PDA

View Full Version : Music that ladies listen to

Rudy Tamasz
4th December 2012, 07:23
At some point I had to start supplying music to my wife. Otherwise she would just turn on FM radio in the car and our FM stations are among the worst in the world. But then my taste ranging from Bach to metal to crazy jazz rock fusion is not everybody's cup of tea, either. First I bought a couple of Bryan Adams' records, which she reportedly listened to while in school. That worked well. Joe Cocker and Rod Stewart followed. I figured she liked adult pop rock sung in a bluesy manner with a raspy voice. When she heard Phil Collins, she said his voice was too sugary and the music was too slick.

Her latest discovery was Clapton. She was browsing Web in search of a new rigntone for her phone and found a sample of "Cocaine". I downloaded the original Clapton's version from "Slowhand" for and she quite liked it. She downloaded a couple more songs and then asked why I did not have any Clapton records at all. Now I guess the next CD I buy will be some Clapton's collection.

What music do your ladies like?

pino
4th December 2012, 09:09
Ronḍ Veneziano, Micheal Buble, Adam Lambert, Eros Ramazzotti, Eagles, America...just to name a few ;)

pino
4th December 2012, 09:57
In the last 3 years I have also been playing loads of Irish music from Altan, Lunasa, Kila, Flook etc... She love it :D

gadjo_dilo
4th December 2012, 10:28
I loudly protest against this thread as it's prohibitive for me.

Mintexmemory
4th December 2012, 10:56

Because it smells of rampant male prejudice or because you are too busy listening to boy bands?

Rudy Tamasz
4th December 2012, 11:24

No problem. Let us redefine the thread. What music do ladies listen to?

ShiftingGears
4th December 2012, 11:31

From my facebook feed from when they were in Sydney: Coldplay. Yawn.

Donney
4th December 2012, 11:36
Adele, seems to be a perfect choice...

gadjo_dilo
4th December 2012, 11:41

Hmm....That don't help much.

Lady = a woman who is refined, polite, and well-spoken
Definitely I don't match this category.

And I don't think that any of the girls/women I know can be labeled as ladies....

I can't answer this Q. ;(

Mintexmemory
4th December 2012, 12:37
Hmm....That don't help much.

Lady = a woman who is refined, polite, and well-spoken
Definitely I don't match this category.

And I don't think that any of the girls/women I know can be labeled as ladies....

I can't answer this Q. ;(

OK we get the message, just put you down for: It's raining men, Girls just wanna have fun and Feel like a Woman ;)

gadjo_dilo
4th December 2012, 13:22
Nah....It's worse than that as you can see in "What are you currently listerning to" thread.
But still I like them....

schmenke
4th December 2012, 14:32
When the missus is driving the radio is more often than not tuned to local AM talk radio :s . When I'm driving it's XM alternative or indie :s mokin:
When the kids are in the van it's Disney Radio :mark: .

Mintexmemory
4th December 2012, 15:12
When the missus is driving the radio is more often than not tuned to local AM talk radio :s . When I'm driving it's XM alternative or indie :s mokin:
When the kids are in the van it's Disney Radio :mark: .
1-2 a 1-2-3 -It's a small world after all

schmenke
4th December 2012, 16:39
No. More like Selena Gomez and somebody named China :s

chac47
4th December 2012, 21:42
What I listen to very much depends on my mood :confused: :dozey: :mad: :p :kiss: which may change frequently ;)

gadjo_dilo
5th December 2012, 08:05
I felt humiliated by my best friend when I saw she had a Goran Bregovic CD in her car.
Although I reckon it's an interesting experience to drive listerning to a song like Kalashnikov:
Boom, boom, boom, boom, boom
kutz, kutz ehy ja
Boom, boom, boom, boom, boom
Kana hi naj kutz, kutz ehy ja
Devla.....
Kalashnikov, kalashnikov
Eeeeeeh...

TheFamousEccles
6th December 2012, 03:04
My better half is fairly ecclectic - she is into Prodigy, Kitty Daisy and Lewis, Kimbra, Flamenco guitar (she dances), Salsa (dancing again), The Living End, and show tunes! The list could go on and on. Hard to nail down, but that's why I love her... :s pin: