PDA

View Full Version : Thierry Neuville

MJW
27th November 2012, 15:32
Is he confirmed at Citroen for 2013? I heared Citroen offerd him 9 rounds and after that there was speculation that he could be joining MSport. Now with wrc.com announcing that the full line up at Qatar MSport will be known in the next few days I was wondering what people think. I can see some connection as he was in the Qatar Team this year and as far as I know was well liked by Nasser, as he gave hime some extra drives and he would compliment Mads with Thierry's tarmac performace complimenting Mads weakness on this surface. However, I think that being Belgian his connections with Yves Matton, would outweigh any possible move to drive a Ford, also he has been a product of the PSA system for some with his C2, DS3, 207 etc, also he is too young to go for a championship so a 9 event programme for Citroen on events that he would find more difficult, i.e not tarmac when Loeb will be driving, will ultimately make him a better driver, just in time to lead Peugeot's return when Citroen go WTCC.

dupanton
27th November 2012, 15:59
Is he confirmed at Citroen for 2013? I heared Citroen offerd him 9 rounds and after that there was speculation that he could be joining MSport. Now with wrc.com announcing that the full line up at Qatar MSport will be known in the next few days I was wondering what people think. I can see some connection as he was in the Qatar Team this year and as far as I know was well liked by Nasser, as he gave hime some extra drives and he would compliment Mads with Thierry's tarmac performace complimenting Mads weakness on this surface. However, I think that being Belgian his connections with Yves Matton, would outweigh any possible move to drive a Ford, also he has been a product of the PSA system for some with his C2, DS3, 207 etc, also he is too young to go for a championship so a 9 event programme for Citroen on events that he would find more difficult, i.e not tarmac when Loeb will be driving, will ultimately make him a better driver, just in time to lead Peugeot's return when Citroen go WTCC.

It is a difficult choice for Thierry (if he has a choice):
Citroën +: he knows the team, they trust him, Yves Matton, can learn without pressure
Citroën -: They have got 2 drivers now who can continue for a number of years. If they do good next year, who will they set aside when Thierry is ready for a factory seat in 2014

MSport +: Nasser really seams to love him, can do probably all the rounds of the WRC
MSport -: Is there a future for MSport in WRC?, can they keep developing the car?

So, difficult choise... Peugeot hasn't been confirmed in WRC when Citroën leaves neither!

kirungi okwogera
30th November 2012, 19:07
It is a difficult choice for Thierry (if he has a choice):
Citroën +: he knows the team, they trust him, Yves Matton, can learn without pressure
Citroën -: They have got 2 drivers now who can continue for a number of years. If they do good next year, who will they set aside when Thierry is ready for a factory seat in 2014

MSport +: Nasser really seams to love him, can do probably all the rounds of the WRC
MSport -: Is there a future for MSport in WRC?, can they keep developing the car?

So, difficult choise... Peugeot hasn't been confirmed in WRC when Citroën leaves neither!

I think it's a no-brainer choice - he has been chosen just as Loeb, Ogier, Sordo were chosen, by the most successful team, to drive and learn without pressure at the highest level. He knows he's not at the level of Ogier when he left for VW, or Sordo when he left for Mini. So give it a year and see where he is then. If he ends up doing anything else this year he should fire his management and hire me. 9 rallies isn't the best, but the alternatives have some bigger drawbacks.

Francis44
30th November 2012, 19:08
Neuville dosen't deserve his own thread...... yet ;) .

Brother John
1st December 2012, 11:35
Neuville dosen't deserve his own thread...... yet ;) .

:p Do you mean that only drivers that were ever champion deserve their own Thread? So I have to remove many threads currently..... :laugh:

A.F.F.
1st December 2012, 15:44
Do not touch my threads of Jani Paasonen!!!!!

r199
23rd December 2012, 11:34
http://sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/188639_576958418984158_980824352_n.jpg

Kielder
26th December 2012, 10:16
I can't understand how Citroen didn't realise...

http://i47.tinypic.com/29wocc0.jpg

Prisoner Monkeys
26th December 2012, 10:45
http://sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/188639_576958418984158_980824352_n.jpg
I wonder what the sign at the entry to the town of Novikov looks like ...

tommeke_B
26th December 2012, 11:51
It's not Neuville his town, it's actually almost 200kms from where he lives (Sankt-Vith). ;)

Sulland
9th October 2015, 22:39
If he is to leave Hyundai, where to go of Ford or Citroen?

N.O.T
9th October 2015, 22:53
Toyota

EightGear
9th October 2015, 23:16
Toyota

Not if he's not interested in developing a car.

danon
9th October 2015, 23:26
This vid reminds me of someone... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFAXZU8YFsk

N.O.T
9th October 2015, 23:44
Not if he's not interested in developing a car.

then its better to go home... any car needs development especially if you are crap at winning with it.

AL14
10th October 2015, 00:02
Well if the alternative is Ford it's better if he stays in Hyundai... unless M-Sport get a sponsor. Toyota I think it is his last choice because he doesn't want to risk with another "new entry". The only left is Citroen but we don't know if they will stay in 2017.

In my opinion he should stay in Hyundai that is still a strong manufacturer with a proper budget from the brand company.

danon
10th October 2015, 00:34
Toyota - any time, especially at this very moment but in his case it doesn't matter much because he is not a winner and will never be one. Home alone.

EightGear
12th October 2015, 17:51
Thierry is being demoted to #20 in Wales, Paddon moving up to the main team again.

tommeke_B
12th October 2015, 17:55
Maybe Thierry signed the team Hyundai is competing against for the manufacturer title?

EstWRC
12th October 2015, 17:59
This is very interesting if it is true

tommeke_B
12th October 2015, 18:09
This is very interesting if it is true

It's official, Hyundai sent out a press release. They will have 4 cars in Wales. #7 Sordo, #8 Paddon, #10 Abbring and #20 Neuville.

EightGear
12th October 2015, 18:12
Yes, this is their official statement:

We’ve announced a change to our driver line-up for Wales Rally GB with Thierry NEUVILLE moving to the #20 car. The decision has been made between Thierry, Nicolas Gilsoul and the team to help him regain confidence in the car and to support our push for second in the Manufacturers’ Championship. Hyundai Shell World Rally Team for Wales Rally GB will be Dani Sordo (#7), Hayden Paddon (#8). Hyundai Mobis World Rally Team will be Thierry Neuville (#20) and Kevin Abbring (#10).

Thierry said: “For me, the decision to move to the #20 car for Wales Rally GB will free me up from any Championship pressure and allow me to focus solely on my own driving. This will be important as I strive to regain my confidence ahead of 2016.”

Our Team Manager Alain Penasse said: “We have not reached this decision lightly but after a long and open discussion with Thierry and Nicolas. Everyone in the team is 100% behind Thierry and we feel this is the right decision to take for Wales Rally GB.”

Simmi
12th October 2015, 19:08
Really interesting news.

You don't reboot someone's confidence by dropping them from the works team. Those quotes are pure PR - likely not anything that's ever come out of the mouth of Thierry.

Don't know what to make of it but for sure there is more to this than meets the eye.

Fast Eddie WRC
12th October 2015, 19:57
Strange one seeing as TN finished 3rd & 4th the last two years on Rally GB.

There's more to this...

EightGear
12th October 2015, 20:03
Strange one seeing as TN finished 3rd & 4th the last two years on Rally GB.

There's more to this...

And you'd expect them to demote Sordo rather than Neuville if it's only about 2nd position in the manu standings. But they say it isn't only about that.

Lot's of room for interpretation I guess.

Lord_Shaitan
12th October 2015, 20:30
Yes, statement is a pure PR garbage and tells simply nothing.

I'm just wondering... Has he just signed with Citroen?

Simmi
12th October 2015, 20:37
Yes, statement is a pure PR garbage and tells simply nothing.

I'm just wondering... Has he just signed with Citroen?

You are not the only person wondering this. In a way I would quite like it to be true as it would be a statement of intent from Citroen. I think this move from Hyundai will almost ensure now that Neuville finishes third or fourth. Certainly the top Hyundai in Wales. Even a below-par Thierry has to be a better bet for points than Sordo in Wales. Okay Paddon has done the rally five times before but he is a bit of an unknown still.

danon
12th October 2015, 22:00
Neuville's biggest nightmare is called Hayden Paddon.
Neuville's biggest enemy is his princess ego.
Ever since Paddon pops up at Hyundai,
Neuville goes down, down, down...

Antony Warmbold once said - my money's on Paddon.

I would add to it - my money too.

turves
12th October 2015, 23:02
Paddon also gets the PR side of things, Neuville not so...

Lundefaret
13th October 2015, 01:35
By this "agreement" with Neuville, I think Hyundai will be able to reach several objectives.

Neuville, a high paid number one driver, has under performed this season - with only few highlights. Hyundai has to do something, and with Pardons rise to form, and the second place in the constructers as a convincing alibi, they have the room they need to act. I dont think Hyundai has lost faith in Neuville, at least not completely, so they do this to:

1) Actually take some pressure of Neuvilles shoulders. Whit out factory points to fight for, and no other responsibility, Neuville can concentrate on driving a good rally, getting his confidence back, and also getting Hyundais confidence back in Neuville.

2) Send a message to Neuville: "You are not irreplaceable, get in line, and get Your act together."

3) Test Haydon Paddons ability to take the extra pressure of being an official factory driver, scoring factory points. And giving him as best as chance as possible by doing it on an event he can go very well.

4) Actually try to get second in the constructors, because they actually believe Paddon will place higher than Neuville.

5) Test if Neuville will go faster when he doesn't have to score points, because he has said that Pardons lesser responsibility (and starting position) is the reasons for his speed.

In my opinion:
The driving technique of Neuville needs adjustment if he is going to get back to the top, especially since he is now driving a car that is more "French" than the benign M-Sport Ford.
And the driver needs to focus less on his Spy glasses and his Superdry T-shirts, and more on taking on the task of becoming a World Champion by attacking it with a humble an motivated attitude (by practising a lot of driving technique, pace notes, etc.)

Its understandably easy to get a little off track when You reach success as fast as Neuville did, so You can't really blame him. And not being in the factory Volkswagen, You can always blame the car for the lack of pace. But when a less experienced team mate starts to regularly outpace You, then Your illusions should take a tumble. And I hope that Neuville doesn't "blame" all of Paddons pace on starting positions, gets back to the drawing board, and gets back in the fight.

WUff1
13th October 2015, 06:44
If he really signed Citroen, that would be good, because then Citroen will stay in WRC.

Jasper
13th October 2015, 08:50
By this "agreement" with Neuville, I think Hyundai will be able to reach several objectives.

4) Actually try to get second in the constructors, because they actually believe Paddon will place higher than Neuville.

This objective is a bit strange, no? If they want te get second in the manufacturers championship they have to replace Sordo in Wales and not Neuville. The last three years Sordo did 1x Wales (7th after Prokop, i must say with penalty of 5min, otherwise he was 6th).

It all sounds a bit silly to me. Looking forward to MC 2016.

ruesluporp
13th October 2015, 10:22
Don't you see that Hyundai is in big trouble?

- the new car was to begin in 2015 (it will be 2016),
- Paul Murphy (ex M-Sport) left the team before this summer,
- Penasse said awful things about Neuville in August,
- Nino Frison (ex TTE, Suzuki, F1) left the team in September...

Maybe Neuville doesn't want to live another bad year with a wheelbarrow? The declaration we have seen are only political correctness!

denkimi
13th October 2015, 15:50
1. Sébastien Ogier 238
2. Jari-Matti Latvala 160
3. Andreas Mikkelsen 126
4. Mads Østberg 98
5. Thierry Neuville 86
6. Kris Meeke 1+3 83
7. Elfyn Evans 81
8. Hayden Paddon 66
9. Ott Tanak 63
10. Dani Sordo 62

people here only seem to remember the last rally. neuville is doing what could reasonably expected from him, fighting for 4th. some talk about paddon doing a better job, but paddon still is 20 points behind.

it may look like neuville has a bad season, but that's only because the expectations are to high.

AL14
13th October 2015, 16:10
1. Sébastien Ogier 238
2. Jari-Matti Latvala 160
3. Andreas Mikkelsen 126
4. Mads Østberg 98
5. Thierry Neuville 86
6. Kris Meeke 1+3 83
7. Elfyn Evans 81
8. Hayden Paddon 66
9. Ott Tanak 63
10. Dani Sordo 62

people here only seem to remember the last rally. neuville is doing what could reasonably expected from him, fighting for 4th. some talk about paddon doing a better job, but paddon still is 20 points behind.

it may look like neuville has a bad season, but that's only because the expectations are to high.

From Mexico till now Paddon and Neuville share the same points: 56. Please note that in this count there are also two asphalt rallys where Paddon is highly unexperienced and also that Paddon get the wheel shift only from Sardinia and the same car as Neuville only from Germany.

As for the "too high" expectactions of course everybody expected more than this, he is paid a lot of money and this year car is still better than last year's.
We are talking about a guy who said clearly he wants to become a world champion. Do you expect 6th places from this kind of guy?

He got two podiums against the three of 2014 and ,results apart, his pace is clearly worse. Just look at his stage times and overall distance from the leaders.

leo2400
13th October 2015, 17:35
Toyota I think it is his last choice because he doesn't want to risk with another new entry, the only left is Citroen but we don't know if they will stay in 2019.

Simmi
13th October 2015, 17:50
While in one sense the championship table doesn't lie, as AL14 said Neuville has clearly regressed this year.

There is no way he should be setting such mediocre times and getting beaten by Paddon in the same car, given their comparative WRC car experience.

Lord_Shaitan
13th October 2015, 21:40
http://www.worldrallyisfree.com/2015/10/12/neuville-descend-en-team-b-hyundai/
Apparently Chris Meeke has visited Hyundai's headquarter in Alzenau... It seems Citroen and Hyundai may switch the drivers.

car
13th October 2015, 22:26

Neuville, a high paid number one driver, has under performed this season - with only few highlights. Hyundai has to do something, and with Pardons rise to form, and the second place in the constructers as a convincing alibi, they have the room they need to act. I dont think Hyundai has lost faith in Neuville, at least not completely, so they do this to:

1) Actually take some pressure of Neuvilles shoulders. Whit out factory points to fight for, and no other responsibility, Neuville can concentrate on driving a good rally, getting his confidence back, and also getting Hyundais confidence back in Neuville.

2) Send a message to Neuville: "You are not irreplaceable, get in line, and get Your act together."

3) Test Haydon Paddons ability to take the extra pressure of being an official factory driver, scoring factory points. And giving him as best as chance as possible by doing it on an event he can go very well.

5) Test if Neuville will go faster when he doesn't have to score points, because he has said that Pardons lesser responsibility (and starting position) is the reasons for his speed.

In my opinion:
The driving technique of Neuville needs adjustment if he is going to get back to the top, especially since he is now driving a car that is more "French" than the benign M-Sport Ford.
And the driver needs to focus less on his Spy glasses and his Superdry T-shirts, and more on taking on the task of becoming a World Champion by attacking it with a humble an motivated attitude (by practising a lot of driving technique, pace notes, etc.)

Its understandably easy to get a little off track when You reach success as fast as Neuville did, so You can't really blame him. And not being in the factory Volkswagen, You can always blame the car for the lack of pace. But when a less experienced team mate starts to regularly outpace You, then Your illusions should take a tumble. And I hope that Neuville doesn't "blame" all of Paddons pace on starting positions, gets back to the drawing board, and gets back in the fight.

Great post.

rallyace
13th October 2015, 22:30
http://www.worldrallyisfree.com/2015/10/12/neuville-descend-en-team-b-hyundai/
Apparently Chris Meeke has visited Hyundai's headquarter in Alzenau... It seems Citroen and Hyundai may switch the drivers.

Now THIS could make things very interesting...

Great post.

I agree. Lundefaret always writes great posts. :)

Toyoda
13th October 2015, 23:23
Can some one translate this
"Du côté de l’Allemagne, on aurait aperçu Kris Meeke en visite dans les locaux Hyundai. Va-t-on vers un échange Neuville – Meeke entre les 2 équipes ?"

In google translate it uses the words "would have been seen" which is obviously far different to "has been seen"

Cheers

AL14
13th October 2015, 23:35
The conditional verb form should be forbidden to all the journalists in order to live everybody in a better world.

ruesluporp
14th October 2015, 06:06
Can some one translate this
"Du côté de l’Allemagne, on aurait aperçu Kris Meeke en visite dans les locaux Hyundai. Va-t-on vers un échange Neuville – Meeke entre les 2 équipes ?"

In google translate it uses the words "would have been seen" which is obviously far different to "has been seen"

Cheers

I am a french-speaking belgian: the correct translation is "In Germany, one would have seen Meeke visiting Hyundai facility. Are we going to a swap (Neuville - Meeke) between the two teams?".

Simmi
14th October 2015, 13:38
Very vague and unclear then. I think if Meeke had visited Hyundai you'd write that story - not include it as a throwaway line.

Lundefaret
14th October 2015, 17:49
To the French speaking, what is said about Neuville in this august interview with Penasse?

http://www.rtbf.be/video/detail_alain-penasse-team-manager-hyundai-critique-thierry-neuville-o-gaspard?id=2037573

ruesluporp
14th October 2015, 20:14
To the French speaking, what is said about Neuville in this august interview with Penasse?

http://www.rtbf.be/video/detail_alain-penasse-team-manager-hyundai-critique-thierry-neuville-o-gaspard?id=2037573

It's unbelievable! The Hyundai Team Manager is telling the reporter that Neuville won the ADAC 2014, and that 2015 was not good at all. Penasse says that Neuville was asking for the new car as soon as possible, but in life, you cannot always receive what you ask for instantly???

Toyoda
14th October 2015, 22:42
Very vague and unclear then. I think if Meeke had visited Hyundai you'd write that story - not include it as a throwaway line.

Agreed! that was the point i was making subtly haha

Fast Eddie WRC
15th October 2015, 11:37
TN currently testing the 2016 car

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CRWTmtrWoAAFeed.jpg:large

Fast Eddie WRC
16th October 2015, 13:34
Thierry Neuville ‏@thierryneuville
Good day of development test for 2016 done !

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CRYeWLXVAAAgqcI.jpg:large

Simmi
16th October 2015, 17:54
If Neuville was moving to Citroen next year there's no way they'd still have him working in the 2016 car.

itix
17th October 2015, 04:10
My thoughts exactly. Silly season is not over by far yet! hahahahaha

Lundefaret
17th October 2015, 12:47
Why not?

He already knows the car in and out.
He is a valuable test driver.
Its not much risk of him learning anything new he can take to Citroën.

So why not?

I think Hyundai would miss an opportunity if they did not let Neuville drive the car, even if he was to leave the team.
Almost as big an opportunity as they have missed by not signing in Hirvonen or Grönholm as development drivers.

If Neuville was moving to Citroen next year there's no way they'd still have him working in the 2016 car.

Simmi
17th October 2015, 20:20
Why not?

He already knows the car in and out. - Does he? He's openly admitted he's left the bulk of development to others.
He is a valuable test driver - Is he? I thought the jury was out on his development abilities?
Its not much risk of him learning anything new he can take to Citroën. - Maybe. But it's pretty commonplace to block off drivers who are going elsewhere. What is the incentive for someone to improve a car they won't drive?

So why not? - Well it's the same team who just demoted him for not driving well enough. They don't need to put him in the car given the amount of drivers they have under contract. The rationale being that he isn't going to do the best job.

My answers above. Just trying to play devil's advocate really. To me this is an indication he is staying put next year.

Lundefaret
18th October 2015, 16:17
My answers above. Just trying to play devil's advocate really. To me this is an indication he is staying put next year.

If it was 100% sure that Neuville was leaving, maybe he wouldn't be on this test. But it would be a very bad tactical move to let him go now, before Hyundai tries out some variables with both Neuville and Paddon. They have a lot invested in Neuville, and if the GB is what he needs to wake up, they can work further together.

But still Hyundai would not do their job properly if they didn't search out the market for alternatives. Kris Meeke is the obvious answer, but other things like having Mikko Hirvonen in a support role would also be a step in the right direction.

Hyundai has a challenge with a team with no really experienced development driver (including Sordo who I got a feeling that when in Citroën it was more about doing his job and not be vocal - than anything else), so they don't really know the speed of their car.

Sordo has his best stage times when he in post stage interviews complains about understeering. And more often than not, the tarmac specialist has them in very slippery muddy conditions.

Neuville has stage times all over the place, with a very declining trend. He comes from a Ford which most probably is the easiest car to drive in the WRC, to a Hyundai with more of a French approach. This can muddle the set up, because if Hyundai are trying to make a "French-fast" car, ie. lower roll centre, stiffer in roll etc, and Neuville really can't drive that kind of car (this kind of car will feel very understeered to the driver that is not capable of creating the front end grip), they will try to compensate with set up changes.

When the geometry in the car is right, but the driver is wrong for it, You will get some very strange set up solutions to try to better it. The geometry is the foundation. So the car, like its tarmac set up with a strange "top heavy" roll, could be a way to help the drivers making it steer, but all in all a very bad compromise to the speed/set up.
In short: We dont really know what the Hyundai is capable of before Loeb or Ogier drives it - and they won't.

Paddon is a joker, and can also unsettle the set up direction a little bit. He is in the class of Latvala when it comes to shear car handling, and You could give him ha wheel barrow and he would drive the wheel(s) of it. And is the most true Driver in the team.
But he can compensate for any set up shortcomings, and You see also that he does, by driving the Hyundai a little bit "rear-wheel-drive-ish", where You get the pendulum going, and push the car from behind - rather than pull it from the front.

So what do You do as a engineer?
In the blue corner You have Neuville - wearing his Spy glasses, Superdry shirt and sporting a well combed hair cut - complaining about how awful this car is, and that it isn't worth the risk to try and push it to the limits.
And in the Red corner, wearing a Escorth MKII steering wheel around his neck, You have Paddon who just arrived from driving a 750 hp four wheel drive hill climb car that one of his friends built in the shed, and is deeply impressed by the fact that all the team cars are painted in the same color, and by Neuvilles account sets blistering times because he doesn't know any better.

Hiring an outside consultant, preferably Grönholm or Hirvonen would be a very good decision in my mind :)

Look at Paddon driving a home built 750 hp hill climb monster:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjyrCGWoguU

The best driver decision for Hyundai would in my mind be to hire Kris Meeke. He did a lot of development work for Citroën, and has shown great speed in a French car, and him with full thrust from the team - would yield som great performances!

Toyoda
18th October 2015, 23:53
[QUOTE=Lundefaret;1068326].
And in the Red corner, wearing a Escorth MKII steering wheel around his neck, You have Paddon who just arrived from driving a 750 hp four wheel drive hill climb car that one of his friends built in the shed, and is deeply impressed by the fact that all the team cars are painted in the same color, and by Neuvilles account sets blistering times because he doesn't know any better.

Hiring an outside consultant, preferably Grönholm or Hirvonen would be a very good decision in my mind :)

]

Ok, yeap tongue and cheek comment on Hayden from you which maybe accurate, but if I detect some hack kind of sentiment I would say in fact his attitude towards high profile rallying in terms of media, team dynamics etc is much more professional than Nevilles. You watch him come in to service in Ausi, he has everything down to clock work to another level compared with Neville and right from an early age of getting sponsorship, had his shit down. Im sure most top rally drivers have mates who a mechanics building monsters in there garages,

EightGear
19th October 2015, 00:01
Comparing their 'Road to WRC' it sure looks like Paddon had to put more effort into things next to the driving indeed. Neuville got into a (semi-) factory seat in IRC in 2010 which was quite early in his career I believe? Then of course Citroen elevated him from Peugeot in IRC to WRC.

sollitt
19th October 2015, 03:14
Comparing their 'Road to WRC' it sure looks like Paddon had to put more effort into things next to the driving indeed. Neuville got into a (semi-) factory seat in IRC in 2010 which was quite early in his career I believe? Then of course Citroen elevated him from Peugeot in IRC to WRC.This is a factor that is often overlooked.

Neuville contends Paddon is under less pressure not carrying the burden of scoring points and this is the reason for his better results. That's a nonsense. The accumulation of points is not a pressure, it is simply the bi-product of doing the job he's paid to do.

When what you do with a rally car this weekend has a direct impact on whether you have an opportunity to do it again next weekend and whether or not you can continue to earn a livelihood ... that is pressure. That's the kind of pressure that Paddon and others like him are under week in week out, and has an unquestionable and significant impact on how they drive the car.

Neuville is among the privileged few. Relieved of worries around earnings and of the consequences of mishap, he is free to drive the car to the best of his ability, chance his arm, take risks, go for broke. It's the same privilege Loeb and Ogier have always enjoyed. They embraced the opportunity and used it to their, and their team's, advantage. Neuville appears to either not understand the position he's in and/or is simply not up to the task.
I suspect that Nandan is beginning to wonder whether he signed the wrong guy but, rather than jumping to conclusions, is prepared to shuffle his deck a bit to find out.

Lunde's earlier post hit the nail on the head. There's a number of objectives that could be met with this move for GB which he has described. But there is no purpose sitting Neuville in non points scoring car in the season finale if immediately after the event he has a new employer. This points to Neuville remaining at Hyundai for 2016.

AL14
19th October 2015, 09:22
This pressure thing is a joke. Being in third car does not free him from pressure because now he has no more excuses and the pressure remains the same, if not more.

If Neuville didn't want pressure he should have choosen a different sport.

Lundefaret
19th October 2015, 13:18
[QUOTE=Lundefaret;1068326].

]

Ok, yeap tongue and cheek comment on Hayden from you which maybe accurate, but if I detect some hack kind of sentiment I would say in fact his attitude towards high profile rallying in terms of media, team dynamics etc is much more professional than Nevilles. You watch him come in to service in Ausi, he has everything down to clock work to another level compared with Neville and right from an early age of getting sponsorship, had his shit down. Im sure most top rally drivers have mates who a mechanics building monsters in there garages,

Hello - this is absolutely ment in the best possible way towards Haydon Paddon.

ruesluporp
19th October 2015, 13:28
And what if Neuville knows the 2016 car is not good enough? Hyundai made a lot of weird decisions recently (Frison, Murphy, new car's delay). More, it seems that Nandan is Paddon's agent now, and Pénasse would be Abbring's agent?

And a lot of guys here still think it's only pressure?

Simmi
19th October 2015, 13:34
But there is no purpose sitting Neuville in non points scoring car in the season finale if immediately after the event he has a new employer. This points to Neuville remaining at Hyundai for 2016.

A move to Citroen next year is the only scenario in which it MIGHT make sense to take Neuville out of the points car. In so much as, he's been bad, relationship with Hyundai broken down, and he's taking points off his future team. You could argue that makes sense if the motivation is not there. IF all of that was happening.

But then you see him in the 2016 car testing, and I just think more than likely this (Wales GB situation) is a slightly desperate move from Hyundai to try and help Neuville and help themselves at the same time. I'm not really sure it helps either. Neuville is either going to still be mediocre, or he'll rise to the challenge and out-score his points-scoring team-mates, potentially necessitating more team orders.

As others have said, complaining about the burden of scoring manufacturers points is a nonsense and to me is just mental weakness. sollitt hit the nail on the head by saying it is all part of being a professional. It's what Hyundai are paying him (I assume very handsomely) to do for them.

EightGear
19th October 2015, 13:39
Paddon posted on FB that there will be 'some exciting news' later today. I'm guessing it'll be about his future, maybe we'll know more about Neuville's as well then.

AL14
19th October 2015, 14:28
Paddon posted on FB that there will be 'some exciting news' later today. I'm guessing it'll be about his future, maybe we'll know more about Neuville's as well then.

It is Hyundai contract for sure IMO. That "exciting" means he will get full WRC program for more than one years and maybe will score manufacturer points for gravel rallies, which is what he was aiming for.

Lundefaret
19th October 2015, 14:52
It is Hyundai contract for sure IMO. That "exciting" means he will get full WRC program for more than one years and maybe will score manufacturer points for gravel rallies, which is what he was aiming for.

Sordo is probably on the way out.
This means that Paddon will be the Nr 2 factory driver no matter if Neuville or Meeke is the Nr 1.

dimviii
19th October 2015, 15:24
And what if Neuville knows the 2016 car is not good enough?
Neuville doesnt know how ''good'' is the 2015 car too

And Hyundai made a lot of weird decisions recently (Frison, Murphy, new car's delay). More, it seems that Nandan is Paddon's agent now, and Pénasse would be Abbring's agent?

And a lot of guys here still think it's only pressure?

Hyundais decisions is one point.Neuvilles bad pace for all year is another one.At the same team with these weird decisions is Paddon and Abbring with Sordo.
If he can t handle the pressure,he is not enough for this sport.He is paid to handle the pressure.

AL14
19th October 2015, 16:22

Don't be so sure. They need him on tarmac events and no one of the other manufacturers is going to emply him.
Probably he will not attend a full program but he will stay with them for selected rounds.

2016 spec cars will be only two right? If yes, that will make things harder for him.

Rallyper
19th October 2015, 16:25
This means that Paddon will be the Nr 2 factory driver no matter if Neuville or Meeke is the Nr 1.

That´s my thought too. Room needs for young drivers on their way up. And it´s sorry to say that Sordo has become overaged even if he´s doing well.

turves
19th October 2015, 21:48
Hyundai Motorsport have tweeted that Paddon will join Sordo and Neuville for 2016, and Paddon has tweeted he has a 3 year deal.

Mk2 RS2000
19th October 2015, 21:55
But is he number 1 2 or 3

Lundefaret
19th October 2015, 23:27
But is he number 1 2 or 3

I would guess Neuville nr 1 car, Paddon Nr 2, and Sordo tarmac events (on his way out).
But with the GB decision I still feel its something more lurking here, so time will tell. ;)

traxx
21st October 2015, 11:27

May be this news will help :
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/121424

Leon
22nd October 2015, 12:30
"I was quite negative to the team, the car and myself as well in the last few months, but I have seen that this is not the right way to go. :eek:

http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/october/neuville-energised/page/2906--12-12-.html

N.O.T
22nd October 2015, 12:45
"I was quite negative to the team, the car and myself as well in the last few months, but I have seen that this is not the right way to go. :eek:

http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/october/neuville-energised/page/2906--12-12-.html

another belgian princess in the mix... he should ask hamburger boy duval about the consequences of being one.

KiwiWRCfan
23rd October 2015, 06:02
any French speakers able to provide a translation of this interview with Alain Penasse
http://www.rtbf.be/video/detail_alain-penasse-evoque-l-avenir-de-thierry-neuville-chez-hyundai-o-gaspard?id=2053447

bowler
23rd October 2015, 08:32
Neuville contracted for next year, needs to rebuild his confidence, the media's discussions about meeke are their fantasy

KiwiWRCfan
23rd October 2015, 13:04
Neuville contracted for next year, needs to rebuild his confidence, the media's discussions about meeke are their fantasy
thank you Bowler

tomhlord
25th October 2015, 13:59
The team are fighting for 2nd in the championship. Sordo did his job this weekend and took a podium.

Neuville? Languishing down the order, below Paddon and then throws it off the road 2 stages from home and loses even more time.

As I type this, looks as if Paddon is stopped on the road section so penalties are applied and Thierry moves up the order. But that shouldn't have to be done. The GB switch makes sense at this point.

EstWRC
25th October 2015, 14:13
i'm a fan of him but This man is just so lost that it is unbelievable and it seems he himself doesnt have the answers too. And what i dont understand that some people are still praising him like the wrc rallyradio and of course Wilson would take him anytime back if he would have money instead of Tänak or Evans.

The 2013 season seems to be some kind of enigma.

RAS007
28th October 2015, 02:20
The team are fighting for 2nd in the championship. Sordo did his job this weekend and took a podium.

Neuville? Languishing down the order, below Paddon and then throws it off the road 2 stages from home and loses even more time.

As I type this, looks as if Paddon is stopped on the road section so penalties are applied and Thierry moves up the order. But that shouldn't have to be done. The GB switch makes sense at this point.

Neuville would do well to be a student of his profession, and look back at the history books. Remember Catalunya in 1998, when Toyota nominated Loix for points instead of Auriol? Look that one up, Thierry.

dimviii
6th November 2015, 17:58
Thierry Neuville will be in the first two rallies of the new WRC season certainly all to score points for his employer Hyundai. That team manager Alain Penasse along during a press event in Ruisbroek. However, it is not yet certain that Neuville throughout the year will be able to score for the constructors' championship.

During the last round of the World Rally Championship, the Wales Rally GB, Thierry Neuville is the first time in his career at the Korean Hyundai unchecked to score points for the Manufacturers' standings. Neuville during the second half of the season which sunk and Hyundai wants the 27-year-old Oostkantonner pleasure and confidence back takes. Moreover Hyundai will still win the title vice. Therefore, the New Zealander Hayden Paddon will process a strong season, sit in the car and so Neuville hunt the necessary points.

"If we have to sacrifice in exchange for a vice Thierry title, his team orders possible," said Penasse. But for 2016 Hyundai wants to again count on the Belgian. "We want Neuville gets out of its impasse and in top form at the opening round in Monte-Carlo. He will surely be nominated along with Spaniard Dani Sordo, to pack for Hyundai. In Sweden, Thierry score points for the team, given his performance last year. " Neuville ended there this year an excellent second, a sigh of Volkswagen's French champion Sebastien Ogier. Neuville or the whole championship will be eligible to score manufacturers' championship it is not yet clear. "We need to look at what it says about those regulations nominations, but if it is necessary then we rotate between our three drivers," Penasse decision.

Neuville is looking forward to 2016. Then he will have the new Hyundai i20. "We are working to develop. After the endurance test, we now start tuning the car. The new i20 is certainly faster than the current," said Neuville.

http://www.hln.be/hln/nl/955/Auto--en-Motorsport/article/detail/2515260/2015/11/05/Neuville-enkel-zeker-voor-eerste-twee-WK-manches.dhtml

Duvel
7th November 2015, 07:24
Thierry Neuville will be in the first two rallies of the new WRC season certainly all to score points for his employer Hyundai. That team manager Alain Penasse along during a press event in Ruisbroek. However, it is not yet certain that Neuville throughout the year will be able to score for the constructors' championship.

During the last round of the World Rally Championship, the Wales Rally GB, Thierry Neuville is the first time in his career at the Korean Hyundai unchecked to score points for the Manufacturers' standings. Neuville during the second half of the season which sunk and Hyundai wants the 27-year-old Oostkantonner pleasure and confidence back takes. Moreover Hyundai will still win the title vice. Therefore, the New Zealander Hayden Paddon will process a strong season, sit in the car and so Neuville hunt the necessary points.

"If we have to sacrifice in exchange for a vice Thierry title, his team orders possible," said Penasse. But for 2016 Hyundai wants to again count on the Belgian. "We want Neuville gets out of its impasse and in top form at the opening round in Monte-Carlo. He will surely be nominated along with Spaniard Dani Sordo, to pack for Hyundai. In Sweden, Thierry score points for the team, given his performance last year. " Neuville ended there this year an excellent second, a sigh of Volkswagen's French champion Sebastien Ogier. Neuville or the whole championship will be eligible to score manufacturers' championship it is not yet clear. "We need to look at what it says about those regulations nominations, but if it is necessary then we rotate between our three drivers," Penasse decision.

Neuville is looking forward to 2016. Then he will have the new Hyundai i20. "We are working to develop. After the endurance test, we now start tuning the car. The new i20 is certainly faster than the current," said Neuville.

http://www.hln.be/hln/nl/955/Auto--en-Motorsport/article/detail/2515260/2015/11/05/Neuville-enkel-zeker-voor-eerste-twee-WK-manches.dhtml

These days it looks more and more that Wilson and matton have more confidence in Neuvillle than Nandan.