?

stefanvv
25th May 2013, 14:40
How about 5 then:
SS3 AP1,
SS5
SS6
SS9 (or 8)
SS10

From the maps and itinerary seems feasible, is it so?

For SS5 that would be AP3 (67.4, about 1:11 hrs according to Google from SS3 AP1)

MartijnS
25th May 2013, 22:19
Last two years we did SS3, SS5, SS7 and SS9 easily! If I look at the timing of this year, you should be able to add 2 times Ziria to that possibly, might be close? :)

stefanvv
25th May 2013, 23:16
Last two years we did SS3, SS5, SS7 and SS9 easily! If I look at the timing of this year, you should be able to add 2 times Ziria to that possibly, might be close? :)

Yes, this seems totally achievable now too, but I don't want to come back for SS7 and back on SS9 again. I think my 5 stages plan should work :)

saxter
27th May 2013, 07:48
A small help for spectators. Recce for S.S 6-10 Ziria.
(Sorry for bad qualiy but we had some "Go Pro" problems.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnLokvMPBIU

arko5
27th May 2013, 10:15
Kościuszko will not start in Greece. This is bad news. Good news is that he will change the car (goodbye Mini). Hi will start in Ford Fiesta WRC from M-Sport :)

noel157
28th May 2013, 08:48
Kościuszko will not start in Greece. This is bad news. Good news is that he will change the car (goodbye Mini). Hi will start in Ford Fiesta WRC from M-Sport :)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BLTrJWYCQAAKLbk.jpg

Kielder
28th May 2013, 10:17
Kubica is testing ahead of the rally:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BLV24LICIAAMU7l.jpg:large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BLV5PoJCYAAuWv5.jpg:large

Kielder
28th May 2013, 10:51
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlkWNWUMJJU

Vaggelis27
28th May 2013, 17:42
WRC Acropolis Rally 2013 WRC2 Test Protasov - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncvq773AaHE) WRC Acropolis Rally 2013 WRC2 Test Robert Kubica - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfhUdkc-VgU)

noel157
28th May 2013, 17:49
Please Jari-Matti, just try and finish, maybe P2/3, but don't fight with Ogier, you know what will happen....

Latvala 'ideally' out to fight for win in Greece | WRC News | May 2013 | Crash.Net (http://www.crash.net/world+rally/news/191686/1/latvala_ideally_out_to_fight_for_win_in_greece.htm l)

tigerlily
28th May 2013, 22:59
Yes, this seems totally achievable now too, but I don't want to come back for SS7 and back on SS9 again. I think my 5 stages plan should work :)

After a long trip from Japan, I'll be in Greece tomorrow :)

I'm also thinking to go to SS8(Gymno) or SS9(Kefalari) and SS10(Ziria) in the afternoon Saturday.
Having a look on the map, Kefalari and Ziria are close.
can I go both stages? I'm thinking to go AP4 of SS9 and AP1 of SS10.
Or is it better to choose SS8 and SS10?

And could anyone give me some information of recce?
I want to see recce cars in the stages on Thursday. Rally Guide just says that priority drives do recce from 07:00 to 20:00.
Can I have more detail information of time and places??

makinen_fan
29th May 2013, 08:23
http://vimeo.com/67188594

bluuford
29th May 2013, 09:30
Weather for Greece.

According to preliminary information the weather will be great during the whole rally. No rain, some clouds. Early mornings on the mountains are a bit chilly but mostly not below + 14 degrees. Daily temperatures are not too warm either. Mostly between 20.. and +25. Maybe some dust problems on Saturday morning during the first stage (as it is expected to be very calm). So, nothing special expected.

DIMI44
29th May 2013, 10:31

I'm also thinking to go to SS8(Gymno) or SS9(Kefalari) and SS10(Ziria) in the afternoon Saturday.

I want to see recce cars in the stages on Thursday. Rally Guide just says that priority drives do recce from 07:00 to 20:00.
You must know that if will be much crowd for SS, police close the roads (very) far from SS.Many of us prefer to stay on the same SS chasing place between two passages....
Now about your questions.The road between AC 4 of SS 9 and AC 1 of SS 10 is about 50 klms last 6.5 of them very rough gravel.And if we say very rough it means thousants of stones.....I think that you have not much time to arrive on time.....
I dont know anything for recce cars schedule...

cercle
29th May 2013, 13:19
Does anyone knows if they still drive at the spot where Nasser Al-Attiyah crashed last year (bump-splash)?
Do they still drive on this spot?
eWRC.cz - po všech stránkách rally… (http://www.ewrc.cz/ewrc/image_browse.php?id=65007)

Anyone a good spot with a good atmosphere for the night stage?
Thanks

MartijnS
29th May 2013, 13:33
They still drive there. This was tweeted yesterday.
Its close to Loutraki, but don't know the exact location.

https://twitter.com/The_Rally_Guru/status/339412649299288065/photo/1

belas
29th May 2013, 13:59
Both spots are used in the opposite direction

uranium
29th May 2013, 14:06
Any live coverage expected?

tolis
29th May 2013, 14:07
Who is he? Tanak or Kruuda?

http://www.acropolisrally.gr/userfiles/CMSFiles/4T__7054.jpg

Mad cat jnr
29th May 2013, 14:56
Who is he? Tanak or Kruuda?

http://www.acropolisrally.gr/userfiles/CMSFiles/4T__7054.jpg

Krudda, he and Weigend are doing the recce only.

dimviii
29th May 2013, 16:03
tolis interview Abdulaziz :p

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/426772_10151443652177532_1250878178_n.jpg

Kielder
29th May 2013, 23:46
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/945496_506184466097993_2026593272_n.jpg

Sander D.
30th May 2013, 06:47
Hi there ! Does anybody know if there are / where are good watersplashes this year ? Thanks in advance !

andyone
30th May 2013, 09:31
where is Al Rahji and Lappi we want to see some intence battles

Mirek
30th May 2013, 10:51
where is Al Rahji and Lappi we want to see some intence battles

You will not see Lappi in WRC except maybe NORF and Australia. Seems like VW politics to support Wiegand is behind that...

Fast Eddie WRC
30th May 2013, 10:55
Any live coverage expected?

Dont think so.. maybe the PS on Sunday ...

GF
30th May 2013, 11:39

Anyone a good spot with a good atmosphere for the night stage?
Thanks

It will be the access no3 http://www.acropolisrally.gr/userfiles/CMSFiles/2013/race/roadbooks/Spect_Kineta-EN.pdf but try to find a safe place due to many people will be there.

saxter
30th May 2013, 14:26

You can "follow" our program if u like. U can see S.S. 6 Ziria 1 at 11:59, then the S.S.9 Kefalari 2 at 17:20 and for "desert" u can go and service park! If u want any details about "how" please contact me. I will be happy to help a japanese friend!

rallye-vid
30th May 2013, 14:45
Funny thing: Google Übersetzer (http://translate.google.de/translate?sl=de&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=de&ie=UTF-8&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.rallye-magazin.de%2Frallyes%2Fwm%2Fnachrichten%2Fnews-detail%2Fd%2F2013%2F05%2F30%2Fein-mini-der-nicht-gefahren-wird%2Findex.html)

uranium
30th May 2013, 17:44
It's only me, who have problems with Rally Acropolis 2013 - Results - Rally-Base (http://rally-base.com/2013/rally-acropolis-2013/) ? Where are results? What's up?

Jafry
30th May 2013, 19:15
http://www.rally-mania.cz/fotogalerie/2013/1156/1156_acropolis_rally_of_greece_2013_53fc77a639.jpg

http://www.rally-mania.cz/fotogalerie/2013/1156/1156_acropolis_rally_of_greece_2013_735acda8c3.jpg

http://www.rally-mania.cz/fotogalerie/2013/1156/1156_acropolis_rally_of_greece_2013_2ad04ff7b2.jpg

More photo from service before start HERE (http://www.rally-mania.cz/photogallery.php?id=1156)

trifonvl
30th May 2013, 19:25
Funny thing: Google Übersetzer (http://translate.google.de/translate?sl=de&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=de&ie=UTF-8&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.rallye-magazin.de%2Frallyes%2Fwm%2Fnachrichten%2Fnews-detail%2Fd%2F2013%2F05%2F30%2Fein-mini-der-nicht-gefahren-wird%2Findex.html)

P5300100 | Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/96711615@N03/8892875865/)

Today at Loutraki Service Park

ProRally
30th May 2013, 19:35
Yazeed Al Rahji is still recovering from broken vertebrae during big jump in Saudi during Raid Hail in the Hummer, doubt he will be back this year...
Takes time to recover correctly

dimviii
30th May 2013, 21:39
Hankook tyre for jwrc

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BLhQmn_CQAAanp8.jpg

bluuford
30th May 2013, 21:43
Yazeed Al Rahji is still recovering from broken vertebrae during big jump in Saudi during Raid Hail in the Hummer, doubt he will be back this year...
Takes time to recover correctly

I heard he is coming to Rally Estonia in July.

tigerlily
30th May 2013, 21:50
You must know that if will be much crowd for SS, police close the roads (very) far from SS.Many of us prefer to stay on the same SS chasing place between two passages....
Now about your questions.The road between AC 4 of SS 9 and AC 1 of SS 10 is about 50 klms last 6.5 of them very rough gravel.And if we say very rough it means thousants of stones.....I think that you have not much time to arrive on time.....
I dont know anything for recce cars schedule...

Thank you for the information!!
I'm stupid. I forgot that those roads are so rough.
Today I did some "recce" and noticed there were many stones and could drive so slow.

Kielder
30th May 2013, 23:41
C'mon guys... Confess... Who of you wrote this? :)

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/984188_10151444783747532_368848355_n.jpg

Kielder
31st May 2013, 08:45
QS start is delayed due to big crowds at some points of the stage.

Times of FP2:

Ogier 2:17.0
Neuville 2:17.9
Novikov 2:18.4
Latvala 2:19.1
Ostberg 2:19.3
Sordo 2:19.5
Mikkelsen 2:19.8
Hirvonen 2:20.7

HarriK
31st May 2013, 09:34
Seb1 fastest in QS:
iRally | The free independent Rally App for the iPhone, iPad and Android (http://irallylive.com/ir_news.htm?00004143)

andyone
31st May 2013, 10:01
how come Latvala is last?? somthing must have gone wrong.

MartijnS
31st May 2013, 10:37
http://sphotos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/292538_10200666480159142_1367434397_n.jpg

Much more dust than 2 years ago! ;)

http://www.rallymedia.nl/images/2011/acropolisrally/Araujo%202.jpg

A FONDO
31st May 2013, 10:46
Start order

1 – Al-Qassimi (DS3 WRC)
2 – Prokop (Fiesta WRC)
3 – Mikkelsen (Polo R WRC)
4 – Latvala (Polo R WRC)
5 – Hirvonen (DS3 WRC)
6 – Al-Attiyah (Fiesta WRC)
7 – Ostberg (Fiesta WRC)
8 – Neuville (Fiesta WRC)
9 – Novikov (Fiesta WRC)
10 – Sordo (DS3 WRC)
11 – Ogier (Polo R WRC)

The only difference from qualy is that Mikkelsen was moved in front of Latvala

Josti
31st May 2013, 11:33
You will not see Lappi in WRC except maybe NORF and Australia. Seems like VW politics to support Wiegand is behind that...

Isn't Lappi driving for Skoda Motorsport? I didn't know VW was of such a big influence on their program.

rallye-sport
31st May 2013, 12:04
Shakedown/Qualif Update -> Photos Rallye de Grèce 2013 (http://www.rallye-sport.fr/photos-rallye-de-grece-2013/)

http://www.rallye-sport.fr/wp-content/gallery/grece-2013/img_0153.jpg

http://www.rallye-sport.fr/wp-content/gallery/grece-2013/img_0334.jpg

http://www.rallye-sport.fr/wp-content/gallery/grece-2013/img_0172.jpg

PLuto
31st May 2013, 12:25
Starting order to first leg - Rally Acropolis 2013 - Start order - leg 1 - Rally-Base (http://rally-base.com/2013/rally-acropolis-2013/start-list/?startTimeTypeId=321)

Vaggelis27
31st May 2013, 12:27
vaggelisp7 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/user/vaggelisp7) Shakedown

hari
31st May 2013, 12:41
Some pictures from dusty shakedown: Perfect action

http://www.ir7.at/ac1.jpg

http://www.ir7.at/ac2.jpg
http://www.ir7.at/ac6.jpg

http://www.ir7.at/ac7.jpg

Jafry
31st May 2013, 12:46
http://www.rally-mania.cz/fotogalerie/2013/1156/1156_acropolis_rally_of_greece_2013_ae5e454181.jpg

http://www.rally-mania.cz/fotogalerie/2013/1156/1156_acropolis_rally_of_greece_2013_2cc0c87b76.jpg

http://www.rally-mania.cz/fotogalerie/2013/1156/1156_acropolis_rally_of_greece_2013_5719babdec.jpg

http://www.rally-mania.cz/fotogalerie/2013/1156/1156_acropolis_rally_of_greece_2013_5e2b805366.jpg

http://www.rally-mania.cz/fotogalerie/2013/1156/1156_acropolis_rally_of_greece_2013_98b9074db0.jpg

More photos from shake HERE (http://www.rally-mania.cz/photogallery.php?id=1156)

Bartolbia84
31st May 2013, 12:49
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/389253_10201023884428610_329820413_n.jpg

Kielder
31st May 2013, 13:38
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=TRT9s-0OKDY

MartijnS
31st May 2013, 13:38
That was a great shakedown if you look at the photos!

Kielder
31st May 2013, 13:42
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/966714_549549535102187_1577070099_o.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/980493_549549435102197_1124185000_o.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/286696_549549441768863_1804487316_o.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/980311_549549438435530_534604582_o.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/282922_506905429359230_550725873_n.jpg

Kielder
31st May 2013, 13:48
As usual, they're the best ones catching the atmosphere:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Gi6UCHWwfzM

The zone at 1:49 is really spectacular :) .

Kielder
31st May 2013, 13:58
Some more pics:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/968973_546880852020935_591995142_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/400529_602297086461573_1304184976_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/981483_549549515102189_2074137408_o.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/967269_549549568435517_2100299226_o.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/942487_506905399359233_1079134508_n.jpg

Mintexmemory
31st May 2013, 14:05
Stunning images from shakedown, keep this event please FIA as I want to go in 2015! (2014 is Monte and NORF)

Allyc85
31st May 2013, 14:40
Even with a shortened event im still gutted im not out there now its all started.

16.28pm uk time for SS1 I guess?

makinen_fan
31st May 2013, 14:43
Yes 2 hours ahead of UK time

PLuto
31st May 2013, 16:22
Like usually you can follow results of rally LIVE here - Rally Acropolis 2013 - Results - Rally-Base (http://rally-base.com/2013/rally-acropolis-2013/)

First stage starts in few minutes...

GigiGalliNo1
31st May 2013, 16:39
Your welcome for the Bee Gees song!!! :D

Mintexmemory
31st May 2013, 16:45
slow start from JML - problem or harder tyres?

And damn Mads in trouble from the start!!!

makinen_fan
31st May 2013, 16:47
oh god! Mads in trouble from the first 5km. drop 2m30s

Rallyper
31st May 2013, 16:48
When will his unluck end?!!

Tom206wrc
31st May 2013, 16:49
Mads SS1 first split :s

Tom206wrc
31st May 2013, 16:50
Novikov flyin on first split SS1 ;)

wwbroe
31st May 2013, 16:56
Ostberg stopped in stage?? What the f...ck?

Tom206wrc
31st May 2013, 16:58
Looks like Kalid stopped too :confused:

wwbroe
31st May 2013, 16:59
Looks like Kalid stopped too :confused:

Looks like that..., not a good start for them.

Edit: his splits are back, so he is still going?

rallye-vid
31st May 2013, 17:01
I hope Novikov don't crash ..

Mintexmemory
31st May 2013, 17:01
Evgeny going fast - too fast if you ask me!

makinen_fan
31st May 2013, 17:02
No, he is still in! just the usual split problems

wwbroe
What's up with splits for Ogier????

stefanvv
Ogier in trouble :confused:

makinen_fan
31st May 2013, 17:03
Ogier now 2min down! Havoc from the start!

Mintexmemory
31st May 2013, 17:03
Ogier in trouble :confused:

Looks like we've got a wide open rally on our hands here!!

andyone
31st May 2013, 17:04
hoo ogier in trouble... at least. someone somewhere will just do a mistake. that is where luck comes.

jonkka
31st May 2013, 17:04
:)

stefanvv
31st May 2013, 17:06
Looks like we've got a wide open rally on our hands here!!

What could be better :)

makinen_fan
How much is the time difference between cars?

Mintexmemory
Perfect Hyena stage!!

stefanvv
31st May 2013, 17:07
Latvala is slowly getting into speed now

jonkka
31st May 2013, 17:07
Novikov missing split 4 :eek:

rallye-vid
31st May 2013, 17:08
How much is the time difference between cars?

4 mins for the big boys.. Not sure about the other

makinen_fan
Novikov missing split 4 :eek:

Not supprising!

Ogier stopped in stage! Also Mikko reported out!

stefanvv
Ogier stopped, Hirvonen stopped, big drama

Miika
Nasser for the win.

makinen_fan
31st May 2013, 17:09
4 mins for the big boys.. Not sure about the other

I thought so too, but seems like 2min for me from the radio! All too bunched up

Mintexmemory
31st May 2013, 17:09