PDA

View Full Version : jwrc 2013

Georgi
26th November 2012, 22:08
​​I suggest to comment the JWRC 2013 in this thread.

There are no news regarding some participants yet.

Any rumors ?

EightGear
26th November 2012, 22:21
Maybe Kevin Kooijman will be in the KNAF Talent First car instead of Timo van der Marel.

Georgi
26th November 2012, 22:27
Timo van der Marel is probably a good driver but in the Academy this year his results were not strong enough. Maybe this is the reason why KNAF would choose another one for 2013.

tommeke_B
27th November 2012, 09:04
For sure Timo van der Marel is a good driver! But there are plenty of young talented drivers... :) I think the cars are way too fragile for the events they pick... It would be better if they did it with R3 (like DS3), I think those cars are much stronger (especially the suspension etc). Difficult to prove your talent when the car breaks for nothing...

rallyfiend
27th November 2012, 15:02
For sure Timo van der Marel is a good driver! But there are plenty of young talented drivers... :) I think the cars are way too fragile for the events they pick... It would be better if they did it with R3 (like DS3), I think those cars are much stronger (especially the suspension etc). Difficult to prove your talent when the car breaks for nothing...

The R3 cars are quite a bit more expensive. Every car gets stronger the further you go up the tree, it's just a question of where you draw the line of cost vs benefit.

Mintexmemory
27th November 2012, 15:06
The R3 cars are quite a bit more expensive. Every car gets stronger the further you go up the tree, it's just a question of where you draw the line of cost vs benefit.
Furthermore, learning to drive within the limits of the machinery is part of the maturity that the series is aiming to develop. Craig Breen had to learn that last year and did so to outstanding effect.

millbrook
28th November 2012, 14:45
Maybe another Kevin - Va Deijne - would be a better option.

Maybe Kevin Kooijman will be in the KNAF Talent First car instead of Timo van der Marel.

tommeke_B
28th November 2012, 14:48
Maybe another Kevin - Va Deijne - would be a better option.
Look at the stage times he did in Ypres and in East Belgian Rally... Disappointing? ;)

MartijnS
28th November 2012, 15:13
Kooijman is way faster than van Deijne imo :)

Georgi
28th November 2012, 20:36
John MacCrone is trying to participate in JWRC 2013.

Andreas Amberg is having the same aim.

RS
30th November 2012, 18:46
jWRC? Didn't that end years ago?

tolis
30th November 2012, 20:07
jWRC? Didn't that end years ago?
Exactly...However, this is the new name of WRC Academy.

Micke_VOC
18th December 2012, 21:14
2013 JWRC Calendar:
Vodafone Rally de Portugal 12-14 April
Acropolis Rally (Greece) 31 May - 2 June
Neste Oil Rally Finland 2-4 August
ADAC Rallye Deutschland 23-25 August
Rallye de France - Alsace 4-6 October
RallyRACC - Rally de España 25-27 October

Regulations are published on Portal | Federation Internationale de l'Automobile (http://www.fia.com)

Georgi
28th December 2012, 17:35
Any news/rumors about this trophy?

Really hard to predict who would participate in this one.

Mitch555
28th December 2012, 21:53
Brendan Reeves unlikely to return. More likely to do Australian Rally Championship and Rally America.

Georgi
29th December 2012, 12:36
Brendan Reeves unlikely to return. More likely to do Australian Rally Championship and Rally America.

I've read about that somewhere ...
It's a pity that he decided not to continue in WRC. Most probably the reason is luck of enough budget.
He did some good job in the FIA Academy.

Georgi
29th December 2012, 12:42
For sure some UK drivers will join this championship to follow the steps of Elfin Evans...

I think Mark Donnelly will try something. He will drive DS3 in the British championship but who knows...

SubaruNorway
29th December 2012, 12:52

His sister and Alex Gelsomino seems to be dating, maybe that's some of the reason they found money to drive in Rally America?

pantealex
29th December 2012, 14:24
For sure some UK drivers will join this championship to follow the steps of Elfin Evans...

I think Mark Donnelly will try something. He will drive DS3 in the British championship but who knows...

WRC-3 is much better for him.

vino_93
29th December 2012, 17:31
what about MacCrone ? He did a good end of season last year.

Georgi
29th December 2012, 18:25
His sister and Alex Gelsomino seems to be dating, maybe that's some of the reason they found money to drive in Rally America?

Yes, they have plenty of photos together lately so most probably dating.
On another hand what Alex Gelsomino can bring for Reeves on the table so to drive in Rally America?

Georgi
29th December 2012, 19:22
WRC-3 is much better for him.

Agree with you only because he will drive DS3 in the British championship.
I don't think of big names who will do WRC-3 and make this a strong championship.
I still favour the JWRC as more balanced trophy.
Equal cars = strong competition.
Only young drivers!
Plus he can get important experience and shine in this championship.

vino_93
30th December 2012, 09:01
For sure WRC-3 will have more strong contenders than JWRC. There is also two fast french guys : Chardonnet and Gilbert. And there will have more young guys from different countries with Citroen International Trophy. I read here that Alessandro Re, Keith Cronin or Stéphane Consani are both interesting, and for sure there will be a lot of others.
Whereas JWRC is not really interesting ... last year we saw the purviews of JWRC, with not many contenders and weak cars. Maybe there will be one or two fast guys, but the other will be rookies with not a lot of experience (as Kooijman).

Georgi
31st December 2012, 08:35
Vino_93 - you are right to some point and view.

What is the calendar of WRC-3? How many events can score? Minimum participants per event?

I don't want to see something like PWRC 2WD winner 2012 - one participant - one winner :(

I think that the calendar is much more diverse than the JWRC one. This makes the competition a bit more unclear and not same for all the teams - small and big ones. Some can go to more events than others.
Plus the DS3 is much more expensive car than the Fiesta R2 to run.
What could be the budget to do JWRC? and for WRC-3?

The JWRC has clear calendar with 6 events.

My opinion is that WRC-3 is something made for the Citroen DS3 (R3T) drivers as alternative of the ex-FIA Academy (R2B).

Prisoner Monkeys
31st December 2012, 09:01
What is the calendar of WRC-3? How many events can score? Minimum participants per event?
There is no set calendar. It's a little complex, but drivers are free to enter however many events they like, and may choose to enter any of them. However, in order to be eligible for the championship, they must contest at least six events during the season, and their best five results from the first seven events of the season will count.

So, let's say someone in the WRC-3 contests the first eight events of the season - Monte Carlo, Sweden, Mexico, Portugal, Argentina, Greece, Italy and Finland, and they achieve these results:

- 4th in Monte Carlo
- 2nd in Sweden
- 9th in Mexico
- 7th in Portugal
- 2nd in Argentina
- 1st in Greece
- 4th in Italy
- 3rd in Finland

The five best results from the first seven rallies will count for points, so the ninth place in Mexico and the seventh place in Portugal do not count. Similarly, the third place in Finland doesn't count because it is the eighth rally the driver entered. So, in the end, their 4th place in Monte Carlo, 2nd place in Sweden, 2nd place in Argentina, 1st place in Greece and 4th place in Italy will be the results that count.

I hope that makes sense.

My opinion is that WRC-3 is something made for the Citroen DS3 (R3T) drivers as alternative of the ex-FIA Academy (R2B).
WRC-3 is made for two-wheel drive cars. However, the DS3 is likely to be a popular choice, because Citroen are running a programme called the "Citroen Top Driver", with the winner being offered a partially-funded drive in the 2014 WRC-2 championship. When the FIA created the WRC-3, it was not intended to be a Citroen-only category, but Citroen have evidently seized the opportunity to start developing young talent and created the Citroen Top Driver programme.

PLuto
31st December 2012, 13:05
There is no set calendar. It's a little complex, but drivers are free to enter however many events they like, and may choose to enter any of them. However, in order to be eligible for the championship, they must contest at least six events during the season, and their best five results from the first seven events of the season will count.

So, let's say someone in the WRC-3 contests the first eight events of the season - Monte Carlo, Sweden, Mexico, Portugal, Argentina, Greece, Italy and Finland, and they achieve these results:

- 4th in Monte Carlo
- 2nd in Sweden
- 9th in Mexico
- 7th in Portugal
- 2nd in Argentina
- 1st in Greece
- 4th in Italy
- 3rd in Finland

The five best results from the first seven rallies will count for points, so the ninth place in Mexico and the seventh place in Portugal do not count. Similarly, the third place in Finland doesn't count because it is the eighth rally the driver entered. So, in the end, their 4th place in Monte Carlo, 2nd place in Sweden, 2nd place in Argentina, 1st place in Greece and 4th place in Italy will be the results that count.

I hope that makes sense.

I think you are not correct. For counting it is five best results from first seven NOMINATED events. Driver can start for example in Portugal, but he can "not nominate" this event...

bluuford
17th January 2013, 20:06
Yesterday there was an article in Estonian press that Sander Pärn and Kaspar Koitla are both planning to contest JWRC in 2013. Both are still collecting funds.

vino_93
18th January 2013, 09:54
Both are good drivers, it's a good news !

Georgi
18th January 2013, 10:36
Yesterday there was an article in Estonian press that Sander Pärn and Kaspar Koitla are both planning to contest JWRC in 2013. Both are still collecting funds.

I really hope they will make it.

I'm a bit surprised that there are no news for other possible entries in JWRC so far.

OldF
26th January 2013, 11:54
The application process for this year's FIA Junior WRC Championship has begun,……

World Rally Championship - News - Entries invited for 2013 FIA Junior WRC Championship (http://www.wrc.com/news/entries-invited-for-2013-fia-junior-wrc-championship/?fid=18244)

Georgi
22nd February 2013, 09:12
one month later...

vino_93
13th March 2013, 19:14
2013 FIA Junior WRC Championship Newsletter - 13 Mar 2013 (http://mad.ly/5fb593)

Well, first 5 look good. Hope to see other good names !

pantealex
13th March 2013, 20:08
2 Finns, A is Fast and N is Worse

Hartusvuori
14th March 2013, 05:57
Koci! He'll definitely be one to watch too. Amberg is fast, not the fastest Finn on 2wd, but he's absolutely on a steep learning curve.

AMSS
14th March 2013, 06:56
Koci! He'll definitely be one to watch too. Amberg is fast, not the fastest Finn on 2wd, but he's absolutely on a steep learning curve.

I agree, Nieminen not that fast, and Amberg a steady roller but lacks natural"raw" speed, on the other hand in the J-WRC consistency is probably the most important thing so he can be strong there.

Tom206wrc
14th March 2013, 14:44
Alastair Fisher, ex-contender of JWRC, chose te Citroën trophy this season :D

SubaruNorway
14th March 2013, 17:15
Marius Aasen confirmed for the first 4 rallies working on the last two.
- Marius Aasen - Med motorsport i hjertet (http://www.mariusaasen.com/Marius/default.asp?UserCaseChoice=4&itemID=1438&itemType=85&BUTTONCHOISE=1)

EightGear
14th March 2013, 19:00
So, for Portugal these are the entries:

Sander Pärn (Estonia)
Pontus Tidemand (Sweden)
Martin Koci (Slovakia)
Andreas Amberg (Finland)
Jose Antonio Suarez (Spain)
Murat Bostanci (Turkey)
Michael Burri (Switzerland)
Niko Nieminen (Finland)
Marius Aasen (Norway)
Yeray Lemes (Spain)

Fly
14th March 2013, 19:50
Good to see Llemes back in business after promising 2011 season.

BTW, what happened to Egon Kaur? He was so close to the title that same year. No news on his website. Still young though (born in 1990)

Georgi
15th March 2013, 08:56
So, for Portugal these are the entries:

Sander Pärn (Estonia)
Pontus Tidemand (Sweden)
Martin Koci (Slovakia)
Andreas Amberg (Finland)
Jose Antonio Suarez (Spain)
Murat Bostanci (Turkey)
Michael Burri (Switzerland)
Niko Nieminen (Finland)
Marius Aasen (Norway)
Yeray Lemes (Spain)

The list is good. I like it.
Where did you find it?

edit: just saw the entry list! Sorry....

Ezhik
15th March 2013, 09:41
BTW, what happened to Egon Kaur? He was so close to the title that same year. No news on his website. Still young though (born in 1990)

AFAIK he is doing full Estonian Rally Championship in Impreza N15

PLuto
15th March 2013, 22:50
Martin Koci was today testing before Rally Portugal, gallery is here - Autosport (http://www.autosport.cz/clanek.php?cl=14996)

http://www.autosport.cz/img/clanky/071c1d5fdf877ea734d519f038ee4ddd.jpghttp://www.autosport.cz/img/clanky/e727606f9e811463d3f4fdcbf8f802ba.jpg

efe-e
15th March 2013, 22:51
Murat Bostanci, Turkish Young Drivers Champion and 3rd in 2012 Overall w/ Fiesta S2000.

Murat has the Rallying in his DNA, his father, Serdar Bostanci is one of the former Turkish and Balkans Champion.

He will be really fast, keep your eyes on him ;)

EightGear
10th May 2013, 14:59
Anybody noticed this yet? A report from round 1 from, apparently, the official JWRC Youtube channel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jt6Bhu37ag