PDA

View Full Version : New Impreza

jonas_mcrae
3rd April 2007, 12:37
http://blogs.edmunds.com/Straightline/2559
http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?section_id=15&article_id=5095

Its has been unveiled in New Yorks Autoshow, and honestly I think it is HORRIBLE (some people might think different and I respect that), nothing to do with the old Imprezas, not only because of being a hatch now, i liked the idea before, but the proportions, the new grill, the lights, dont know but really dont like it. I would have prefered that photoshop that had been around before. This one looks like a cross between the old monaro and a Mazda 3 hatch. It looks big and heavy, more like an american car, honestly. To me it looks like a reduced wagon or crossover. Im very dissapointed and I think the new Lancer is way better. Sorry for the people that does likes it but it looks like a Chrysler, like a baby pacifica. Please Subaru Next year ask prodrive to design it.

all thoughts are welcome

Mark
3rd April 2007, 12:40
I can't say I was a big fan of the old Impreza, but at least it did look mean! This just looks like your average Vauxhall Astra, disappointing.

jonas_mcrae
3rd April 2007, 12:44
oh by the way here are some more pics, also includin the sedan, which i thin is a little bit better, but still, now looks like a honda or saturn

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2008-subaru-impreza/

Caroline
3rd April 2007, 12:44
Ewwww. I can't believe that this is Subaru's new offering :s It reminds me of so many other cars, it's really a composite car!

Daniel
3rd April 2007, 12:50
I wouldn't be surprised if the the bumpers are a lot different. The bumpers on that look like stupid American bumpers :mark:

So us non-US people may see a different car over here.

Fugly!

Brown, Jon Brow
3rd April 2007, 12:52
Boring and it looks out of proportion.

How come some japanese car companies can design good looking exciting cars e.g Honda, Mazda, Suzuki

And others don't have a clue e.g Subaru, Toyota

Daniel
3rd April 2007, 12:53
Boring and it looks out of proportion.

How come some japanese car companies can design good looking exciting cars e.g Honda, Maxda, Suzuki

And others don't have a clue e.g Subaru, Toyota
Who is Maxda?

What good looking exciting cars does Honda make? :confused:

jonas_mcrae
3rd April 2007, 12:55
Who is Maxda?

S2000 maybe? NSX? but thats about it...

Brown, Jon Brow
3rd April 2007, 12:56
Civic, S2000, the NSX was brilliant.

viper_man
3rd April 2007, 14:17
Mr. Subaru: Hello Mr Mitusbishi, here is your crown, its about time you had it.

Mr. Mitsubishi: Why thankyou, thats awfully nice, I was getting tired of all the competition, how nice of you to throw in the towel like that.

janneppi
3rd April 2007, 14:26
I wouldn't be surprised if the the bumpers are a lot different. The bumpers on that look like stupid American bumpers :mark:

So us non-US people maypsee a different car over here.

Fugly!
The front bumber indeed looks like it was meant to be different looking.
In true scooby stule, it's bit horrible looking. :)

Brown, Jon Brow
3rd April 2007, 14:32
It might look acceptable when prodrive get there hands on it and make an STi version.

Rollo
3rd April 2007, 14:39
Who is Maxda?

Integra in Halfords colours. Best damn thing I've seen in ages :D

Seriously this new Impreza look like the offcuts from the house of Daewoo. If you had shown me this without a badge on I'd have either said that it was a Lacetti, or a Chevrolet Lacetti or a Holden Viva which is a... Daewoo Lacetti.

Perhaps Subaru have decided to go back to an old slogan from when they made the 360 - Cheap and Ugly does it!

jonas_mcrae
3rd April 2007, 15:02
Mr. Subaru: Hello Mr Mitusbishi, here is your crown, its about time you had it.

Mr. Mitsubishi: Why thankyou, thats awfully nice, I was getting tired of all the competition, how nice of you to throw in the towel like that.

LOL, thats quite funny, but its the sad truth

jonas_mcrae
3rd April 2007, 15:09
Dint want to do this, but just had to...

poor subaru

Captain VXR
3rd April 2007, 17:07
Urgh horrid :mad: and Lexarse lights on the hatch too :evil:

Daniel
3rd April 2007, 17:51
http://carsmedia.ign.com/cars/image/article/645/645484/toyota-camry-se-20050825061523111.jpg

Lazy Subaru......

Allyc85
3rd April 2007, 19:41
subaru have totally lost the plot!! Their loss!

Erki
3rd April 2007, 20:57
Not imprezzed.

harvick#1
4th April 2007, 00:46
thats horrible :mad:

the Impreza and Evo are goin way downhill

leno
4th April 2007, 11:17
In one of the slovenian magazine i read that impreza for european countries will be much different that impreza for US countries? has anyone else read anything about that???

Daniel
4th April 2007, 12:39
In one of the slovenian magazine i read that impreza for european countries will be much different that impreza for US countries? has anyone else read anything about that???
Well that's what i said. US cars all have silly looking federal impact bumpers so the car could look quite different.

555-04Q2
4th April 2007, 12:57
http://carsmedia.ign.com/cars/image/article/645/645484/toyota-camry-se-20050825061523111.jpg

Lazy Subaru......

Exactly what I was thinking when I saw the Subaru for the first time !!!

Lazy indeed :(

Donney
4th April 2007, 18:55
It looks boring and a mix of Korean and Japanese fugly cars, as already mentioned.

A shame....

schmenke
4th April 2007, 19:00
It looks like a Mazda 3... :mark:

jonas_mcrae
4th April 2007, 19:36
It looks like a Mazda 3... :mark:

indeed

inimitablestoo
4th April 2007, 19:48
At least they're sorting out the front end of the Tribeca. At the moment it's got a face only a mother could love. The designers at Subaru giveth, they taketh away...

http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsArticle/AllCars/225126/

Zico
5th April 2007, 00:39
You can all change your minds now.. I have!

The SWRT version! http://82.102.15.21/~ralis/novosubar07.jpg

Big thumbs up from me if it isnt photoshopped.

leno
5th April 2007, 09:56
I think it is not photoshoped because i saw this picture in magazine. I also think that this is the design of impreza for european coutries

Daniel
5th April 2007, 10:14

The SWRT version! http://82.102.15.21/~ralis/novosubar07.jpg

That is a photoshopped version which has been going round for a while.

Brown, Jon Brow
5th April 2007, 10:40
I saw the new Subaru Forester the other day! I was nearly sick :eek:

http://www.micoche.com/coches/subaru/forrester/images/forrester06_jpg.jpg

schmenke
5th April 2007, 15:20
That is a photoshopped version which has been going round for a while.

Too bad. It does look pretty slick, even though it somewhat resembles a Citroen...

Caroline
5th April 2007, 15:34
I saw the new Subaru Forester the other day! I was nearly sick :eek:

http://www.micoche.com/coches/subaru/forrester/images/forrester06_jpg.jpg

Not so bad. It's all relative I guess.

Tis sad, when my Subaru goes to the big scrap yard in the sky, I had dreams of buying a nice new one. Not anymore :(

schmenke
5th April 2007, 16:15
...Tis sad, when my Subaru goes to the big scrap yard in the sky, I had dreams of buying a nice new one. Not anymore :(

Guess you'll have to settle for a Hillman then, eh? :mark:

Caroline
5th April 2007, 16:53
Guess you'll have to settle for a Hillman then, eh? :mark:

Find me a half decent one :D

Daniel
5th April 2007, 16:56
And I'll tell her she can't have it..... :p :

viper_man
5th April 2007, 17:17

The SWRT version! http://82.102.15.21/~ralis/novosubar07.jpg (http://82.102.15.21/%7Eralis/novosubar07.jpg)

Now it looks like a Mazda 3 in Subaru WRC colours.

grassrootsracer
9th April 2007, 00:47
I hate it. Now I hope my Civic holds out long enough for me to rebuild my 240Z, instead of buying a new car once I graduate.

Bowman
9th April 2007, 03:25
I was dissapointed when I saw the new lancer X, this is even more of a dissapointment. I'd like the old 22b coupe, or lan evo III or IV. Seems like they just spoil already good things. Can always buy used I guess.

grassrootsracer
9th April 2007, 04:47
A used Impreza WRX? The used ones I found here had way too many miles for the cost. And I'm willing to bet they were driven hard too. I'm incredibly disappointed as I've wanted a WRX STi for quite some time. The photoshopped WRC version looked somewhat better than the original, but I'm not a fan of egg-shaped cars.

Bowman
9th April 2007, 05:08
I've been looking for used wrx for a few months as well and I agree, they are generally driven too hard considering about a fifth of the ones I have seen are damaged :p . I would not really be looking for one as a first car though, so when the time comes I will probably buy used.

Captain VXR
9th April 2007, 09:42
Subaru have really [insert swearword]ed up especialy by not making the saloon version available in the UK, instead only the hatchback. When it comes out, I can see a sharp rise in Mitsubishi Lancer Evo sales. Subaru have moved from their good traditional market of fast, cheap saloons to the jumped up hot hatch market. I have always been a Impreza guy in the classic Evo vs Impreza battle, not an Evo one but now I am almost certainly converting to the Evo side as will more than half of current Impreza WRX and STI owners :mad: . Mitsubishi have been spot on with the new Evo but Subaru have been softies. If the hatchback comes here with those dreaded clear lights then it will be a rich chavs and lifestylers (someone who thinks they are cool by owning something that has looks and is inspired by an area of motorsport but will never, ever go to a track or be driven properly, just cruising, posing and everyday driving) car, not the drivers and tuners car that it traditionally is. Thank you Subaru for ruining the Impreza; if Nissan can make the new GTR good, Mitsubishi the new Evo good, Honda and Toyota planing worthy successors to the NSX and Supra, why cannot Subaru make a decent, lairy, saloon Impreza, not a soft health-and-safety inspired hatchback. Back to the drawing board please Subaru

Daniel
9th April 2007, 10:59
Subaru have really [insert swearword]ed up especialy by not making the saloon version available in the UK, instead only the hatchback. When it comes out, I can see a sharp rise in Mitsubishi Lancer Evo sales. Subaru have moved from their good traditional market of fast, cheap saloons to the jumped up hot hatch market. I have always been a Impreza guy in the classic Evo vs Impreza battle, not an Evo one but now I am almost certainly converting to the Evo side as will more than half of current Impreza WRX and STI owners :mad: . Mitsubishi have been spot on with the new Evo but Subaru have been softies. If the hatchback comes here with those dreaded clear lights then it will be a rich chavs and lifestylers (someone who thinks they are cool by owning something that has looks and is inspired by an area of motorsport but will never, ever go to a track or be driven properly, just cruising, posing and everyday driving) car, not the drivers and tuners car that it traditionally is. Thank you Subaru for ruining the Impreza; if Nissan can make the new GTR good, Mitsubishi the new Evo good, Honda and Toyota planing worthy successors to the NSX and Supra, why cannot Subaru make a decent, lairy, saloon Impreza, not a soft health-and-safety inspired hatchback. Back to the drawing board please Subaru
Sounds like someone's been listening to Jeremy Clarkson a bit too much. You don't know whether this thing is going to be an absolute rocket or not. I fail to see how being a hatch makes it any different to being a saloon. People buy WRX's and STI's because they're fast and if this thing is fast it will still sell even though it's fugly

AndySpeed
9th April 2007, 15:16
This new Impreza reminds me of an old man's car, the sort people buy new when they're retired because they have no sense anymore

Disappointed

BenRoethig
9th April 2007, 15:40
What I really want to know is why they replaced the cooling looking sport wagon with an ugly run of the mill hatchback. It looks like they put AWD on an Astra. I do like the front end and the sedan though and they updates to the tribeca really help it. I can't wait to see what refreshes look like on the Legacy and Outback.

Captain VXR
9th April 2007, 21:34
Sounds like someone's been listening to Jeremy Clarkson a bit too much. You don't know whether this thing is going to be an absolute rocket or not. I fail to see how being a hatch makes it any different to being a saloon. People buy WRX's and STI's because they're fast and if this thing is fast it will still sell even though it's fugly

Not to the die hards like on http://www.scoobycity.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=26770&highlight=impreza+hatch

RALLY TEAM GB
11th April 2007, 23:07
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpressnews/205059/subarus_wrc_entry.html

RALLY TEAM GB
11th April 2007, 23:08
so all the wrc cars are going to be hatchbacks from 2009

seems thats the future for cars lol

BenRoethig
11th April 2007, 23:20

I hope not. I'd rather walk than drive a hatch.

Daniel
12th April 2007, 02:38

It says nothing about the fact that the WRCars may or may not be hatchbacks or saloons. Anyway Autoexpress is the most useless magazine publication in the world and more often than not they're wrong on everything.

Woodeye
12th April 2007, 11:45
This new Impreza reminds me of an old man's car, the sort people buy new when they're retired because they have no sense anymore

Disappointed

That's just what I've been thinking of. It's like Toyota Corolla, but even more grey, ugly and lacking character.

Ugliest Impreza ever.

Donney
12th April 2007, 11:50
It looks like a company car, good and everything but plain boring.

CarlMetro
12th April 2007, 12:23
Dint want to do this, but just had to...

poor subaru

Out of the two I'd pick the one on the right :D

I may be bucking the trend here but I actually quite like the new Impreza, admitedly not in hatchback form :eek: , there are many far uglier cars than this one.

MOliscous
12th April 2007, 20:18
I'll be keeping my 05 WRX. Even the 06-07's were ugly with those front ends. Now the 08 is just plain....messed up.

Daz
13th April 2007, 00:10
I've got a T2000 Classic Impreza as didn't like the bug or blobeyes. Must admit do prefer the look of the current hawkeyes. But the 2008 hatch does not look anywhere as good as I hoped it would. Rumour has it over on scoobynet is that the released pictures are only of the prototype and the final version will be launched later this year. So hope that version looks much better than the prototype.

Captain VXR
13th April 2007, 10:17
Apparently Subaru are axing the WRX level of specification when the hatch comes and are targeting the hatch at the Volkswagen Golf :mad:

AndyRAC
14th April 2007, 20:57
Subaru have stated that they're trying to move away from their Rallying image and move up market into the Audi,BMX,Mercedes market. This is obviously behind the new Impreza, must admit whoever designed that wants glasses or firing, absolutely awful,what were they thinking of.

grassrootsracer
14th April 2007, 23:19
I don't see how a hatch moves the car up into the Audi, BMW, Mercedes market at all. In my mind, that places it more in the market of the Volkswagen GTI, Mazda 3, Ford Focus market, which is below the German luxury segment. It would seem more logical to market their Legacy model as a luxury vehicle. And their rallying image was what first drew me to the car. Morons. Although the sedan doesn't look so bad.

Daniel
14th April 2007, 23:55
Out of the two I'd pick the one on the right :D

I may be bucking the trend here but I actually quite like the new Impreza, admitedly not in hatchback form :eek: , there are many far uglier cars than this one.
I have to be honest and say that in saloon form Carl is right. It's not that bad looking. But that's in comparison to the hatch. I think the new saloon is better looking than the old one.

The one thing that's always bugged me about Impreza's is that they seem to increase the torsional rigidity of each new version by 100% or something. Does that mean that the first Impreza's that came out had chassis' you could bend with your hand? :confused:

ShiftingGears
15th April 2007, 04:39
It looks like a generic car, except uglier! Subaru what were you thinking? Wonder if it'll look any better as a WRC?