PDA

View Full Version : Suzi Perry to replace Jake Humphries

bontebempo
21st December 2012, 13:38
BBC Sport - F1: Suzi Perry replaces Jake Humphrey as BBC presenter (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/20812990)

If she dresses the same as on the Gadget Show fine by me!!!

bontebempo
21st December 2012, 13:39
Removed inappropriate link

wedge
21st December 2012, 15:06
LOL!

At least Suzi is a presenter of substance whereas Georgie Thompson on Sky stands in front of the 'Sky Pad' (useless gimmick) dressed in a skimpy outfit offering nothing of substance to the viewer; and rather pointless on the clips I've seen on The F1 Show.

Honestly I'm kinda surprised. She hated the travelling and from MotoGP it was clear where her heart lies. Her digs at F1 felt more than just jest.

Bezza
21st December 2012, 15:33
It is probably going to be Sky for build up / post race reaction for me next year, I'll cut between the two for the race itself.

Nothing against Perry, I doubt anybody could follow in Jake's footsteps.

driveace
21st December 2012, 21:20
She got tired of Charlie Cox and Steve Parrish then ?
She is quiet attractive though !

acescribe
21st December 2012, 21:20
This was mentioned on the BBC/Sky thread several days ago (and it's Jake HUMPHREY...)

There is only one Jake Humphrey, which has probably what has made Simon Lazenby on Sky appear to be lost at sea in his first season od F1. Suzi remains hugely popular with the 30-50 year old male population in the UK so probably easy to see why she has appeared to be head hunted by the BBC, even if it's hardly a secret her heart lies on two wheels and not four.

tfp
22nd December 2012, 00:51
This is fantastic news!!Not that I had anything against Jake Humphrey....But Suzi Perry :facelick: Phwoar!

52Paddy
22nd December 2012, 12:07
Not happy about this. I liked Jake's attitude and he learned the ropes very quickly. I feel like he should have been head-honcho on the BBC front for a few more years as he was really settling into a groove.

MAX_THRUST
22nd December 2012, 16:32
Sadly Jake has gone from the BBC. He did a great job. Now as for his replacement. Kick in the teeth for Jakes stand in the last couple of seasons, to be ignored for Susie. Don't like her. She irritates me. I would rather have Jeremy Clarkson. Hope the racing is goo and we don't have to watch to much of her.

Mark
22nd December 2012, 17:58
Eh? Jake is leaving of his own accord. He hasn't been fired.

jonny hurlock
22nd December 2012, 18:42
Jake gone to BT because 10 live Grand Prixs on BBC, not alot of live football coverage on the Beeb and that would go to Gary Linker and also his having a child, so why stay at the Beeb for that and go to BT for live Football and a better schedule, I know my choice would be. Anyway good luck to Suzi Perry.

Mark
22nd December 2012, 19:31
The child being the important thing here. You can't be away from home for half the year when you've got a kid.

Natalie.S
23rd December 2012, 15:07
One more reason to watch F1 on SKY
Lee will be disappointed. I hope she joins Brundle at SKY

acescribe
24th December 2012, 10:16
One more reason to watch F1 on SKY
Lee will be disappointed. I hope she joins Brundle at SKY

Lee will continue to do the same job she has done well in the pits (and let us not forget she did it for A1GP prior to F1)

Sky's line up is unchanged for the new season

IceWizard
2nd January 2013, 23:15
Excellent choice. No one could ever replace Jake but I do think they have got the best possible candidate for the job. I am a little surprised that Suzie herself wanted the gig given that her first love is bikes, but no complaints here. I'm sure she will prove to be much better in the role than her opposite number on Sky.