PDA

View Full Version : R4 or S2000

power
27th November 2012, 01:19
Hi all,

I am new to this forum and I donīt know why I have not found it before this is great :)

To cut it short I want to start rallying again, Its about 15 years since I put my helmet away.

I am looking on both S2000 and R4 and I need some help to chose. R4 would be the no1 for me but it feels like the hole N4/R4 era is dying?

2013 will be used to get back in the game again to try and find some speed, I will try to cover both Tarmac Gravel and some snow.

2014 maybe do a championship depending on the speed I have I am doing this for fun.

I would be very happy if someone could give some running cost per KM for both of them for S2000 I am looking at the 208 and R4 EVO X.

I am also looking for company that could take care of the car for me "I live in France so France Italy or Switzerland would be the perfect place.

That is it for now :)

br21
27th November 2012, 09:12
For sure cost of R4 will be lower, both buying and running... Top spec, almost new EvoX R4 you can get for around 100k euros (cheaper also possible). 208 will be available I think mid of the year, and surely will cost over twice more than R4 (as only new ones will be available). Running cost of 208 is not yet known, but judging by experience with S2000 & R4 cars it should be also lot more expensive to drive 208. If you want to go deeper into details PM me, don't want to make mess here...