PDA

View Full Version : Volunteering in Rally

lyndonrally
28th December 2012, 11:04
Not sure if this is the right place or even the right forum but wondering if any of you gents/ladies could help me

I'm looking to get some sort of foot in the door working within rally. I have watched it since the days of colin mccrae and now am finishing Uni and being thrown into the big wild world :P

before you all judge me im not a typical uni student whos studied engineering but never touched a spanner. I volunteered in a garage for a few years and have worked in car plants and currently work fr a Clio Cup team.

My question to you gents is there any smaller competition that you know of where someone might be prepared to take me a long and lend them a hand while they race. I have already written to teams within wrc and tried pro drive and not even a reply...or as the lady said at pro drive places that come up normally go to friends or family ( not sure i should of been told that!!)

anyway guys thanks for reading my post ....( or deleting it :P )

Sulland
28th December 2012, 16:26
Hi, Where do you live?

lyndonrally
30th December 2012, 09:19
West sussex uk.

Please dont tell me your going to.mention an oppurtunity like a million miles away :p

mousti
30th December 2012, 15:19
U better writte letters to teams who working on a national level and working with freelancers and volunteers. Prodrive and other WRC teams have mostly full time employees with most people having a top resume (no offense btw :D ).

lyndonrally
30th December 2012, 15:31
I have done the wrc teams but dont know which championship to go for tbh

n lol no offense taken :p

mousti
30th December 2012, 16:06
BRC full of teams who have alot of ambition because lots of youngster doing a program there

br21
30th December 2012, 17:02
I also think that at the beginning you should look for smaller teams which are close to your location.
If you would like to get in contact with some teams from mainland Europe to share experience, etc. PM me and I can try to help.

lyndonrally
30th December 2012, 20:18
Caan u recoomand a site with these teams listed

lyndonrally
4th January 2013, 17:09
wondering if anyone can recommend a site?? so i can send round a message