PDA

View Full Version : RIP Tony Greig

ShiftingGears
29th December 2012, 06:07
Cricket Commentator Tony Greig, 66, dies after fighting lung cancer (http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/tony-greig-dead-20121229-2c06b.html)

An excellent cricketer and commentator. He will be missed.

Rollo
29th December 2012, 07:09
I think that the game itself owes him a greater debt than it lets on.

Greig was instrumental in getting English players especially to sign on to the World XI in the first series of World Series Cricket. WSC changed the way that cricket was marketed and played forever. It had gone from something stuffy to full on TV coverage in the space of three months and Greig was at the centre.

Daniel
29th December 2012, 09:17
RIP Tony

29th December 2012, 10:40
How did lepers have to behave (in England) in 1651?Did they have to wear a distinctive garment? Ring a bell? Shout "unclean"? Were they allowed to wander freely in the community, or were they restricted? Who "policed" them?
I need as much detail as possible, please. Thank you in advance.
How can I make myself look Greek for a play?I have to do a play/presentation tomorrow for "The Odyssey" (I hate that pagan book really much). Any ideas on what I can do/wear to make myself look Greeker?

ShiftingGears
29th December 2012, 13:46
How did lepers have to behave (in England) in 1651?Did they have to wear a distinctive garment? Ring a bell? Shout "unclean"? Were they allowed to wander freely in the community, or were they restricted? Who "policed" them?
I need as much detail as possible, please. Thank you in advance.
How can I make myself look Greek for a play?I have to do a play/presentation tomorrow for "The Odyssey" (I hate that pagan book really much). Any ideas on what I can do/wear to make myself look Greeker?

Eat a dick.

Langdale Forest
29th December 2012, 15:09

Ask N.O.T ;)

AndyRAC
29th December 2012, 15:28
I think that the game itself owes him a greater debt than it lets on.

Greig was instrumental in getting English players especially to sign on to the World XI in the first series of World Series Cricket. WSC changed the way that cricket was marketed and played forever. It had gone from something stuffy to full on TV coverage in the space of three months and Greig was at the centre.

Have to agree. Even now, there are still some in English cricket who still think it's the 19th century.....

A very fine all rounder (possibly 2nd only to Botham of English All rounders), a good captain, and finally a entertaining commentator.

RIP

Storm
2nd January 2013, 12:35
He got a little too over enthusiastic for my liking when it came to Sri Lankans or one-day cricket but still a guy who brought a lot of things to the table.
Too many people getting knocked over in their mid 60s by cancer recently (Keith Floyd, Ronnie James Dio etc)