PDA

View Full Version : How to get to Donington Park?

Fahad_H
3rd April 2007, 20:25
Is there a way to go from Oxford to Donington Park using public transportation?

Thank you

Tomski
3rd April 2007, 20:47
Not easily, unless you count flying as public transport. You're best bet might be to look for travel to East Midlands Airport which is next to the circuit, there bound to be some form of Airport bus /coach servcie from Oxford, or from somewhere Nottingham, if you can get there.

Fahad_H
4th April 2007, 06:36
I think I would need a car to just drive directly to the circuit.

What about Brands Hatch?

I think I have to go to Victoria station in London, then to Swanley station, after that I need a bus or a taxi to the circuit.

is there an easier way?

Thank you,

Mark
4th April 2007, 07:52
As others have said, East Midlands Airport is probably your best bet, there are shuttle busses to there from Nottingham (and other places, no doubt).

From the airport, walk!, it's only a mile or so, and probably faster given the usual traffic problems, but failing that then a taxi won't cost you too much.

Fahad_H
4th April 2007, 12:46
How much would the flight cost from Oxford?

I am thinking to rent a car for 30 GBP for one day.

Is it good drive from Oxford to the circuit?

Thanks a lot,

Mark
4th April 2007, 12:56
How much would the flight cost from Oxford?

You can't get one, that would be super crazy mad stupid as it's only 100 miles. I meant get a bus/train which would go to the airport anyway, then proceed from there.

I am thinking to rent a car for 30 GBP for one day.

Is it good drive from Oxford to the circuit?

That'll be by far the best idea. It's all good roads from Oxford to Donington Park and shouldn't take you more than 2 hours (probably a lot less). I've gone to Donington as a day trip from my house which is 165 miles away.

Fahad_H
4th April 2007, 13:04
I got it now, so East Midlands Airport is the nearest main destination to the circuit.

I'd prefer a bus/train trip if the timing is good, I will attend the F3 race on Sunday 22nd and be back the same day.

Thanks a lot

Allyc85
4th April 2007, 18:18
this website might help :)
http://www.transportdirect.com/Web/Templates/Home.aspx?NRMODE=Published&NRORIGINALURL=%2fTransportDirect%2fen%2f&NRNODEGUID=%7b9B2CEBBB-B2D4-4022-A0D1-5B939541864D%7d&NRCACHEHINT=Guest

Fahad_H
4th April 2007, 19:25
Thanks a lot, that's a really good website, I just need to print out the driving instructions and drive there :D

Thank you