PDA

View Full Version : Newbie introduction :)

paul2129
28th November 2012, 19:11
I'm a new member here, interested of course in watching motorsport, but also interested in taking part, and I wonder how I might do this, initially at reasonable cost. I know of people who 'really know' how to drive a car on the road, and the knowledge of how to do this must come from the abuse of cars over the years, and the knowledge gained to be able to drive something decent to a fairly high standard, for instance, my current car, bieng VAG group, and 'drive by wire' won't entertain heel-and-toe, so without something more suitable, I cannot practice an essential technique for what I would consider is 'proper' driving. Can anyone suggest what might be a suitable direction to follow, initially to spectate, and the intention to partake (for a few thousand pounds of investment) with which I might gain some real performance driving experience ? I can buy something to take on a trailer to events most ideally, as my current car suits me for day to day usuage. Any advice would be most appraciated. I 'Could' do track days with my current car, but it's not really what I would want to abuse, and at £6000 ish value..... I'd rather invest hundreds or early thousands in order to learn my first lessons in motorsport

any advice, or even just idea's on what I could go and watch in amateur motorsports, where I may seek further advice

many thanks for your help in advance

Paul

Firstgear
28th November 2012, 20:01
Welcome Paul.

I think you may have a bit of trouble getting an initial response to your post, as you may be mistaken for one of a number of newbie spammers that have popped up lately.

There are some guys here though that should be able to give you some good advice (not me though). The only advice I can give you is to do a search on the forum, as there have been others in the past with the same type of question as yours. Check out a thread titled "Starting Out" here in chit chat on about page 3 or 4. It may help you get started.

Donney
29th November 2012, 15:09
Hi newbie :beer:

paul2129
2nd December 2012, 12:59
thanks for the replies :)

algoarallyclub@gmail.com
11th December 2012, 15:22
Hi there

Neels here from Algoa Rally Club in Port Elizabeth, South Africa. Nice to meet you all!

donKey jote
11th December 2012, 19:49
hmm... :andrea:

20th February 2013, 14:32
Hi! I am new to the board and I just wanted to introduce myself. Maybe you can all introduce yourself back so we can kind of get to know each other?
I am motorsport lover.I just found this forum at google.I seen some interesting threads and posts so I thought I would sign up.

EuroTroll
20th February 2013, 15:13
Hey there, Aidan! :wave:

Here's hoping you turn out to be a good contributing member, and are not here to advertise something. :beer:

Starter
20th February 2013, 15:32
Hi! I am new to the board and I just wanted to introduce myself. Maybe you can all introduce yourself back so we can kind of get to know each other?
I am motorsport lover.I just found this forum at google.I seen some interesting threads and posts so I thought I would sign up.
Welcome.

21st February 2013, 18:25
Thanks man...nice to meet with you...

steveaki13
21st February 2013, 22:00
Welcome Both.