PDA

View Full Version : Paypal Problems

rjbetty
24th January 2013, 01:59
Hi people,

Unfortunately I'm experiencing some bad problems at the moment with Paypal/ebay and was wondering if anyone else has had problems like this.

Due to my own clumsiness and not really knowing what I was doing, I basically had set up another paypal account to sell some items with a friend. Now I didn't actually realise that swapping a bank card onto another Paypal account was a problem. It gets tricker as I set up a new account in the summer with this person to make a purchase so they can use it to make things to sell.

But there was some strange issue with that account, which I think may have been caused by me entering my password wrong too many times in a row - I'd forgotten it and couldn't be bothered to look it up so made a few guesses... But the account ended up getting limited.

As this was all pretty new to me, I simply set up another account, moved my bank card to there (it's now not linked to my personal account but I only used it once or twice a year anyway). For a while, they were able to start selling some things.

But pretty much out of the blue at the end of last year, the account and any future account, and everything to do with me has been limited permanently. The decision has been taken and has not looked like it can ever be reversed - ever. (there may now be a chance)

Now, considering I made an honest mistake here as I am a total noob (you really DON'T have to believe me and my intentions - I just don't really mind), while I understand that security is paramount - it does seem to me that this is a little harsh maybe? Especially since I'm struggling to find work and make ends meet tbh, I was kinda banking on ebay as my source of income for the mo.

I understand about security and how it may look, setting up more than 1 account, and moving a bank card between more than 1 in a short space of time. But really, is it a bit harsh that I was suddenly banned for life - without warning? I could understand if I had been doing something wrong/illegal and been caught. That would be different.

The only hope is that I have spoken to them again and though they kept repeating the decision has been made to permanently limit my account (i.e. for life) they did eventually say they would review it again...

Has anyone else had anything like this? (You're allowed to be blunt with me here)

Thanks.

Knock-on
24th January 2013, 10:59
I have always found PayPal cusstomer support to be excellent. Call them again is all I can suggest.