PDA

View Full Version : Turkey to return for 2013?

Wasted Talent
5th December 2012, 13:31
Well Bernie is over there negotiating.

Ecclestone heads to Turkey for negotiations* (http://thef1times.com/news/display/07056)

One of the best new tracks so it would be great to see Turkey return, especially as it would mean we are back to 20 rounds for 2013

WT

Natalie.S
5th December 2012, 22:56
Great track I like it :)

IceWizard
5th December 2012, 23:04
As Tilkedromes go it's not bad, but I would rather see a replacement race at somewhere with a motorsport heritage i.e France.

Natalie.S
5th December 2012, 23:11
Would like that too but there's no money in France for a race at the moment it seems

dj_bytedisaster
6th December 2012, 00:12
As Tilkedromes go it's not bad, but I would rather see a replacement race at somewhere with a motorsport heritage i.e France.

I hope you don't have Circuit de Never in mind :s

N. Jones
6th December 2012, 01:25
Well Bernie is over there negotiating.

Ecclestone heads to Turkey for negotiations* (http://thef1times.com/news/display/07056)

One of the best new tracks so it would be great to see Turkey return, especially as it would mean we are back to 20 rounds for 2013

WT

Works for me!

Ranger
6th December 2012, 03:06
As far as viable alternatives go, Austria would also be good.

i_max2k2
6th December 2012, 05:52
I'd rather have the French GP come back then Turkey.

aykutbilir
6th December 2012, 07:37
Its possible that we have a race at Istanbul Park at 2013. New owner of the circuit have a deal with Ecc. But the main issue is the money that come from Turkish Goverment. If anyone remember it was 13,5 million dolars at 2011. And ecc want 26 million dollars for 2012 and more but Goverment didint accept it. Vural Ak (the new owner of Istanbul Park) told to press that he believes Ecc will come to 20 million dolar for the deal so that can be paid.

Hope we can have a deal and enjoy F1 at 2013 :)

AndyL
6th December 2012, 10:36
Would like that too but there's no money in France for a race at the moment it seems

Recession or not, I bet they would get a lot more paying punters through the gate than they do in Turkey. I think there is plenty of money in France for a race. What there might not be money for is to pay Bernie's vig.

dj_bytedisaster
6th December 2012, 10:46
Why not Austria. The current Constructors champion is an Austrian team ;)

And it would be an opportunity for some epic trolling. Imagine Ferrari winning on the one track all year, where the crowd actually wants to see RB win :D

MAX_THRUST
6th December 2012, 11:13
Isnt Paul Riccard circuit owend by Bernie? I guess he doesn't want to pay his own fees. France or Austria makes the most sense, as both would attract spectators from surrounding areas. Turkey dosn't seem to attract any spectators worth noting.

I am evil Homer
6th December 2012, 12:53
A nice track in completely the wrong place. Good racing with a duller than dull atmosphere IMO. I won't be bothered if it doesn't come back.

Given that 99% of F1s audience is on the TV I couldn't give a hoot about the atmosphere...I want to see those boards bottoming out around turn 8 ;)

truefan72
6th December 2012, 14:11
a great track that deserves to be on the calendar.
maybe with better terms and cheaper ticket prices, they could see packed stands return

on a side note F1 has trademarked the Austrina GP: Formula 1 - Return of Austrian GP comes a step closer - Yahoo! Eurosport UK (http://eurosport.yahoo.com/news/formula-1-return-austrian-gp-comes-step-closer-122203208.html)
While a return to Austria would be nice, I will be patient until they actually make the track longer (back to its pre-shortened glorious form)
spielberg is a beautiful and glorious location. An F1 worthy sweeping track there would be perfect.

Big Ben
6th December 2012, 14:19
The track is great so I'm all for it coming back. There are other tracks that I'd rather see gone before Turkey.

Wasted Talent
6th December 2012, 15:27
Why not Austria. The current Constructors champion is an Austrian team ;)

Ha-ha

WT

Wasted Talent
6th December 2012, 15:30
a great track that deserves to be on the calendar.
maybe with better terms and cheaper ticket prices, they could see packed stands return

on a side note F1 has trademarked the Austrina GP: Formula 1 - Return of Austrian GP comes a step closer - Yahoo! Eurosport UK (http://eurosport.yahoo.com/news/formula-1-return-austrian-gp-comes-step-closer-122203208.html)
While a return to Austria would be nice, I will be patient until they actually make the track longer (back to its pre-shortened glorious form)
spielberg is a beautiful and glorious location. An F1 worthy sweeping track there would be perfect.

The old Österreichring would be perfect!

WT

ShiftingGears
6th December 2012, 16:31

This was the 2005 Proposal using parts of the Osterreichring but it never eventuated.

http://theracingline.net/racingcircuits/Austria/A1-Ring%202005%20Proposal.gif

Wasted Talent
6th December 2012, 20:15
This was the 2005 Proposal using parts of the Osterreichring but it never eventuated.

Looks like a quick circuit, would be especially good considering the elevation changes as well

WT

wedge
6th December 2012, 21:06
It's got point and squirt written all over it.

I used to like defend the track but thwnks to YT I'm swayed to the 'murdered by Tilke brigade' especially seeing thwt proposal as the original owners had a small amount of land to work with.

truefan72
6th December 2012, 23:15

yes, sadly it never happened
If they do lengthen the track, this should be it.
This would be a fast track

truefan72
6th December 2012, 23:18
This was the original track, too awesome,

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/4c/%C3%96sterreichring.svg/532px-%C3%96sterreichring.svg.png

not enough run off area though for modern F1 cars
if it did have this set up, it would rival spa as my favorite track

rjbetty
9th December 2012, 21:39
Have to say I dig the A1 ring in it's 97-2003 format. I never knew the old Osterreichring, though I did play it on Grand Prix 2 a few months back... ;)

All I know is that every race I watched there, was never a boring one for the season it was in. All the races were more interesting than most in the season they took place in.

And I totally agree with whoever said they loved that camera view looking up from the kerb in the final turn, and all the cars kinda drive over it! That shot was always brilliant!

I remember it was always slated for not being the same, but I liked it. Not at all bad for a Tilke track. I like that it's a short lap, and point and squirt with straights. It's actually a bit DIFFERENT to other tracks, and I feel the place, with it's scenery and all, does actually have a little SOUL, which is much needed now.

I'm not too impressed with that 2005 proposal above - now I DO recognise THAT as Tilke's handiwork... :(

And yes, if the track were to return, Dr Marko and co would probably be even more smug and insufferable than usual, but I can handle it. I'm not a huge fan of Red Bull - their team has actually kinda put me off the product a little, though it's mainly the price along with the health concerns which has done that. :)

As a thought, I've just realised where is F1 going that I actually feel I MISS the Magny-Cours track?!!! But if we have to go to France, please let's go to Paul Ricard! I never saw that place (only followed F1 since end of 90s). It looks like it has more history and soul to it than Magny.

truefan72
9th December 2012, 23:33
Have to say I dig the A1 ring in it's 97-2003 format. I never knew the old Osterreichring, though I did play it on Grand Prix 2 a few months back... ;)

All I know is that every race I watched there, was never a boring one for the season it was in. All the races were more interesting than most in the season they took place in.

And I totally agree with whoever said they loved that camera view looking up from the kerb in the final turn, and all the cars kinda drive over it! That shot was always brilliant!

I remember it was always slated for not being the same, but I liked it. Not at all bad for a Tilke track. I like that it's a short lap, and point and squirt with straights. It's actually a bit DIFFERENT to other tracks, and I feel the place, with it's scenery and all, does actually have a little SOUL, which is much needed now.

I'm not too impressed with that 2005 proposal above - now I DO recognise THAT as Tilke's handiwork... :(

And yes, if the track were to return, Dr Marko and co would probably be even more smug and insufferable than usual, but I can handle it. I'm not a huge fan of Red Bull - their team has actually kinda put me off the product a little, though it's mainly the price along with the health concerns which has done that. :)

As a thought, I've just realised where is F1 going that I actually feel I MISS the Magny-Cours track?!!! But if we have to go to France, please let's go to Paul Ricard! I never saw that place (only followed F1 since end of 90s). It looks like it has more history and soul to it than Magny.

agree with everything except magny cours
much prefer it to paul ricard, which is completely souless