PDA

View Full Version : Valsecchi next in line for Grosjean’s F1 seat

Wasted Talent
16th December 2012, 17:48
http://www.f1-fansite.com/f1-news/f1-report-valsecchi-next-in-line-for-grosjeans-f1-seat/

Surely not.....

Okay Romain made some mistakes last year, and had some bad luck with being in the wrong place at the wrong time (eg Monaco start) but he deserves another season.

Hopefully he will have learnt a lot and will be able to show the pace he showed in the early part of the year (eg could have won in Valencia without the safety), and eliminate the mistakes.

I don't think Valsecchi showed anything like enough over the full GP2 season to warrant the Lotus seat

WT

Nikki Katz
16th December 2012, 19:32
This quote has come from Valsecchi, I imagine that he would see himself as a front-runner, and reminding everyone that he's good won't hurt. I'd be surprised if they did replace Grosjean that it'd go to Valsecchi though. Valsecchi does deserve an F1 seat, but so do a lot of people, and he's been generally outperformed by Grosjean in junior formulae.

With the rumours of the team being sold, I'd be surprised if we got an announcement about the second Lotus driver any time soon.

tfp
16th December 2012, 23:13
I say give him half a season and if he doesnt perform, kick him out of the seat. The guy has some serious potential, but obviously, makes a lot of mistakes.

acescribe
17th December 2012, 18:25
What future there is for the current GP2 Champ... maybe third driver role at Lotus, but they confirmed Grosjean today.

Nikki Katz
17th December 2012, 21:20
Heh, I'm getting good at this predicting stuff incorrectly lark :)

Tazio
17th December 2012, 23:58
Heh, I'm getting good at this predicting stuff incorrectly lark :) Not bad, but my prediction before the start of the 2012 season that Christien Klien will come storming back into F1 has you bettered. No contest :s pin:

Prisoner Monkeys
18th December 2012, 04:27
What future there is for the current GP2 Champ...
There isn't one, really. Valsecchi's problem is that it took him five years to win the title, and he did it in a year when the GP2 talent pool was particularly shallow.

Wasted Talent
18th December 2012, 13:13
Glad to see Grosjean has kept his seat!

WT

Tazio
18th December 2012, 16:17
+1

keysersoze
20th December 2012, 15:49
I'm speculating that Lotus had little intention of getting rid of Romain. They merely wanted to drive home a serious point--"We're intent on you listening to, and learning from, criticism"--and holding onto his un-signed contract was a brilliant stroke of psychological manipulation. Now RG seems as if he genuinely recognizes that he needs to change his approach.

We shall see . . .